'Don't Say Gay' Bill in Tennessee

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
'Don't Say Gay' Bill in Tennessee

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42722103#42722103

A law to prohibit teachers from discussing gay issues with children in Kindergarten through 8th grade.

I agree.

Children that young should not be discussing sexual issues with their teachers... especially in the bible belt.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote: I don't

Sandycane wrote:

I don't remember anything my 6th grade teacher said - because he was so cute. All the girls had a crush on him.  I also don't recall any sex education class. Maybe I was just more interested in my Barbies.

I actually remember having a thing for my first grade teacher in germany. Very pretty redhead. But I just remember that I liked her and liked to look at her. I didn't know what any of it meant or anything and I doubt it would have been good if I had known, hell I would have hit her up to try some sex if I had known and probably got in more trouble lol.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't know...that looked

I don't know...that looked like a pretty good sex-ed class to me.

Faces on the fish were creepy.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I actually

robj101 wrote:

I actually remember having a thing for my first grade teacher in germany. Very pretty redhead. But I just remember that I liked her and liked to look at her. I didn't know what any of it meant or anything and I doubt it would have been good if I had known, hell I would have hit her up to try some sex if I had known and probably got in more trouble lol.

Exactly. All I knew was that I 'liked' him differently than any other man or boy I knew. Had no clue what that meant, though.

Just like the time, I think it was the year before, I was sitting on a swing in the school playground by myself during summer break and some young man started talking to me. I don't remember the conversation if you could even call it that - I suppose I thought of him as a 'grown-up'.

Apparently he followed me home. I was just coming down the stairs when I saw my mother talking to him at the front door and heard her say, 'You can't marry her - she's only 12!'

He looked like he might have been an Italian immigrant and was a member of the highway department crew.

I guess where he came from 12 year olds were just right.

I don't know what my mother thought about it because she didn't talk to me about it (many things we didn't talk about, sex being one of them) but, I guess it got me thinking about what there might be about me that could possibly interest an 'older man'. I started to look at boys differently after that... but, still had no idea what sex was.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:robj101

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Exactly. All I knew was that I 'liked' him differently than any other man or boy I knew. Had no clue what that meant, though.

Just like the time, I think it was the year before, I was sitting on a swing in the school playground by myself during summer break and some young man started talking to me. I don't remember the conversation if you could even call it that - I suppose I thought of him as a 'grown-up'.

Apparently he followed me home. I was just coming down the stairs when I saw my mother talking to him at the front door and heard her say, 'You can't marry her - she's only 12!'

He looked like he might have been an Italian immigrant and was a member of the highway department crew.

I guess where he came from 12 year olds were just right.

I don't know what my mother thought about it because she didn't talk to me about it (many things we didn't talk about, sex being one of them) but, I guess it got me thinking about what there might be about me that could possibly interest an 'older man'. I started to look at boys differently after that... but, still had no idea what sex was.

I think the closest experience I had to that was when I was around 10 an old man with a beard tried to grab me and drag me into his station wagon after asking me "do you like sex?" I had been walking picking up cans to sell to buy a skateboard and I happen to have had a stick with a nail in the end to pick up cans. I noticed he had his balls out and was playing with himself before I smacked him a couple of times with my can stick and ran home to tell my dad. Dad drove me back over to that grocery store parking lot to find and "have a chat"  with this man. Never found him though.

But that's not really all that close to your story at least the guy you are talking about was more civil, lol.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I think the

robj101 wrote:

I think the closest experience I had to that was when I was around 10 an old man with a beard tried to grab me and drag me into his station wagon after asking me "do you like sex?" I had been walking picking up cans to sell to buy a skateboard and I happen to have had a stick with a nail in the end to pick up cans. I noticed he had his balls out and was playing with himself before I smacked him a couple of times with my can stick and ran home to tell my dad. Dad drove me back over to that grocery store parking lot to find and "have a chat"  with this man. Never found him though.

But that's not really all that close to your story at least the guy you are talking about was more civil, lol.

OMG that's terrible! Good thing you had that stick with you and knew how to use it!

You reminded me though of another incident...

My mother and I were at Radio City Music Hall for a show. The show hadn't started yet and the lights were still up, she was sitting on one side of me and a man in a trench coat on the other. All of a sudden my mother grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out of the theater. I had no idea at the time what the problem was but, now I know.

I must have been one hot 12 year old.

