What is a 'Consistent Atheist', Jean?

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
What is a 'Consistent Atheist', Jean?

 

Borrowed from another thread:

 

Hi Sandy,

I understand your position since you are an atheist. But I've been arguing this since I got here. A consistent atheist is a screw up. They have no morals.

Dan Barker from FFRF says he BORROWS the morals from Christianity (more like steals). Which demonstates that atheism is an empty void of nothing. It's like Nietche nihilism.

Now, I speak of consistent atheists. This actually makes me sad. But it is my argument and Jimmy is the 2nd example on here to demonstate my point.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Okay, Jean, I'll bite.

1) What's the difference between a 'consistent atheist' and an atheist?

2) What makes you think that atheists borrow their morals from christianity?

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2929
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Quote: Thus

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Thus you are a piece of garbage since you have no meaning, purpose, or worth in atheism.

And this is supposed to appeal to us to buy the product you are trying to sell us?

We give our own lives meaning, we don't need a fictional cosmic child beater like you do to  tell us what our meaning should be. We are adults, you are stuck in fantasy land.

You are the only piece of garbage here.

 

 

Actually yea, it is.  They want to destroy the ego so they can lay their hideous little parasite in the place where a person's sense of self worth lived.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Sandy,

For there to be worth, there must be a universal objective. Since atheism fails at universals, then atheism has no objectives. Thus you are a piece of garbage since you have no meaning, purpose, or worth in atheism.

Only in Chrisitanity via universal objectives can we say you have worth. You can have all the fantasy you want about your egocentric worldview, but it is , what it is. Evil, selfish, and worthless.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

The meaning and purpose of life is what we make of it with what we are given at birth.

Just like all biological life on Earth, when the body dies it will rot away to become fodder for the next life that ingests it. If you want the purpose of your life to be based on an imaginary father figure, you are entitled... but, just think about all you will have wasted in the process. - especially all of the time you waste obsessing over a non reality.

Too sad to think about.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Brian37

mellestad wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Thus you are a piece of garbage since you have no meaning, purpose, or worth in atheism.

And this is supposed to appeal to us to buy the product you are trying to sell us?

We give our own lives meaning, we don't need a fictional cosmic child beater like you do to  tell us what our meaning should be. We are adults, you are stuck in fantasy land.

You are the only piece of garbage here.

 

 

Actually yea, it is.  They want to destroy the ego so they can lay their hideous little parasite in the place where a person's sense of self worth lived.

Once a body is infected with this 'eggo', the body's worth becomes secondary to this 'eggo'?

Sounds familiar in concept.

Go figure...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Brian37

mellestad wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Thus you are a piece of garbage since you have no meaning, purpose, or worth in atheism.

And this is supposed to appeal to us to buy the product you are trying to sell us?

We give our own lives meaning, we don't need a fictional cosmic child beater like you do to  tell us what our meaning should be. We are adults, you are stuck in fantasy land.

You are the only piece of garbage here.

 

 

Actually yea, it is.  They want to destroy the ego so they can lay their hideous little parasite in the place where a person's sense of self worth lived.

Right, and when you point this out to them, they accuse you of trying to be god yourself. They never consider that there is no god, and humans are not gods either.

There is a difference between having self worth and being egotistical and narcissistic. The god of Abraham fictional character IS all about hm, and in that book it is always at the expense of the suffering of others.

It is the most horrible work of fiction invented by humans.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
Cat got your tongue

Cat got your tongue Jean?

Have you realized the error of your ways?

I was going over what you said earlier, trying to figure out what you mean by 'consistant atheist' and this absurdity jumped out at me:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Thus we see a consistent atheist is one that is ruthless. Hates everybody including himself. Kills people. Kills his family and children. Is basically somebody who is mentally insane.

However, it is very rare to find a consistent atheist....

Quote:
...More could be said, but I think you get that point. I hope you're not consistent.

Though it would be nice if more atheists were consistent so people could see atheist for it's true self.

You are saying that consistent atheists are very rare (according to your invented definition). Since they are rare, they are not representative of the entire atheist population - they are wacky minorities, like the fundies who blow up abortion clinics, right?

But, then you say it would be nice if more atheists were ruthless hate-mongering murderers - 'so people could see atheist for it's true self'.

Really? You wish there were more ruthless murders on the planet...just so you can attempt to prove your false accusations are true?

Doesn't this sound a bit sick to you? It does to me.

Instead, why don't you just admit that the majority of atheists are peace-loving, moral, upstanding members of society?

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
What did you expect

What did you expect Sandycane, he thinks hostage taking is a good form of governance and leadership.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
I think Jean is confused. I

I think Jean is confused. I also think Jean is questioning his own belief in god.

Someone told him that atheists are horrible people and he is finding out that we are not and he doesn't know how to handle that dilemma. His only plan of action is to say absurd things that he knows will get a rise out of us to the point of us getting angry with him - thus proving in his mind that we are angry people.  

 * My mother does something similar...I'll be in a good mood, enjoying the moment, and she'll come over and say something like, 'What's wrong with you? Why are you frowning?' Which will cause me to frown, wondering WTF she is talking about and she'll be satisfied that she just made me frown, proving her accusation was correct.

