Greetings fellow rational thinkers!

Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Greetings fellow rational thinkers!

Alaskan Atheist here. As my name suggests, I've lived in Alaska all my life save one year (born in Montana). I'm 16 years old and I'm a full-fledged, staunch Richard Dawkins-esque atheist.

I believe there is no greater threat to the human species than religion.

I want to be an astronomer when I go to college and take after both Carl Sagan (my biggest inspiration) and Richard Dawkins (his fight against religion and for atheism is commendable).


I have a story to share about my only girlfriend, who happened to be Christian, but only if you guys would like to hear it.

I look forward to discussing atheism and the fallacy that is religion with you guys!

Best regards,

Eric, Alaska, Pale Blue Dot, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
 welcome from Ontario,

 welcome from Ontario, Canada.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Hi from Sydney, Australia

 

 

Alaska, pleased to meet you. Oddly enough, I don't like religions like islam and christianity, either. I see them as human rights violations. 

 

P.S. And another Sagan lover, I see. Well done, you...Fire away with your story when you feel like it. We'd be interested to hear more. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Greetings from Portland,

Greetings from Portland, OR.  You are the same age as my grandson - who is also an atheist.  Such clever young men.

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Alaskan Atheist wrote:As my

Alaskan Atheist wrote:

As my name suggests, I've lived in Alaska all my life save one year (born in Montana).

/nitpick How does your name suggest you lived for one year in Montana? /nitpick

I meant to say hello, but it's very hard for me...

 

Glad to see another young person around Laughing out loud I'm the only young one here, the rest are like 30-year-old drunkards... And they know so much more than me, too. Which is annoying Sad

Alaskan Atheist wrote:
I have a story to share about my only girlfriend, who happened to be Christian, but only if you guys would like to hear it.

Fire away! We definitely want to know who you are and what you've been through.

Since everybody else forgot (and now that I think of it, I haven't seen him since the server reset) we have a pet Christian whom you might want to ignore Smiling


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13545
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:Alaskan

Thunderios wrote:

Alaskan Atheist wrote:

As my name suggests, I've lived in Alaska all my life save one year (born in Montana).

/nitpick How does your name suggest you lived for one year in Montana? /nitpick

I meant to say hello, but it's very hard for me...

 

Glad to see another young person around Laughing out loud I'm the only young one here, the rest are like 30-year-old drunkards... And they know so much more than me, too. Which is annoying Sad

Alaskan Atheist wrote:
I have a story to share about my only girlfriend, who happened to be Christian, but only if you guys would like to hear it.

Fire away! We definitely want to know who you are and what you've been through.

Since everybody else forgot (and now that I think of it, I haven't seen him since the server reset) we have a pet Christian whom you might want to ignore Smiling

Can you see Russia from your house?

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


RatDog
atheistSilver Member
Posts: 562
Joined: 2008-11-14
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome aboard.  

 Welcome aboard.  


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
Alaskan Atheist

Alaskan Atheist wrote:

Alaskan Atheist here. As my name suggests, I've lived in Alaska all my life save one year (born in Montana). I'm 16 years old and I'm a full-fledged, staunch Richard Dawkins-esque atheist.

I believe there is no greater threat to the human species than religion.

I want to be an astronomer when I go to college and take after both Carl Sagan (my biggest inspiration) and Richard Dawkins (his fight against religion and for atheism is commendable).


I have a story to share about my only girlfriend, who happened to be Christian, but only if you guys would like to hear it.

I look forward to discussing atheism and the fallacy that is religion with you guys!

Best regards,

Eric, Alaska, Pale Blue Dot, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe.

Hello! Welcome among us. I'm glad to see a thinking guy of your age. How are you getting along with your peers? I hope they are more than walking lungs of nicotine and livers of alcohol, unlike my former classmates. 

Well, I too believe that religion is a great threat to mankind, but just after the unrestrained expansive economy, driven by consumer society. You might want to check out the nearby fishing operations or Canadian deforested oil soil fields. You might also want to argue, that Christians want to destroy the world, because it will only make Jesus return sooner. In which case I surrender Smiling

Surely, don't hesitate to confess a story about your girlfriend. I'd love to hear it. Do you advise to avoid Christian girls, or are they able to take some criticism? For example, that there are almost no true believers, only indoctrinated children and brainwashed adults? Brainwashing is no buzzword, make sure you explain that. ( It is a method of taking away one's self-confidence (you are a filthy sinner and going to hell) and then restoring it with all administrator rights given to the manipulator (...but Jesus died on the cross for your sins, so you're still worthless, but less worthless than the unbeliever scum).)

As for me, I'm 23 years old, but I wish I didn't count the years that I didn't enjoy.
I found out that age difference matters very little among smart people, if anything, it makes discussion more interesting. It helps to understand (or admire in spite of the age) the other people. 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OPy

Hi OPy,

Hi Alaskan Pagan. As a 16 year old, your intelligence level may still be in orbit of potential. Your mind has been molded most likely due to you wanting to boink the ladies. Let's be honest horn dog.

And who knows, perhaps the smoking of the midnight poker is also part of it. So if no God, no accoutability. You are a coward going with the crowd of atheist religion.

But you did say you are of a certain atheist denomination.

Repent of your filth and turn to Jesus you little punk. Or the hell with you. I speak out of respect.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi OPy,Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OPy,

Hi Alaskan Pagan. As a 16 year old, your intelligence level may still be in orbit of potential. Your mind has been molded most likely due to you wanting to boink the ladies. Let's be honest horn dog.

And who knows, perhaps the smoking of the midnight poker is also part of it. So if no God, no accoutability. You are a coward going with the crowd of atheist religion.

But you did say you are of a certain atheist denomination.

Repent of your filth and turn to Jesus you little punk. Or the hell with you. I speak out of respect.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Ah yes, our neighborhood delusionist. So good to meet you, albeit a very unrespectful welcome in which you so decidedly pointed out was respectful. Is your world black and white?

Before you start stereotyping atheists, which is very hard to do because there is a copious variety of us in the world, I would like to share a few things with you.

Firstly, I do not wish to "boink the ladies" as you so eloquently put it. I happen to respect the female gender enough that I, as Christian as it sounds, will wait under marriage to boink my true love, because by pure divine intervention, Jeebus told me to keep my ding dong (no, not the Hoistess confection) out of locks. Locks, were designed were they not? Surely you will agree with me there is a need for a Designer then. Glad we got that covered. Onto the next.

I have never done nor am I ever foreseeing me taking any kind of drugs. I'm a more "pray to God He'll fix it" kind of person myself, thank you very much!

Furthermore, not only am I happy to be atheist, thinking with logic and rationality is the best trait in the world, and seeing as you have none to offer, would you kindly get off my introduction thread and go read a Carl Sagan book and be like a literary movement and be Enlightened? Thanks.

To everyone else, my girlfriend story in the next post!

 

Kind regards, and not so respectfully (to JC here [LOL JC = Jesus Christ?]),

Alaskan Atheist (and damn proud to be both!)

 

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OPy

Hi OPy,

Can I call you A.A.

So then, it's due to being a punk. There is no logical reason behind atheism. Even weak atheists admit this (for different reasons).

Now, if you are waiting until marriage, then you are stealing Christian ethics. Now, it is common for atheists to be theives, and/or murderers, but come one, give credit to what you rip off.

But A.A. you have one foot in Chrisitanity via ethics (waiting until you're married, no drugs, etc), and one foot in absurdity. You're have fence prints on your behind. Why not place your foot that is stuck in absurdity and come on over to the chrisitan side completely.

Trust in Christ that He over came death so that you may also via the 2nd death, lest your place be hotter then most.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
And another thing Jean, "my

And another thing Jean, "my intelligence level may still be in orbit of potential" ? I think it says multitudes about my intelligence level that I happen to logical enough to be atheist.

I'd appreciate it if you get to know me better before you start assuming (which makes an ass out of u and me) things about me that are completely untrue. But don't take that TOO literally, because I wish not to know each other very closely, if you're smelling what I'm stepping in.

Thanks!

 

AA

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OPy,

Can I call you A.A.

So then, it's due to being a punk. There is no logical reason behind atheism. Even weak atheists admit this (for different reasons).

Now, if you are waiting until marriage, then you are stealing Christian ethics. Now, it is common for atheists to be theives, and/or murderers, but come one, give credit to what you rip off.

But A.A. you have one foot in Chrisitanity via ethics (waiting until you're married, no drugs, etc), and one foot in absurdity. You're have fence prints on your behind. Why not place your foot that is stuck in absurdity and come on over to the chrisitan side completely.

Trust in Christ that He over came death so that you may also via the 2nd death, lest your place be hotter then most.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

I'd like to point out that more people have been killed in the name of God than any other reason (not only am I a Carl Sagan fan, I love George Carlin as well...).

Hitler, terrorists (the majority do it because of God), numerous others (for example, Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, in turn killing thousands of American soldiers and other members of the human species) were all Christian and killed in the name of God. It's absurd.

And I'd rather shoot myself in the head with a rusty 100 year old pistol than become Christian. That would be the ultimate smack in the face, disrespectful thing I could do to this grand and utterly amazing Cosmos. After all, "we are star stuff".

 

AA

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I recommend you just ignore

I recommend you just ignore Jean Chauvin, he's just our resident poe troll.

 

If we ignore him, he'll just get bored and leave.

 

 


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I recommend you just ignore Jean Chauvin, he's just our resident poe troll.

 

If we ignore him, he'll just get bored and leave.

 

 

 

Gladly.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OPIE

Hi OPIE,

So let me get this straight, you are stealling Christian ethics on waiting until you're married for sex, but yet, the ethics you are ripping off you are using to say that the killing via God is unethical. You are like a boy in a boat with one oar. Around and around we go chuck.

Killing in the name of a true God or a false God? Roman Catholicism is a cult so the Crusades would not be via the real God. Those killings that were done via the real God however was due via a just killing which is different from murder via the 10 commandments.

You are very inconsistent. Atheist have no ethics. Sapient admitted this once. Ethics of a soceity to get along, yeah. However, if you were on an Island, and you were the stronger, there would be no ethics. Thus ethics is subjective and not objective in atheism.

Thus killing is NOT wrong or right in atheism, since objectivity speaking there is no wrong or right. So you cannot speak of killing as anything via ethics as an atheist. You can interpret killing via Christianity objectively.

So I would hope more then anything, that if you continue to be an atheist, please be more consistent as an atheist. Be the most consistent atheist you can be. This inconsistency makes me a little ill in the stomach.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:you are

Jean Chauvin wrote:

you are stealing Christian ethics.

 

The same could be said about you, in that you are stealing atheist ethics. You're an atheist. Not to the Christian God, but to Apollo, Zeus, Wotan, Thor, Shiva, and Dionysus? They're as real as your god, are they not?

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi OPY

Hi OPIE,

How can I steal atheist ethics if atheism has no ethics. LOL. What? Hello, anybody home? Even Dan Barker from the Freedom from Religion Foundation admits to this and he also admits that he "borrows" Christian ethics as his ethics. We all know he steals these ethics from Chrisitanity.

So, either revise your statement, or clarify atheist ethics. So you go against all the other atheist and believe in an objective form of secular ethics with a variable with zero error?

You are more Christian then you are atheist. You are a horrible atheist.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OPIE,

How can I steal atheist ethics if atheism has no ethics. LOL. What? Hello, anybody home? Even Dan Barker from the Freedom from Religion Foundation admits to this and he also admits that he "borrows" Christian ethics as his ethics. We all know he steals these ethics from Chrisitanity.

So, either revise your statement, or clarify atheist ethics. So you go against all the other atheist and believe in an objective form of secular ethics with a variable with zero error?

You are more Christian then you are atheist. You are a horrible atheist.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Okay! I'll change my "ethics" to being just a mere thought in which I will base my life by. The thought occurred to me that I want to save my virginity till marriage. I will live by that thought because it seems pretty good to me.

I may be a horrible atheist, but at least I'm not christian!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi AA

Hi AA,

You're influenced by Christianity way more then atheism. You are like a caterpillar trying to destroy the process of being a butterfly. You are going towards Christianity, while you desire to be a catepillar forever. Yet you are incapable of doing this mentally.

You are thus a walking contradiction and fallacy with legs. Half atheist, half Chrisitan via influence. You're like that pan myth.

Not sure why you have such a negative emotional reaction towards Christianity, but whatever it is, it is not logical or rational. It is emotional. And on that level and that level alone, you can start your consistency.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Anyway, my girlfriend story!

Anyway, my girlfriend story! :

 

I've been in love with this girl for 3 years (Freshman in High school) and we dated twice. First time she broke up with me because she didn't want a boyfriend during the school year. Lo and behold, she got another one two weeks into it. Yeah, pretty pissed/sad about that. They broke up and we got back together end of Sophomore year (she said she never stopped loving me). I accepted it and we carried on. Last December, after 8 months of solid and happy dating, she dumped me randomly because I wasn't Christian. She never wanted to go past kissing (we didn't) and I assured her we wouldn't because I wanted to keep her because I loved her. Anyway, we've been seperated for 6 months and I still love her as much as I did during the climax of our relationship.

 

Yeah, sucks! But I guess I learned a lesson here. Never date Christian chicks. They're crazy.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi AA,

You're influenced by Christianity way more then atheism. You are like a caterpillar trying to destroy the process of being a butterfly. You are going towards Christianity, while you desire to be a catepillar forever. Yet you are incapable of doing this mentally.

You are thus a walking contradiction and fallacy with legs. Half atheist, half Chrisitan via influence. You're like that pan myth.

Not sure why you have such a negative emotional reaction towards Christianity, but whatever it is, it is not logical or rational. It is emotional. And on that level and that level alone, you can start your consistency.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Trust me, as an astronomer and scientist, there is nothing more I'd rather not do is be a Christian. Trust me on this. I will never be a Christian unless someone comes up with some evidence for the existence of God.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi AA

Hi AA,

If God stood in front of you with spikes on his feet, and did a triple spinning hook kick upon your face, and then did a face claw, and kneed you in the balls, you would still not believe He exists.

If God cooked you dinner, and then threw it at you, you would still not believe. If God wants you to believe, He will choose you and you will believe. God is not biting his nails shaking, oh, Alaskan Punk, oh punk, please accept me. lol.

Get with it. If you deny God, you deny it because you are pagan. If God's wants you to believe, you cannot deny that which is.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi AA,If

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi AA,

If God stood in front of you with spikes on his feet, and did a triple spinning hook kick upon your face, and then did a face claw, and kneed you in the balls, you would still not believe He exists.

If God cooked you dinner, and then threw it at you, you would still not believe. If God wants you to believe, He will choose you and you will believe. God is not biting his nails shaking, oh, Alaskan Punk, oh punk, please accept me. lol.

Get with it. If you deny God, you deny it because you are pagan. If God's wants you to believe, you cannot deny that which is.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

I'm pretty sure if there was hard, physical evidence for any kind of God, I would believe in him. Since there is not, I don't. Simple as that.

And if God wanted everyone to accept him and worship him, why did he make me atheist? And don't say it's because we have free will. We don't. God has an Ultimate Plan which controls everything, therefore we have no free will and he wanted me to be atheist.

 

AA

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi AA

Hi AA,

Not sure what you mean by physical, hard, and evidence. If you speak of empiricism, then this is impossible since empiricism is a false system to know.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi AA,If

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi AA,

If God stood in front of you with spikes on his feet, and did a triple spinning hook kick upon your face, and then did a face claw, and kneed you in the balls, you would still not believe He exists.

If God cooked you dinner, and then threw it at you, you would still not believe. If God wants you to believe, He will choose you and you will believe. God is not biting his nails shaking, oh, Alaskan Punk, oh punk, please accept me. lol.

Get with it. If you deny God, you deny it because you are pagan. If God's wants you to believe, you cannot deny that which is.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

It's not because of your ego is it. Your own doubt shines through when you post such erratic extreme examples.

Btw, welcome "AA".

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi AA,Not

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi AA,

Not sure what you mean by physical, hard, and evidence. If you speak of empiricism, then this is impossible since empiricism is a false system to know.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 What is there not to understand? Evidence. Like scientific evidence. Like the evidence for evolution, or say, for gravity. Evidence is evidence. And in order to believe something as true, there must be evidence. Don't say there is evidence for God, because God is not real unless in faith. Faith is the lack of evidence, so if there is evidence, there is no faith.

 

AA

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
You're a mental pygmy, Jeano.

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OPIE,

So let me get this straight, you are stealling Christian ethics on waiting until you're married for sex, but yet, the ethics you are ripping off you are using to say that the killing via God is unethical. You are like a boy in a boat with one oar. Around and around we go chuck.