Seriously though, my mother always dressed me in 'proper' attire, nothing revealing and no make up. Not like the 12 year old girls today.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

OMG that's terrible! Good thing you had that stick with you and knew how to use it!

You reminded me though of another incident...

My mother and I were at Radio City Music Hall for a show. The show hadn't started yet and the lights were still up, she was sitting on one side of me and a man in a trench coat on the other. All of a sudden my mother grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out of the theater. I had no idea at the time what the problem was but, now I know.

I must have been one hot 12 year old.

Seriously though, my mother always dressed me in 'proper' attire, nothing revealing and no make up. Not like the 12 year old girls today.

Yea they actually want the 12 year old girls to wear makeup and allow or sometimes even buy slinky "sexy" clothes for them. It's really hard to tell how old some of them are nowdays.

I actually had sex for the first time at 14. A girl who had "problems" (I'm not sure to this day exactly what she had) forced herself on me. She had a skating accident when she was younger and had epileptic fits. She would also go crazy and throw things. She was 16 I was 14 and she, well now that I think about it I suppose it was rape. She had a knife and made me take off my clothes and she did likewise and we had sex, or she did I really didn't know much. I didn't report this to anyone but a few friends and strangely enough gained respect with them for having had sex. She later died at the age of 19.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Yea they

robj101 wrote:

Yea they actually want the 12 year old girls to wear makeup and allow or sometimes even buy slinky "sexy" clothes for them. It's really hard to tell how old some of them are nowdays.

Yeah, it's a sick world. That little girl, Jean Bennet Ramsey? Should have been a wake-up call to parents.

Quote:
I actually had sex for the first time at 14. A girl who had "problems" (I'm not sure to this day exactly what she had) forced herself on me. She had a skating accident when she was younger and had epileptic fits. She would also go crazy and throw things. She was 16 I was 14 and she, well now that I think about it I suppose it was rape. She had a knife and made me take off my clothes and she did likewise and we had sex, or she did I really didn't know much. I didn't report this to anyone but a few friends and strangely enough gained respect with them for having had sex. She later died at the age of 19.

OMG, OMG! Too bad she didn't die sooner and save you from the trauma.

I've been raped, too (more than once). I wasn't a child though. Don't care to go into it though.

(I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can mow the lawn and work on my tan at the same time &nbspEye-wink

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I'm somewhat shocked here Sandy. You are taking the conservative Christian position on this. Were your parents Chrisitans and this is just Chritsian hangovers?

Look, if atheism was true (and oy vey, it isn't), then all of this would be mere opinions. To each their own. lol.

Sandy, I'm afraid you have one foot over on the atheist side of corrosion, and one foot one the side of truth, justice, beauty, and knowledge which is the Christian side.

A consistent atheist would have no standards. They not only would encourage this garbage and filth to be taught as earliy as possible, but an atheist of consistency would condone molestation and rape and all sorts of ungodly sick things.

Now of course, you're not going to admit this, because youre inconsistent. That's fine, that's not the point of this post. However, it's nice having an inconsistent atheist over on my side every so often. Sandy, I kept the seat warm for you.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Sandy,

I'm somewhat shocked here Sandy. You are taking the conservative Christian position on this. Were your parents Chrisitans and this is just Chritsian hangovers?

Look, if atheism was true (and oy vey, it isn't), then all of this would be mere opinions. To each their own. lol.

Sandy, I'm afraid you have one foot over on the atheist side of corrosion, and one foot one the side of truth, justice, beauty, and knowledge which is the Christian side.

A consistent atheist would have no standards. They not only would encourage this garbage and filth to be taught as earliy as possible, but an atheist of consistency would condone molestation and rape and all sorts of ungodly sick things.

Now of course, you're not going to admit this, because youre inconsistent. That's fine, that's not the point of this post. However, it's nice having an inconsistent atheist over on my side every so often. Sandy, I kept the seat warm for you.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Well, well. I've been wondering where you've been - and here you are!

Could it be that you have a wrong definition of what an atheist is?

Could it be that you are stereotyping all atheists to be what you want them to be?

I'm not the standard issue atheist. Surely you've seen that proven by all the flack I receive from some of the other atheists here?

I have successfully discarded the god delusion... I suppose it takes time to be rid of all the other mental programing that goes along with religion.

However, at the current time, yes, I am a bit more conservative than the others here... especially when it comes to sex.

Maybe you can now see how it is entirely possible to be a decent moral person and still not believe in a god figure? You should follow my example and give it a try.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, how do you feel about

So, how do you feel about the topic at hand? I really would like to know.

Are you for sex-ed in school but, only for heterosexuals or, do you oppose all sex-ed in schools?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Yeah, it's a sick world. That little girl, Jean Bennet Ramsey? Should have been a wake-up call to parents.

Quote:

OMG, OMG! Too bad she didn't die sooner and save you from the trauma.

I've been raped, too (more than once). I wasn't a child though. Don't care to go into it though.

(I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can mow the lawn and work on my tan at the same time &nbspEye-wink

I didn't feel traumatized after the fact it "seemed" like a good thing. I'm not really sure what it was, just an experience I guess. I actually felt sorry for her later and sorry she had to die so young.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: A

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Based on .. ?

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Look, you're trying to be honest. I appreciate it that. This is rare among atheists (honesty). However, the means for you to be conservative is not because you're an atheist, but despite it.

Something in your life is dictating your conservative values. Either Christian parents, or religions uncle bob, or something. Perhaps your granny influenced you, I don't know. These are what we call presuppositions that we all have.

And you have conservative christian presuppositions. So no, an atheist cannot have morals and be descent consistently speaking. However, an inconsistent atheist (YOU) with christian presuppositions that she picked up somewhere along the way is the issue here.

Sandy, who knows, maybe you are an elect person and don't know it yet.

Regarding what I think on the issue, is a little more complex then just this one issue. I studied the philosophy of education for many years intensely in preparation for my daughter. But regarding this single issue, the parents ought to 100% do the entire education on this issue when they deem fit in the physical and mental development of the child.

Sand, you are not a conservative because you're an atheist. Thus your inconsistency makes me happy.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Sandy

Hey Sandy,

The philosophy of Christian education is a high interest for me. Especially in comparison to the atheistic form of deEducation of the public school.

The goal of education is truth, and the aim is intellectual understanding. This is impossible via our public atheist schools. Also etymolgoically speaking education comes from deduction, which is a far cry from today.

For example, atheistic public schools teach their young kids how to read via whole language. This means that they use a type of method where they imploy phonetics WITH look say method. So while the child learns the 26 letters and 44 sounds, via method, they are fragmented and taught that some words "you just know" via pictures. For example, the word "WHAT" is just a picture word you know.

This stems back to the famous consistent atheist pavlov and his dogs.

Anyway, this type of methodology confuses the child, and studies have shown that fragmented methods like these broght on by atheists and liberals, causes ADD and ADHD.

Coded language, the Christian method of teaching reading focuses on intensive systematic phoneics with morphology or word ending. This way, the child is consistent with the method and actually learns to be a very good reader.

Atheists have taken ALL EVERY subject of education, and completely twisted the hell out of it to the sense where it is completely fragmented. They've done this to all subject, including math.

This is why America is so low in education compared to the world. And this a major example how the sicko consistent liberals and destroyed america from the inside to dumb it down for a transnational global government. An attack from the inside of America.

More could be said. But sex education at school in Kindergarden via condoms and bananas, is just in line with atheistic methodology of the destruction of education and family (consistent atheists).

So while you are conservative, you are also affiliated with these sickos (probably ignorantly on your part) who are not only physically hurting our kids, but destroying out country.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Sandy,

Look, you're trying to be honest. I appreciate it that. This is rare among atheists (honesty). However, the means for you to be conservative is not because you're an atheist, but despite it.

Something in your life is dictating your conservative values. Either Christian parents, or religions uncle bob, or something. Perhaps your granny influenced you, I don't know. These are what we call presuppositions that we all have.

And you have conservative christian presuppositions. So no, an atheist cannot have morals and be descent consistently speaking. However, an inconsistent atheist (YOU) with christian presuppositions that she picked up somewhere along the way is the issue here.

Sandy, who knows, maybe you are an elect person and don't know it yet.

Regarding what I think on the issue, is a little more complex then just this one issue. I studied the philosophy of education for many years intensely in preparation for my daughter. But regarding this single issue, the parents ought to 100% do the entire education on this issue when they deem fit in the physical and mental development of the child.

Sand, you are not a conservative because you're an atheist. Thus your inconsistency makes me happy.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I see your point and agree, No I am not conservative because I am an atheist. I am basically the same person now that I was during my christian days, and the same person I was even before that time. The only thing that has really changed about me is the fact that I realized that religion is based on a non-provable, therefore, imo, non-existent being.

When I was a christian, I bought into all the hocus pocus and truly believed it. I've since found that nothing at all in the world changes when you don't believe it - nothing. It's all a mind game that people by into for one reason or another. None of these reasons makes it true.

I used to enjoy debating for Christianity, then I enjoyed debating against it. Now, I really see no point in wasting my time discussing something that I believe does not exist in reality.... unless that discussion involves an issue that directly affects my life or others in a negative or, harmful way. Like this issue.

The reason for this Bill has to do with one thing only and that is the christian fundamentalists want to keep homosexuality - in any and all forms - out of their schools. I suppose since they are the majority around here, it is their right to do so but, that does not make it right on a human rights level, not at all.

Glad at least I've made someone happy today.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Sandy

HI Sandy,

You honesty I have to admit is really refreshing. And I knew your presuppositions stemed somewhere in Christianity. But logically speaking, Christinaity isn't something you try out, like a pair of shoes. If one leaves the faith, they were never of the faith (I John 2:19).

Regarding Proof. This is a very ambiguous topic 99% of the time. Proof goes undefined. According to Black's Dictionary of Law, Proof is simply a means of persuasion as listed under evidence.

Since Christianity is against the secular means of knowledge (empriicism, Rationalism (capital R), and Intuitiveness), then logically the secular proofs in those categories of knowing are not going to work. They neither proof or disproof since they lack knowing.

Proof via Christianity is not a substantial proof, but a proof of demonstration. So your approach as a man made approach of course would have given you disappointment no matter what side you are on.

Regarding when you were a Christian and bought into the hocus pocus. I understand what you are saying. Virtually all or most Chrisitans today are Christians via an emotional reaction, just like atheism. They are part of the liberal public school systsem and their thinking is very poor. They say things like blind faith that are attack on Christianity, which they accept as Chrisianity. We live in absurd times. So yes, you were probably the one of the many of these types of "professing Christians."

Do you have kids? Well, why does atheism cause so much harm and fragmentation? Objectively speaking, I'm not talking about God's Being here per sa. Atheism's history has caused much harm. ADD and ADHD, along with other types of disorders and diseases both mentally and physically. If I was an atheist, and If I was honest, I would look around at the death and disorder that atheism had brought (John Cage, Polluck, Pavlov, Duchamp), and wish there was a God. But that never happens because of our evil nature.

Everything and anything to go against Christian education. values and goodness is the goal of these consistent atheists. They know they can't do it all at once, so they do it slowly, one thing at a time. This topic would have never been an issue in 1975, and what's next? In the year 2050 I'm sure there will be an athestic bill promoting pedophiles.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: In the

Jean Chauvin wrote:

In the year 2050 I'm sure there will be an athestic bill promoting pedophiles.

I imagine such a thing as early as 2020 when the catholic church finally fesses up propogating pedophilia and says indeed god put the little children here for us to "enjoy".

I think mine is more realistic.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:Children

Sandycane wrote:

Children that young should not be discussing sexual issues with their teachers... especially in the bible belt.

I know, far better to learn from other 12 year olds and the internet.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:HI

Jean Chauvin wrote:

HI Sandy,

You honesty I have to admit is really refreshing. And I knew your presuppositions stemed somewhere in Christianity. But logically speaking, Christinaity isn't something you try out, like a pair of shoes. If one leaves the faith, they were never of the faith (I John 2:19).

I've heard this before and it's BS... an excuse christians use against those of us who wake up and smell the stink of religious BS.

Quote:
Regarding Proof. This is a very ambiguous topic 99% of the time. Proof goes undefined. According to Black's Dictionary of Law, Proof is simply a means of persuasion as listed under evidence.

Since Christianity is against the secular means of knowledge (empriicism, Rationalism (capital R), and Intuitiveness), then logically the secular proofs in those categories of knowing are not going to work. They neither proof or disproof since they lack knowing.

Proof via Christianity is not a substantial proof, but a proof of demonstration. So your approach as a man made approach of course would have given you disappointment no matter what side you are on.

Regarding when you were a Christian and bought into the hocus pocus. I understand what you are saying. Virtually all or most Chrisitans today are Christians via an emotional reaction, just like atheism. They are part of the liberal public school systsem and their thinking is very poor. They say things like blind faith that are attack on Christianity, which they accept as Chrisianity. We live in absurd times. So yes, you were probably the one of the many of these types of "professing Christians."

More of the same. I'm really not interested in a discussion of christianity as it may or may not apply to me. Religion, god, the bible, etc... are things I never give a thought to any more. Waste of my time to do so.

Quote:
Do you have kids? Well, why does atheism cause so much harm and fragmentation? Objectively speaking, I'm not talking about God's Being here per sa. Atheism's history has caused much harm. ADD and ADHD, along with other types of disorders and diseases both mentally and physically. If I was an atheist, and If I was honest, I would look around at the death and disorder that atheism had brought (John Cage, Polluck, Pavlov, Duchamp), and wish there was a God. But that never happens because of our evil nature.
Maybe you're right, maybe not. I'll leave it to one of the better debaters here to discect your statements.

Quote:
Everything and anything to go against Christian education. values and goodness is the goal of these consistent atheists. They know they can't do it all at once, so they do it slowly, one thing at a time. This topic would have never been an issue in 1975, and what's next? In the year 2050 I'm sure there will be an athestic bill promoting pedophiles.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Well, not in Tennessee anyway.  

Christian 'morals' are alive and well here and the proof is in the stamping out of those who should not be mentioned - homosexuals. By 2050, they may even gather them into camps and gas them.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Sandycane

EXC wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

You let your kids roam free on the internet?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ah poor Jean. He thinks it's

Ah poor Jean. He thinks it's the atheists who are pedophiles. Hate to break it to you man, but every single case of pedophilia I've EVER heard of was the sole domain of the christian religion. I'm sure there are a few others, but christianity certainly holds the market share on sexual abuse of minors. Whether that's better than abusing a child mentally to become a suicide bomber or not I leave to the reader to decide.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:EXC

robj101 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Shall we go back to the good old days?  My father-in-law always said he learned about sex in the back seat of a car.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:robj101 wrote:EXC

cj wrote:

robj101 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Shall we go back to the good old days?  My father-in-law always said he learned about sex in the back seat of a car.

They don't make cars big enough anymore. Ever try to get it on in a Nissan? Yeah, more work than it is worth. Although a suburban works, or the bed of a pickup if you can find a girl who is redneck enough. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: They

Beyond Saving wrote:

They don't make cars big enough anymore. Ever try to get it on in a Nissan? Yeah, more work than it is worth. Although a suburban works, or the bed of a pickup if you can find a girl who is redneck enough. 

'69 Chevelle is nice, Buick Electra is better.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, that's the one.

Yeah, that's the one.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:robj101 wrote:EXC

cj wrote:

robj101 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Shall we go back to the good old days?  My father-in-law always said he learned about sex in the back seat of a car.

At 12? Was it someone elses car?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:cj

robj101 wrote:

cj wrote:

robj101 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

I don't know how old he was - didn't say.  He grew up in Reno, NV and used to hang out at the brothels - the policeman working a second job as security wouldn't let the younger boys go in the cribs. 

It was his own car, a Model A.  Not at all improbable as his dad owned a garage.

Something similar to this --

You want impossible?  One of my boyfriends owned one of these.  I can certify that sex in this car is impossible.

Another boyfriend owned one of these - it may look like a dud but the front  bench seat folds down into a bed.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: You

Jean Chauvin wrote:
You honesty I have to admit is really refreshing.

Too bad you can't reciprocate.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
But logically speaking, Christinaity isn't something you try out

Ummm, it's an ideology. People abandon and adopt different ideologies all the time.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
If one leaves the faith, they were never of the faith

Non sequitur.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Regarding Proof. This is a very ambiguous topic 99% of the time.

No.

If an amputee prayed for their limb to grow back, and it were to grow back, you people would claim that was absolute proof that there was a god.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Since Christianity is against the secular means of knowledge (empriicism, Rationalism (capital R), and Intuitiveness)

That's a complete lie.

The Cosmological argument for the existence of god relies on all 3, and is abused by theists constantly.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
  Virtually all or most Chrisitans today are Christians via an emotional reaction

That's normal, considering it's an appeal to emotions.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
  Atheism's history has caused much harm.

The genetic fallacy, and double standard.

