Jean is a liar

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean is a liar

Liar!

I have read a lot of posts now, and Jean is very fun to read. He has on several occasions made reference to a being I can not believe in. He more implies this, rather than flat out states it.

Jean keeps refering to his "mother in law". This implies he has a wife!

No way. I demand proof of the existence of this supposedly "sentient" being that married Jean. Burden of proof on him.

Just to be clear, I kid. This is was an attempt at hyperbole irony. I look forward to Jean explaining the absurdity of my humor and teaching me what my humor really means. (satire sarcasm?)

Semi seriously? I think Jean is an intentional provoker, and likes to get people thinking. I would not like to guess if he were an actual theist or atheist.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is he a secret lair? does

Is he a secret lair?

does he have sharks with lasers?

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Is he a secret

Ciarin wrote:

Is he a secret lair?

ah, I have been bearded in my lair...

that is...if you are the one true wife of Jean?

Totally seriously, I honestly envy the true believers. I have met a few in my life, and they are always pleasant people with this sort of glow of conviction around them. I guess I shouldn't quantify "true" believers, I just mean christians regardless of denomination that aren't secret atheists, know what I mean? This seems to have taken a tangent from what I mean.

I was reading posts by Fonzie and that exemplifies what I mean. Fonzie seems totally happy and at peace with himself in spite of ...well anything. I envy that.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:Ciarin

beardedinlair wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Is he a secret lair?

ah, I have been bearded in my lair...

that is...if you are the one true wife of Jean?

Totally seriously, I honestly envy the true believers. I have met a few in my life, and they are always pleasant people with this sort of glow of conviction around them. I guess I shouldn't quantify "true" believers, I just mean christians regardless of denomination that aren't secret atheists, know what I mean? This seems to have taken a tangent from what I mean.

I was reading posts by Fonzie and that exemplifies what I mean. Fonzie seems totally happy and at peace with himself in spite of ...well anything. I envy that.

ignorance is bliss

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:I was

beardedinlair wrote:

Uhm...

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but "Fonzie" is actually quite heavily medicated. He volunteered that information himself.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:ly? I

beardedinlair wrote:
ly? I think Jean is an intentional provoker, and likes to get people thinking. I would not like to guess if he were an actual theist or atheist.

Yes, he is a theist. I have no doubt about that. I think he likes getting his rocks off pissing other people off. But it isn't about thinking. And he truly believes the vile crap he spews.

What makes you think he is merely trying to get people to "think"?

If that were the case he wouldn't carpet bomb this site in every thread. He IS an attention whore who does believe in his childish tantrum throwing bully of a fictional sky daddy.

He is merely here to try and parade us around like zoo animals so he can show us to his friends and say "look at me, I am fighting evil".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
ah, ok. medication is bliss?

ah, ok. medication is bliss? medication is the opiate of the masses?

Brian37 wrote:

beardedinlair wrote:
ly? I think Jean is an intentional provoker, and likes to get people thinking. I would not like to guess if he were an actual theist or atheist.

As a rational thinking person I just find someone that filled with anger and resentment to be more resembling  a caricature. And I was trying to reason why some of his arguments seem intelligent and some seem, to use his word, absurd.

And in my own personal experience he doesn't act like a christian filled with enlightenment. My first guess would be that he is agnostic with theistic tendencies looking for confirmation by provoking people into attempting to prove his own points.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote: My

beardedinlair wrote:

My first guess would be that he is agnostic with theistic tendencies looking for confirmation by provoking people into attempting to prove his own points.

That's what I'm thinking, as well.

I think he's just jerking us. Nobody is that off their nut...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:ah, ok.

beardedinlair wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

beardedinlair wrote:

As a rational thinking person I just find someone that filled with anger and resentment to be more resembling  a caricature. And I was trying to reason why some of his arguments seem intelligent and some seem, to use his word, absurd.

And in my own personal experience he doesn't act like a christian filled with enlightenment. My first guess would be that he is agnostic with theistic tendencies looking for confirmation by provoking people into attempting to prove his own points.

There is a difference between upsetting the apple cart, which anyone of any label can do, and do. And his insecurities that cause him to do so.

WE have no choice but to upset the apple cart because we know the earth is not flat and the moon is not made of cheese.

I would be fine with him even "upsetting the apple cart" for his position, if it were not about merely being an attention whore.

People can truly believe false things with the wrong headed attitude of saving others when they don't need to be saved.

Jean is about him, nothing more. He is using us to say to other Christians, "Look at me".

Jean is nothing but Jerry Springer addicted to the crack of Jesus.

There have been plenty of Christians whom I have debated whom I like whom merely have beliefs I find absurd, but still like and love otherwise.

He is not in the boxing ring because of a cause. He is in the boxing ring merely to watch things explode like a pyro likes lighting fires.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:beardedinlair

redneF wrote:

beardedinlair wrote:

My first guess would be that he is agnostic with theistic tendencies looking for confirmation by provoking people into attempting to prove his own points.

That's what I'm thinking, as well.

I think he's just jerking us. Nobody is that off their nut...

I have run into a lot of Calvinists just like him. Look at his name that is John Calvin. John Calvin Middle French: Jean Cauvin; 10 July 1509 – 27 May 1564) was an influential French theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation. He was a principal figure in the development of the system of Christian theology later called Calvinism. Originally trained as a humanist lawyer, he broke from the Roman Catholic Church around 1530. After religious tensions provoked a violent uprising against Protestants in France, Calvin fled to Basel, Switzerland, where he published the first edition of his seminal work Institutes of the Christian Religion in 1536.  They believe just like he states. He is trained in Greek New Testament from some anal Calvinistic school. Basically, Calvinism is known by an acronym: T.U.L.I.P.

Total Depravity (also known as Total Inability and Original Sin)
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement (also known as Particular Atonement)
Irresistible Grace
Perseverance of the Saints (also known as Once Saved Always Saved)

These five categories do not comprise Calvinism in totality. They simply represent some of its main points.

Total Depravity:
      Sin has affected all parts of man. The heart, emotions, will, mind, and body are all affected by sin. We are completely sinful. We are not as sinful as we could be, but we are completely affected by sin.
      The doctrine of Total Depravity is derived from scriptures that reveal human character: Man’s heart is evil (Mark 7:21-23) and sick (Jer. 17:9). Man is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:20). He does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12). He cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14). He is at enmity with God (Eph. 2:15). And, is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3). The Calvinist asks the question, "In light of the scriptures that declare man’s true nature as being utterly lost and incapable, how is it possible for anyone to choose or desire God?" The answer is, "He cannot. Therefore God must predestine."
     Calvinism also maintains that because of our s fallen nature we are born again not by our own will but God’s will (John 1:12-13); God grants that we believe (Phil. 1:29); faith is the work of God (John 6:28-29); God appoints people to believe (Acts 13:48); and God predestines (Eph. 1:1-11; Rom. 8:29; 9:9-23).

Unconditional Election:
     God does not base His election on anything He sees in the individual. He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual. Nor does God look into the future to see who would pick Him. Also, as some are elected into salvation, others are not (Rom. 9:15, 21).

Limited Atonement:
     Jesus died only for the elect. Though Jesus’ sacrifice was sufficient for all, it was not efficacious for all. Jesus only bore the sins of the elect. Support for this position is drawn from such scriptures as Matt. 26:28 where Jesus died for ‘many'; John 10:11, 15 which say that Jesus died for the sheep (not the goats, per Matt. 25:32-33); John 17:9 where Jesus in prayer interceded for the ones given Him, not those of the entire world; Acts 20:28 and Eph. 5:25-27 which state that the Church was purchased by Christ, not all people; and Isaiah 53:12 which is a prophecy of Jesus’ crucifixion where he would bore the sins of many (not all).

Irresistible Grace:
     When God calls his elect into salvation, they cannot resist. God offers to all people the gospel message. This is called the external call. But to the elect, God extends an internal call and it cannot be resisted. This call is by the Holy Spirit who works in the hearts and minds of the elect to bring them to repentance and regeneration whereby they willingly and freely come to God. Some of the verses used in support of this teaching are Romans 9:16 where it says that "it is not of him who wills nor of him who runs, but of God who has mercy"; Philippians 2:12-13 where God is said to be the one working salvation in the individual; John 6:28-29 where faith is declared to be the work of God; Acts 13:48 where God appoints people to believe; and John 1:12-13 where being born again is not by man’s will, but by God’s.

Perseverance of the Saints:
     You cannot lose your salvation. Because the Father has elected, the Son has redeemed, and the Holy Spirit has applied salvation, those thus saved are eternally secure. They are eternally secure in Christ. Some of the verses for this position are John 10:27-28 where Jesus said His sheep will never perish; John 6:47 where salvation is described as everlasting life; Romans 8:1 where it is said we have passed out of judgment; 1 Corinthians 10:13 where God promises to never let us be tempted beyond what we can handle; and Phil. 1:6 where God is the one being faithful to perfect us until the day of Jesus’ return.

THEY ARE LIKE CULT CLONES

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not disagreeing with

I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact I think he is leading the emotional responses he gets. I just can't quite figure out why.

It seems like he is using mirror mimicry to some degree. For example, if a person posted somewhere here, "I love Jesus, and I want to share my joy." This poster would get scoffed at and mocked and taken to task and made demands of. I am not saying this is wrong or right, it just seems to be what would happen. (Some of this is 'cause this is "the nets" and people say things they wouldn't in real life.)

Not only is this Jean character scoffing and mocking and making demands of the resident atheists, he is equally tasking other christians.

I don't deny he is trying to use all of this to justify the ends, most of his logical arguments are very self referential, so the social aspect would surely follow the same pattern. (Wife Is.)

But if he is not attempting to lead people to think, then he is very obviously trying to find answers and doesn't seem to know how to ask the right questions. Either way, let's take away the emotional context, and what is he saying? or asking?

My answer to him, if I understand the question hidden in the subtext, and if he were to read this, is thus:

No, the ends do not justify the means, even if you couch it in religious terms.

Edit to post while typing: Sorry, no, I don't believe the Calvin theory. Maybe a hundred years ago. I feel like he is just using it as a springboard. But then again, I don't personally know any Calvinests.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:I'm not

beardedinlair wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact I think he is leading the emotional responses he gets. I just can't quite figure out why.

It seems like he is using mirror mimicry to some degree. For example, if a person posted somewhere here, "I love Jesus, and I want to share my joy." This poster would get scoffed at and mocked and taken to task and made demands of. I am not saying this is wrong or right, it just seems to be what would happen. (Some of this is 'cause this is "the nets" and people say things they wouldn't in real life.)

Not only is this Jean character scoffing and mocking and making demands of the resident atheists, he is equally tasking other christians.

I don't deny he is trying to use all of this to justify the ends, most of his logical arguments are very self referential, so the social aspect would surely follow the same pattern. (Wife Is.)

But if he is not attempting to lead people to think, then he is very obviously trying to find answers and doesn't seem to know how to ask the right questions. Either way, let's take away the emotional context, and what is he saying? or asking?

My answer to him, if I understand the question hidden in the subtext, and if he were to read this, is thus:

No, the ends do not justify the means, even if you couch it in religious terms.

Edit to post while typing: Sorry, no, I don't believe the Calvin theory. Maybe a hundred years ago. I feel like he is just using it as a springboard. But then again, I don't personally know any Calvinests.

I've debated them. The rigid ones are almost identical to Jean.  There's none of that Baptist lovey dovey stuff. They smile at you going to hell because it is god's will. 

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:I've debated

TGBaker wrote:
I've debated them. The rigid ones are almost identical to Jean.  There's none of that Baptist lovey dovey stuff. They smile at you going to hell because it is god's will. 

Wow. That is what I'm finding hard to believe, what my mind is working at. My nature dictates that I think people mean well toward their fellow man.

Hey, atheists, I think we need to pray for Jean.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:TGBaker

beardedinlair wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Wow. That is what I'm finding hard to believe, what my mind is working at. My nature dictates that I think people mean well toward their fellow man.

Hey, atheists, I think we need to pray for Jean.

Here's some Calvinism and see if Jean ( John) comes to mind. Total deprivity. You are a worm that should be killed before you breed. God decided to save some worms anyway. He chose them before he created. Only they will go to heaven. Everyone else is Satan's.  Christ did not die for everyone. He only died for CALVINISTS.  They can not loose their salvation and are eternally saved since creation. Look at the previous TULIP post.  Since you are not eleeted before creation you are still a worm, not really a human and a child of satan himself. Look at a wiki about Calvin he was pure evil.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I dunno what that dude is. I

I dunno what that dude is. I have skimmed over some of his posts but thats it, skim is all I can do. He is a poe that tries too hard or he is a total nutter. I tend to try to be optimistic about people so I'm going with my first theory till I'm disproven.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I dunno what

robj101 wrote:

I dunno what that dude is. I have skimmed over some of his posts but thats it, skim is all I can do. He is a poe that tries too hard or he is a total nutter. I tend to try to be optimistic about people so I'm going with my first theory till I'm disproven.

I will state that he believes what he says and says what every fundementalist Calvinist says. The moderate Calvinsits believe the same they are more cordial though and less judgmental. I tell you what do a google for Calvinist forum and go debating.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:robj101

TGBaker wrote:

robj101 wrote:

I will state that he believes what he says and says what every fundementalist Calvinist says. The moderate Calvinsits believe the same they are more cordial though and less judgmental. I tell you what do a google for Calvinist forum and go debating.

The way he makes it sound he is the only one who pleases his "god" and as we all know god is really the person.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:ah, ok.

beardedinlair wrote:

The medication in question is a very powerful (and potentially dangerous) mood stabiliser, that's supposed to limit the severity of his bipolar disorder.

So yes, it's as close to "bliss" as he's likely to get.

Of course it's not very easy for a religious person to admit that pharmacology has succeeded where prayer has failed, so denial gets kicked into overdrive.

As for him being happy.....well, if he is, than that seems to depend on him regularly expressing his contempt for people who've done nothing more than try to talk to him.

Also, he seems to have a desperate need for "enemies", and if we don't feel like playing that role, he gets quite upset.

All in all, I see nothing there to be envious about, but that's just me.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
  I'm 99% certain that

I'm 99% certain that Jean is an actual nutjob. I mocked him the first week he was here, and he has held a grudge against me ever since. Poe's don't hold grudges that long, because a poe would have appreciated the comedy. It takes true xtian loving to get that mad at some good natured ribbing. 

Respectfully,

Beyond Saving

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I still think he's a two way

I still think he's a two way poe. Might be a poe to himself too lol.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:  I'm

Beyond Saving wrote:

I'm 99% certain that Jean is an actual nutjob. I mocked him the first week he was here, and he has held a grudge against me ever since. Poe's don't hold grudges that long, because a poe would have appreciated the comedy. It takes true xtian loving to get that mad at some good natured ribbing. 

Respectfully,

Beyond Saving

I  believe John Calvin ( Jean Cauvin mdidle French ) to be a Reformed or Presbyterian Bible College product: Zombie

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Too many possibilities. If I

Too many possibilities. If I were a poe I would not post in a thread like this I would lay back and watch. (this is now officially bunk because I said it) If I were not a poe I would probably have posted early and laughed at people for thinking I was a poe. Or it could be the op who knows we are on teh internetz after all and he does talk him up nicely. he could be the real deal too, people like this do exist. I don't know how they make it through society but then again there are people I know who puzzle me and yet seem to make it just fine.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:  I'm

Beyond Saving wrote:

I'm 99% certain that Jean is an actual nutjob.  

I have to take back what I said, earlier. It appears that people can be this absolutely out of their minds, batshit crazy.

These fucktards are doing us a service, however.

They're preaching straight from the bible, and really underlining what an insane manifesto, it really is.

The Westboro Baptists are raging against everyone, including other Judeo Christian 'believers', who aren't 5 point Calvinists.

Here's an 8 part series on these people. It's completely disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmIr9P-vkSQ

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Beyond Saving

redneF wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I have to take back what I said, earlier. It appears that people can be this absolutely out of their minds, batshit crazy.

They're preaching straight from the bible, and really underlining what an insane manifesto, it really is.

The Westboro Baptists are raging against everyone, including other Judeo Christian 'believers', who aren't 5 point Calvinists.

Finally someone who is understanding how fucked up Calvinism is.  TULIP is mental dysfunction when believed.  Look at Calvin and see what he did to Servetus.  It is even sicker than regular fundementalism and Jean Cauvin is John Calvin on RRS. He's simply using the middle French name.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:redneF

TGBaker wrote:

redneF wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Finally someone who is understanding how fucked up Calvinism is.  TULIP is mental dysfunction when believed.  Look at Calvin and see what he did to Servetus.  It is even sicker than regular fundementalism and Jean Cauvin is John Calvin on RRS. He's simply using the middle French name.

All religion is pretty fucked up when it comes down to it. I'm an equal opportunity basher when it comes to ridiculous man made ideology.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:redneF

TGBaker wrote:

redneF wrote:

People really need to watch the whole series on these people.

I've seen bits and pieces on them doing the "God hates Fags' thing at funerals, but you really need to see that Fred Phelps dude, when he's interviewed. The guy is walking, talking, living, breathing, hatred.

If you want to know what evil looks like, it's him.

It's really disturbing to see the perma smile drone look on the kids as they're being interviewed.

Seriously disturbing...

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote: Seriously

redneF wrote:

Seriously disturbing...

So is jesus camp.

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:... Or it

robj101 wrote:

... Or it could be the op who knows we are on teh internetz after all and he does talk him up nicely.

Confused. op is original poster, right? Did I talk him up nicely? If I read that correctly, my goal wasn't to talk him up, it was to try and understand the motivation behind the drivel.

and yes, I was trying to poke the bear and get a response out of him. I'd like to ask him some questions. Such as:

1. What is more important, what happens, or what you remember?

2. Which has more relevance, what is real, or how you feel about something?

and etc.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:robj101

beardedinlair wrote:

robj101 wrote:

... Or it could be the op who knows we are on teh internetz after all and he does talk him up nicely.

Confused. op is original poster, right? Did I talk him up nicely? If I read that correctly, my goal wasn't to talk him up, it was to try and understand the motivation behind the drivel.

and yes, I was trying to poke the bear and get a response out of him. I'd like to ask him some questions. Such as:

1. What is more important, what happens, or what you remember?

2. Which has more relevance, what is real, or how you feel about something?

and etc.

Yes you give him way more credit than anyone here has or probably would,  I think it is a possibility you could be the same person. Not saying you are it's just possible.

It could be me too, I have been away for some time and I only came back recently so take my option with a ladle of salt if you like.

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
Probably my nature to play

Probably my nature to play Devil's advocate, with Jean being the Devil in this case. I can argue the case for God sometimes also, even though personally I find the concept offensive, that so many adults need that sort of fairy tale.

I recently got a girl to sleep with me by proving in the bible it happened all the time. I do owe her dad fifty sheckels now...

Anyone got the conversion rate for a sheckel?

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, you asked for it, I'm

Ok, you asked for it, I'm going to try. Ok, this is me as Jean:

Dear redrob(in)

What you and the other atheist have done here is a classic case of transferal. You call your god Atheism, and Sapien is your messiah. You don't realize in your absurd misguided search for the Truth is that Sapien does not have the Word, and can only lead you the burning eternal fires of Hell. Sapien is not an anti-theist, he is an anti-christ.

For, if you read the bible and knew the Truth you would know that the Anti christ is not an individual, it is anyone who does not believe in Christ. So, you are all anti-christs. 1 John 4:1-3 And Sapien is the head false teacher.

But please, email me and I will educate your more.

(out of character:some kind of crazed insult here, I can't bring myself to do it...)

Respectfully (but not really),

Jean

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:Anyone

beardedinlair wrote:

A shekel is approx. 11 grams, so you have 550 grams of coin. Assuming about 60% (this is a guess based on silver content of ancient Roman coins) of it was silver that leaves you 330 grams of silver. That gives you approx. 10.6 ounces of silver. Silver is about $39/ounce so you owe him $413.40.

That was a fun excuse not to do anything productive.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:Ok, you

beardedinlair wrote:

Ok, you asked for it, I'm going to try. Ok, this is me as Jean:

Dear redrob(in)

What you and the other atheist have done here is a classic case of transferal. You call your god Atheism, and Sapien is your messiah. You don't realize in your absurd misguided search for the Truth is that Sapien does not have the Word, and can only lead you the burning eternal fires of Hell. Sapien is not an anti-theist, he is an anti-christ.

For, if you read the bible and knew the Truth you would know that the Anti christ is not an individual, it is anyone who does not believe in Christ. So, you are all anti-christs. 1 John 4:1-3 And Sapien is the head false teacher.

But please, email me and I will educate your more.

(out of character:some kind of crazed insult here, I can't bring myself to do it...)

Respectfully (but not really),

Jean

Now look what you've done, I'm going to have to sit here and quiver in anticipation all day long. Thanks!

Seriously though does it bother you? lol

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
What did i do? Does what

What did i do? Does what bother me?

Confused again. But it was fun pretending to be Jean, very easy. First, circular logic, i.e. the proof is the proof. Then I made a point and then contradicted myself, i.e. there is no antichrist, but Sapien is the antichrist, in effect.

Throw in some subtle insults, and patronization and you have Jean. Like I said, more of a characterization than a valid worldview.

And why is he ignoring this thread? Ahem. Let me get back in character:

Dear bear dead in a cave,

You are simply absurd and beneath my notice. Only those of lesser minds would even bother replying to you.

Rejectively,

Jean

Edit:I just realized my punctuation, spelling, and grammar are too well crafted to actually be riht for the character.

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

beardedinlair wrote:

A shekel is approx. 11 grams, so you have 550 grams of coin. Assuming about 60% (this is a guess based on silver content of ancient Roman coins) of it was silver that leaves you 330 grams of silver. That gives you approx. 10.6 ounces of silver. Silver is about $39/ounce so you owe him $413.40.

That was a fun excuse not to do anything productive.

Wow. Christian prostitution as advocated by the bible is expensive.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Wow silver has really gone

Wow silver has really gone up. Seems like I got just 18$ per ounce a few years back.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: Wow silver

robj101 wrote:

Wow silver has really gone up. Seems like I got just 18$ per ounce a few years back.

Yeah, it was below $20 two years ago so she would have only cost a couple hundred back than. In 2001 it was below $5 so she would have cost a mere $55 or so. Silver would have been a good investment. And IMO will continue to be a good investment for another 2 years or so. 

Right now it is profitable to liquidate any old coins you have. So if you have any old nickels, dimes, quarters or half dollars I would recommend checking the dates. Coins made pre 1965 tend to have silver values significantly higher than their face value. Even newly minted nickels are worth slightly more for their silver than their face value (your nickel's are actually worth about 6 cents). Older coins can be worth anywhere from $2-$7 a piece, with half dollars and dollars much more. 

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Reminds me of this:Wiki

Reminds me of this:

Wiki wrote:

Brothers Nelson Bunker Hunt and William Herbert Hunt attempted to corner the world silver markets in the late 1970s and early 1980s, at one stage holding the rights to more than half of the world's deliverable silver.[3] During the Hunts' accumulation of the precious metal, silver prices rose from $11 an ounce in September 1979 to nearly $50 an ounce in January 1980.[4] Silver prices ultimately collapsed to below $11 an ounce two months later,[4] much of the fall occurring on a single day now known as Silver Thursday, due to changes made to exchange rules regarding the purchase of commodities on margin.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornering_the_market

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology