Theist lay out your evidence.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theist lay out your evidence.

I'm actually sick of trying to debate christians, it's boring and it always comes down to faith or "I just want to believe it" in the end. I do however have an interest in folks who say things like "a series of events occured that made me go to jesus". What events? Any theists care to share this "evidence"? I can only assume they take it as evidence because it seems to make them believe this stuff and for me it would take real evidence.

So what exactly happened in your life that made you believe? I'm hoping to hear something that can't actually be attributed to chance or hard work but I imagine this little thread will die off quickly.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:1) A2)

butterbattle wrote:

1) A

2) A

3) A

It looks like you're a lot more knowledgeable regarding philosophy and logic than I am. But, regardless of how knowledgeable you are, the result of your discussion will be the same as mine. Lol.

qft

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Wowzers1

robj101 wrote:

Wowzers1 wrote:

I don't loath, I rejoice -- I'm a prince in the family of God. What's so bad about that?

You rejoice because? God hates you but he loves you and has promised to redeem you from the sinful nature he gave you? Well isn't that awesome, and quite handy too /insert circle here ( )

You are quickly degenerating into a fonzie.

Thanks for picking that one up robj101. I was fast trying to come up with the most descriptive "HUH?" I could come up with.

Prince in the family god... wow.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:robj101

marcusfish wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Wowzers1 wrote:

I don't loath, I rejoice -- I'm a prince in the family of God. What's so bad about that?

You rejoice because? God hates you but he loves you and has promised to redeem you from the sinful nature he gave you? Well isn't that awesome, and quite handy too /insert circle here ( )

You are quickly degenerating into a fonzie.

Thanks for picking that one up robj101. I was fast trying to come up with the most descriptive "HUH?" I could come up with.

Prince in the family god... wow.

Yea, it's all part of that desire to be "special" and to have some great purpose, though basicly being a pet doesn't seem like all that great of a purpose to me. Being a part of the universes self discovery is way better.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Charlie Chaplin

Hi,

Quote:
To have faith requires some reason

faith is the means for reason since reason exists upon the Being of God. As a result, it would be valid to say that one cannot reason apart from faith.

Anselm said,

Quote:
Credo Ut Intelligum

I believe in order to understand (know or reason).

Also, butterball and others have to define what they mean by faith. They're faith of atheism or naturalism is not the same faith as Christian faith.

This post has a lot of unanswered ambiguity.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).