 

Of course, this is all speculation on my part based on a gut feeling and I could be wrong... but, I think we should increase our efforts in saving this poor deluded soul, don't you?

 

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
wow...

Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist wrote:
Since logically speaking, all knowledge and wisdom are dependant on God, then an atheist by definition is one who lacks knowledge and wisdom since they deny God's "existence" (or lack of believe crap from George Smith).

"Since logically speaking, all knowledge and wisdom are dependant on my imaginary friend, then an atheist by definition is one who lacks knowledge and wisdom since they deny my imaginary friend's "existence" (or lack of believe crap from George Smith)."

There, I fixed it for you!

Now on to the actual argument you make.

You use the phrase "deny god's existence" to imply that said fictional character exists and we are actively denying it. So do you actively "deny" the existence of all the other human gods that have been created in human minds in the very same way you claim we do to yours or do you simply not believe them to exist? By that you would be implying that all those other gods do in fact exist, which would mean you are not a true monotheist. If you simply do not think they exist as they are written, then you have proven that it is possible to simply lack a belief in a god. You do have to realize that you're not the only nut to claim there is some magical being(s) and that they believe it as much as you believe in your own delusion.

Plus, that whole "denying god's existence" wording is coming from the cultural programing that the writer of that statement came from. In a Hindu society, you would be "denying the existence" of their Krishna, instead of just not buying into their crap. For a guy who rails against cultural relativism, you sure can't separate yourself from your own!

Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist wrote:
This is why Postmodern atheism has crept into our culture like regarding Duchamp on art that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or on ethics, "To each their own." Or regarding knowledge "all is relative, there are no absolutes.

This is ridiculous...

I am an atheist. I know there is an objective reality. I also know that I'm viewing said reality through the sensory data that my brain compiles and therefore through a subjective perspective. Thinking that there is no objective reality and realizing that even though there is an objective reality we can only see it through the subjective "lens" of our mind are two different positions. You are too stupid to comprehend this massive difference and yet you parade your ego around here like it's something to be worshiped. Only a theist could be so disconnected from reality!

Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist wrote:
Thus we see a consistent atheist is one that is ruthless. Hates everybody including himself. Kills people. Kills his family and children. Is basically somebody who is mentally insane.

That would be a consistent atheist if, and only if, your god was real. Atheists don't fit your straw man description, which implies that there is no god and we are simply animals "created" by naturalistic evolution. Thanks for proving our point!

Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist wrote:
But most atheists like yourself are very very inconsistent. They are like Dan Barker, and they steal from Christianity regarding ethics (and everything else).

Actually, it's you Christians who have stolen secular morals, or do you think it's acceptable to own slaves, rape children, or commit genocide as an act of war? Those are the "morals" (if you can call them that) of the "Holy" Babble. If you don't think those practices are acceptable, then you have rejected the teachings of the book you profess faith in and you have stolen secular morals. If you think that those things are acceptable, congratulations, you have abandoned you humanity and give me more evidence that your a sociopath.

However you answer though, it doesn't change that fact that you're an asshat!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
wow, more evidence for my point

Jean Chauvinism,sociopathic emotional terrorist wrote:
Thus we see a consistent atheist is one that is ruthless. Hates everybody including himself. Kills people. Kills his family and children. Is basically somebody who is mentally insane.

However, it is very rare to find a consistent atheist....

...More could be said, but I think you get that point. I hope you're not consistent.

Though it would be nice if more atheists were consistent so people could see atheist for it's true self.

So you want more people to kill, rape, and be anti social? One more piece of evidence that you're a sociopath.

Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist wrote:
Hey Brian, ever since I confronted you about your dad's death as the reaction of your atheism, you've been a lot nicer to me. I don't think I've seen you use the F word since then.

I think you kind of like me and now you want to have a beer with me more then ever?

I'm sorry your dad, died, but that is not an excuse for you to be an atheist.

You're sorry that his dad died? Bullshit! You wouldn't have tried to use his father's death as an emotional weapon if you were actually sad about it.

He may not say fuck you as much, because he's showing that he is mentally stronger then your emotional attack, but I don't care how you take it. Fuck you.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:Jean

B166ER wrote:

Jean Chauvinism,sociopathic emotional terrorist wrote:
Thus we see a consistent atheist is one that is ruthless. Hates everybody including himself. Kills people. Kills his family and children. Is basically somebody who is mentally insane.

However, it is very rare to find a consistent atheist....

...More could be said, but I think you get that point. I hope you're not consistent.

Though it would be nice if more atheists were consistent so people could see atheist for it's true self.

So you want more people to kill, rape, and be anti social? One more piece of evidence that you're a sociopath.

Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist wrote:
Hey Brian, ever since I confronted you about your dad's death as the reaction of your atheism, you've been a lot nicer to me. I don't think I've seen you use the F word since then.

I think you kind of like me and now you want to have a beer with me more then ever?

I'm sorry your dad, died, but that is not an excuse for you to be an atheist.

You're sorry that his dad died? Bullshit! You wouldn't have tried to use his father's death as an emotional weapon if you were actually sad about it.

He may not say fuck you as much, because he's showing that he is mentally stronger then your emotional attack, but I don't care how you take it. Fuck you.