Being an atheist is not synonymous with being 'hateful', or 'homicidal', or 'genocidal'. Those are the purview of religions, and prevalent throughout their texts.

You people are such hypocrites.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:robj101 wrote:cj

cj wrote:

robj101 wrote:

cj wrote:

robj101 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

I don't know how old he was - didn't say.  He grew up in Reno, NV and used to hang out at the brothels - the policeman working a second job as security wouldn't let the younger boys go in the cribs. 

It was his own car, a Model A.  Not at all improbable as his dad owned a garage.

Something similar to this --

You want impossible?  One of my boyfriends owned one of these.  I can certify that sex in this car is impossible.

Another boyfriend owned one of these - it may look like a dud but the front  bench seat folds down into a bed.

Were you one of those girls? I dated one who much like the song really did love my car more than me. A black 72' charger.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Jean Chauvin

redneF wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:
You honesty I have to admit is really refreshing.

Too bad you can't reciprocate.

You people are such hypocrites.

Thanks. I was hoping someone would pick him apart.... and you're so good at it.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Were you one

robj101 wrote:

Were you one of those girls? I dated one who much like the song really did love my car more than me. A black 72' charger.

Maybe.  Depended on the guy -- and the car.

You gotta admit, you would have to be one cool dude to be cooler than a '72 charger.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:robj101 wrote:Were

cj wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Maybe.  Depended on the guy -- and the car.

You gotta admit, you would have to be one cool dude to be cooler than a '72 charger.

You're probably right ><

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
HI

Hi,

This is funny. lol. Rednef as an untrained  sore loser (I killed him in 2 debates so he's still in his temper tantrums in his responses to me), then he uses logic incorrectly and one says good job? I guess that's what atheists do, the blind leading the blind.

Also, Roman Catholicism is not Christian, it's atheistic. since they worship a false god, they do not believe in the true God via fiducia, thus making them atheist. Thus if it is the Roman Pagans that are molesters in 2020, it would be via atheism.

Fun Stuff. Though cool cars. I am a car guy. 1963 Corvette with the double paned window in the back was my car. Alone with the 71 Must.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:This is

Jean Chauvin wrote:

This is funny. lol. Rednef as an untrained  sore loser (I killed him in 2 debates so he's still in his temper tantrums in his responses to me), then he uses logic incorrectly

Ya, uh huh.

It's your fantasy, so I suppose you can make it anything your little heart desires.

But that doesn't change the facts.

The fact is, you were completely out of your league, and didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell in any intellectual debate, because your 'arguments', are intellectually bankrupt, and disturbingly delusional.

You pussied out of both of our debates, since you could not gain any footing whatsoever.

Feel free anytime, to try again.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/29116

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/29142

None of you clowns have anything remotely intelligent to 'argue', or you'd all be winning Nobel Prizes for your 'Intellectual Ideas', or 'Innovations In Thinking', so STFU already about being brainiacs.

The only reason 'religion' still sells, is there is a sucker born every minute.

The problem is, education is on the rise, and the proliferation of information, ideas, and cross examination of ideologies, is also evolving, and on the rise.

You people, and your ideologies, are fucking doomed.

Your 'dogmas' are being fragmented, and eroded, by your own 'kind'.

Anyone with half a brain understands that any monotheist is just 1 god away from graduating to become a complete atheist.

The hundreds of millions of monotheists who cannot completely reconcile all the dogmas of the scriptures they adopt, is a 'precarious' theist.

If clowns like you were to really push for strict adherence to scriptures, you'd find out real quick just how 'in the minority' you fucking sadistic psychototic sycophants really are.

Your articulation of ideas amounts to parroting and quoting others.

Put simply, you don't 'think' for yourself, at all, which is part and parcel of being a theist. You're not capable of thinking your own thoughts.

I love this gem of yours...

Jean Chauvin wrote:

The Encyclopedia of philsophy (8 volumes) under science list the various views of science throughout the centuries and credits Christianity as the founder of science in the first place. If it wasn't for Christians there would be no science.

Your fucking logic, burns with stoopid...

The scientific methodology was invented by skeptics. People who did not want their understanding of the world to turn out to be inconsistent and incompatible with reality, as was commonplace with religion, and 'philosophers'.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
I am a car guy. 1963 Corvette with the double paned window in the back was my car.

I fucking doubt it.

Everyone who's a 'car guy' knows that the '63 was the first of the second generation Vette's that were badged as 'Sting Ray' (after the '57 Sting Ray concept car) and that the rear window was called a "Spilt window", not the 'double paned window in the back' Corvette. 

And also knows that they didn't get that car right, till the '67 model year.

'57 Sting Ray SS Concept Car

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote: holy

Sandycane wrote:

holy jesus, i just had an orgasm.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
 actually, i'm a deuce

actually, i'm a deuce man.  give me the ninth generation fleetwood brougham.

76fwb.JPG

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: Also,

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Also, Roman Catholicism is not Christian, it's atheistic. since they worship a false god, they do not believe in the true God via fiducia, thus making them atheist. Thus if it is the Roman Pagans that are molesters in 2020, it would be via atheism.

You really are a poe, oh well.

Most ridiculous thing I have heard, because someone worships a different god or a god that is not quite like your's is not "atheistic". There is no middle ground or "like" "similair" or anything else between believing in a god and not believing in a god.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Sandycane

iwbiek wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

holy jesus, i just had an orgasm.

I had one of these too. Talking about high school cars I suppose?

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I had one of

robj101 wrote:

No. Actually the car thing started about cars that we've had have sex in.

Made me think of the article posted about the Mum having a sex discussion with her daughter,,, 'What do they do with their legs?' asked the daughter. 'They just figure it out.' replied the Mum.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

No. Actually the car thing started about cars that we've had have sex in.

Made me think of the article posted about the Mum having a sex discussion with her daughter,,, 'What do they do with their legs?' asked the daughter. 'They just figure it out.' replied the Mum.

Oh, well the bike got me more places than any of the cars I had =)

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: Oh, well the

robj101 wrote:

Honda Magna ?   I had Yamaha's but I only rode dirt at the time.

Sorry, no sexual tales to relate as I was an extremely shy 19 year old, unmarried and was abiding by my strict Christian morality.  It was mostly me, my dirt bike and two large blue balls that I kept stuffed inside my Malcolm Smith nylon "leathers".

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Honda Magna ?   I had Yamaha's but I only rode dirt at the time.

Sorry, no sexual tales to relate as I was an extremely shy 19 year old, unmarried and was abiding by my strict Christian morality.  It was mostly me, my dirt bike and two large blue balls that I kept stuffed inside my Malcolm Smith nylon "leathers".

Thats funny, 19 is about where I figure I really started to get shy. I went from being the class clown and hanging out with the bad asses to near hermit status.

There are different degrees of "christian morality" and I only know a couple who actually try to follow it but they all slip and end up just doing what they want in the end.

Yea that was a magna, I was never beat in a race on that bike, I paid 200$ for it (got it off a guy who had a car wreck and was crippled he had it in storage for 8 years) and a couple years later I sold it for 1500$. Regretted selling it the very next day and I would kinda like to have it now ><

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:  There are

robj101 wrote:

There are different degrees of "christian morality" and I only know a couple who actually try to follow it but they all slip and end up just doing what they want in the end.

I actually maintained a fairly strict adherence to my Christian ethics as I perceived them.  I even tried to resist wanking off or looking at females with "lust" in my heart.  I had a few girl friends but they were as sexually naive as I was at the time.  I didn't even lose my virginity until I was 24.

robj1 wrote:
Yea that was a magna, I was never beat in a race on that bike, I paid 200$ for it (got it off a guy who had a car wreck and was crippled he had it in storage for 8 years) and a couple years later I sold it for 1500$. Regretted selling it the very next day and I would kinda like to have it now ><

I think the Magna was Honda's answer to Yamaha's V Max.  Bikes that were built more for straight line acceleration and quickness and not so much for going through corners ( unless you liked lots of sparks and the sound of metal scraping on asphalt )

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I had one of

robj101 wrote:

i've never owned a motorbike myself, but if i could choose any, give me the old indian scout.

1942 Indian Scout 500cc v twin 2.jpg

and don't let any company bullshit you: the hasn't been a real indian made since 1953.

fuck harleys.  that's the year the motorcycle died.  1953.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:robj101 wrote:I

iwbiek wrote:

robj101 wrote:

i've never owned a motorbike myself, but if i could choose any, give me the old indian scout.

1942 Indian Scout 500cc v twin 2.jpg

and don't let any company bullshit you: the hasn't been a real indian made since 1953.

fuck harleys.  that's the year the motorcycle died.  1953.

Some people are ultra devoted to a single brand.  My dad was strictly a BMW guy.  He usually owned a couple at any given time.  Me, I can go for anything with two wheels.   Some bikes are plush, others are primitive. Some are slow and others frighteningly powerful.   I like them all. ( I could go for anything from a Ducati Desmosedicci RR to a custom built bobber with ape hangers and a pan head engine. I'm pretty easy. )  I still like dirt bikes, too. 

PS, my friend has a 1968 Iron Head Sportster that is pretty hard on the body for extended rides but it's still a lot of fun, but it vibrates like hell.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Hell, lets start teaching them at 5 about how to have sexual intercourse and the pleasure they can get from it, by the time they actually hit puberty they can be pro. They could have an orgy class where they all just get together and fuck, like recess ought to be! Fuck fuck fuckety fuck fuck!

It's a Brave New World we are living in. I don't care for it myself.

I'm trying to follow this conversation but you guys are jumping around and its hard to keep up with.

How did it get into talking about parents on welfare?
Who is talking about teaching kids to masturbate?

Those things seem to be WAY off topic to me.

Saying that we don't trust the overall worthiness of education and the teachers in the system is fair enough. Prohibiting teachers from covering topics deeply relevant to human existence seems short sighted at the very least.

Should they teach it what a homosexual is if it is somehow relevant to their studies or what the children are dealing with? I imagine that would be appropriate.
Should it be illegal to do so even in courses where related topics are specifically part of the curriculum? Obviously not - even stupid law makers in Tennessee should be able to figure that out.

On Brave New World, I thought their approach to sex was much more reasonable than the standard US approach to sex. My personal opinion. Their society was designed around the species - ours is designed around... I don't even know... the bible?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Sandycane

marcusfish wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Hell, lets start teaching them at 5 about how to have sexual intercourse and the pleasure they can get from it, by the time they actually hit puberty they can be pro. They could have an orgy class where they all just get together and fuck, like recess ought to be! Fuck fuck fuckety fuck fuck!

It's a Brave New World we are living in. I don't care for it myself.

I'm trying to follow this conversation but you guys are jumping around and its hard to keep up with.

Saying that we don't trust the overall worthiness of education and the teachers in the system is fair enough. Prohibiting teachers from covering topics deeply relevant to human existence seems short sighted at the very least.

Should they teach it what a homosexual is if it is somehow relevant to their studies or what the children are dealing with? I imagine that would be appropriate.
Should it be illegal to do so even in courses where related topics are specifically part of the curriculum? Obviously not - even stupid law makers in Tennessee should be able to figure that out.

On Brave New World, I thought their approach to sex was much more reasonable than the standard US approach to sex. My personal opinion. Their society was designed around the species - ours is designed around... I don't even know... the bible?

If Im in the thread it's way off topic, count on it. ><

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: Some

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Some people are ultra devoted to a single brand. 

ah, i'm just bein' pissy.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

my friend has a 1968 Iron Head Sportster that is pretty hard on the body for extended rides but it's still a lot of fun, but it vibrates like hell.

yeah, those are pretty fuckin' cool.  i'd go for a bobber myself.  frankly, i never did get choppers.  the whole idea behind them was basically, "oh, i'm so fuckin' hardcore, i'll ride with no comfort or safety at all."  of course, when all you do is ride between frisco and bakersfield, i guess it doesn't make much difference. 

still, i don't care for ape-hangers.  just my thing.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:I'm trying

marcusfish wrote:

Not really... one thing just naturally led to another... and here we are talking about motorcycles.

Quote:
Well, that came about after someone said that parents aren't fulfilling their duties as parents.
Quote:
and that came after someone asked if kids were being taught too much about sex by their teachers.

Quote:
But, motorcycles and muscle cars don't?

Quote:
... and I think a similar statement is what brought up teaching masturbation - some things just shouldn't be included in the curriculum.

Quote:
Nope. They've figured it out alright... they don't want homosexuality a part of their school system. Period.

Quote:

Mass sterilization and ovary harvesting sounds reasonable to you? Their society was built around technology. Just like ours is now.

Teena 1636 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
heres the problem

Well the problem is this would Avoid all communication wuthin the schools.  If a child suffering with his/her sexual identity wanted to talk to a guidance counselor he/she couldn't. This bill asks for all school personal to be banned from discussing it unti;l 9th grade. The children will suffer.