 

 

Christians stole human ethics, we can hardly steal them back. If there's one thing that does my head in it's god-folk insisting before jesus starting selling sandals in the markets outside Tyre people hated each other and there was no good in the world and rightness and decency were not to be found. Babies were used as target practice and the elderly roasted and eaten for tea.

You'll recall that when jesus told people to do more of the good stuff he didn't have to demonstrate the nature of love, respect, empathy and integrity. He used plain language and everyone knew exactly what he was talking about because it was part of who they already were. Christian ethics. What a fucking crock. If you have any doubts about right minded men of old try reading some Epicetus for a change. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Alaskan Atheist wrote:Jean

Alaskan Atheist wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi AA,

Not sure what you mean by physical, hard, and evidence. If you speak of empiricism, then this is impossible since empiricism is a false system to know.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 What is there not to understand? Evidence. Like scientific evidence. Like the evidence for evolution, or say, for gravity. Evidence is evidence. And in order to believe something as true, there must be evidence. Don't say there is evidence for God, because God is not real unless in faith. Faith is the lack of evidence, so if there is evidence, there is no faith.

 

AA

Hehe, get ready for the empiricism rant. Smiling you should know that jean is most likely a poe, or a very strict (read disturbed) Calvinist.  I wouldn't waste too much energy on him unless it is to humour yourself.  

I for one, find him highly entertaining, and I actually learned a thing or two indirectly from him.  

As for the Christian chicks thing.... I'm afraid the majority of people are quite irrational, we, as heterosexual males, just happen to be emotionally attracted to women, and hence the irrationality is painfully apparent.  You'll be fine, just don't stop thinking critically, especially when it comes to relationships. 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Oh, for fuck's sake.

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi AA,

If God stood in front of you with spikes on his feet, and did a triple spinning hook kick upon your face, and then did a face claw, and kneed you in the balls, you would still not believe He exists.

If God cooked you dinner, and then threw it at you, you would still not believe. If God wants you to believe, He will choose you and you will believe. God is not biting his nails shaking, oh, Alaskan Punk, oh punk, please accept me. lol.

Get with it. If you deny God, you deny it because you are pagan. If God's wants you to believe, you cannot deny that which is.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

What a crock of complete bullshit. There is no knowable evidence for a supernatural god. Get over it. 

And stop saying lol. It makes you sound like a total wanker.  

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Jean

Atheistextremist wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi AA,

If God stood in front of you with spikes on his feet, and did a triple spinning hook kick upon your face, and then did a face claw, and kneed you in the balls, you would still not believe He exists.

If God cooked you dinner, and then threw it at you, you would still not believe. If God wants you to believe, He will choose you and you will believe. God is not biting his nails shaking, oh, Alaskan Punk, oh punk, please accept me. lol.

Get with it. If you deny God, you deny it because you are pagan. If God's wants you to believe, you cannot deny that which is.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

What a crock of complete bullshit. There is no knowable evidence for a supernatural god. Get over it. 

And stop saying lol. It makes you sound like a total wanker.  

 

He is a total wanker.  So what is your point AE? 

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3283
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Alaskan Atheist wrote:I may

Alaskan Atheist wrote:

I may be a horrible atheist, but at least I'm not christian!

you're not a horrible atheist, you're only guilty of wasting your time.  there's no such thing as "good" or "bad" atheism, and jean knows this, don't you, jean?  because neither "good" nor "bad" can be associated with atheism, since atheism has no bullsh-- er, objective standards.  also, atheism can't "steal" anything because "stealing" is also an ethically reprehensible act, but atheism has no ethics, so atheism can do whatever it wants.

in fact, since inconsistency is the antithesis of any kind of objective order, just like atheism,  an inconsistent atheist is actually the "best" possible atheist, since you're living atheism out to its logical (or illogical) conclusion.

so congrats.  you outrank us all.  in this particular "denomination," that is.

 

btw, jean, it would do no good if this particular "punk" fell on his knees before jesus, since he's not one of the elect, and thus no amount of praying will save him from his predestined damnation.  i know he's not one of the elect because the bob's big boy statue in paramus, NJ, appeared before me in a dream and told me so.  then wesley willis floated down from heaven and told you to suck a male camel's dick with heinz tomato ketchup.

but he spoke out of respect.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Alaskan Atheist

Alaskan Atheist wrote:

Anyway, my girlfriend story! :

 

I've been in love with this girl for 3 years (Freshman in High school) and we dated twice. First time she broke up with me because she didn't want a boyfriend during the school year. Lo and behold, she got another one two weeks into it. Yeah, pretty pissed/sad about that. They broke up and we got back together end of Sophomore year (she said she never stopped loving me). I accepted it and we carried on. Last December, after 8 months of solid and happy dating, she dumped me randomly because I wasn't Christian. She never wanted to go past kissing (we didn't) and I assured her we wouldn't because I wanted to keep her because I loved her. Anyway, we've been seperated for 6 months and I still love her as much as I did during the climax of our relationship.

 

Yeah, sucks! But I guess I learned a lesson here. Never date Christian chicks. They're crazy.

I'm in love with a girl whom I never talked to. The only reason I do is because she is Asian.
Since I'm a social twat, I would never be able to talk to her without a proper reason, which I will never have.
So I had to suppress my feelings, which I have managed to do. I'm very proud of that to hide the shame that I suck at life Laughing out loud

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13545
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Alaskan Atheist wrote:Jean

Alaskan Atheist wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OPy,

Hi Alaskan Pagan. As a 16 year old, your intelligence level may still be in orbit of potential. Your mind has been molded most likely due to you wanting to boink the ladies. Let's be honest horn dog.

And who knows, perhaps the smoking of the midnight poker is also part of it. So if no God, no accoutability. You are a coward going with the crowd of atheist religion.

But you did say you are of a certain atheist denomination.

Repent of your filth and turn to Jesus you little punk. Or the hell with you. I speak out of respect.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Ah yes, our neighborhood delusionist. So good to meet you, albeit a very unrespectful welcome in which you so decidedly pointed out was respectful. Is your world black and white?

Before you start stereotyping atheists, which is very hard to do because there is a copious variety of us in the world, I would like to share a few things with you.

Firstly, I do not wish to "boink the ladies" as you so eloquently put it. I happen to respect the female gender enough that I, as Christian as it sounds, will wait under marriage to boink my true love, because by pure divine intervention, Jeebus told me to keep my ding dong (no, not the Hoistess confection) out of locks. Locks, were designed were they not? Surely you will agree with me there is a need for a Designer then. Glad we got that covered. Onto the next.

I have never done nor am I ever foreseeing me taking any kind of drugs. I'm a more "pray to God He'll fix it" kind of person myself, thank you very much!

Furthermore, not only am I happy to be atheist, thinking with logic and rationality is the best trait in the world, and seeing as you have none to offer, would you kindly get off my introduction thread and go read a Carl Sagan book and be like a literary movement and be Enlightened? Thanks.

To everyone else, my girlfriend story in the next post!

 

Kind regards, and not so respectfully (to JC here [LOL JC = Jesus Christ?]),

Alaskan Atheist (and damn proud to be both!)

 

I wouldn't worry too much about our resident twat waffle. Fido(Jean) here is our zoo animal. He'd good at flinging poo, but not much else. And I am quite sure you are far more intelligent than he is.

I'd say he is off his meds, but, nothing humans could give him would work.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
What is do unique about Christianity?

AtheistExtremist wrote:
Christians stole human ethics, we can hardly steal them back. If there's one thing that does my head in it's god-folk insisting before jesus starting selling sandals in the markets outside Tyre people hated each other and there was no good in the world and rightness and decency were not to be found. Babies were used as target practice and the elderly roasted and eaten for tea You'll recall that when jesus told people to do more of the good stuff he didn't have to demonstrate the nature of love, respect, empathy and integrity. He used plain language and everyone knew exactly what he was talking about already were. Christian ethics. What a fucking crock. If you have any doubts about right minded men of old try reading some Epicetus for a change
Is there any ethic that is peculiar to Christianity? I cannot think of one. Welcome Alaska Atheist !

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

So, since nobody can refute, they shoot ad hominems. LOL. it's funny. Anyway, while it is true that consistent atheism as no objectives of anything, let alone atheism (except the objective that theer are no objectives), via the Christian objective/rational view, I see it as it is.

So, via logic from the rational view (Christianity), I can via analysis see how good an atheist is according to the logical consequences of their decisions.