My dad died when I was 13, I am 44 now. His childish "Your sister is a whore" crap is not why I got pissed at him.

He used his fictional god he believes in to hold Japan hostage to get to us. The father crap was after I called him out on it.

But even as such, BOTH show that this isn't about anything but the fact that we are not following him as if he were the Pied Piper. He resorts to BOTH because he doesn't have any coherent arguments to make.

Don't get me wrong, he is on my shit list. But not because he is trying to bring my father into this.

He is on my shit list because he is an irritating fuck. Anyone who would worship a god like that is on my shit list. Falwell has always been on my shit list, well, was. ESPECIALLY when he used Katrina to threaten the nation. Same shit, different asshole.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
Don't get me wrong Brian...

Don't get me wrong Brian, I wasn't just pissed that he brought up a parents death or used the large scale misery the Japanese people are dealing with now and will be for some time in a argument, but the overall tactic of using misery, any misery and especially wide scale misery, as an emotional weapon. It's sick and disturbing. If I'm arguing with someone, I argue with them. I don't drag the suffering of innocent people into it solely for "points" because it's fucked up.

That's why I took it the way that I did. He may just be a troll, but he is a example of a perspective that has much larger social impact then just one forum thread. That's why it sickens me.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

And this is why when the time comes, you guys are going to be first in line to kill Chrisitans via the NWO.

I'm not trying to win points, or play dirty. But interpret events from a consistent Chrisitan worldview. It is only "natural" for you to hate the truth and the reality according to the God that holds you up from the flames with His hands.

Regarding Brian's father's death. Um, how did I know that. And second, obviously Brian is very angry. This can be traced to an event. It can be traced to his father's death when he was 13.

I am sorry your dad died at such a young age. That would be hard on any kid. But were you an atheist at age 12? Was your dad a Christian?

Your dad's death caused you to have an emotional reaction into your atheism. Thus, your absurdity is based out of anger and hurt regarding your dad.

You won't answer my questions, and that's fine. But you know the truth regarding this and you have no excuse.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
You're attempting to imply

You're attempting to imply that all atheists have an emotional reason for not believing in your god?  Do you have an emotional reason for not believing in Zeus?  How about Mars? or Jupiter? What's your emotional reason for not believing in Harry Potter? did some young wizard molest you in daycare?

 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:And this

Jean Chauvin wrote:
And this is why when the time comes, you guys are going to be first in line to kill Chrisitans via the NWO.

And since you're the only real christian around, I guess that means the entire world population will be coming for you.

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Regarding Brian's father's death. Um, how did I know that. And second, obviously Brian is very angry. This can be traced to an event. It can be traced to his father's death when he was 13.

I am sorry your dad died at such a young age. That would be hard on any kid. But were you an atheist at age 12? Was your dad a Christian?

Your dad's death caused you to have an emotional reaction into your atheism. Thus, your absurdity is based out of anger and hurt regarding your dad.

You won't answer my questions, and that's fine. But you know the truth regarding this and you have no excuse.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Uhm...yeah...

Dude, this obsession you have with Brian is getting a little creepy.


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean, what you forget about

Jean, what you forget about the "NWO" is that it will likely be Christians ridding themselves of the Muslims, atheists and Jews so they can prepare for the coming of their lord and savior.

Gotta make that pile of bodies nice and high so Jesus doesn't have so far to step down.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:... And

Jean Chauvin wrote:

...

 And second, obviously Brian is very angry. This can be traced to an event. It can be traced to his father's death when he was 13. 

Like I said earlier...

Quote:
His only plan of action is to say absurd things that he knows will get a rise out of us to the point of us getting angry with him - thus proving in his mind that we are angry people.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
 Free will = Free willJean

 

Free will = Free will

Jean Chauvin wrote:

3) Free Will is not the absence from choice.

Free will is the absence of obligations, constraints, boundaries, limitations, fallibility, culpability of thoughts or actions.

Jean Chauvin wrote:

However, their choice is bound by their nature.

Free will is the inherent inalienable ability to contradict oneself and be extreme in any sense.

 

Liberty.

 

Ahhhhh....

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:And second, obviously

Quote:
And second, obviously Brian is very angry. This can be traced to an event. It can be traced to his father's death when he was 13.

Jerry Falwell attempted to sue Larry Flint for making fun of his mother in a parody add where Larry Flint poked fun of Falwell getting drunk and fucking his own mother.  When the case hit the Supreme Court, guess who won. I'll give you a hint, IT IS OK TO SAY "FUCK JESUS"

You are too fucking dense to understand that our government cannot arrest you EVEN if it is run by a liberal "Muslim" , and allows me to say FUCK YOU, without fear of arrest.

It is what allows you to spew the absurd shit you do now.

Yes, I am angry. AT YOU, not your rights. And despite your bullshit claims that I would gut you and eat your flesh, I would still lend you aid if you were in physical need from an accident or natural disaster. But that damned sure doesn't mean I have to like you or put up with your bullshit childish arguments.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Brian

Hi Brian,

You would lend me aid. Good one. But if you did lend me aid, that would be due to the fact that you are the image of God.

If I slipped up on freewill, it was an accident. We do have choice. Though most likely Redead, you took me out of context.

Respectuflly,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You would lend me aid.

Quote:
You would lend me aid. Good one. But if you did lend me aid, that would be due to the fact that you are the image of God.

THIS IS SO FUCKING FUNNY.

No, it is due to human evolution. I don't see labels as being above being a human being.

You have a god YOU admitted allowed Japan to suffer to get to me. My hate for you does not equate to the same tribalism you justify for such genocide. I can hate you without wanting to kill you.

I don't see myself as a god because god/s don't exist. I only see you as a moron.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:If I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

If I slipped up on freewill, it was an accident. We do have choice. Though most likely Redead, you took me out of context.

Ya....uh huh.

Excuses, excuses.

I thought you were a professor 'trained' in LOLgic.

 

How could you so easily be surpassed? One would barely have to apply themselves to defeat that LOLgic.

 

Reminds me of my college days...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


WasitacatisaW
atheist
WasitacatisaW's picture
Posts: 28
Joined: 2011-03-16
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

But if you did lend me aid, that would be due to the fact that you are the image of God.

Altruism - unselfish regard for or devotion to the welfare of others. Or behavior by an animal that is not beneficial to or may be harmful to itself but that benefits others of its species

 


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

You would lend me aid. Good one. But if you did lend me aid, that would be due to the fact that you are the image of God.

If I slipped up on freewill, it was an accident. We do have choice. Though most likely Redead, you took me out of context.

Respectuflly,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

But many species of animal come to the aid of others in their group when they are in trouble.

Have you seen that video on YouTube where a herd of buffalo rescue a calf from a pack of lions?

So they also must have been 'made in the Image of God' also, right?

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Jean

BobSpence1 wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian,

You would lend me aid. Good one. But if you did lend me aid, that would be due to the fact that you are the image of God.

If I slipped up on freewill, it was an accident. We do have choice. Though most likely Redead, you took me out of context.

Respectuflly,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

But many species of animal come to the aid of others in their group when they are in trouble.

Have you seen that video on YouTube where a herd of buffalo rescue a calf from a pack of lions?

It's called "The Battle at Kruger" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

BobSpence1 wrote:
So they also must have been 'made in the Image of God' also, right?

Animals can't have knowledge, therefore they cannot have 'morals', and probably not 'ethics' according to our resident "Babble Thumping'  brainiacs...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Sandy,

Good question.

Since logically speaking, all knowledge and wisdom are dependant on God, then an atheist by definition is one who lacks knowledge and wisdom since they deny God's "existence" (or lack of believe crap from George Smith).

Now, as a result, the atheist has no answer for the following.

Knowledge (no way to know

Reality (No way to know reality

Ethics (No way to know right or wrong

Art (No way to know what art is.)

If it goes well, Jean will give no reply at all - as always Smiling
This argument makes one great false assumption - that people respect copyright. And that god (who doesn't exist) has a copyright on knowledge, reality, ethics and art. 

Most of people respect nobody's copyright, ever. They use knowledge, ethics and art because it's good for them. They don't care who invented it. I know many people and no-one would hesitate a second given choice between downloading a music, game or film, or buying them. And trust me, autorship organizations, laws and the police are much more tangible than imaginary Jewish god to whom we should pay ransom for using art, ethics and knowledge.

Of course, there were much better sources of morality before and after Bible. We could even go as far as declare these principles universal and vital for all civilization, regardless of who wrote them down. Therefore, anyone who would try to take knowledge, art and ethics away from us or demand ransom for using them, is EVIL. 

A good deity would distribute the ethics, art and knowledge as freeware or open-source for making localized cultural versions, cross-culturally compatible, without the church registrations, tithe charges, confession  spyware, omnipresence trojans, clergy malware and superstitious processes running on background burdening the system resources. 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Jean Chauvin

Luminon wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Sandy,

Good question.

Since logically speaking, all knowledge and wisdom are dependant on God, then an atheist by definition is one who lacks knowledge and wisdom since they deny God's "existence" (or lack of believe crap from George Smith).

Now, as a result, the atheist has no answer for the following.

Knowledge (no way to know

Reality (No way to know reality

Ethics (No way to know right or wrong

Art (No way to know what art is.)

If it goes well, Jean will give no reply at all - as always Smiling
This argument makes one great false assumption - that people respect copyright. And that god (who doesn't exist) has a copyright on knowledge, reality, ethics and art. 

Most of people respect nobody's copyright, ever. They use knowledge, ethics and art because it's good for them. They don't care who invented it. I know many people and no-one would hesitate a second given choice between downloading a music, game or film, or buying them. And trust me, autorship organizations, laws and the police are much more tangible than imaginary Jewish god to whom we should pay ransom for using art, ethics and knowledge.

Of course, there were much better sources of morality before and after Bible. We could even go as far as declare these principles universal and vital for all civilization, regardless of who wrote them down. Therefore, anyone who would try to take knowledge, art and ethics away from us or demand ransom for using them, is EVIL. 

A good deity would distribute the ethics, art and knowledge as freeware or open-source for making localized cultural versions, cross-culturally compatible, without the church registrations, tithe charges, confession  spyware, omnipresence trojans, clergy malware and superstitious processes running on background burdening the system resources. 

You know, I really shouldn't get so down on you. You just proved to me that their was a God and his name is Bill Gates. Only a God could put out inept useless shit and get rich doing it.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Luminon,definitely one of

Luminon,

definitely one of your best posts. 

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1

BobSpence1 wrote:

Luminon,

definitely one of your best posts. 

Thanks Smiling

It's one of these cases when I look at an idea and feel intuitively what's wrong with it, then I put it into words, also intuitively. Guess that's my higher self speaking, on these ocassions.

 

Brian37 wrote:

You know, I really shouldn't get so down on you. You just proved to me that their was a God and his name is Bill Gates. Only a God could put out inept useless shit and get rich doing it.

Well, and somehow I can't imagine my life without Bill Gates. And without the fleet of pirates who make his products usable.

 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Quote: What is a 'Consistent

Quote:
What is a 'Consistent Atheist', Jean?
 To Jean Jean, a consistent atheist, is simply one who consistently is immune to his propaganda, and will not succumb to his arguments. He's simply an inept and frustrated 'dominator'.

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Lun

Hi Lun,

You are saying God doesn't exist. You cannot respond to this since you as an atheist have yet to justify knowing anything. And via your probability, the ratio of error and truth in every propositional claim you make. So, since this is not done, there is no secular knowledge, and with the absense of knowledge, comes the absense of comprehension, and with the absense of compreshension, comes the inability to refute, confirm, or think.

While in your case, atheists have tried to invent ethics and have failed, but in God's case, ethics flows from God's Being. Since God is eternal, it was not invented, it has always been.

Academically speaking, knowledge, ethics, art are dead.

Knowledge = All is relative, there are no absolutes

Ethics = To Each Their Own

Art = Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Reality = Reality is what you make of it.

Academical atheism has crept in our culture somewhat. Thus to make an argument for any of things is to be like a little baby atheist intellectually speaking. You have yet to grow up in atheism. When you grow up, you will be apathetic unless you teach biology, then you will just be chronically confused.

What were the better sources of morality before the Bible, and what is Biblical Morality. Put up or shut up.

I am not taking knowledge and art away from you, it is atheists who have tried to take it from America and has been somewhat successful. Again, you are talking like goo goo gaa gaa.

The 1913 World Art Show with Duchamp and Picaso enveloped the beginning of modern art. Duchamp has said that he paints to hurt. And that canvas' are nothing more then dusty rears.

His work on his staircase is a prime example.

Art has gone away from reality and into fantasy. This is a philospohical sign of atheistic darkness. We see that art is a reflection on the health of a soceity.

This is why the Christian Dutch Paintings are looked at as the most beautiful paintings in the world. These were Christians who has a Biblical "perspective" on the world and allowed art to reflect that. That was true art.

If you want to disagree with the leading atheistic professors across the country, go ahead. It's not surprising. Nobody has been able to address this hypocrisy in atheism. You my friend, are a typical atheist baby.

How on earth, if you cannot know, thus cannot know ethics, or art, know what good is. And if you can't know what good is, you cannot know what a good Deity since you are finite and a Deity by definiton would be infinte, thus you are logically incapable of making such a proposition.

When you grow up intellectually, maybe as a 20 year old atheist (intellectually speaking), let's talk.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Lun,

You are saying God doesn't exist.

And you are saying he does.

But no one can prove that such a thing is possible, let alone probable.

 

So, many of us, just don't care to know either way.

We are indifferent.

We have the right to be.

We can choose anyway that we want, that is legal, and there is little that you can legally do about it.

And, you (and all others) MUST learn to deal with this, and behave yourselves, according to secular law. 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:mellestad

redneF wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Thus you are a piece of garbage since you have no meaning, purpose, or worth in atheism.

And this is supposed to appeal to us to buy the product you are trying to sell us?

We give our own lives meaning, we don't need a fictional cosmic child beater like you do to  tell us what our meaning should be. We are adults, you are stuck in fantasy land.

You are the only piece of garbage here.

 

 

Actually yea, it is.  They want to destroy the ego so they can lay their hideous little parasite in the place where a person's sense of self worth lived.

Once a body is infected with this 'eggo', the body's worth becomes secondary to this 'eggo'?

Sounds familiar in concept.

Go figure...

Hehe, LET GO MY EGGO!

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Lun,

You are saying God doesn't exist. You cannot respond to this since you as an atheist have yet to justify knowing anything. And via your probability, the ratio of error and truth in every propositional claim you make. So, since this is not done, there is no secular knowledge, and with the absense of knowledge, comes the absense of comprehension, and with the absense of compreshension, comes the inability to refute, confirm, or think.

To be fair, Luminon is an atheist only in the sense that he doesn't believe in the idiocies you hold true regarding God.  He does have his set of yet to be proven beliefs ( which I find irrational but that's just my opinion ).  Also his knowledge is far from 'secular' as you define it.  Your whole slippery slope argument sort of fails from the start.  

His beliefs are much more logical, or rather not as circular, than your beliefs.  The difference is that, I hope, Luminon would actually admit he is wrong if shown conclusive proof he is wrong.  You hold no such basic decency, and your blinders are very securely fastened.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Lun,

You are saying God doesn't exist. You cannot respond to this since you as an atheist have yet to justify knowing anything. And via your probability, the ratio of error and truth in every propositional claim you make. So, since this is not done, there is no secular knowledge, and with the absense of knowledge, comes the absense of comprehension, and with the absense of compreshension, comes the inability to refute, confirm, or think.

I'm glad my teachers and superiors don't know that and still treat me as a knowing, comprehending and thinking person. I really would not want to see a constitution or declaration of human rights written by you. I don't see much difference between your notion of an atheist, Hitler's notion of a Jew and New World colony's notion of a nigger. 

Jean Chauvin wrote:
 While in your case, atheists have tried to invent ethics and have failed, but in God's case, ethics flows from God's Being. Since God is eternal, it was not invented, it has always been.
Surprisingly, I agree. Ethics must be invented and must fail to be invented anew, because society develops. I would like to see how God's ethics of 'eye for an eye' can work in age of nuclear bombs being 2000x stronger than the two firecrackers in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
 Academically speaking, knowledge, ethics, art are dead.
That is correct, knowledge does not breathe, eat, defecate and procreate.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
 Knowledge = All is relative, there are no absolutes

Ethics = To Each Their Own

Art = Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Reality = Reality is what you make of it.

I wonder on what academy do they teach it, so I can send school inspection in there.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
 Academical atheism has crept in our culture somewhat. Thus to make an argument for any of things is to be like a little baby atheist intellectually speaking. You have yet to grow up in atheism. When you grow up, you will be apathetic unless you teach biology, then you will just be chronically confused.
Yep, growing in atheism means learning a lot of stuff. Confusion is to be expected, but apathy? Never, in current extreme rate of discovering new knowledge. In theism there is nothing to learn, just one book which you don't even have to read or understand. 

Jean Chauvin wrote:
 What were the better sources of morality before the Bible, and what is Biblical Morality. Put up or shut up.
Before Bible? Lord Krishna and the Buddha Gautama Siddharta. No stoning, no slavery, no hell, no eternal rewarding of bum-suckers.

Biblical morality consists of several basic duh-Sherlock rules (don't steal, etc), disproportional rewards and punishments and great emphasis on pleasing the divine ego. Not counting the idiotic rules like don't wear clothes made of two kinds of thread, or you get put to death. (do you also wear jeans, Jean? Smiling )

I am a fan of the Stargate serial. I love how it battles all kinds of stupidities and fanaticism. Unfortunately, many ancient cruel gods were shown as evil Goaulds, but Yahweh wasn't among them. He would fit right there between Apophis and Baal, but I think that would've been too much on American side of producers and watchers. However the authors made up for that by the whole Ori series Smiling

Jean Chauvin wrote:
 I am not taking knowledge and art away from you, it is atheists who have tried to take it from America and has been somewhat successful. Again, you are talking like goo goo gaa gaa.

The 1913 World Art Show with Duchamp and Picaso enveloped the beginning of modern art. Duchamp has said that he paints to hurt. And that canvas' are nothing more then dusty rears.

His work on his staircase is a prime example.

Art has gone away from reality and into fantasy. This is a philospohical sign of atheistic darkness. We see that art is a reflection on the health of a soceity.

This is why the Christian Dutch Paintings are looked at as the most beautiful paintings in the world. These were Christians who has a Biblical "perspective" on the world and allowed art to reflect that. That was true art.

If you want to disagree with the leading atheistic professors across the country, go ahead. It's not surprising. Nobody has been able to address this hypocrisy in atheism. You my friend, are a typical atheist baby.

This art you admire so much was an old culture in it's best years. This culture is now ruined. Current period is characteristic by extreme amount of all kinds of experiments. Old forms are decaying and the new are not created yet. Once the upcoming civilization really starts, new arts will be developed, that will overshadow even the glory of the past.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
 How on earth, if you cannot know, thus cannot know ethics, or art, know what good is. And if you can't know what good is, you cannot know what a good Deity since you are finite and a Deity by definiton would be infinte, thus you are logically incapable of making such a proposition.

When you grow up intellectually, maybe as a 20 year old atheist (intellectually speaking), let's talk.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

LOL. By your "logic"... I write this in english, which is not my native language. I learned it and I know it. Therefore, I am capable of knowing, comprehending, etc, therefore you're wrong. 


 

 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:To be fair,

Ktulu wrote:

To be fair, Luminon is an atheist only in the sense that he doesn't believe in the idiocies you hold true regarding God.  He does have his set of yet to be proven beliefs ( which I find irrational but that's just my opinion ).  Also his knowledge is far from 'secular' as you define it.  Your whole slippery slope argument sort of fails from the start.  

My knowledge (thanks for not calling it belief for once Smiling ) is based on several simple points of physics and philosophy, which nonetheless have huge impact on the worldview. The natural, scientific world is preserved. But my observations demand to turn the universe upside down. While most people live in natural world with certain esoteric elements to it, I live in esoteric world with certain natural elements to it. Which really gives sense, when you replace 'esoteric' with the notion of majority of the universe being made of unknown, 'dark' or other-dimensional exotic aspects. 

Ktulu wrote:

His beliefs are much more logical, or rather not as circular, than your beliefs.  The difference is that, I hope, Luminon would actually admit he is wrong if shown conclusive proof he is wrong.  You hold no such basic decency, and your blinders are very securely fastened.

