The most awesomest movie of evar.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
The most awesomest movie of evar.

This is why movie critics completely suck: They are only looking out for number one: themselves. They are careerists, every one. They cannot, will not, risk being ostricized by the cliquish mob of other critics. They cannot, will not, ever be able to honestly say: That movie fucking kicked my ass so hard I don't even know how to say how fucking awesome it was!

They pan the best movies. They are utterly clueless.

They panned Tank Girl: one of the best movies evar.

They panned 300: one of the bestest movies evar, especially if you're a rationalist.

They panned Watchmen: one of the most faithful comic book adaptations evar.

They panned Sucker Punch: Quite possibly the most awesomest move evar. Specially if you're an atheist.

Movie critics suck ass. Don't trust them. They are only trying to polish their reputations by catering to the lowest common denominator (the other movie critics!). Never read their reviews. Don't let them set your expectations. It will just ruin the movie for you.

My advice: Set your expectations at neutral. Assume the movie will probably basically suck (like most movies), but maybe maybe there might be something in it that will be interesting or worth watching or something to think about later. With neutral expectations, you are open to the goodness that might be in the movie, but you haven't already decided that it's total crap. With neutral expectations, quirky, unusual, different, weird, over-the-top movies will turn out to be fucking awesome, as they should be experienced.

If you listen to the critics, you'll just miss out on the awesomeness.

BTW: Zack Snyder is a goddamn fucking genius.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Quote:They panned Sucker

Quote:

They panned Sucker Punch: Quite possibly the most awesomest move evar. Specially if you're an atheist.

I saw Sucker Punch and liked it, but don't know how being an atheist would help.

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Natural, meet moviebob. He's

Natural, meet moviebob. He's an atheist and said he loved Suckerpunch (sort of). I love him, he's awesome.

Anyway, same question as Pineapple: how do atheism and Suckerpunch relate? (I'm very bad at understanding secondary layers (lol, does that mean something in English?) and stuff like that Laughing out loud).

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sucker Punch is basically a

*************** SPOILERS ***************

Sucker Punch is basically a by-the-book classic hero/saviour story. Baby Doll is Jesus. But, instead of selling out to the supernatural, we find that the only real saviour in your own story is yourself. You have the weapons. Now fight!

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:Natural,

Thunderios wrote:

Natural, meet moviebob. He's an atheist and said he loved Suckerpunch (sort of). I love him, he's awesome.

Thanks. That has restored some of my hope in the not-brain-dead-itude of movie critics. Only disagree with his take on 300, but you can't win em all.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't pay attention to

I don't pay attention to reviewers. Then again I own a few troma movies.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I don't pay

robj101 wrote:

I don't pay attention to reviewers. Then again I own a few troma movies.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=