God thinks you're an idiot!

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
God thinks you're an idiot!

In Postmodernism today, many Christians FEEL that if you offend somebody, you're not being spiritual. Or if you are not sensitive you are intolerant. If you call somebodies names (despite if it's true), you're being unspiritual.

But this is nonsense. God looks down on these puny atheists and calls them idiots. According to the Hebrew in some places, God even curses at these pathetic losers.

However, I shall give you some examples. It's to numerous to list them all. I will avoid Psalms 14:1 since that is the most popular one and is somewhat low key compared to the other ones.

So, as evidence, here are some verses that demonstrate that while these filthy low lifes are mocking God, it is actually God, that mocks them:

Quote:
Psalm 2:4 = He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them.

Quote:
Psalm27:13 =  But the Lord laughs at the wicked, for He knows their day is coming

Quote:
Ps 58 But You, O Lord, Laugh at them, You scoff at all the nations.
 

Quote:
Proverb 1:26 =  I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you—

These are only a sliver of examples.God even gets specific with His name calling at times. These fools (atheists) are as stupid (God refers to them as stupid) as they get. Now look atheists, I'm not calling you stupid, idiotic, moronic, freaks, and losers, (parable on my part), God is. So as I reflect the light of Scripture unto the pagan atheists, God tells you that you're an idiot.

I like the last one. When atheists die, or when the wicked parish, I'd rejoice. I'm not sure what happen with the shameful indian's dad on here, but perhaps God rejoiced and mocked you in your pain.

So, my worthless losers of friends on here, next time a Christian says He loves you or cares for you, you tell him that he's giving you bull shit.

Tell him, Jean sent you.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

The Most Consistent Christian You Know!!!

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:I can

BobSpence1 wrote:

I can accept the purest fantasy if I like the story-line and/or the 'message'.

OTOH I can get quite irritated at a 'hard science fiction' story which gets some aspect of science wrong.

Me too. I've been trying to recall an example and couldn't until I read the reply from luca...

The waterfalls on the floating rocks in Avatar  ....  where did the water come from?

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:I don't have

Sandycane wrote:
I don't have any spooks in my attic - only Brown Recluses and an occasional rodent of some sort. Still, I'm afraid to go in there.

In the case of the spiders, the fear is justified -exponentially so if you're stubborn about visits to the ER. Same thing with rodents, but only if they run up to bite you OR are foaming at the mouth.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


luca
atheist
Posts: 401
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
again avatar

Quote:
Me too. I've been trying to recall an example and couldn't until I read the reply from luca...

Since I've had the possibility to watch it in blu-ray and because it seems it's important to many people I forced myself to think on it. I mean: the case wants this puny hero has a god in himself?! the nav'i are a esthetically beautiful race?!
the protagonists and co-protagonists fall in 'perfect' love?! also the story is a one-liner, the nav'i have pants but no need for it (apparently), they have a voice that seems not to be right for their body; the birds have more than one link, but they could connect only to one person, the mechas fire their weapons but the humans don't care about the noise (that would almost kill them).
I liked shutter island, but in inception the period of time that dicaprio passed with his wife (in the dreams) is immense! Also, it's a little stupid: the only intelligent person in the film is the black one that dreams of big weapons instead of little pew pews.
And the matrix? Don't even get me started on that...


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote: The

Sandycane wrote:

 

The waterfalls on the floating rocks in Avatar  ....  where did the water come from?

The same place it comes from in world of warcraft.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Sandycane

robj101 wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

 

The waterfalls on the floating rocks in Avatar  ....  where did the water come from?

The same place it comes from in world of warcraft.

I have no idea what Wolrd of Warcraft is. So, where did the water on these floating rocks come from???

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
Nice to know I'm not the

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has a problem with the waterfalls...

'But one of the biggest problems with the scene are the majestic and powerful waterfalls that plunge down the mountains to be blown away into thin air. Great image, except for the obvious question: where is all that water coming from? Like everything else in Avatar, there's a bogus quasi-scientific answer in the semi-official wiki for that, too. It explains that the water condenses, is absorbed by the mountains, and then dumps over the sides again. The problem is that even a very small waterfall can dump hundreds of gallons of water every hour. There's no way that condensation alone could replenish huge floating waterfalls that quickly.'

http://geektwins.blogspot.com/2010/05/flawed-science-of-avatar-floating.html

 

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
You know, I had exactly the

You know, I had exactly the same question when I first visited Yosemite and looked up at the waterfalls coming over the cliffs. I was not familiar with the actual geography beyond those cliffs, and I seemed to be surrounded by mountains magically spewing water from their tops...

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
Kind of like Paradise Falls

Kind of like Paradise Falls in the movie 'UP'?

(I love that movie! One of my all-time favorites)

 

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:robj101

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

 

The waterfalls on the floating rocks in Avatar  ....  where did the water come from?

The same place it comes from in world of warcraft.

I have no idea what Wolrd of Warcraft is. So, where did the water on these floating rocks come from???

From the Wonderful World of "it's make believe, silly!"

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Sandycane

 

Kapkao wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

 

The waterfalls on the floating rocks in Avatar  ....  where did the water come from?

The same place it comes from in world of warcraft.

I have no idea what Wolrd of Warcraft is. So, where did the water on these floating rocks come from???

From the Wonderful World of "it's make believe, silly!"

That's about the meat of it.

 

I think they actually ripped that idea from wow, in an area called "Nagrand" there are floating mountains with water pouring out of them..just like in avatar.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:Kind of like

Sandycane wrote:

Kind of like Paradise Falls in the movie 'UP'?

(I love that movie! One of my all-time favorites)

 

   I saw it with my gf and we both thought it was a super enjoyable movie.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:   I

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

   I saw it with my gf and we both thought it was a super enjoyable movie.

The first 15 minutes, I'm thinking, 'What the hell kind of movie is this for kids???' You know, when his wife dies. It was so sad!

But, by the time it was over, I thought it was a great story for kids - and for me, too.

Pdw, where do you find those avatar pictures of yours??? This one has got to be the weirdest yet.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


Neoatheist
atheist
Neoatheist's picture
Posts: 34
Joined: 2011-04-23
User is offlineOffline
I completely agree Bob. I

I completely agree Bob. I can enjoy a movie that takes some liberties with reality, but can't help but to get visibly frustrated when watching a sci-fi film where they completely ignore fundamental laws of physics. When watching Avatar, I found myself trying to justify or explain away logically the floating mountains and waterfalls, because the rest of the movie was amazing. I think people get far too hung up on the fact that the storyline wasn't completely original, but what do you expect? Not every movie plot is going to be ground-breakingly original. Everything has been done at some point or another.

If you use the bible as your moral compass, chances are you're lost.

When Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" he wasn't saying that people shouldn't be stoned. He was requesting the first pitch.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Yea fantasy is easy to get

Yea fantasy is easy to get away with, I absolutely loved the lotr trilogy (both the books and the movies) and I read so much fantasy and sci-fi when I was young. As you say sci-fi is good and if it's plausible it's even better. Same goes for books and video games for me.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:   Kapkao

robj101 wrote:

 

Kapkao wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

 

The waterfalls on the floating rocks in Avatar  ....  where did the water come from?

The same place it comes from in world of warcraft.

I have no idea what Wolrd of Warcraft is. So, where did the water on these floating rocks come from???

From the Wonderful World of "it's make believe, silly!"

That's about the meat of it.

 

I think they actually ripped that idea from wow, in an area called "Nagrand" there are floating mountains with water pouring out of them..just like in avatar.

image

Who the hell knows... maybe they'll comment on it in a special edition blu ray. Not anytime soon, though. Borrowing an idea like that... teeters pretty damn close to lawsuit material. (even tho Blizz would undoubtedly lose)

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
When I saw the floating

When I saw the floating mountains in Avatar, I had a slight WTF moment, then adjusted my suspension of disbelief level, recalibrated for a slightly different kind of movie from what I had expected, and just sat back and enjoyed the spectacle. I was watching it in a good quality digital 3D theatre.

The fact that I had already encountered a setting like that in another Sci-Fi/Fantasy novel probably had some bearing on how I reacted.

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Well if blizzards next mmo

Well if blizzards next mmo is as big a hit as wow they could become a superpower, lol. They still have millions of subscribers shelling out 15$ a month.

I'm selling my account btw, anyone interested heh.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:As you say

robj101 wrote:

As you say sci-fi is good and if it's plausible it's even better.

 

  I've always considered Blade Runner to be one of my favorite sci fi movies.  The concept of the replicants was pretty cool imho and I thought Roy Batty ( Rutger Hauer ) was pretty frightening.   I loved the scene when Batty deliberately smashed his head through a bathroom wall before telling Dekkard in a matter of fact way " You better get it up or I'm going to have to kill ya !"                

                                                                     

                                                                 

   The rainy roof top scene when Batty decided to spare Dekkard's life was quite emotional to me. Pathos ?

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Neoatheist wrote: I

Neoatheist wrote:

I completely agree Bob. I can enjoy a movie that takes some liberties with reality, but can't help but to get visibly frustrated when watching a sci-fi film where they completely ignore fundamental laws of physics. When watching Avatar, I found myself trying to justify or explain away logically the floating mountains and waterfalls, because the rest of the movie was amazing. I think people get far too hung up on the fact that the storyline wasn't completely original, but what do you expect? Not every movie plot is going to be ground-breakingly original. Everything has been done at some point or another.

 

The Terminator movies come to mind.  Time paradoxes are the stories I grew up on and I knew the ending of the movie was limited to a small set of outcomes.  About 1/3 through it, I knew which one for sure.

I liked the special effects in Avatar.  And I knew some sergeants just like the asshole in the movie. 

I once took an English lit class where they enumerated the different plots lines.  There are seven. 

According to the Internet Public Library, they are:

1. [wo]man vs. nature

2. [wo]man vs. man

3. [wo]man vs. the environment

4. [wo]man vs. machines/technology

5. [wo]man vs. the supernatural

6. [wo]man vs. self

7. [wo]man vs. god/religion

 

But then,

Ronald Tobias, author of "Twenty Basic Plots" believes the following make for good stories: quest, adventure, pursuit, rescue, escape, revenge, riddle, rivalry, underdog, temptation, metamorphosis, transformation, maturation, love, forbidden love, sacrifice, discovery, wretched excess, ascension, and decision.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20070305.html

The interesting kind are where they mix them all up or have really engaging characters.

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


luca
atheist
Posts: 401
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
everybody should be in history

The problem, for me, is: how could you really make a story complex if you have at most some hour? You have to cut something: if you want action you cut details and elaboration, and viceversa. Obviously what you could count on is common knowledge: you could effectively tell a lot of things using rhetoric figures and complex concepts, but the film could get boring. Now I'm not gonna watch a film that lasts 20 dvds, but you could do better that simply 3 hours, or 10.

And I get sore of good looking people in films.

Also I think that Jean is so confused on the bible that he don't know what to believe and he's venting his anger on us.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote: The Terminator

cj wrote:
 

The Terminator movies come to mind.

Speaking of which, anyone know when the next one is supposed to come out? It has been announced that Ahnold, retiring from politics and restarting a foray into acting, has signed on for the fifth one, but by all accounts it sounds like that movie is still trapped in development hell.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:cj wrote: The

Kapkao wrote:

cj wrote:
 

The Terminator movies come to mind.

Speaking of which, anyone know when the next one is supposed to come out? It has been announced that Ahnold, retiring from politics and restarting a foray into acting, has signed on for the fifth one, but by all accounts it sounds like that movie is still trapped in development hell.

    Cool, a geriatric Terminator complete with jowls and eye bags.  That's a different approach.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Kapkao

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

cj wrote:
 

The Terminator movies come to mind.

Speaking of which, anyone know when the next one is supposed to come out? It has been announced that Ahnold, retiring from politics and restarting a foray into acting, has signed on for the fifth one, but by all accounts it sounds like that movie is still trapped in development hell.

    Cool, a geriatric Terminator complete with jowls and eye bags.  That's a different approach.

I figured he would be in some supporting role, maybe not.

Makeup and a biker outfit complete with long sleeves and maybe he could still pull it off.

The original predator is still one of my fav's along with running man. A running man remake ..that could pwn.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
robj101

robj101 wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

    Cool, a geriatric Terminator complete with jowls and eye bags.  That's a different approach.

I figured he would be in some supporting role, maybe not.

Makeup and a biker outfit complete with long sleeves and maybe he could still pull it off.

The original predator is still one of my fav's along with running man. A running man remake ..that could pwn.

well, if they could get stallone ready for a string of successful action comebacks, they can do it for arnold too, i imagine.  but man, arnold looked terrible in the expendables.  they even put him in baggy, ill-fitting clothes, for god's sake!  as for stallone, he looks like he's on one last huge steroid binge before he dies.  he's more ripped now than he ever was.

my favorite was always dolph, hands down.  that guy knows how to make an action movie!

 

 

 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I figured he

robj101 wrote:

 

I figured he would be in some supporting role, maybe not.

Makeup and a biker outfit complete with long sleeves and maybe he could still pull it off.

The original predator is still one of my fav's along with running man. A running man remake ..that could pwn.

   Yeah, I loved the original Predator.  Didn't care for the one with Danny Glover.  The Alien vs Predator with Lance Hendrickson was pretty well written and acted in my opinion.  The next one sucked but the latest Predators with Adrien Brody looked fairly promising.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:my favorite was

iwbiek wrote:

 

my favorite was always dolph, hands down.  that guy knows how to make an action movie!

 

 

 

  Yeah, I've always felt that he was under appreciated in his action roles.  He far surpassed Van Damme, and the squinty eyed Steven Segall in terms of his acting ability.  He's also quite a renaissance man in that despite his physically gifted attributes he is also extremely intelligent and even had a Fulbright scholarship to MIT in chemistry as well as being well versed in a number of different languages.

  He was very good in his cop role in the sci fi movie I Come In Peace

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

robj101 wrote:

 

I figured he would be in some supporting role, maybe not.

Makeup and a biker outfit complete with long sleeves and maybe he could still pull it off.

The original predator is still one of my fav's along with running man. A running man remake ..that could pwn.

   Yeah, I loved the original Predator.  Didn't care for the one with Danny Glover.  The Alien vs Predator with Lance Hendrickson was pretty well written and acted in my opinion.  The next one sucked but the latest Predators with Adrien Brody looked fairly promising.

"Predators" was ok, they tried to give it a feel like the original with some added bs but, meh it was just ok. The characters seemed too standard somehow.

Corny as it is I liked the idea of mixing up predators with "aliens" in the avp movies and the pc game was really good ..till the end.

I mentioned it before but holy carp the first avp game was awesome, playing an alien and actually cliking the mouse to rip out of a guys chest was freakishly cool.

I was most disappointed with that movie arnold was in where people could die and be cloned, that was ok till you realize they have the same memories and all ..ya right. I could almost see them maybe imprinting and then going out and being cloned back with those memories but I can't reason out how they would keep the memories they got after this "imprinting" thing was done. I also can't reason out how they would think it is actually them. If I had a clone and I died I would be fukin dead. Probably a good example of annoying very improbably sci-fi.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I was most

robj101 wrote:

I was most disappointed with that movie arnold was in where people could die and be cloned, that was ok till you realize they have the same memories and all ..ya right. I could almost see them maybe imprinting and then going out and being cloned back with those memories but I can't reason out how they would keep the memories they got after this "imprinting" thing was done. I also can't reason out how they would think it is actually them. If I had a clone and I died I would be fukin dead. Probably a good example of annoying very improbably sci-fi.

You should read 'Hyperion' by Dan Simmons.  I don't want to give away any spoilers, but it is a very well written sci-fi novel (in four rather thick books).  I'm a bit Dan Simmons fan, read all his stuff.  He touches on this cloning as a way to immortality thing, but in greater poetic detail.

Also a very good cross between the Predator and the Alien being in that book... I think it is one of the best Sci-Fi noves out there.

It was also around prior to the whole Predator movie in case some may think it was inspired by it.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


luca
atheist
Posts: 401
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
123456

Quote:
I mentioned it before but holy carp the first avp game was awesome, playing an alien and actually cliking the mouse to rip out of a guys chest was freakishly cool.

It was more psychotic than cool. The characters moved very fast. The predator was insanely fast.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

It appears that the atheists on here all atttened the public school system and thus did not get an education. As a result, ADD or ADHD evidently has formed causing difficulty to focus and talk about and go watch movies. This is all what one would expect.

Then you attack my brother Brian as being a wimp. But I've been trying to point this out for a while and got slack, now atheists point it out and yay, it's a good day.

Look my brother brian, don't sweat it. You keep saying I'm property. You must define your terms. If by property you mean God owns/controlls me, then you and all of us are property, but you are probably just using ad hominmes.

And if you met me, you may like me. I'm a nice guy. If you're a native american, then I may not like you since most native americans are bums and alcoholics.

But again, I need to qualify my thesis. God thinks those who are reprobate as idiots. Who they are, only God knows ultimately, but we can know somewhat on earth here.

My advice, go back to a classical christian college and get an education for once in your life. Then you can understand my arguments and we can actually discuss things.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
The OP was such a vacuous

The OP was such a vacuous piece of ad hominem that it really didn't deserve much discusssion, so once a vaguely related topic caught most people's interest, of course it 'took off'.

An intelligent creator of all that IS is a simple logical fallacy, BUT if there is some sort of super-being responsible for us and the particular sub-set of reality that we inhabit, then all the evidence is that Jean is correct - he is an vicious, jealous prick, who created us for his amusement and to help bolster his sagging ego, who would obviously hate every one of us who refused to suck up to him.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:The OP was

BobSpence1 wrote:

The OP was such a vacuous piece of ad hominem that it really didn't deserve much discusssion, so once a vaguely related topic caught most people's interest, of course it 'took off'.

An intelligent creator of all that IS is a simple logical fallacy, BUT if there is some sort of super-being responsible for us and the particular sub-set of reality that we inhabit, then all the evidence is that Jean is correct - he is an vicious, jealous prick, who created us for his amusement and to help bolster his sagging ego, who would obviously hate every one of us who refused to suck up to him.

So... you do or do not think that Jean serves a meaningful purpose at RRS? I mean he reads like no theist I know of -despite there being plenty theists who have no shortage of harsh invectives to spare for secularism and antitheism and their proponents. The thing I see him doing well at is teaching everyone else to wear a thick skin, and learning to ignore him.

To make an understatement, I'm confused by Sapient's remarks on the subject...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:BobSpence1

Kapkao wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

The OP was such a vacuous piece of ad hominem that it really didn't deserve much discusssion, so once a vaguely related topic caught most people's interest, of course it 'took off'.

An intelligent creator of all that IS is a simple logical fallacy, BUT if there is some sort of super-being responsible for us and the particular sub-set of reality that we inhabit, then all the evidence is that Jean is correct - he is an vicious, jealous prick, who created us for his amusement and to help bolster his sagging ego, who would obviously hate every one of us who refused to suck up to him.

So... you do or do not think that Jean serves a meaningful purpose at RRS? I mean he reads like no theist I know of -despite there being plenty theists who have no shortage of harsh invectives to spare for secularism and antitheism and their proponents. The thing I see him doing well at is teaching everyone else to wear a thick skin, and learning to ignore him.

To make an understatement, I'm confused by Sapient's remarks on the subject...

He's a funny man this jean character.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
Posts: 1367
Joined: 2011-02-06
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Kapkao

robj101 wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

The OP was such a vacuous piece of ad hominem that it really didn't deserve much discusssion, so once a vaguely related topic caught most people's interest, of course it 'took off'.

An intelligent creator of all that IS is a simple logical fallacy, BUT if there is some sort of super-being responsible for us and the particular sub-set of reality that we inhabit, then all the evidence is that Jean is correct - he is an vicious, jealous prick, who created us for his amusement and to help bolster his sagging ego, who would obviously hate every one of us who refused to suck up to him.

So... you do or do not think that Jean serves a meaningful purpose at RRS? I mean he reads like no theist I know of -despite there being plenty theists who have no shortage of harsh invectives to spare for secularism and antitheism and their proponents. The thing I see him doing well at is teaching everyone else to wear a thick skin, and learning to ignore him.

To make an understatement, I'm confused by Sapient's remarks on the subject...

He's a funny man this jean character.

He's a Calvinist playing the part of John Calvin and he does it quite well.  I am impressed.


 

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:robj101

TGBaker wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

The OP was such a vacuous piece of ad hominem that it really didn't deserve much discusssion, so once a vaguely related topic caught most people's interest, of course it 'took off'.

An intelligent creator of all that IS is a simple logical fallacy, BUT if there is some sort of super-being responsible for us and the particular sub-set of reality that we inhabit, then all the evidence is that Jean is correct - he is an vicious, jealous prick, who created us for his amusement and to help bolster his sagging ego, who would obviously hate every one of us who refused to suck up to him.

So... you do or do not think that Jean serves a meaningful purpose at RRS? I mean he reads like no theist I know of -despite there being plenty theists who have no shortage of harsh invectives to spare for secularism and antitheism and their proponents. The thing I see him doing well at is teaching everyone else to wear a thick skin, and learning to ignore him.

To make an understatement, I'm confused by Sapient's remarks on the subject...

He's a funny man this jean character.

He's a Calvinist playing the part of John Calvin and he does it quite well.  I am impressed.


 

 

I agree but mostly with the "playing" part.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


luca
atheist
Posts: 401
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
rule 78 (also rule 666-B)

Quote:
It appears that the atheists on here all atttened the public school system and thus did not get an education.
Quote:
My advice, go back to a classical christian college and get an education for once in your life.
It's not that we didn't have a christian education, it's you that had a *wrong* christian education!
Quote:
n. As a result, ADD or ADHD evidently has formed causing difficulty to focus and talk about and go watch movies.
I pity you fool.

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:In

Jean Chauvin wrote:

In Postmodernism today, many Christians FEEL that if you offend somebody, you're not being spiritual. Or if you are not sensitive you are intolerant. If you call somebodies names (despite if it's true), you're being unspiritual.

But this is nonsense. God looks down on these puny atheists and calls them idiots. According to the Hebrew in some places, God even curses at these pathetic losers.

However, I shall give you some examples. It's to numerous to list them all. I will avoid Psalms 14:1 since that is the most popular one and is somewhat low key compared to the other ones.

So, as evidence, here are some verses that demonstrate that while these filthy low lifes are mocking God, it is actually God, that mocks them:

Quote:
Psalm 2:4 = He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them.

Quote:
Psalm27:13 =  But the Lord laughs at the wicked, for He knows their day is coming

Quote:
Ps 58 But You, O Lord, Laugh at them, You scoff at all the nations.
 

Quote:
Proverb 1:26 =  I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you—

These are only a sliver of examples.God even gets specific with His name calling at times. These fools (atheists) are as stupid (God refers to them as stupid) as they get. Now look atheists, I'm not calling you stupid, idiotic, moronic, freaks, and losers, (parable on my part), God is. So as I reflect the light of Scripture unto the pagan atheists, God tells you that you're an idiot.

I like the last one. When atheists die, or when the wicked parish, I'd rejoice. I'm not sure what happen with the shameful indian's dad on here, but perhaps God rejoiced and mocked you in your pain.

So, my worthless losers of friends on here, next time a Christian says He loves you or cares for you, you tell him that he's giving you bull shit.

Tell him, Jean sent you.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

The Most Consistent Christian You Know!!!

In all actuality, I would not want any of the Christians to give me their versions of "love". Based upon my own experiences with christians and their idea of love, it is like that old saying "With friends like these, who needs enemies ?",. But, I would agree with one thing that you say Jean, most christians are the most inconsistent people that I know.

Respectfully,

Harleysportster

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15723
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,It

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

It appears that the atheists on here all atttened the public school system and thus did not get an education. As a result, ADD or ADHD evidently has formed causing difficulty to focus and talk about and go watch movies. This is all what one would expect.

Then you attack my brother Brian as being a wimp. But I've been trying to point this out for a while and got slack, now atheists point it out and yay, it's a good day.

Look my brother brian, don't sweat it. You keep saying I'm property. You must define your terms. If by property you mean God owns/controlls me, then you and all of us are property, but you are probably just using ad hominmes.

And if you met me, you may like me. I'm a nice guy. If you're a native american, then I may not like you since most native americans are bums and alcoholics.

But again, I need to qualify my thesis. God thinks those who are reprobate as idiots. Who they are, only God knows ultimately, but we can know somewhat on earth here.

My advice, go back to a classical christian college and get an education for once in your life. Then you can understand my arguments and we can actually discuss things.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Hey dumb ass, I graduated from the college that Jerry Falwell failed out of. I find it funny that a peon like me who works minimum wage graduated when he never finished college.

Public/private education has nothing to do with the existence of a god dip shit. There are plenty of Muslims and Jews with PHDs who do not believe in your godsperm theory of reproduction.

Try again Fido.

How does it feel to be property Fido?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Based

harleysportster wrote:

Based upon my own experiences with christians and their idea of love, it is like that old saying "With friends like these, who needs enemies ?"

hello harleysportster,

i find a similar saying to be a bit more apt: "with friends like these, who needs enemas?"

but know that i speak purely out of respect.

iwbiek

(judas priest 4-ever)

 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
seriously though, jean, can

seriously though, jean, can you at least find a picture of luther where he doesn't look like he's about to get shower-raped in joliet?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

First off, and argumentum ad hominem is NOT a logical fallacy bob. A argumentum ad hominem abusive is a logical fallacy. I did not do the latter but the former.

2nd, for Brian to say that he went to the school of Jerry F. is not a big deal. First off, it was not a very good eduction if an education at all. Your place will be hotter then say, a boob spencer.

Look, if Jesus was earth, I doubt he would have a beer with you idiots. That would be a waste of time. But this is because He would have known who the reprobate are from the elect.

But since I don't have that knowledge, bottoms up.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
you know what i haven't had

you know what i haven't had in a while?  big league chew.


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

First off, and argumentum ad hominem is NOT a logical fallacy bob. A argumentum ad hominem abusive is a logical fallacy. I did not do the latter but the former.

2nd, for Brian to say that he went to the school of Jerry F. is not a big deal. First off, it was not a very good eduction if an education at all. Your place will be hotter then say, a boob spencer.

Look, if Jesus was earth, I doubt he would have a beer with you idiots. That would be a waste of time. But this is because He would have known who the reprobate are from the elect.

But since I don't have that knowledge, bottoms up.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Tee hee. You don't have knowledge of who the elect are but you think Jesus wouldn't have a beer with us because you know we are not of the elect and you think we're idiots because we disagree with you.

Damn  - two self contradictions in one post.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi JCG

Hi JCG,

Another example of low intelligence. Jesus would not have a beer with the loser reprobates, since He would know who they are. Since I do not know who they are, since you JCG, may be an elect person, I'd have a beer with you. (LOL).

Who cares.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi JCG,

Another example of low intelligence. Jesus would not have a beer with the loser reprobates, since He would know who they are. Since I do not know who they are, since you JCG, may be an elect person, I'd have a beer with you. (LOL).

Who cares.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Your low intelligence is certainly showing. You claim to not know who the elect are but call us idiots because you know we aren't the elect (mostly because we don't agree with you - does God even enter the picture for you?).

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi JCG

Hi JCG,

I'm speaking in general terms, since I am not God and do not know all. We know to a certain point, but God can grab somebody like a hollywood scum bag producer (99.999999999999% are scum bags) and rescue them from hell.

But I'm not Jesus. So I'd have a beer with a Satanist and I have on multiple occasions. Before you are actually rescued or sealed upon trust in Him alone, you are looked at as foolish idiots. The reprobate more then ever.

So look, if you don't care at all, have no concern, no doubt in  your atheism denomination and so fourth, then most likely you are an idiot via God's perspective. If you do have doubt in your atheist denomination, perhaps you are elect. But I don't know.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: So

Jean Chauvin wrote:

 

So look, if I don't care at all, I have no concern, no doubt in my calvinistic denomination and so fourth, then most likely I am an idiot via God's perspective. If I do have doubt in my calvinistic denomination, perhaps I am an elect. But I don't know.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

fixt

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
Posts: 1367
Joined: 2011-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi JCG,

I'm speaking in general terms, since I am not God and do not know all. We know to a certain point, but God can grab somebody like a hollywood scum bag producer (99.999999999999% are scum bags) and rescue them from hell.

But I'm not Jesus. So I'd have a beer with a Satanist and I have on multiple occasions. Before you are actually rescued or sealed upon trust in Him alone, you are looked at as foolish idiots. The reprobate more then ever.

So look, if you don't care at all, have no concern, no doubt in  your atheism denomination and so fourth, then most likely you are an idiot via God's perspective. If you do have doubt in your atheist denomination, perhaps you are elect. But I don't know.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Atheism is not a denomination any more than not collecting coins is a hobby.


 

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi TG

Hi TG,

Atheism is full of many denominations. Weak, Strong, LaVey, Theological Atheists, etc,

I'm assuming you are a weak atheist. It seems that this generation is very popular with the weak kind of atheism. Why is that? Why is weak atheism so attractive?

Well, at least we agree, Athesim is weak.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
Posts: 1367
Joined: 2011-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi TG,

Atheism is full of many denominations. Weak, Strong, LaVey, Theological Atheists, etc,

I'm assuming you are a weak atheist. It seems that this generation is very popular with the weak kind of atheism. Why is that? Why is weak atheism so attractive?

Well, at least we agree, Athesim is weak.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Again atheism is no more a denomination than not collecting stamps is a hobby.  That is not to say there are not movements of doctrinal atheism. Or for example Buddhism is an atheistic practice and/or religion.  But the term itself simply means there is a god. Theism does not mean believing in a specific deity simply there is not a god. Monotheism means believing there is only one god. You can be theistic and a henotheist or a deist. I doubt that pantheism fall in that favor.  Panentheism may or may not do so.  Atheism is weaker than theism in that it as skeptical is subject to change ( i.e.; show clear and convincing evidence that there is a god and an atheist drops his "a&quotEye-wink A theist posture  is a stronger position because it is non-rational and built upon the presupposition of faith. It is not subject to a skeptical reason. Atheism is subject to truth claims and justified true beliefs. Theism is subject to dogma. Theism is a closed system of meaning that resists correction. Atheism is a position based upon evidence subject to defeat.

 

 

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism