The Most Obvious Thing

Presuppositionalist
Theist
Presuppositionalist's picture
Posts: 344
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
The Most Obvious Thing

Atheists like to switch up their standards of evidence in mid conversation.

So, I have a solution.

Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

That is all.

Q: Why didn't you address (post x) that I made in response to you nine minutes ago???

A: Because I have (a) a job, (b) familial obligations, (c) social obligations, and (d) probably a lot of other atheists responded to the same post you did, since I am practically the token Christian on this site now. Be patient, please.


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
I'm holding a mouse.

I'm holding a mouse.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Presuppositionalist
Theist
Presuppositionalist's picture
Posts: 344
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:I'm holding

mellestad wrote:

I'm holding a mouse.

Computer mouse or live mouse?


RatDog
atheistSilver Member
Posts: 562
Joined: 2008-11-14
User is offlineOffline
 The Computer I'm typing on

 The Computer I'm typing on exists.  


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Matt Slick is a douche.

Matt Slick is a douche.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
People at baseball games

People at baseball games like to eat hotdogs.

 

 

 


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4623
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 God doesn't exist.

 God doesn't exist.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: God

Beyond Saving wrote:

 God doesn't exist.

 


TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
Posts: 1367
Joined: 2011-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Atheists like to switch up their standards of evidence in mid conversation.

So, I have a solution.

Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

That is all.

there is no all loving all powerful all good and all knowing god because evil and suffering exists

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Atheists like to switch up their standards of evidence in mid conversation.

Sounds like every argument I've ever had with a theist.  You sure you weren't looking in the mirror as you typed that?

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
Posts: 80
Joined: 2011-02-26
User is offlineOffline
A group of Catholic Priests

A group of Catholic Priests got together to drink wine, and decide what gospels to include in the New Testament.  Discarding all those that..

1. Couldn't make them money.

2. Would let people worship God without a priest. Negating the need for the "priestly medium."

3. Displayed anything else that they didn't like that wouldn't benefit the clergy, or Ruler of the time period who needed control of the masses. (divine right)

4. That depicted the life of Jesus as a child, or any of his direct teachings.

 

 

The bible you freaks love so much, was tailored to suit you.  What you believe as truth, is only half truth.....but in reality...no truth exists whatsoever in your man made scriptures.  Not to mention translated and translated and translated by corrupt, greedy human beings.

 

Feel free to mislead yourself.  But you can offer no truth, or any evidence whatsoever that could ever validate the divinty of your Jesus, or your pathetic, contradictory Bible.

 

mr. O

 

 

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5877
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Atheists like to switch up their standards of evidence in mid conversation.

So, I have a solution.

Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

That is all.

In all seriousness, the most obvious thing, as I look around, listen to and watch the news, consider what I have personally seen and experienced in many different cultures around the world, is that God is an idea invented by primitive people to 'explain' what they could not understand, no more.

The very idea you are expressing proves you have no conception of reality or logic.

The realities of life and existence make far more sense without positing a God, which now only introduces something even harder to explain than everything else.

The Problem of Evil demolishes any logical claim that there is a benevolent God, and the existence of a God is harder to explain than the existence of Life and the Universe.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
Posts: 862
Joined: 2009-08-06
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:
Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

 

You're joking, right? Because I smell some non-sequitur arguments coming if you make this assertion.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5877
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
ubuntuAnyone

ubuntuAnyone wrote:

Presuppositionalist wrote:
Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

 

You're joking, right? Because I smell some non-sequitur arguments coming if you make this assertion.

It would have to be something on the level of the OA or TAG, ie No Evidence Required.

He is a "presuppositionalist" after all, so this is what one would expect - he has had plenty of time to 'perfect' his 'arguments' on how to show that everything points to 'God'.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:.. he has

BobSpence1 wrote:

.. he has had plenty of time to 'perfect' his 'arguments' on how to show that everything points to 'God'.

Meh....I call it 'polishing on a turd'.

What I'd like to know is when they stopped saying 'Abracadabra'...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5877
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
redneF wrote:BobSpence1

redneF wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

.. he has had plenty of time to 'perfect' his 'arguments' on how to show that everything points to 'God'.

Meh....I call it 'polishing on a turd'.

What I'd like to know is when they stopped saying 'Abracadabra'...

Hmmm, 'polishing a turd', trouble is that is actually possible. Jamie Hyneman did it on a Mythbusters episode.

If you have had time to make up your own 'axioms', and your own special 'logic', you can 'prove' anything.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Hmmm,

BobSpence1 wrote:

Hmmm, 'polishing a turd', trouble is that is actually possible. Jamie Hyneman did it on a Mythbusters episode.

So, I guess the premises are 'true', then? ...

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Ok then.

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

That is all.

 

Evil.

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
ummm...

Presuppositionalist wrote:
Atheists like to switch up their standards of evidence in mid conversation.

Remove the A from that first word and you would be correct!

Presuppositionalist wrote:
Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

That is all.

Ok, that's easy!

All the evidence points to no gods existing. Ok, how do you get god exists from that?

 

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

mellestad wrote:

I'm holding a mouse.

Computer mouse or live mouse?

 

Does it matter to where you're going with this?

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
I can do that, too!1. God

I can do that, too!
1. God exists.
2. The thing you stated that I must use to prove God.
3. Therefore God exists!

Why am I allowed to state 1, you may ask. It is because I presuppose it.


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
He's psychic!

Thunderios wrote:
I can do that, too!
1. God exists.
2. The thing you stated that I must use to prove God.
3. Therefore God exists!

Why am I allowed to state 1, you may ask. It is because I presuppose it.

You're psychic!

If I was a gambler, the odds of this being a spot on assessment would not be something I would bet money against.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4623
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
mellestad

mellestad wrote:

Presuppositionalist wrote:

mellestad wrote:

I'm holding a mouse.

Computer mouse or live mouse?

 

Does it matter to where you're going with this?

 

It matters a lot. I prefer my kittens to be fed on live mice and birds. When they eat too much tuna they start tasting a little fishy. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Presuppositionalist wrote:

mellestad wrote:

I'm holding a mouse.

Computer mouse or live mouse?

 

Does it matter to where you're going with this?

 

It matters a lot. I prefer my kittens to be fed on live mice and birds. When they eat too much tuna they start tasting a little fishy. 

You should probably try less animal protein in their diet.  That, and mushroom sauce.  Some people just love that gamey flavor though...

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Presuppostitionalist

Hello,

I too as a presuppostitionalist. That is the correct way to argue. Actually, ALL people are presuppostitionalist. I take it you are a Van Tilian?

Anyway, these people on here are absurd. They hate God so much, any logic you throw at them they start convulsions, foaming often occurs in the mouth, and then, more times then I'd like to admit, they become nutty nuts by eating insulation foam in their walls.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly

Answer a fool according to his folly

Proverbs 26

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

I too as a presuppostitionalist. That is the correct way to argue. Actually, ALL people are presuppostitionalist. I take it you are a Van Tilian?

Anyway, these people on here are absurd. They hate God so much, any logic you throw at them they start convulsions, foaming often occurs in the mouth, and then, more times then I'd like to admit, they become nutty nuts by eating insulation foam in their walls.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly

Answer a fool according to his folly

Proverbs 26

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I'd like to see what you describe Jean. You'd have to start throwing logic at people first...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
@op

You're full of shit.

 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

I too as a presuppostitionalist. That is the correct way to argue. Actually, ALL people are presuppostitionalist. I take it you are a Van Tilian?

Anyway, these people on here are absurd. They hate God so much, any logic you throw at them they start convulsions, foaming often occurs in the mouth, and then, more times then I'd like to admit, they become nutty nuts by eating insulation foam in their walls.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly

Answer a fool according to his folly

Proverbs 26

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I think Jean may be volunteering "presuppostitionalism" for your little experiment. 

(However, there's a slight possibility that he may just be yanking your chain )


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13759
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Jean

Anonymouse wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

I too as a presuppostitionalist. That is the correct way to argue. Actually, ALL people are presuppostitionalist. I take it you are a Van Tilian?

Anyway, these people on here are absurd. They hate God so much, any logic you throw at them they start convulsions, foaming often occurs in the mouth, and then, more times then I'd like to admit, they become nutty nuts by eating insulation foam in their walls.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly

Answer a fool according to his folly

Proverbs 26

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I think Jean may be volunteering "presuppostitionalism" for your little experiment. 

(However, there's a slight possibility that he may just be yanking your chain )

Once again, we do not hate fictional beings any more than you can hate Lex Luthor.

We hate your claims and arguments and YOU. Nothing else.

Presupositionalist isn't an arrogant troll like you even if his arguments and claims are still in the same boat as yours. As they would be if you were arguing for Allah or Vishnu or pink unicorns.

You are merely a tiny toad of a brat who cannot stand that someone doesn't believe in your god.

Here is what we do here, including calling your god a monster.

YOU, "I claim x is true"

Me, "This is my criticism of that claim"

IF you truly believe that your god will beat the shit out of anyone who tries to leave him, that is a horrible claim.

Go look up the definition of "dictator" it matches up quite well with authoritarian one person rule you claim your god has.

ONLY AS A CLAIM. I do not hate fictional beings. I do hate you as an individual.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3680
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Just state the most obvious *thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

 

   

      *Presuppositionalist Christian Trolls...

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4623
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Peanut

redneF wrote:

Peanut butter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXfAduDQpn0

 

 

Lol, someone needs to buy him a microscope. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5877
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Mr Presup seems to have

Mr Presup seems to have given up? Called away? Chickened out?

Meh..

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Atheists like to switch up their standards of evidence in mid conversation.

So, I have a solution.

Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

That is all.

 

I always wake up with a boner.

 

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote: I always wake

redneF wrote:
 

I always wake up with a boner.

 

 

Lol that's pretty funny.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13759
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
redneF

redneF wrote:

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Atheists like to switch up their standards of evidence in mid conversation.

So, I have a solution.

Just state the most obvious thing, and I will prove that God exists from it.

That is all.

 

I always wake up with a boner.

 

 

Phone sex goes in, harassment suit goes out,

Delusions go into his brain, bullshit goes out

Fox News is proof evolution is fact, because if it sought perfection, as theists falsely claimed, idiots like O'Crappy shouldn't exist.

Evolution isn't about humans being an apex. I would kill myself if god were real and this would be the best representation humanity had to offer.

Since the reality is that life is a crap shoot, the biology will produce crap. And thus Fox News and fuckwads like O'Reily exist.

Fortunately for humanity it also produces people like Neil Degrees Tyson to counter such bullshit.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Evolution

Brian37 wrote:

Evolution isn't about humans being an apex. I would kill myself if god were real and this would be the best representation humanity had to offer.

Here's a good morning scream from Bill...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0VEFUXymIo&feature=related

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

I know you like to say that you don't believe in God, thus you don't hate God. But the problem with this, is that you are a liar because you've been deceived.

The Bible says you know of Him. Specifically, via his general revelation, and due to to the imago dei. Thus, you deny what you know, thus you are a walking absurdity with legs.

And that's what God has designed for you. Thus His wrath against you will be 100% fair in everyway. You will be Bar-B-que Brian that gets burnt

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5877
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean, if we have been

Jean, if we have been deceived, then we are not lying, we are just wrong. 

A lie is an intentionally false statement.

Yet another example that you lack basic reading comprehension and understanding, as when you confuse 'logos' (the Word) with Logic.

Either that, or you are a lying Poe.

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

I know you like to say that you don't believe in God, thus you don't hate God. But the problem with this, is that you are a liar because you've been deceived.

The Bible says you know of Him. Specifically, via his general revelation, and due to to the imago dei. Thus, you deny what you know, thus you are a walking absurdity with legs.

And that's what God has designed for you. Thus His wrath against you will be 100% fair in everyway. You will be Bar-B-que Brian that gets burnt

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

So...

We know of God because he has revealed himself to us but...

we don't believe in him because he has chosen to deceive us through his agent Satan and...

even if we did believe in God it wouldn't matter unless we are of the elect.

Yeah, yeah. That's the ticket.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi JCG

Hi JCG,

You know God since you are God's image (diluted though). And yes, God may have made you as a Vessel of Wrath (Romans 9:22). But you won'tknow until judgment day.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5877
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi JCG,

You know God since you are God's image (diluted though). And yes, God may have made you as a Vessel of Wrath (Romans 9:22). But you won'tknow until judgment day.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Jean, are primates 'made in God's image'? Presumably a bit more 'diluted'...

If not, why not?

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi JCG,

You know God since you are God's image (diluted though). And yes, God may have made you as a Vessel of Wrath (Romans 9:22). But you won'tknow until judgment day.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

So you are admitting that

1. Your religion is self contradictory

2. You don't know your status either.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi BOB

Hi Bob,

Primates are not the image of God because they do not have souls. The soul is a core feature of the image of God. That soul came into man when God breathed and thus gave him life.

This is why man has dominion over the animals and earth and why we are then logically not animals, but rule over the animals.

To say you are an animal is just another funny thing about being an atheist. comedy big time.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5877
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Bob,

Primates are not the image of God because they do not have souls. The soul is a core feature of the image of God. That soul came into man when God breathed and thus gave him life.

This is why man has dominion over the animals and earth and why we are then logically not animals, but rule over the animals.

To say you are an animal is just another funny thing about being an atheist. comedy big time.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Ok, some progress.

How do you know animals do not have souls?

I mean via logical argument and/or empirical evidence, not just regurgitating some ancient scribe's claim as recorded in scripture ( 'argument from authority' fallacy).

Primates display altruism and a sense of fairness, and recognize themselves in a mirror.

What are the indications of possessing a 'soul'?

I too can be patient...

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Jean

BobSpence1 wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Bob,

Primates are not the image of God because they do not have souls. The soul is a core feature of the image of God. That soul came into man when God breathed and thus gave him life.

