Second Time on The Site..... Just Joined....

PosingOwl
PosingOwl's picture
User is offlineOffline
Second Time on The Site..... Just Joined....

Hey everyone,

Found this site after watching Face Off-Does God Exist in (2007?), I think it was.... Lets see, I am 25, still young, married with 2 beautiful little girls.... Probably like most people on here I went to church, but only 2 times a month.... I was baptised while I was in school.... After High School I joined the Army, during boot camp I decided to change to catholic.... Well, within the first 6 months I found out that I was getting deployed in 2005.... In March 2008 my appendix ruptured on the way to the hospital.... Spent 2 weeks recovering from 2 surgeries....

After going through deployment and coming close to death (again) on an operating table.... I was thinking that I was I could be living a lie, about religion, and I decided to really debate with myself about it for a while.... Well one thing eventually led to another and I am now writing this introduction....

I can say that I dont know if I have convinced myself 100%, but pretty close to that, that God doesnt exist.... But I am working through with my own set backs.... If you follow what I mean.... After being taught something for so long and then to start learning the truth, it would take anyone a little to get over something.... Am I right or wrong?

Thanks,

PosingOwl

P.S. Looking forward to talking and discussing with you all....

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
PosingOwl wrote:Hey

PosingOwl wrote:

Hey everyone,

Found this site after watching Face Off-Does God Exist in (2007?), I think it was.... Lets see, I am 25, still young, married with 2 beautiful little girls.... Probably like most people on here I went to church, but only 2 times a month.... I was baptised while I was in school.... After High School I joined the Army, during boot camp I decided to change to catholic.... Well, within the first 6 months I found out that I was getting deployed in 2005.... In March 2008 my appendix ruptured on the way to the hospital.... Spent 2 weeks recovering from 2 surgeries....

After going through deployment and coming close to death (again) on an operating table.... I was thinking that I was I could be living a lie, about religion, and I decided to really debate with myself about it for a while.... Well one thing eventually led to another and I am now writing this introduction....

I can say that I dont know if I have convinced myself 100%, but pretty close to that, that God doesnt exist.... But I am working through with my own set backs.... If you follow what I mean.... After being taught something for so long and then to start learning the truth, it would take anyone a little to get over something.... Am I right or wrong?

Thanks,

PosingOwl

P.S. Looking forward to talking and discussing with you all....

well I think you have come to the right place.

I wish you luck on your quest. I chose Atheist and I have a son that i have had to watch so close to death. oh so close.

now the choice is yours. here I think you will find more people that will lean you to the Atheist side.

great to have you. just ask a question and this thing will light off...

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome aboard Posing Owl.

Welcome aboard Posing Owl.  I hope the site we've set up here helps you find clarity on religious matters even more than you came in with.  

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.  Keep

Welcome to the forum.  Keep a skeptical, open mind Smiling

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! 

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

PosingOwl
PosingOwl's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for welcoming me....

Thanks for welcoming me.... I will definitely keep an open mind.... Just got done reading the God Delusion and I was absolutely mesmerized....

Oh yeah, who the hell is that Jean idiot? Already pissing me off....

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ditto

Jean pisses everyone off so welcome to the club;   ignor jean  --  I do;  and welcome to the forums. I'm near Toronto Canada how about you?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

PosingOwl
PosingOwl's picture
User is offlineOffline
Right now near Nurnberg,

Right now near Nurnberg, Germany.... I was stationed here a few years ago and when I got out moved here with wife and daughter.... Wife is German and from the town in which we now live in.... Beautiful country but it gets to cold sometimes during the winter, originally from Florida, and I cant wait to return home in a few years or so....

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting

My wife's Guyanese,  I  spend, altogether, about two months a year in Guyana. Including a yearly stint as Santa  Clause for mostly Hindu and Muslim children. Originally I grew up in central Maine.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your time here!

PosingOwl wrote:
Oh yeah, who the hell is that Jean idiot? Already pissing me off....

He's one of our resident creotrolls. Don't pay too much attention to him unless you want to wade through a whole mess of stupid! I'm still trying to get him to answer me on whether bats are fowls and rabbits chew cud, since the "Holy" Babble says so and he says it's the only way to know anything. He's totally dodged the question though, what a surprise!

At least he isn't as bad as Mind over Matter or ElijahTruth are, since all they ever do is copy and paste huge walls of text.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!