Infallable god..

ZeroSignal
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Infallable god..

Since this bible thing states the god is omniscient, omnipotent, and infallable,  how is Moses able to talk this genocidal vengeful god out of destroying the human race 2 times?  (i do believe it is 2 more more times it was attempted, the rainbow was a reminder to this all knowing god not to do it again.  Its been years since I read this trash from cover to cover.  I do believe it was in the old testament.)

____

The bible, good fiction? A 3 year old can write a better story.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZeroSignal wrote:Since this

ZeroSignal wrote:
Since this bible thing states the god is omniscient, omnipotent, and infallable,  how is Moses able to talk this genocidal vengeful god out of destroying the human race 2 times?

Lol, it was an off day. God's wife was lecturing him about how they need to talk more.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Because God makes

Because God makes conditional and unconditional statements.
When a statement comes true, the conditions were fulfilled or it was unconditional, and when something doesn't come true, it was conditional and the conditions weren't met.
There's no other way of telling them apart (like God saying "If A THEN B" in stead of merely "B&quotEye-wink.

It's so easy when you wrap your mind... around it.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Because...

Because that's how the authors of that abominable piece of fiction wrote it.