God exists and the proof is this site. [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
God exists and the proof is this site. [YOU RESPOND]

 Jon sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

it's so sad that you feel so strongly as to make this site. God exists and the proof is in the fact that you make these kind of sites in the first place. If there is no god, then just let it be. But the fact is you cant because of the affect of evil in the world working through people like you want to conceal the truth. Why? make a site like this? and please remember science is so young and is mostly theoretical and please don't take this the wrong way but without pictures people like you would still think the world was flat.

Science only realised that cigareetes (one of the biggest killers) was harmfull only 60 years ago. We know nothing. Are you really so sure there is no god or are you waiting for your theories to be proven wrong AGAIN. God also exists because the secret societies that run the world (Illuminati, high level Freemasons)are Satanists. These are the people who know all the worlds secrets and they worship satan for their quick fix of power on earth. If there is satan there is god and these people know it but keep it from us. I will pray for you whoever you are, please find peace brother but don't be ignorant.

 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Wowzers1
Theist
Wowzers1's picture
Posts: 312
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

 Jon sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

it's so sad that you feel so strongly as to make this site. God exists and the proof is in the fact that you make these kind of sites in the first place. If there is no god, then just let it be. But the fact is you cant because of the affect of evil in the world working through people like you want to conceal the truth. Why? make a site like this? and please remember science is so young and is mostly theoretical and please don't take this the wrong way but without pictures people like you would still think the world was flat.

Science only realised that cigareetes (one of the biggest killers) was harmfull only 60 years ago. We know nothing. Are you really so sure there is no god or are you waiting for your theories to be proven wrong AGAIN. God also exists because the secret societies that run the world (Illuminati, high level Freemasons)are Satanists. These are the people who know all the worlds secrets and they worship satan for their quick fix of power on earth. If there is satan there is god and these people know it but keep it from us. I will pray for you whoever you are, please find peace brother but don't be ignorant.

Conspiracy theories? the existence of this site? the age of science? Sorry Jon, but these ramblings are non-sequitur.

It is incomprehensible that God should exist, and it is incomprehensible that he should not exist. -Blaise Pascal


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13825
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
No Jon, this website is

No Jon, this website is proof that some people can give up on ancient myth and superstition. It is proof that humans can live without a fictional sky daddy.

Why don't we just let it be? Should you or I let Muslims believe that murdering UN workers is a lagit form of "protest" merely because their god got picked on?

Why don't we "let it be".

Several reasons. Mainly because people of all religions all over the world run governments, those governments are full of people of "faith". Even here. Since that is the case I think it is damned important to have the ability to challenge what they believe. Countries that don't allow that challenge are oppressive to outsiders. Countries like Iran are hostile to non-Muslims. If America is to not become like that, then having the ability to challenge the claims of others is extremely important in a free society. If for no other reason but to prevent monopolies of power.

And also for the same reason Galileo didn't blindly accept the earth being flat, the popular belief of the church of his time. I am glad he didn't just "let it be".

If you know that the moon is not made of cheese, I am quite sure it would upset you if someone really believed it and you would want to correct their error.

We don't let it be because there is too much at stake for humanity. Our species has the choice of wallowing in comic book superstitions of the past, or we can look forward to the future by not using wishful thinking to measure reality.

We are not here to demand you don't believe. And no westernized atheist I would call sane would suggest outlawing religion via force of government. But just because you have a belief doesn't mean it deserves a pedestal. Your human right to believe what you want is not our issue. The reasons you go around claiming such and selling such without evidence is our issue.

We, unlike you, WANT people to think without a hand up their back. We want people at a minimum to not be tribal gang members. We want to provide a positive alternative to old claims written in an unscientific past.

For the same reason you don't believe that the sun is a god, like the Egyptians falsely thought for 3,000 years, we simply apply that same logic to all god claims, past and present. The only difference between you and I is that I reject one more god than you do. Understand why you reject all other god/s besides your own, and you should understand why we reject yours as well.

This website is not proof of your god existing anymore than it is proof that Thor makes lighting. It is proof that people don't need ancient myths(not just yours, but any by any label) to live their lives. We don't need your god, and you are simply having an emotional reaction to something you are not used to hearing.

It is not our fault, or problem, that you still cling to the past without a lick of evidence. Maybe you need to accept that you are wrong, or pony up with the "evidence" you think will convince us.

What will not impress us is a hit and run e-mail like a scared baby. Man up and debate us. We wont eat your young. We wont rape your women. We wont give you cooties. If you don't convince us, we simply will not adapt your position.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4668
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

 Jon sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

it's so sad that you feel so strongly as to make this site. God exists and the proof is in the fact that you make these kind of sites in the first place. If there is no god, then just let it be. But the fact is you cant because of the affect of evil in the world working through people like you want to conceal the truth. Why? make a site like this? and please remember science is so young and is mostly theoretical and please don't take this the wrong way but without pictures people like you would still think the world was flat.

Science only realised that cigareetes (one of the biggest killers) was harmfull only 60 years ago. We know nothing. Are you really so sure there is no god or are you waiting for your theories to be proven wrong AGAIN. God also exists because the secret societies that run the world (Illuminati, high level Freemasons)are Satanists. These are the people who know all the worlds secrets and they worship satan for their quick fix of power on earth. If there is satan there is god and these people know it but keep it from us. I will pray for you whoever you are, please find peace brother but don't be ignorant.

 

 

Yeah, that evil science ignoring reality. Why scientists still believe the world is flat, that praying works better than medicine and they completely deny evolution even though there is a ton of evidence. You show a scientist proof and they turn to their holy book and say "That can't be real, it isn't in my book". It is a good thing we have churches to discover how things really work. If only those stupid scientists didn't rely on ideas written in a book over a thousand years ago as the only possible truth....

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4668
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:If you know

Brian37 wrote:

If you know that the moon is not made of cheese, I am quite sure it would upset you if someone really believed it and you would want to correct their error.

The moon IS made of cheese. I have a BOOK that says so that was written in ANCIENT times (before I was born). And everyone knows that ancient books are always 100% accurate.

 

Have YOU ever been to the moon? NO! You only believe the moon isn't made of cheese because it is an ILLUMINATI plot to horde all that tasty cheese for themselves. 

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13825
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

If you know that the moon is not made of cheese, I am quite sure it would upset you if someone really believed it and you would want to correct their error.

The moon IS made of cheese. I have a BOOK that says so that was written in ANCIENT times (before I was born). And everyone knows that ancient books are always 100% accurate.

 

Have YOU ever been to the moon? NO! You only believe the moon isn't made of cheese because it is an ILLUMINATI plot to horde all that tasty cheese for themselves. 

 

YEA, I agree, the moon is made of cheese because I have never been there. Thanks for putting me on the right track.  What was I thinking.

It is a good thing we have some common ground, on other issues, I am sure we want to strangle each other.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Jon wrote:But the fact is

Jon wrote:
But the fact is you cant because of the affect of evil in the world working through people like you want to conceal the truth.

If there is a God, then why are you sending messages to this site? Why? Why not just let it be? Doesn't this prove that God doesn't exist and the evils of your religion are causing you to send messages?

No, of course not. You're sending a message because you care what people believe in; what people believe in matters. Our beliefs inform our actions.

Jon wrote:
and please remember science is so young and is mostly theoretical and please don't take this the wrong way but without pictures people like you would still think the world was flat.

A couple things.

- There are multiple definitions for "theory." A scientific "theory" is not just a guess. A scientific theory is an explanation for a category of natural phenomena. For example, it is fact that animals evolve, but the explanation of why they evolve is the theory.  

- Something that is only "theoretical," as in, without any reference to the physical world, by definition, wouldn't be science. That would be philosophy.

- Depending what you mean by "science," it's probably older than your religion.

- Don't take it the wrong way? It looks like you just wrote a childish insult that's probably based on a strawman. I assume that is the right way to take it. We don't just have pictures; we have satellites, telescopes, and, among other things, a little thing called trigonometry.

- Btw, some of your Christian brethren persecuted scientists for suggesting that the world was spherical and the Earth revolved around the sun. Not implying causality here, just sayin'.  

Jon wrote:
Science only realised that cigareetes (one of the biggest killers) was harmfull only 60 years ago.

I'm sure God told you guys thousands of years ago. That's why Christians never smoke. < /sarcasm>

Jon wrote:
Are you really so sure there is no god

No, I'm not 100% sure. I simply don't believe. Although, some God concepts are logically inconsistent, so I suppose one could be certain that those gods don't exist.

Jon wrote:
or are you waiting for your theories to be proven wrong AGAIN.

Non-belief is not a scientific theory. That isn't even coherent; it's a category error. Non-belief is the default position to take for any positive claim.

Jon wrote:
God also exists because the secret societies that run the world (Illuminati, high level Freemasons)are Satanists.

Non sequitur.

Jon wrote:
These are the people who know all the worlds secrets and they worship satan for their quick fix of power on earth.

No good. Need evidence.

Jon wrote:
I will pray for you whoever you are, please find peace brother but don't be ignorant.
  

And I will think for you.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Jon

butterbattle wrote:

Jon wrote:
I will pray for you whoever you are, please find peace brother but don't be ignorant.
  

And I will think for you.

hehe, good luck with that.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

If you know that the moon is not made of cheese, I am quite sure it would upset you if someone really believed it and you would want to correct their error.

The moon IS made of cheese. I have a BOOK that says so that was written in ANCIENT times (before I was born). And everyone knows that ancient books are always 100% accurate.

 

Have YOU ever been to the moon? NO! You only believe the moon isn't made of cheese because it is an ILLUMINATI plot to horde all that tasty cheese for themselves. 

 

I like cheese, sometimes I eat too much and it constipates me... just saying.  It's also more informative than the OP.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Anymouse (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Goddess exists and that proved by this site . . .

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

 Jon sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

it's so sad that you feel so strongly as to make this site. God exists and the proof is in the fact that you make these kind of sites in the first place. If there is no god, then just let it be. But the fact is you cant because of the affect of evil in the world working through people like you want to conceal the truth. Why? make a site like this? and please remember science is so young and is mostly theoretical and please don't take this the wrong way but without pictures people like you would still think the world was flat.

Science only realised that cigareetes (one of the biggest killers) was harmfull only 60 years ago. We know nothing. Are you really so sure there is no god or are you waiting for your theories to be proven wrong AGAIN. God also exists because the secret societies that run the world (Illuminati, high level Freemasons)are Satanists. These are the people who know all the worlds secrets and they worship satan for their quick fix of power on earth. If there is satan there is god and these people know it but keep it from us. I will pray for you whoever you are, please find peace brother but don't be ignorant.

 

Strange doings: my response did not show up. Proof of God's (any god's) existance?

Science realised the dangers of cigarettes (at least scientists at tobacco companies) far earlier than you suppose; they suppressed the information as long as they could. This is well-known and documented.

Scientific inquiry begins with either an assumption or a hypothesis, then looking for evidence to prove or disprove the position. Case in point is tobacco. That hypothesis came about far earlier than the XX Century. I quote King James of England here:

(1556-1625) He wrote: "A custome lothsome to the Eye, hatefull to the Nose, harmfull to the Braine, daungerous to the Lungs, and in the blacke stinking fume thereof, neerest resembling the horrible Stigian smoke of the pit that is bottomelesse." He wrote that tobacco was a "filthie noveltie."

This site must be proof that Goddess exists because a Wiccan has landed here (me).

The Illuminati are an invention for a fiction novel. Amazing how an entire conspiracy theory can be built out of the "Illuminatus Trilogy." (But the quotes from the Principia Discordia in it do exist, as the Principia is also a book. I have two copies, as well as the Apocrypha Discordia. One can never be too careful if you don't know enough about Goddess Eris and Her Doings. Smiling

Satan is a construct of Christianity. Satan is a most useful tool when decrying what others belief; Argumentum ad Satanium - a logical fallacy unique to Christianity. If it doesn't square with what the particular apologist thinks is "Godly," call the other "a Satanist." This is an extension of Argumentum ad Hitlerium, often used by politicians and religious and left- and right-wingers alike to paint their opponent as "equivalent to Hitler." I refuse to accept being painted with the "Satan" brush.

Likewise, Jesus himself is alleged to have said (in the New Testament) that even he "could not save someone who had denied the Holy Spirit." An omnipotent god cannot overcome such an apparently insignificant act? Not much in the way of omnipotence there. For the record, as a Wiccan, I deny any existence of any Christian concept of Holy Spirit. There. You can save your prayers for another, as I am a lost cause by your own book.

And it is very arrogant to "pray for someone" because they do not hold your viewpoint; it is tantamount to saying "You are wrong and I hope my God either makes you see the light or burn for all eternity." While such a view is abhorrent to those of my own faith (witches have been the main event at a number of Christian weenie roast and evil is created by evil-doers, no god required) or by the vast majority of atheists here, I'll warrant; I would not suppose to post that I would consider reciting an incantation on your behalf for your enlightenment of other's views: first, I am not that presumptuous; second, I have better things to do, as you will change your opinions or not based on your own thoughts; third, I imagine any such thing I might do you would interpret as "evil" working on your behalf, which you would reject.

As for flat-earthers, I believe that was a Christian position, not a scientific one. Since antiquity mariners have known of the curvature of the Earth, it was just bigger than many thought. Columbus and his crew would have starved if they had not bumped into N. America by accident, and another flat-earth sail-off-the-edge-of-the-Earth legend would have been born. And it would have been wrong, too.

The default position of all humans (infancy) is atheism. All religious belief is inculcated. Christians are almost as atheistic as atheists themselves are: Christians do not believe in any of the multitudes of gods/goddesses/religions ever postulated by mankind, save one (or three, depending on who is counting). Atheists simply don't believe that one either. Or mine, but I don't worry about that.

James. If you harm none, then do as you will shall be the whole of the law. Wiccan Rede. Much simpler and just moral or ethical code than anything found in the Old or New Testaments.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Dear, Jon.

 

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

 

Please find peace brother but don't be ignorant.

 

 

Work on this... 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
Wow...

Wow, what a moron... I wonder if that guy has ever heard of that little concept called EVIDENCE?

And on the whole "Freemasons worship satan" thing. If you read the higher levels of Freemasonry in their handbook "On Morals and Dogma" they worship Marduk and the Elder Gods. If you are stupid enough to think that any other human god that doesn't look like the California surfer Jesus is SATAN, then you would make that leap. Other people who are not morons can tell the difference.

Anymouse wrote:
The Illuminati are an invention for a fiction novel. Amazing how an entire conspiracy theory can be built out of the "Illuminatus Trilogy."

I loved that book! It's such a fun read! I would totally party with the Discordians, but what a surprise as I'm a Classical Anarchist in the vein of Emma Goldman, Lucy Parsons, and Peter Kropotkin. The only thing that worried me about the book and the community around it was all the people who read it and thought that it was non-fiction. Talk about kooks! I find it sad that people can't just enjoy a good fantasy book without thinking it has to be real. Talk about a WWGD? (What Would Gandalf Do?) moment!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
More on the Illuminatus Trilogy

I find it funny that people could think that the book is non-fiction, as it ends with the Discordians going to a huge rock festival near a lake full of zombie Nazis where, to properly fight the Nazis resurrection and for the festival goers to "properly" see the Nazis, they have to spike the festivals water supply with LSD!

Again, a great read but STILL FICTION. I find it sad that we must reiterate that obvious fact!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3472
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:I find it funny

B166ER wrote:

I find it funny that people could think that the book is non-fiction, as it ends with the Discordians going to a huge rock festival near a lake full of zombie Nazis where, to properly fight the Nazis resurrection and for the festival goers to "properly" see the Nazis, they have to spike the festivals water supply with LSD!

Again, a great read but STILL FICTION. I find it sad that we must reiterate that obvious fact!

well, according to wikipedia, there have been several groups since at least the 18th century, some real and some fictional, who have used the name "illuminati." 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

i seem to recall seeing them mentioned while perusing a book on the history of the occult by frances yates, maybe the occult philosophy of the elizabethan age, but i'm not sure. 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
They might have had the name but...

iwbiek wrote:
well, according to wikipedia, there have been several groups since at least the 18th century, some real and some fictional, who have used the name "illuminati."

They might have shared the name, but they definitely did not pull global strings. That's what I was saying was inspired from the book. All they did was take an 19th century occultist group and inflate it's importance to global levels... with awesome Discordians to boot!

What I would do to party on their submarine! The Discordians from the book I mean, not some silly occultist group. XD

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!