But my communistic friend, arean't you to find the synthesis of the antithesis and the thesis with no objectivity to ethics in atheism. YOu've failed miserably.

So yes, AA is a horrible atheist. Not bad in the ethical sense, but rather poor in the consistent logical sense.

Brian is secretly in love with me, so I have to often tell him that homosexuality is a disgusting sin. Watch your back.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 So, apart from feeding our

 

So, apart from feeding our resident troll, would you care to talk a bit more about your interest in astronomy?

 

Personally, I would love to have Alaska sky. Connecticut sky is usually only good for two or three nights a month. When they do get good though, I have a 120x1000 refractor and a couple of low power (32mm and 36mm) 2 inch eyepieces. So you can probably guess that I like to hunt for globular clusters and nebulae.

 

Jupiter should be quite a nice sight this year and with my gear, I can get the Gallilean moons quite nicely. Saturn, well I can find it but I really should get a couple of other eyepieces with shorter focal length for that. The only thing being that not too many places seem to have them unless you move to the 1.25 inch format.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
AiG

AiG,

Really, a troll? Have you heard of the Pilgrim's Society? What is your last name? For you to be high in the ocult, you need occult royal bloodline.

AiG, Why did you discontinue the conversation over the occult? I was interested.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13545
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,So,

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

So, since nobody can refute, they shoot ad hominems. LOL. it's funny. Anyway, while it is true that consistent atheism as no objectives of anything, let alone atheism (except the objective that theer are no objectives), via the Christian objective/rational view, I see it as it is.

So, via logic from the rational view (Christianity), I can via analysis see how good an atheist is according to the logical consequences of their decisions.

But my communistic friend, arean't you to find the synthesis of the antithesis and the thesis with no objectivity to ethics in atheism. YOu've failed miserably.

So yes, AA is a horrible atheist. Not bad in the ethical sense, but rather poor in the consistent logical sense.

Brian is secretly in love with me, so I have to often tell him that homosexuality is a disgusting sin. Watch your back.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

"love" to you is your self centered herpes logic And judging by your time here, the only thing you've made love to is the bible, which is why I keep my distance from you. I don't want your "love/herpes". You make love to a book, at least Lot had sex with humans(not really because it IS a fictional story). But I wouldn't want to handle your personal bible, the pages are stuck together.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3283
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:But my

Jean Chauvin wrote:

But my communistic friend, arean't you to find the synthesis of the antithesis and the thesis with no objectivity to ethics in atheism. YOu've failed miserably.

no, you've failed miserably at the english language, since that sentence made no fucking sense (respectfully).

btw, what country are you from, exactly?  because i've never heard the word "communistic" used before, except by non-native english speakers.  i'm a communist.  you can come right out and say it.  i don't mind.

and yeah, maybe i result to ad hominem a lot.  you might say i do it consistently.

and with respect. 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi IW

Hi IW,

All communists will burn in hell. A side note.

So if I lived in a communist country, you would eradicate Christianity would you not? If I continued to pray and attend church, you would kill me, unless it was Roman Catholic.

All communists need to have their ass kicked. In Jesus name.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3283
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:So if I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

So if I lived in a communist country, you would eradicate Christianity would you not? If I continued to pray and attend church, you would kill me, unless it was Roman Catholic.

nope.  that would be up to the local soviet, in my particular ideal.  but if they deputized me to put you up against the wall, i doubt i'd hesitate.  not because of your faith, but because i don't like assholes.  all assholes should have bullets in their brains.  a sidenote.

Jean Chauvin wrote:

All communists need to have their ass kicked.

Ruskov 461

044 16 Slovakia

be you and jesus warned, however, i have lead pipe, and i don't fight fair.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi IW

Hi IW,

You are an evil bastard aren't you. But a consistent atheist. You would put a bullet in my brain for being a Christian, and because you don't like because I am a Chrisitian.

Well, Communism is pagan or non Christian, Capitalism is Christian, thus the fight. Under communism, atheists are given the means of soceity to carry out their consistency of evil. IW is just a very honest evil son of a bitch.

You do know that when you die, Satan will shove pinecones up your ass. You and Hitler. That was on an Adam Sandler movie.

As an evil bastard, I rejoice when communists die and go to hell.

I have a 63 page manuel by Stalin on the Russian Brainwashing manuel. It is a very interesting read, but a very rare pamplett indeed.

But IW, I know you've just been brainwashed. You reject Christianity because of your love of communism, not because of logical reason.

My previous post was because I thought you were Hegelian Dialecticism in your worldview. Most European nutty nuts or evil people like yourself love Hegel, and hate Christians.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3614
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:You would

Jean Chauvin wrote:
You would put a bullet in my brain for being a Christian

 

 

 

 

                    .....and then post the video on YouTube where it would instantly go viral.

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination." Voltaire ( 1694-1778 )


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
But you're not a christian, Jean.

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi IW,

You are an evil bastard aren't you. But a consistent atheist. You would put a bullet in my brain for being a Christian, and because you don't like because I am a Chrisitian.

 

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

You just know some bible and we both know that's not the same thing. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

 

So, apart from feeding our resident troll, would you care to talk a bit more about your interest in astronomy?

 


 

My interest in astronomy... all started when I read a book on Pluto when I was 8. I was captured. I couldn't stop reading it. I saved up money somehow (however an 8 year old does) and I bought my first astronomy book and I tore through it. I knew this is what I wanted to do. I want to get a degree in astronomy and go back and teach either middle school or high school physical science / astronomy.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I have a 63 page

Quote:
I have a 63 page manuel by Stalin on the Russian Brainwashing manuel. It is a very interesting read, but a very rare pamplett indeed.

And I have The Inquisitor Manual, a book from several centuries ago on how to treat heretics. So?

BTW I partially agree that communism is pagan...

Well, AA, I suppose you can feel at home in here only after you have been called an idiot (but respectfully) from that calvinist.

Oh and I study engineering, so I don't do sex, it would be extremy irrespectfully. Engineers do not do sex, and if one does, then he is not a true engineer. Also (as this was an argument on freethinkingteens) I sustain that the pleasure sex gives is not worth the effort.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 Alaskan Atheist wrote:  

 

Alaskan Atheist wrote:

 

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:
So, apart from feeding our resident troll, would you care to talk a bit more about your interest in astronomy?

 

My interest in astronomy... all started when I read a book on Pluto when I was 8. I was captured. I couldn't stop reading it. I saved up money somehow (however an 8 year old does) and I bought my first astronomy book and I tore through it. I knew this is what I wanted to do. I want to get a degree in astronomy and go back and teach either middle school or high school physical science / astronomy.

 

Ah! I see. So one of your major motivating points is not just the astronomy itself but also to become an educator and pass on the passion to the public. I am sure that if he were still among us, Carl Sagan would be very pleased to hear that.

 

In fact, astronomy is one area that is really ripe for that type of work. I do a bit of that in my own way as I am what is known as a sidewalk astronomer. When I do get good weather, I set up in front of my apartment building and I can show cool stuff to anyone who walks past. Mostly, that is short looks at one or two things at a time as most people are really on their way somewhere and they will stop for a couple of minutes. Still, it is always nice to show people some stuff and possibly tell them a bit about what we are going to be looking at next while I get an object lined up.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-05-11
User is offlineOffline
http://www.rationalresponders

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/29503

 

^ Could you guys please go to this topic in the Poetry and Writing Forum. I need your guys' criticism for my essay against religion for English class. Thanks!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to known." - Carl Sagan

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." – George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." – Richard Dawkins


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Most your posts are

Jean Chauvin wrote:

So, since nobody can refute, they shoot ad hominems.

 

adhom Jean. Isn't this a case of pot and kettle?


 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I tend to agree with this position

 

luca wrote:
Oh and I study engineering, so I don't do sex, it would be extremy irrespectfully. Engineers do not do sex, and if one does, then he is not a true engineer. Also (as this was an argument on freethinkingteens) I sustain that the pleasure sex gives is not worth the effort.

 

But I come at it from the point of view of a person who lost house, car, furniture, friends and Axiom 301s. There are plenty of nice things about singledom including autonomy, the freedom to perve on anyone you like with no feelings of guilt, the economy of not having pay for your partner the whole time, financial security and being able to wank in your own bed. If I had to choose between sex once a month with a distinterested partner and being alone in an unjudgmental bed, I know which I would prefer.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck