Theodicy from belonging

termina
User is offlineOffline
Theodicy from belonging

Hello there!

I've heard some believers claiming; in an attempt to justify the existence of suffering in Nature and God;

that

when you own something, you have the right to do anyhting with it, so it's the same with God:

since everything and everyone belong to their ultimate creator God (let's admit this premise for the sake of the argument),

then He has the right to do anything He wants with them

whatever the consequences are for them;

Thus the fact God created earthquakes, tsunamis, horrible sickness, and so on... doesn't undermine God's infinite goodness.

For instance, it's as if a bike was calling his owner a tyrant because the latter decided to saw it to make a flute from it.

I don't know why, but i've the impression there is something strange with that argument,

what is your opinion about it?

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi OP

Hi OP

You learned the word theodicy from me? LOL.

Well, there are things that God CANNOT do by definition of His eternal nature. This applies to His creation.

-He cannot lie

-He cannot sin

-He cannot grow

-He cannot learn

-He go against His nature

What God does with His creation are done from eternity. See if you can follow. God is outside of time and space. Thus God knows and see and plans things from eternity. God doesn't wake up tommorrow and say, what am I going to do today.

Everything that is determined is decreed in eternity. So the earthquake in Japan was decreed before time itself. You hating God was also decreed before time itself.

So God can't do whatever He wants. But whatever He does it is righteous since He is the apex of all logic and truth. Logic and truth and wisdom and knowledge all flow from Him dependantly on His Being.

More could be said. I was writing a book on it but have stopped for now.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
my opinion is that there

my opinion is that there isn't an omniscient, omnipotent, omni-benevolent god.

Why is there bad stuff in the world? Cause humans assign value to things and events.

Manageri
atheist
Manageri's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is just labeling

This is just labeling anything god does as "good". You can change the definition of good if you want, but if it no longer means what it used to then the question becomes why should we care about what's "good"? If doing what's "good" now has consequences that don't outweigh the benefits (if any) then we have no reason to do what's "good".

Ask the theist if they'd still do what god tells em to do if it meant that the whole world goes to hell, and disobeying god meant everyone goes to heaven. If god's commands are always the right thing to do then they should be happy to roast forever if he asks them to, right? They'll obviously try to weasel out of giving a straight answer but that's enough of an answer right there, and it shows why objective morality is useless.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, this is interesting!

Jean Chauvinism, resident troll wrote:
Well, there are things that God CANNOT do by definition of His eternal nature. This applies to His creation.

-He cannot lie

-He cannot sin

-He cannot grow

-He cannot learn

-He go against His nature

So your supposedly omnipotent god isn't actually omnipotent, huh? I wonder what other "Holy" Babble thumpers would think about that one?

Oh and Jean, are you going to answer my question about the whole bats being birds or rabbits chewing cud thing in your bully club book or are you going to continue to dodge the question? Which is it Jean, is the "Holy" Babble right or is actual reality right? I'm waiting...

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!