This is why man has dominion over the animals and earth and why we are then logically not animals, but rule over the animals.

To say you are an animal is just another funny thing about being an atheist. comedy big time.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Ok, some progress.

How do you know animals do not have souls?

I mean via logical argument and/or empirical evidence, not just regurgitating some ancient scribe's claim as recorded in scripture ( 'argument from authority' fallacy).

Primates display altruism and a sense of fairness, and recognize themselves in a mirror.

What are the indications of possessing a 'soul'?

I too can be patient...

So animals (without souls and not in the image of God) exhibit more moral behavior than God, the giver of souls?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13759
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote: is that you are a

Quote:
is that you are a liar because you've been deceived.

Sorry Fido, superstitious fictional boogiemen don't frighten me. Your childish attempts to frighten me don't work.

I have not been deceived. You have deceived yourself because of your own delusional wishful thinking.

What's the matter Fido, don't like people like me pulling back the curtain exposing your lie?

How does it feel to be property Fido?

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Bob,

Primates are not the image of God because they do not have souls. The soul is a core feature of the image of God. That soul came into man when God breathed and thus gave him life.

This is why man has dominion over the animals and earth and why we are then logically not animals, but rule over the animals.

To say you are an animal is just another funny thing about being an atheist. comedy big time.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

To say you are the special creation of an invisible man is the comedy, but it's pretty stale now.

Image of god, where are the frills? A superbeing would have frills damnitt!

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Primates

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Primates are not the image of God because they do not have souls. The soul is a core feature of the image of God. That soul came into man when God breathed and thus gave him life.

This is why man has dominion over the animals and earth and why we are then logically not animals, but rule over the animals.

Patently False.

Only our intelligence and adaptability is what allows humans (under certain very special circumstances ) to not be absolutely incapable of resisting imminent death by thousands and thousands of different biological life.

There's virtually no biological life, that could (under certain circumstances) not kill us, easily.

We are not 'bulletproof', or very 'robust' in comparison to many forms of biological life on earth.

Not by a longshot.

If our core temperature fluctuates outside a small range, we die.

We can even die very easily from overhydration.

We can die instantly, from high decibel levels of mere sound pressure waves in the air.

Our bodies cannot withstand even moderate pressures (PSI), electricity, or centrifugal force.

Not to mention, our 5 senses pale in comparison to many animals, as well as our strength to size ratio.

 

A Human is NOT exceptional, or even noteworthy, in many, many ways.

Which is why machines are much, much more productive for everything, from the most basic, to the most difficult and demanding tasks.

 

Sorry, Jean Jean, you really are myopic and retarded...

And masochistic.

You keep getting humiliated and abused, and you just keep coming back for more.

You are certifiably emotionally and mentally dysfunctional to an alarming degree.

 

Maybe one day you'll even manage to be as smart as a 5th grader...

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hi Bob,

Since empiricism has been proven via adhominem via the empiricists themselves (e.g. David Hume), then why would I use something that is a failure in its attempts towards knowing.

The psyche and nepheesh for soul is only used humans. Bios is used for animals. bios just means they have life, while the Greek and Hebrew specifically point to man having a soul.

And God breathed into man, not into monkeys or Kangaroos. Unless he brethed into animals in the book of Hezekiah? Look it up in Hezekiah.

LOL.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5877
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Bob,

Since empiricism has been proven via adhominem via the empiricists themselves (e.g. David Hume), then why would I use something that is a failure in its attempts towards knowing.

The psyche and nepheesh for soul is only used humans. Bios is used for animals. bios just means they have life, while the Greek and Hebrew specifically point to man having a soul.

And God breathed into man, not into monkeys or Kangaroos. Unless he brethed into animals in the book of Hezekiah? Look it up in Hezekiah.

LOL.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

"Proven via ad Hominem"? WTF do you mean by that?

Empiricism doesn't need to be 'proven' or 'disproven'. It works quite adequately enough to have allowed the continual development of knowledge which allows the design and construction of the computer and the infrastructure you are using to communicate with us.

Non-empirical, non-evidence-based assumptions and intuitions are not worth the air it takes to voice them.

Words used for 'soul' and related areas are obviously used by people who believe in the reality of the 'soul', but what has that to do with proving that the assumed fundamental difference between humans and animals is more than a naive prejudice, other than in obvious matters of degree of mental faculties?

Simply stating that many, or most people still believe in the fundamental distinction between us and our distant cousins in the 'animal' world, is a 'D'uh'. We knew that.

Serious study of many 'higher' species has continued to reveal we have far more in common with other life-forms than has traditionally been believed, even among scientists.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology