Theist Gunslingers

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theist Gunslingers

They really are shooting blanks, aren't they?

peto verum
atheist
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:They really are

redneF wrote:

They really are shooting blanks, aren't they?

That is a perspective thing.  Sticking with your analogy I would say that they are shooting real ammo but at imaginary enemies.  They do alot of damage by promoting unverifiable beliefs.

KORAN, n.
A book which the Mohammedans foolishly believe to have been written by divine inspiration, but which Christians know to be a wicked imposture, contradictory to the Holy Scriptures. ~ The Devil's Dictionary

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, I'm with you 100%.That's

Oh, I'm with you 100%.

That's why I've become 'active' against them.

I'm speaking specifically about the ones on here, whose dicks go limp when you call them out 1 on 1.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

peto verum
atheist
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Oh, I'm with

redneF wrote:

Oh, I'm with you 100%.

That's why I've become 'active' against them.

I'm speaking specifically about the ones on here, whose dicks go limp when you call them out 1 on 1.

From what I've seen of those few theist here attempting to impress with big words used in fragmented sentences, spewed forth from random thoughts patterns, has been enlightening but not due to their content but the individuals divulging their "evidence and logic".  I agree with you.  Why dazzle with brilliance when you can to blind with bullshit.  This tactic in my opinion, was probably invented on the pulpit.

KORAN, n.
A book which the Mohammedans foolishly believe to have been written by divine inspiration, but which Christians know to be a wicked imposture, contradictory to the Holy Scriptures. ~ The Devil's Dictionary

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sure as sure.

peto verum wrote:

Why dazzle with brilliance when you can to blind with bullshit.  This tactic in my opinion, was probably invented on the pulpit.

What are the tactics used by the godly - all are theatrical. Closing your eyes when you pray, kneeling to pray, holding hands with your family at the dinner table to pray, getting dunked in a spa bath in church in front of large number of staring people, dressing up like batman in a cape to yell at the audience, a pulpit 90 feet high, the splendid atmosphere of Ely cathedral, pipe organs designed to look like stalagmites in the Temple of Baal, the portico in the vatican and blah, blah, blah.

When I visited the vatican it was like going to disney world - full of fantasy characters. All these rural folk were there gibbering and clutching the toes of clay popes. Our real enemy is the human imagination fueled by wishful thinking.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pew pew!

Pew pew!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Red, in all this I do like

Red, in all this I do like to remind people that while we rightfully challenge absurd claims and that blasphemy is a victimless crime, we also have 7 billion people on this planet and I do not see religion going anywhere anytime soon.

I think it is perfectly normal to get angry. But take it out on individuals and or claims. I get angry at both Jean and Caposkia. But for different reasons. JEAN as an individual is simply being a dick. My anger towards Caposkia, isn't really anger, but frustration with bad arguments, not him, the person.

In all this I treat individuals as such. Caposkia isn't a bad guy, just a person who holds bad claims. Jean is simply an asshole.

There are good people who hold absurd claims. We cannot function in a pluralistic society by taking an "us vs them" attitude. I like to see it more like my battle is with bad claims.

So yea, don't be afraid to blast bad claims or treat an asshole like an asshole, but also know the difference between a claim and the person making the claim.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog