Glenn Beck show canceled on Fox

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
Glenn Beck show canceled on Fox

http://thewikiinfo.com/glenn-beck-show-going-off-the-air-this-year/

I won't be complaining much. Smiling That guy is weirder than Alex Jones.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
hahahaha. haha, ha, GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
 This was the best news

 This was the best news that has ever come from the Glenn Beck show!

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13416
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Glen said was leaving to do

Glen said was leaving to do more important things. HOW FUCKING DELUSIONAL. Fox dumped him because his ratings sucked and he was going off the deep end.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4290
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Glen said was

Brian37 wrote:

Glen said was leaving to do more important things. HOW FUCKING DELUSIONAL. Fox dumped him because his ratings sucked and he was going off the deep end.

 

Glenn is starting a subscription show on his website which all estimates indicate will make him far more money than Fox could pay him. His salary from Fox was REALLY small compared to what he makes from his radio show, magazine, books and website. When his tv show first started, he promoted it like crazy. Every day on his radio show he would be encouraging people to watch his tv show. For the last 4-5 months I have noticed he has stopped doing that and promoted his website instead. I believe it is because he figured he could make more money from the lower number of people who will pay for the website. He only made a paltry $2 million on Fox while raking in an estimated $30 million from his other ventures.

 

He is a businessman (and a good one at that) and at the end of the day, I think Fox has already served his purposes. He has little to gain from staying with them. I doubt this will be a disappearance of Beck so don't get too excited.   

It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith. It was a fixed moral code and a fixed theology which robbed the human race of a thousand years by wasting them upon alchemy, heretic-burning, witchcraft and sacerdotalism.-H.L. Mencken


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
 Well at least my uncle and

 Well at least my uncle and mother won't be able to watch his crap anymore. Ugh!!!!

 

Beyond, 

Why isn't this also true for Bill O'Reilly?

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13416
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Glen said was leaving to do more important things. HOW FUCKING DELUSIONAL. Fox dumped him because his ratings sucked and he was going off the deep end.

 

Glenn is starting a subscription show on his website which all estimates indicate will make him far more money than Fox could pay him. His salary from Fox was REALLY small compared to what he makes from his radio show, magazine, books and website. When his tv show first started, he promoted it like crazy. Every day on his radio show he would be encouraging people to watch his tv show. For the last 4-5 months I have noticed he has stopped doing that and promoted his website instead. I believe it is because he figured he could make more money from the lower number of people who will pay for the website. He only made a paltry $2 million on Fox while raking in an estimated $30 million from his other ventures.

 

He is a businessman (and a good one at that) and at the end of the day, I think Fox has already served his purposes. He has little to gain from staying with them. I doubt this will be a disappearance of Beck so don't get too excited.   

Being good at making money doesn't make one moral.

YOU still don't understand WHY it is important to prevent monopolies of power. IT IS PRECISELY because people use money to influence politics that you need to keep a check on it. Beck's wealth is not my issue, it is what he would do IF given the power. Not him per sey, but like minded people like him.

Stewart and Colbert are good at making money too, I don't hate them. I don't hate Warren Buffet.

My issue is NOT someone's personal rights to go for what they want in life, even if it is wealth. It is the long term eroding of our anti-trust  laws and checks and balances that have allowed for the mess that we are in now. And that is just economically. I cant imagine what a Glen Beck version of Warren Buffet would do to to the rights of non-fundies if given the power with no checks on it.

Picture a Supreme Court full of Glen Becks. Picture a house and senate and Presidency full of Glen Beck types. If money is the only goal in life, then we should trust ANYONE good at making money.

If Glen Beck scares you as he should, then you shouldn't blindly say that no checks on power are always good. He has money and power but I am sure neither you or I would want him to rule this country.

ANYTHING left to it's own devices with no counter balance WILL become abusive.

AGAIN, what lead to the Russian Revolution and Stalin is the same thing that caused the collapse of the Soviet Union. ABUSE OF POWER, CENTRALIZED POWER, MONOPOLY.

If being a business man is the only thing that is moral in life, then Glen Beck is moral. If he is not moral, which he is not, then you cannot simply say getting rich is the only thing important in life.

Just as you wouldn't trust NOR should give a blank check to Unions or Jessy Jackson. Neither a Union or Jessy Jackson would have any influence if they didn't have money to have influence.

SO ONCE AGAIN, giving a blank check to any party, religion or class is always a bad idea.

Otherwise don't question Glen Beck, he is rich and that is all that matters.

Glen is a nutcase with money. Just as Mubarak and Gaddaffy have money. I simply warn you not to simply side with Beck because you share the same economic policies to some degree. He would be more than happy to use his money to influence politics to the point of getting rid of evolution taught in schools and force bible lead prayer in public schools. BECAUSE he has the money to influence such.

NOT him per sey, but people like him.

IT IS AS SIMPLE AS absolute power corrupts absolutely, NO MATTER WHAT RELIGIOUS, POLITICAL OR CLASS LABEL you slap on it. You take away the checks and balances and you will ALWAYS end up with abuse, NO MATTER WHO ENDS UP ON TOP.

Glen Beck for president. Yea, sounds good to tons of people but that prospect scares the shit out of me.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4290
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: Well at

ex-minister wrote:

 Well at least my uncle and mother won't be able to watch his crap anymore. Ugh!!!!

 

Beyond, 

Why isn't this also true for Bill O'Reilly?

 

Because O'Reilly has a better time slot (therefore more advertising money) and his radio show REALLY sucks. If you have ever heard O'Reilly's radio show.... it is a hundred times worse than his tv show. I think Beck is much better on radio than tv. On his radio show he is usually far less serious end of the world crap. Now excuse me while I dissect Brian's rant.

 

 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Being good at making money doesn't make one moral.

Whoever said it did?

 

Brian37 wrote:

YOU still don't understand WHY it is important to prevent monopolies of power. IT IS PRECISELY because people use money to influence politics that you need to keep a check on it. Beck's wealth is not my issue, it is what he would do IF given the power. Not him per sey, but like minded people like him.

Beck is one of the few voices that might actually have some political influence that have been AGAINST giving politicians power. Even during the Bush years, Beck was the ONLY person on conservative talk radio railing against the power that Bush was centralizing in Washington, D.C. He did support the Patriot Act initially, but has since apologized. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Stewart and Colbert are good at making money too, I don't hate them. I don't hate Warren Buffet.

My issue is NOT someone's personal rights to go for what they want in life, even if it is wealth. It is the long term eroding of our anti-trust  laws and checks and balances that have allowed for the mess that we are in now. And that is just economically. I cant imagine what a Glen Beck version of Warren Buffet would do to to the rights of non-fundies if given the power with no checks on it.

Picture a Supreme Court full of Glen Becks. Picture a house and senate and Presidency full of Glen Beck types. If money is the only goal in life, then we should trust ANYONE good at making money.

Who said money was the ONLY goal? I was just observing that Beck had large personal financial reasons for leaving Fox. Although, if you take out his religion loonery, I would be quite happy to see a house, senate and Presidency of "Glenn Beck types".

 

Brian37 wrote:

If Glen Beck scares you as he should, then you shouldn't blindly say that no checks on power are always good. He has money and power but I am sure neither you or I would want him to rule this country.

Why should Beck scare me? He only has the power I grant him by choosing to listen to his radio show or choosing to go to one of his events or choosing to buy one of his books. Beck is NOT using force to make anyone do anything and has been a vocal critic of government force. 

 

Brian37 wrote:

ANYTHING left to it's own devices with no counter balance WILL become abusive.

AGAIN, what lead to the Russian Revolution and Stalin is the same thing that caused the collapse of the Soviet Union. ABUSE OF POWER, CENTRALIZED POWER, MONOPOLY.

And how does that have anything to do with Beck? 

 

Brian37 wrote:

If being a business man is the only thing that is moral in life, then Glen Beck is moral. If he is not moral, which he is not, then you cannot simply say getting rich is the only thing important in life.

In what way is Beck not moral? I think he is a fairly moral person. Certainly not perfect, but who is? 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Just as you wouldn't trust NOR should give a blank check to Unions or Jessy Jackson. Neither a Union or Jessy Jackson would have any influence if they didn't have money to have influence.

SO ONCE AGAIN, giving a blank check to any party, religion or class is always a bad idea.

Otherwise don't question Glen Beck, he is rich and that is all that matters.

Who is giving Beck a blank check? Last time I checked, he works for every penny he has. Is Bama secretly funding him somehow? 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Glen is a nutcase with money. Just as Mubarak and Gaddaffy have money. I simply warn you not to simply side with Beck because you share the same economic policies to some degree. He would be more than happy to use his money to influence politics to the point of getting rid of evolution taught in schools and force bible lead prayer in public schools. BECAUSE he has the money to influence such.

On what basis are you drawing this conclusion? Beck uses very little of his money to influence politics and he has it. Sure, I disagree with Beck on evolution but that his hardly an important issue to me. I don't really give a shit what we teach kids in school, kids don't pay attention in school anyway. And since I am against public schooling in general, I don't see why I should waste time worrying about what is being taught in them. For the record, Beck also supports school choice programs that include vouchers so parents can send their kids to any school they want, religious or otherwise. 

 

You constantly scream at me about LABELS while you are pretty quick to apply a label yourself to Beck. You have a preconceived notion of what he believes or what he is doing based on his religion that is quite frankly false. Is Beck a very religious man? Yes. Does he believe that we should have a theocracy? No. He widely encourages people to read the Bible and to become more religious because he believes it is the truth. But he has never suggested that anyone use government to impose his views, quite the opposite. Which is more than I can say for most people on the left. 

 

I have listened to Beck since 2002 when it first went national, so I am pretty well versed in his opinions and point of view. I certainly don't agree with him 100% of the time and he has a strong tendency to over dramatize and take extra large leaps to link stories. I don't believe the progressives are nearly as well organized as he does but he is hardly the crazy nutjob trying to take over the country that you describe.  

 

It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith. It was a fixed moral code and a fixed theology which robbed the human race of a thousand years by wasting them upon alchemy, heretic-burning, witchcraft and sacerdotalism.-H.L. Mencken


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Glen said was

Brian37 wrote:

Glen said was leaving to do more important things. HOW FUCKING DELUSIONAL. Fox dumped him because his ratings sucked and he was going off the deep end.

 

To join sarah palin with a tiny little cup of tea at a tiny little table at a tiny little party with some other tiny little minds.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
 See the thread with Jon

 See the thread with Jon Stewart impersonating Glenn Beck: http://www.rationalresponders.com/Jon_Stewart_Glenn_Beck

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Oh shit... Brian37 is using

Oh shit... Brian37 is using RRS as a sounding board for his "arbitrary" morality. AND HE DOES IT TYPING LIKE THIS AS WELL...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Glenn is

Beyond Saving wrote:

Glenn is starting a subscription show on his website which all estimates indicate will make him far more money than Fox could pay him. His salary from Fox was REALLY small compared to what he makes from his radio show, magazine, books and website. When his tv show first started, he promoted it like crazy. Every day on his radio show he would be encouraging people to watch his tv show. For the last 4-5 months I have noticed he has stopped doing that and promoted his website instead. I believe it is because he figured he could make more money from the lower number of people who will pay for the website. He only made a paltry $2 million on Fox while raking in an estimated $30 million from his other ventures.

 

He is a businessman (and a good one at that) and at the end of the day, I think Fox has already served his purposes. He has little to gain from staying with them. I doubt this will be a disappearance of Beck so don't get too excited.   

So what's the "businessman's" excuse for all that whacky shit he's been spewing on Fox for the past few months???

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
I think that we'll actually

I think that we'll actually be seeing *more* of Glenn Beck... and that he'll ramp up the crazy... the same with Olberman... Brief vacations followed by triumphant returns...


Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote: the same with Olberman

 I bet Keith Olberman is celebrating ! I would also like to see a triumphant return of Olberman, but not Beck, Beck says that he'll be doing specials on Fox, yeah he's so special ! 

Signature ? How ?


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: See the

Sapient wrote:

 See the thread with Jon Stewart impersonating Glenn Beck: http://www.rationalresponders.com/Jon_Stewart_Glenn_Beck

 

I saw that and it was hilarious. The sad part is that Jon Stewart's parody isn't that far off from Glenn Beck's actual show.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4290
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 I wonder who will be

 I wonder who will be taking Beck's place? My money is that those of you who didn't like Beck aren't going to like the new person either. I still don't understand the sheer hatred Beck seems to attract from the left. Seems like a lot of wasted energy to me.  

It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith. It was a fixed moral code and a fixed theology which robbed the human race of a thousand years by wasting them upon alchemy, heretic-burning, witchcraft and sacerdotalism.-H.L. Mencken


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
It's a pity, from what

It's a pity, from what little I saw of him he was entertaining. Quite liked him from what I saw, which admittedly was very little.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

 I wonder who will be taking Beck's place? My money is that those of you who didn't like Beck aren't going to like the new person either.

Yeah, and he'll be 12 times as Mormon as Beck, as well!

Hate or no hate, it's doubtful the new guy will be anything like him, because it is HIGHLY doubtful that Fox want's another ratings-assassin like Mr. Beck.

Quote:
Traveling outside of civilization, will respond to you when I get back if you say anything worth responding too...

 

Somehow, I doubt that will include criticisms of Beck's sanity while on TV...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
He's finally off the air -

He's finally off the air - today was his last day


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13416
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Ding dong the witch is dead.

Ding dong the witch is dead.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
I wonder how many fans will

I wonder how many fans will pay to watch him on his website? He lost so many sponsors that he can't even offer free internet TV with ads. I can't see anyone paying monthly just to watch a single TV show, and if anyone still cares about him that much, they can still listen to his radio show for free. I predict that more people will be watching "Barney the Dinosaur" reruns on Youtube than than Glenn Beck from now on.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical