Been a while... only to leave soon

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Been a while... only to leave soon

Not sure who has still been around since I left... back in '08, I think.

What happened to a lot of them, if anyone knows? DeludedGod, Todangst, I AM GOD AS U (or whatever his name was), BGH, Rook, HambyDammit, ... some big names that used to tread these forums often. And Paisley, lol what happened to Paisley?

Those are just some names I barely remember; looks like plenty other big contributors have left since then too.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Paisley

was around in the past 12 months with a completely new epistemology none of us had ever heard before and lo, there were many converts to the faith, including those guys you mentioned and many others. Losing so many of the founding members to christianity after so long was a sore blow but we've been trying to make up for their loss by taking the piss out of Fonzie.  

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Actually, ctress

Some of the guys are in and out - Hamby is busy but drops by, Tod makes flying appearances, Paisley has morphed into Mr Metaphysics. 

Sadly, I think I Am God As You may no longer be with us. Sapient and long-termers may have more info on this. 

Welcome back, BTW. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Anymouse (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Big names gone, alas.

I only just arrived. Anymouse is a big name (nine letters). Some of those who helped found this forum would be welcome reading to me. I don't claim atheism as my compass, nor do I find myself likely to be able to add much to the forum in constructive discussion, but I enjoy reading the "passage of arms" that atheism seems to provoke in those who seem so insecure in their own beliefs that they must try to tear down what others believe.

I am not intersted in tearing down anything, just reading the thoughtful (and not-so-thoughtful) posts.

James.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 I've been here since day

I've been here since day one.  wOOt!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Atheistextremist wrote: was

Atheistextremist wrote:

was around in the past 12 months with a completely new epistemology none of us had ever heard before and lo, there were many converts to the faith, including those guys you mentioned and many others. Losing so many of the founding members to christianity after so long was a sore blow but we've been trying to make up for their loss by taking the piss out of Fonzie.  

Who did we "lose" to Christianity? I don't remember anyone here converting, but then again it is impossible to read every single post on such a long running board.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Sapient wrote: I've been

Sapient wrote:

I've been here since day one.  wOOt!

Yea that's fine but quit calling me "Bri" "Bri" You Eagles fan you!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yah, some changes have

Yah, some changes have happened. 'I Am God as You” and “Hey Zeus Crease Toe” have both shuffled of the mortal coil. Matt Shizzle finally got his ass banned. We now have a photograph of “David Mabus” aka a twat from Toronto named Dennis Markuze. “Captain Pineapple” discovered booze and drunk dials us on alternate Fridays.

Deluded God has not been around in forever but before he left, he made some long posts that were really good.

Brian37 wrote:
Who did we "lose" to Christianity? I don't remember anyone here converting, but then again it is impossible to read every single post on such a long running board.

Wel, I don't know if this qualifies as a loss but Luminon did admit that he is waiting for some dude to show up who is going to do all the cool stuff and all that.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Yah, some changes have happened. 'I Am God as You” and “Hey Zeus Crease Toe” have both shuffled of the mortal coil. Matt Shizzle finally got his ass banned. We now have a photograph of “David Mabus” aka a twat from Toronto named Dennis Markuze. “Captain Pineapple” discovered booze and drunk dials us on alternate Fridays.

Deluded God has not been around in forever but before he left, he made some long posts that were really good.

Brian37 wrote:

Wel, I don't know if this qualifies as a loss but Luminon did admit that he is waiting for some dude to show up who is going to do all the cool stuff and all that.

No, Luminon has always had woo, since he showed up. I don't remember a time when he didn't spout some sort of woo.

I will say he has his moments of sanity. I do like him, just not his woo.

I hope he's not looking for a comet to hitch hike on, a bunch of people died believing that.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Rook left the RRS  Hamby

Rook left the RRS

Hamby went to his blog

I AM GOD AS YOU passed away

I'm not sure about BGH, DeludedGod or Todangst

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
AIGS...

Answers in Gene Simmons,  Mabus  AKA David Markuze is not a twat from Toronto,  I'm from near Toronto. Markuze is a shit head from Montreal, 350 miles east of here.  

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sorry Brian

Brian37 wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

That was dry humour. 

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:That

Atheistextremist wrote:

That was dry humour.  

It isn't wet humour because I didn't spit when I read it?

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: was

Atheistextremist wrote:

WHAT?? Losing RationalResponders to ChristNUTTism?? Are you serious??

Christianity is losing members hand over fist in America and the west! 80% of churces are shrinking and even Christians complain about how they're losing members.  Just look at the article by Christianitytoday.com in one of the other sections. There is even a website called ex-christian.net where people sign up every day and leave that ARAB religion of HATE and INTOLERANCE.

I discovered RationalResponders when they tore the A-hole out of Kirk Cameron on a ABC Nightline debate. I remember a dark haired guy with a brunette girlfriend with huge D size tits(minimum).  Who were they?? I'm sure someone here must know them and about that Nightline debate about the existence of god.

I come and go and come and go but I'll NEVER leave for good!  I just get tired of posting on forums sometimes and leave for a while but I always come back.  But I've only been here about 2 years so I wouldn't remember any of the old timers.  How long has RR been around?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Rook

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Rook left the RRS

Hamby went to his blog

I AM GOD AS YOU passed away

I'm not sure about BGH, DeludedGod or Todangst

WHY did Rook leave and join that stupid site created by that MEGA nerd?? Rook was the best authority on the MYTHOLOGY of Jesus so he should be HERE!!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:WHY

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

WHY did Rook leave and join that stupid site created by that MEGA nerd?? Rook was the best authority on the MYTHOLOGY of Jesus so he should be HERE!!

He also has a blog