Yep, given a conclusive proof, I would do that. The problem is, I have no idea how such a proof would look like. My observations are awesome, mind-boggling. A conclusive proof that disproves them would have to be similarly overwhelming, explaining everything I observed so far, but in a new light. I am not sure if that is even possible, much less how. But if it is, the result would be just as awesome, therefore worthy of accepting. After several weeks spent in state of total surprise, confusion and resignation.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Lun,

You are saying God doesn't exist. You cannot respond to this since you as an atheist have yet to justify knowing anything. And via your probability, the ratio of error and truth in every propositional claim you make. So, since this is not done, there is no secular knowledge, and with the absense of knowledge, comes the absense of comprehension, and with the absense of compreshension, comes the inability to refute, confirm, or think.

While in your case, atheists have tried to invent ethics and have failed, but in God's case, ethics flows from God's Being. Since God is eternal, it was not invented, it has always been.

Academically speaking, knowledge, ethics, art are dead.

Knowledge = All is relative, there are no absolutes

Ethics = To Each Their Own

Art = Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Reality = Reality is what you make of it.

Academical atheism has crept in our culture somewhat. Thus to make an argument for any of things is to be like a little baby atheist intellectually speaking. You have yet to grow up in atheism. When you grow up, you will be apathetic unless you teach biology, then you will just be chronically confused.

What were the better sources of morality before the Bible, and what is Biblical Morality. Put up or shut up.

I am not taking knowledge and art away from you, it is atheists who have tried to take it from America and has been somewhat successful. Again, you are talking like goo goo gaa gaa.

The 1913 World Art Show with Duchamp and Picaso enveloped the beginning of modern art. Duchamp has said that he paints to hurt. And that canvas' are nothing more then dusty rears.

His work on his staircase is a prime example.

Art has gone away from reality and into fantasy. This is a philospohical sign of atheistic darkness. We see that art is a reflection on the health of a soceity.

This is why the Christian Dutch Paintings are looked at as the most beautiful paintings in the world. These were Christians who has a Biblical "perspective" on the world and allowed art to reflect that. That was true art.

If you want to disagree with the leading atheistic professors across the country, go ahead. It's not surprising. Nobody has been able to address this hypocrisy in atheism. You my friend, are a typical atheist baby.

How on earth, if you cannot know, thus cannot know ethics, or art, know what good is. And if you can't know what good is, you cannot know what a good Deity since you are finite and a Deity by definiton would be infinte, thus you are logically incapable of making such a proposition.

When you grow up intellectually, maybe as a 20 year old atheist (intellectually speaking), let's talk.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

Because you said so. Got it. Thanks for "saving me".

You're god IS infectious, like herpes. You get it by going with what feels good.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi

Hi,

Lun and other "theists" are all atheists if they don't believe in the true God. If logically speaking there is only one true God, and one doesn't worship the true God but a false god, then by definition, they are "atheist" (losely speaking).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi,Lun

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi,

Lun and other "theists" are all atheists if they don't believe in the true God. If logically speaking there is only one true God, and one doesn't worship the true God but a false god, then by definition, they are "atheist" (losely speaking).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

No Fido, people who believe in Vishnu, Allah and the Hebrew god are NOT atheists. They like you hold the position that a super natural being exists BY ANY NAME.

And lucky for most of the western world in civil society, most do not buy into your fictional gang leader concept of a claim.

Your view of what you claim is the truth is immoral and I am glad most water it down to the point of civility and pluralism. You ARE closer to the truth of what is in the bible as written. Not as a fact, but as the frighting work of fiction it is.

You will not succeed here in demonizing the word atheist in any case. There is nothing wrong in not believing and none of us here are scared of your fictional god. We are rightfully concerned that people like you would turn back the clock to the violent tribal gang mentality that the bible DOES advocate.

How does it feel to be property Fido?

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi

Hi,

Lun talks more like a mystic then anything else. He used contradictive language. The reason why, is because he is inconsistent. A consistent mystic must tap into their feelings, with is antithetical to logic and reason.

Hi Brian, you cannot say what is moral or immoral since you have no code of morals. You ought to do what Dan barker did and steal Christians morals.

You are an ignorant robot that is only programmed, and the programmer is the public school system and the religion of atheism.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
Posts: 249
Joined: 2010-08-07
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:Jean Chauvin

Sandycane wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Sandy,

What happen? Cat get your tongue? Now tell me, if I'm wrong, why did Dan Barker steal Christian thinking to substitute his atheism? Remember, he use to be a music pastor.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Sorry, I had to take care of Jimmy. Give me a few minutes to reply to the above...

Remember sandy you have never "taken care of Jimmy" You must think that be because your life revolves around posting on here that you have done me in. Look I said it before. Just chill the fuck out. I will tell you all that I do just to make sure you know I have my priority right.

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
jimmy.williamson

jimmy.williamson wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Sandy,

What happen? Cat get your tongue? Now tell me, if I'm wrong, why did Dan Barker steal Christian thinking to substitute his atheism? Remember, he use to be a music pastor.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Sorry, I had to take care of Jimmy. Give me a few minutes to reply to the above...

Remember sandy you have never "taken care of Jimmy" You must think that be because your life revolves around posting on here that you have done me in. Look I said it before. Just chill the fuck out. I will tell you all that I do just to make sure you know I have my priority right.

You're 6 days late and a $ short, you friggin Mo Mo. You're old news Jimmy.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi Brian,

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Brian, you cannot say what is moral or immoral since you have no code of morals.

Morality is subjective and is not obligatory, if it's law abiding.

That's the beauty of liberty from theocracy.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
I just realized I am

I just realized I am terribly immoral - I picked up quite a lot of sticks last Sunday, as part of gradually clearing the remains of a large tree that got blown over in my backyard...

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:I just

BobSpence1 wrote:

I just realized I am terribly immoral - I picked up quite a lot of sticks last Sunday, as part of gradually clearing the remains of a large tree that got blown over in my backyard...

Hmmmm....tough call, because of the time zone differences.

But there are other tests.

There may be hope for you yet.

 

Do you:

1- Own slaves?

2- Rape and pilage?

3- Have premarital sex?

4- Practice sodomy?

5- Have sheep?

6- Sacrifice your offspring?

7- Have multiple wives?

8- Insist they all obey you?

9- Castigate homosexuals?

10- Refrain from masturbation?

 

If you answered 'Yes' to any/all of these questions:

 

You might just be able to end up being righteous after all!...

 

 

 

 

 

Ya, that's Slick Logic... 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi,Lun

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi,

Lun talks more like a mystic then anything else. He used contradictive language. The reason why, is because he is inconsistent. A consistent mystic must tap into their feelings, with is antithetical to logic and reason.

Hi Brian, you cannot say what is moral or immoral since you have no code of morals. You ought to do what Dan barker did and steal Christians morals.

You are an ignorant robot that is only programmed, and the programmer is the public school system and the religion of atheism.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Your projecting is only rivaled by your narcissism and stupidity and I am not sure which of those monsters in your vacuous skull is winning that battle.

Using threats is moral? You are the one using your fictional character to threaten others.

You talking about morality is a joke.

How does it feel to be property Fido?

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
It is deeply rational to

It is deeply rational to acknowledge our feelings. Our feelings are what distinguish us from mindless automatons.

Employing logic and reason to maximize our positive feelings and minimize our negative ones is ultimately what logic and reason are for, for the individual.

Then, recognizing that focussing exclusively on our personal feelings is ultimately less than optimal for someone living and interacting in society, is another vital aspect of a rational, positive life, that many miss.

EDIT: This the ultimate source of morailty, which is perverted and distorted by religion.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, feelings are created by God. But one does not follow via our feelings. Our mind or thinking then allows us to feel via what we know.

To put it another way, we cannot feel that which we do not know. Mystics obviously disagree with this. Lunny, where are you? oh, there you are, sacrificing a goat.

Anyway, I argue that I have a proper place to project my feelings in light of the truth. Since your truth via your admission is probable, then your feelings are, well, just chaos.

And another funny thing, redead just said ethics is subjective. And then he listed a bunch of ethics traits that he said were unethical thus making an objective analysis.

LOL, contradiction my dear watson. This is what is found in the heart of atheism.

The subjective can never know unless it is led by the objective. Since objective doesn't "exist." then the known can never exist as well.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5939
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Our feelings arise as

Our feelings arise as reactions to our experiences, our memories, our preferences, urges, wants, and so on.

If you believe in a Creator God, you could say that God gave us the capability for 'feeling', but that does not imply it determines what feelings we experience at any particular point.

Feelings do not refer to 'knowledge', although they can be a reaction to something we know, when we contemplate it.

They certainly do not require definitive knowledge about anything, they are by definition subjective reactions to what we think is happening, what we think has happened, what we directly experience, etc.

redneF just listed things which were, from his perspective, his judgement, unethical.

It does not require them to be externally objective, or absolute. No contradiction, unless he was explicitly claiming they were objective judgements.

The subjective is, by definition, knowable by the particular mind involved, but not by someone else. Are you saying that someone cannot know that they prefer ice-cream of a particular flavour??

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15748
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Bob, you wont get anywhere

Bob, you wont get anywhere with Fido because he has Jesus on the brain.

"Everything leads to Jesus" That is what Fido here wont be objective about because he has made love to this fiction to the point of masturbation.

Fido is a lost cause, and the best we can do with him is let him make a fool of himself.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Bob,Quote:They certainly

Hi Bob,

Quote:
They certainly do not require definitive knowledge about anything, they are by definition subjective reactions to what we think is happening, what we think has happened, what we directly experience, etc.

Um, wow, what honesty. I say this all the time and I get resistence. You do not know, you are guess or "think what's happening."

You do know, this was not your position when I first met you.

So then, if you agree with my position regarding your atheism in regards to empiricism, then by default, empiricism and all other forms of secular attempts at knowing are nil.

You agree. Now, you will back peddle like you do as an atheist. So then, a consistent atheist is a skeptic, who becomes a monk, and never speaks. Since everything, is unknown.

So you contradicted yoruself when you said empriricism can get off the ground, you admit, secular atheistic attempts are only guess' of what you think you know.

Also, I have been saying that atheism is a reaction to their emotions and thinking. You agree. Wow.

I'm getting to you Bob, and you don't even know it. May the Lord rescue you from the fire.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).