Their worst nightmare....

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Their worst nightmare....

Not that it's not apparent that they're desperate to try and stand 'toe to toe' and that they're willing to try and fight out of their weight class, but you can see that they are 'conditioned' to simply 'See red'  when a person too intelligent to join their cult, comes along, or is simply living their life oblivious to their fears.

I found this quote which appears to belong to Martin Luther:

"When the devil wants to cause offense against the true doctrine and faith, he does not do so through insignificant people, who do not rate highly with the world, but through those who are the very best, the wisest, the holiest, and the most learned."  Martin Luther

So, it's actually a backhanded compliment when they come nipping at your heels.

If that's any consolation...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Not that it's

redneF wrote:

Not that it's not apparent that they're desperate to try and stand 'toe to toe' and that they're willing to try and fight out of their weight class, but you can see that they are 'conditioned' to simply 'See red'  when a person too intelligent to join their cult, comes along, or is simply living their life oblivious to their fears.

I found this quote which appears to belong to Martin Luther:

"When the devil wants to cause offense against the true doctrine and faith, he does not do so through insignificant people, who do not rate highly with the world, but through those who are the very best, the wisest, the holiest, and the most learned."  Martin Luther

So, it's actually a backhanded compliment when they come nipping at your heels.

If that's any consolation...

It is a mere reflection of human insecurity and narcissism.

This mentality is born out of our species REAL evolution of a drive for resources. When others compete and get to the same level or higher level, it is seen as a threat to their status.

He is merely saying "I don't like others competing with me".

Labels of political party or religion or BOTH are merely artificial human constructs as placebos that allow us to ignore the fact that the reality is that we compete and we don't like having our resources or status threatened.

Where problems are solved in human conflict are when we are unafraid of testing even our own claims and when overlap is found beyond our own personal bias.

Deity claims, past and present, polytheist and modern monotheism, are merely the comic book version of politics rooted in the utopia of wishful thinking. Until our species gets over this division in our species will continue to plague humanity.

The monochromatic absolute dogmatism of the god of Abraham in all three, is as oppressive to human dignity as Kim Jong Ill and the Imams who control Iran. It is the same mentality "My way or the highway" under a Orwellian 1984 iron fisted rule.

Kim Jong Ill is called "Dear leader"

The God of Abraham is also a dictator.

There is no such thing as a loving dictator.

I could not do to my x-wife what Kim Jong Ill does to his citizens. I could not do to my x-wife, in Jeans utopia model as a claim, according to him, what he claims his god will do to me.

I loved my wife enough to let her go. I could not force her to stay, and I could not beat the shit out of her forever for leaving me.

I do not find any OBEY ME OR ELSE mentality conducive to any healthy relationship.

Kim Jong Ill, "Obey me or else"

Allah, "Obey me or else"

Yahweh "Obey me or else"

Jesus, "Obey me or else"

There is absolutely nothing kind or loving about use of threats as a form of governance nor is it a form of good leadership.

This is merely Jeans own fucked up infantile psychology "I wont be happy unless I am the center of attention"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
how is this the "their worst

how is this the "their worst nightmare"?

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:how is this the

Ciarin wrote:

my sig, lol

edit: which for some reason only shows up half the time... reads 

"Don't seek these laws to understand, only the mad can comprehend."

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where did you dig that one

Where did you dig that one up?

Wow, it truly is a compliment in its own right.

Makes me proud to be an atheist all over again.

peace,

mr. O

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:Where did

mrOriginal wrote:

peace,

mr. O

I wouldn't read too much into it, it takes all kinds, I don't consider myself one of the elite lol.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:how is this the

Ciarin wrote:

The church obviously doesn't like smart people, or free thinkers. Wasn't the 'Original Sin' when Eve took a bite of an apple from the 'Tree of Knowledge'?

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:Where did

mrOriginal wrote:

peace,

mr. O

I don't like the word "proud". I agree with you, but I would say "lucky to have escaped a mundane mind trap"

"proud" is a conflated word to symbolize sense of self worth. Now, of course self worth is important, otherwise we wouldn't evolve as a species to want to make offspring.

I feel lucky to have escaped the myth I believed in in the past. But I am just as human as those who do have a deity belief and just as capable of every range of human emotions and actions our entire species has evolved to have.

I may feel better that I don't have the baggage others may have, but pride is a pedestal others seek to knock you off of. The only thing that makes one right, is not how they "feel" but what they can show others beyond their own personal bias.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:mrOriginal

Brian37 wrote:

mrOriginal wrote:

peace,

mr. O

I don't like the word "proud". I agree with you, but I would say "lucky to have escaped a mundane mind trap"

"proud" is a conflated word to symbolize sense of self worth.

I agree with you.

Not deviating from skepticism is a powerful strategy. Knowledge and awareness are the ultimate enlightenment. The power and liberty to choose, reigns supreme in our own self preservation and happiness, and avoidance from tyranny.

We can find great pleasure and comfort in these.

It's not about self worth, at all. It's about being content and serene.