A QUESTION FOR THEISTS

mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
Posts: 80
Joined: 2011-02-26
User is offlineOffline
A QUESTION FOR THEISTS

 I have a question for Theists.

 

You believe that God created you, and everything else. Yet, you cannot prove it, and still decide to believe.

Being such experts on the orgins of life in the Universe answer this.

If you believe in "Creation"

 

Then what created "God"?

 

It is a contradiction to preach Creationism and then keep your "creator" exempt from that belief. 

 

I don't want to hear any of that 'God just IS crap, or there always was GOD", or "because the bible says so"  Give me come concrete God evidence and I will become a believer on the spot. Have God stop by my house, or send me and email or something...or better yet, ask him to respond to this post, when in doubt, go to the source right?

Believing in creation implies that something had to come before something, that came before something, that came before something else..and so on.

So please educate me on the mysteries of the entire Universe without ever getting off our planet.

 

Thanks,

 

Mr. O

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:or better

mrOriginal wrote:
or better yet, ask him to respond to this post, when in doubt, go to the source right?

Hi. I'm God.

I've always existed.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
Posts: 80
Joined: 2011-02-26
User is offlineOffline
God????

GOD??!!!!,

About flippin time you showed up, and of course, you are in the last place I expected to find you! 

In an Athiest forum.  Very sneaky.

Any idea where my keys are?

 

Staying true to my post, I am now a believer in the Almighty BUTTERBATTLE!! Praise be to Butterbattle and all of his Butterbattleness.

This would technically make me a prophet right?

So I will start with this.

"In the beggining there was nothing. And then, THERE WAS BUTTERBATTLE!!!"

Now, let me venture out to tell everyone the "Good News"

 

 

 

hahaha,

 good one!

 

Mr. O

 

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote: I have a

mrOriginal wrote:

 I have a question for Theists.

 

You believe that God created you, and everything else. Yet, you cannot prove it, and still decide to believe.

Being such experts on the orgins of life in the Universe answer this.

If you believe in "Creation"

 

Then what created "God"?

 

It is a contradiction to preach Creationism and then keep your "creator" exempt from that belief. 

 

I don't want to hear any of that 'God just IS crap, or there always was GOD", or "because the bible says so"  Give me come concrete God evidence and I will become a believer on the spot. Have God stop by my house, or send me and email or something...or better yet, ask him to respond to this post, when in doubt, go to the source right?

Believing in creation implies that something had to come before something, that came before something, that came before something else..and so on.

So please educate me on the mysteries of the entire Universe without ever getting off our planet.

 

Thanks,

 

Mr. O

"Creation itself proves the existence of God - and God does not have a creator because the Bible says God has no beginning and no end. Repent now and accept Jesus as your savior or you will go to hell. I will pray for you".

 

/theist mode

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal

mrOriginal wrote:

GOD??!!!!,

About flippin time you showed up, and of course, you are in the last place I expected to find you! 

In an Athiest forum.  Very sneaky.

Any idea where my keys are?

 

Staying true to my post, I am now a believer in the Almighty BUTTERBATTLE!! Praise be to Butterbattle and all of his Butterbattleness.

This would technically make me a prophet right?

So I will start with this.

"In the beggining there was nothing. And then, THERE WAS BUTTERBATTLE!!!"

Now, let me venture out to tell everyone the "Good News"

hahaha,

 good one!

Mr. O

Butterbattle isn't God. He can't do anything. Prove to me he can change the world.

 

EDIT: OHMYBUTTERBATTLE! I was just getting thirsty, and the mighy butterbattle filled my mum with his holy spirit, and she offered me something to drink. It's a miracle!
All hail Butterbattle!


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:Any idea

mrOriginal wrote:
Any idea where my keys are?

Clearly, they are sitting on the kitchen counter, where you always place them after you come home.

Butter sees all. Butter knows all.

Recovering fundamentalist wrote:
"Creation itself proves the existence of God - and God does not have a creator because the Bible says God has no beginning and no end. Repent now and accept Jesus as your savior or you will go to hell. I will pray for you".

Jesus is not your savior. I am your savior. Jesus is a minion of Satan, who eats his toast with the butter side down.

Thunderlos wrote:
EDIT: OHMYBUTTERBATTLE! I was just getting thirsty, and the mighy butterbattle filled my mum with his holy spirit, and she offered me something to drink. It's a miracle!
All hail Butterbattle!

If I was not as holy as I am, I would have written something dirty here.  

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


alexmbabu
alexmbabu's picture
Posts: 12
Joined: 2011-02-17
User is offlineOffline
but after the judgement day,

but after the judgement day, god gonna be soo bored. nobody in earth.. all the believer will go to heaven n athiests to hell.. the empty earth and an unemployed god...

 


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:"In the

mrOriginal wrote:

"In the beggining there was nothing. And then, THERE WAS BUTTERBATTLE!!!"

Now, let me venture out to tell everyone the "Good News"

 

"And then BUTTERBATTLE said: 'Let there be Light!'"

"And there was still nothing, but you could see it better."

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Hi. I'm

butterbattle wrote:

Hi. I'm God.

I've always existed.

I'm still gonna need to see some ID...


mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
Posts: 80
Joined: 2011-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Hahaha,I'm glad to see all

Hahaha,

I'm glad to see all of you have a sense of humor!

Sometimes the posts get awful serious, so its been a good break to joke around a bit.

 

@ redneF

That is such a good Idea.  I think I'm gonna make a "God" Id and business cards and go to a local church and hand them out.

 

@ butterbattle

Good guess with the Keys thing. They were there, under the newspaper. 

 

 

I am however that I did not get an answer to my post.    But I suppose it was an unfair question considering God doesn't exist anyways.  My bad.

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:@

mrOriginal wrote:
@ butterbattle

Good guess with the Keys thing. They were there, under the newspaper.

A GUESS?! How dare you question my omniscience? I can see the newspaper too. There's news about Japan on it, isn't there? I know where the toilet is too! It's in your bathroom, isn't it?

Obviously, this 100% irrefutable proof that I am God.   


 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:@

mrOriginal wrote:

@ redneF

That is such a good Idea.  I think I'm gonna make a "God" Id and business cards and go to a local church and hand them out.

Ya, well, there's the business saying "In God we trust........everybody else pays cash."

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

mrOriginal wrote:
@ butterbattle

Good guess with the Keys thing. They were there, under the newspaper.

A GUESS?! How dare you question my omniscience? I can see the newspaper too. There's news about Japan on it, isn't there? I know where the toilet is too! It's in your bathroom, isn't it?

Obviously, this 100% irrefutable proof that I am God.   

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote: I have a

mrOriginal wrote:

 I have a question for Theists.

 

Oh goody, cause I'm a theist.

 

Quote:

You believe that God created you, and everything else. Yet, you cannot prove it, and still decide to believe.

Negative. Try again.

 

Quote:

Being such experts on the orgins of life in the Universe answer this.

If you believe in "Creation"

 Ok, I will pretend to believe in creation for the purposes of this question.

Quote:
Then what created "God"?

 I would imagine the standard answer for this is that the god in question wasn't created but has always existed outside of time/space. Part of the "first cause" fallacy.

Quote:
It is a contradiction to preach Creationism and then keep your "creator" exempt from that belief.

 I would agree.

Quote:
I don't want to hear any of that 'God just IS crap, or there always was GOD", or "because the bible says so"  Give me come concrete God evidence and I will become a believer on the spot.

There is no evidence for any god, unless you define the god as something detectable or tangible, like the moon or a guitar player(i.e Eric Clapton is god).

 

Quote:

Have God stop by my house, or send me and email or something...or better yet, ask him to respond to this post, when in doubt, go to the source right?

If humans could command gods, I wonder if they should be called gods.

Quote:

Believing in creation implies that something had to come before something, that came before something, that came before something else..and so on.

 

First Cause Fallacy, go to Iron Chariots Wiki for more info.

Quote:

So please educate me on the mysteries of the entire Universe without ever getting off our planet.

 

We'd have to know the mysteries of the entire universe first.


mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
Posts: 80
Joined: 2011-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, But you did not

Sorry,

 

But you did not answer my question.   Saying something always existed outside of "time and space" is an "explanation", not an answer.

I suppose that is one of the fundemantal flaws, as an atheist, I am inclined to use the natrual world as a source of reference for deciding whether or not something "exists".   Don't complicate natural law by trying to create definitions for "god" outside of reality.  If God actually existed, there would be no point in "belief", it would simply just be. 
 

There is no evidence of another dimension that "god" resides in.

That does not mean we should abandon the search for such possibilities.  The fact that you stated that there is no evidence that supports God, ( via using natural law), it demands that I not create a false belief in order to feel better about the afterlife, until such evidence presents itself and can be substantiated, we should remain skeptic on anything that could poison the mind.

 

You were given 5 senses. So come to your senses, and start using them.

 

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
I don't think you're really

I don't think you're really sorry.

 

Unfortunately for you that "explanation" is the only answer creationists have to give for their first cause argument.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Long time no see

Long time no see

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
ditto.

ditto.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:I don't think

Ciarin wrote:

I don't think you're really sorry.

You're projecting.

 

Ciarin wrote:
Unfortunately for you ..

You're projecting, again...

Ciarin wrote:
 that "explanation" is the only answer creationists have to give for their first cause argument.

Which is a 'circular argument' based on naked assertions.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Ciarin wrote:I

redneF wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

I don't think you're really sorry.

You're projecting.

 

Not really. I'm commenting on the fact that people tend to say "sorry" without actually meaning an apology. It's a habit of speech.

Quote:
Ciarin wrote:
Unfortunately for you ..

You're projecting, again...

 

You're assuming again...and still incorrect, again.

Quote:
Ciarin wrote:
 that "explanation" is the only answer creationists have to give for their first cause argument.

Which is a 'circular argument' based on naked assertions.

 

Which was explained if you had bothered to go to the link I posted. Thanks for reiterating my point and adding nothing to the discussion.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:redneF

Ciarin wrote:

redneF wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

I don't think you're really sorry.

You're projecting.

 

Not really. I'm commenting on the fact that people tend to say "sorry" without actually meaning an apology. It's a habit of speech.

Duhhh..

You 'projected' that YOU did not think that he was really sorry.

Quote:
Ciarin wrote:
Unfortunately for you ..

You're projecting, again...

 

You're assuming again...and still incorrect, again.

False.

Look up 'Fundamental Attribution Error'.

Quote:
Ciarin wrote:
 that "explanation" is the only answer creationists have to give for their first cause argument.

Which is a 'circular argument' based on naked assertions.

 Which was explained if you had bothered to go to the link I posted. Thanks for reiterating my point and adding nothing to the discussion.

I added plenty.

You don't even know when you're 'projecting'.

So, I've shown that you're not too fucking bright...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
quotes fail.

quotes fail.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:redneF

Ciarin wrote:

redneF wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

I don't think you're really sorry.

You're projecting.

 

Not really. I'm commenting on the fact that people tend to say "sorry" without actually meaning an apology. It's a habit of speech.

Duhhh..

You 'projected' that YOU did not think that he was really sorry.

 

Ciarin wrote:

redneF wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Unfortunately for you ..

You're projecting, again...

 

You're assuming again...and still incorrect, again.

False.

Look up 'Fundamental Attribution Error'.

You 'projected' that it was unfortunate for 'him', when it's unfortunate for the ones making the claim.

Ciarin wrote:

redneF wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

that "explanation" is the only answer creationists have to give for their first cause argument.

Which is a 'circular argument' based on naked assertions.

 

Which was explained if you had bothered to go to the link I posted. Thanks for reiterating my point and adding nothing to the discussion.

I added plenty.

You don't even know when you're 'projecting'.

So, I've shown that you're not too fucking bright...

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
It's unfortunate for him

It's unfortunate for him because he's not getting the answer he wants.

 

 

lol, you're not very good at this.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:It's

Ciarin wrote:

It's unfortunate for him because he's not getting the answer he wants.

Duhhh...Never come across a rhetorical question?

Ciarin wrote:
lol, you're not very good at this.

I've busted every fallacy of yours, with ease...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Ciarin

redneF wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

It's unfortunate for him because he's not getting the answer he wants.

Duhhh...Never come across a rhetorical question?

 

I have.

Quote:
Ciarin wrote:
lol, you're not very good at this.

I've busted every fallacy of yours, with ease...

 

Interesting considering I've not made any fallacies. From where I sit, all you've done is attempt to antagonize me by claiming I'm "projecting" and claiming I'm "not very bright". You don't actually add anything of value, just spatterings of dickishness while simultaneously claiming some kind of "victory".

 

I'm not jean. You need to wear big boy pants to deal with me. Come back in a few years and we'll try again.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote: Interesting

Ciarin wrote:

 Interesting considering I've not made any fallacies.

Obviously, I disagree.

Since you're not very objective, I have to remain skeptical that I'm correct, and that you're not very astute.

Ciarin wrote:
From where I sit, all you've done is attempt to antagonize me by claiming I'm "projecting" and claiming I'm "not very bright".

No.

I've pointed out how your responses were aimed 'at' him, and not 'at' his comments.

And you're pissy about it.

Ciarin wrote:
You don't actually add anything of value, just spatterings of dickishness while simultaneously claiming some kind of "victory".

Case in point...

Ciarin wrote:
I'm not jean.

Thanks, Captain Obvious...

Ciarin wrote:
You need to wear big boy pants to deal with me.

Ooooooo, another lippy egomaniac. Weeee!!!

Ciarin wrote:
Come back in a few years and we'll try again.

Any time you wanna bring it, let me know...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
LOL, is this guy for real or

LOL, is this guy for real or is he the atheist equivalent of Poe?


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:LOL, is this

Ciarin wrote:

LOL, is this guy for real or is he the atheist equivalent of Poe?

Have you got any actual intellect, or just a smart mouth?

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
Posts: 80
Joined: 2011-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Battle!!!!! yay.  The title

Battle!!!!! yay.

 

The title of the post was "A QUESTION FOR THEISTS."

I didn't want the answer.  There is no answer...........Yet.  I wanted theists to provide for me a provable belief system according to the aspects of creationism.

 

I shouldn't have said "Sorry".  Oops. My bad. It was condescending.

 

@clarin....You are a strange theist. Please elaborate on the questions....Please. You have made several comments that are not of the "traditional" kind that intrigue me.

1. Do you subscribe to creation?

2. Which God do you believe in?

3. If there is no specific God, are you a deist?

 

I look forward to your answers. 

Don't mind redneF, his logic is what I call "theist proof".  We are skeptics.  Cristicism and skepticism are a part of who we are.  We debunk eachother all the time atheist to atheist, its how we grow!  No one is exempt from scrutiny here!

Stand up for what you believe in, just be ready to substantiate your claims.  If you believe that strongly, it will only make you stronger to do so.

Now that I am done kissing ass.......ahem.....

 

 

mr. O

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche


David T. (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Proof

We are battling “atheists” in the wrong arena.  It has been the arena of their choosing:  the arena of deception.  And as we do battle there, they are systematically trying to take God out of America, and they are walking right into our schools and destroying our children.  Enough is enough.  Let’s do battle in the arena of our choosing:  the arena of Truth.

 

 

 

 

In Psalm 14:1 it is written, “The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

 

The Word of God says that the person says it, not that they believe it.

 

John 1:9 says, “The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.”

 

No person is without the revelation of God.

 

John 15:18 says, “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated Me first.”

 

It is impossible for someone to hate Christians without first hating Jesus.  And it is impossible for someone to hate someone that they don’t believe exists.

 

PROOF OF THE EXISTENCE OF GOD

 

(Have you been in those mind twisting, frustrating debates and arguments with professed “atheists” trying to prove to them that God exists?  God set me free from that.  It’s not your responsibility to prove the existence of God.  It’s God’s responsibility.  And He’s already done it.  He has proven His existence through Creation, Conscience, and Christ, the Word of God.

 

You no longer have to try to prove the existence of God, but only to inform professed “atheists” that they already know God is there, God knows that they know, and He’s holding them accountable.)

 

Romans 1:18-20

 

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has make it plain to them.  For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

 

Creation proves the existence of God.

 

Romans 2:14-16

 

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required  by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)  This will take place on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

 

Your conscience proves the existence of God.

 

Romans 10:18

 

But I ask: Did they not hear?  Of course they did:

     “Their voice has gone out into all the earth,

       their words to the ends of the world.”

 

Christ, the Word of God, proves the existence of God.

 

 

Since God gives witness of His existence to every person, no person can honestly say they do not believe there is a God.

 

So what is really going on?

 

Psalm 2:1-3

 

Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain?

The kings of the earth take their stand

and the rulers gather together

against the Lord

and against his Anointed One.

“Let us break their chains,” they say,

“and throw off their fetters.”

 

(Rebellion against God is what really is going on.)

 

What is God’s response to this rebellion?

 

Psalm 2:4-9

 

The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.

Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,

“I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill.”

I will proclaim the decree of the Lord:

He said to me, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.

Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.  You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

 

(The One you are rebelling against will still be enthroned as King.  God’s purposes will prevail regardless of any rebellion.)

 

God, in his grace, now gives you a choice.

 

Psalm 2:10-12

 

Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned you rulers of the earth.

Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way,

For his wrath can flare up in a moment.

Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

 

(A person can either continue in rebellion and be destroyed, or they can take refuge in Christ and escape God’s wrath.)

 

So, here’s the deal:

 

They know God is there, and He knows they know.  And He’s holding them accountable.

 

For whatever reason, they are in rebellion against Him.  It’s okay to talk to Him about why, but it’s not okay to continue in their rebellion.

 

He’s giving them the opportunity to turn away from this rebellion and turn to Christ.

 

The decision is theirs.  But they must make one—stay in their rebellion and face destruction, or repent and find refuge in Christ.

 

But we must not let them continue to wage their battle in deception.  They can’t take God away from us, and they can no longer seek to destroy out children.

 


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum. David

Welcome to the forum.

David T. wrote:
PROOF OF THE EXISTENCE OF GOD

Okay. Show me.

Quote:
Creation proves the existence of God.

How?

Btw, the word "Creation" begs the question.

Quote:
Your conscience proves the existence of God.

How?

Quote:
Christ, the Word of God, proves the existence of God.

How?

Btw, the phrase "the Word of God" begs the question.

Quote:
Since God gives witness of His existence to every person, no person can honestly say they do not believe there is a God.

Okay. How do you know that?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
Posts: 80
Joined: 2011-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Wow.  Really?? You didn't

Wow.  Really?? 

You didn't answer my question sir.  What created God? 

As an Atheist, I am not poisoning anyone.  A few noble facts about Mr. O.

I counsel recovering addicts nightly at a halfway house.

I volunteer every friday morning at our local soup kitchen called "the daily bread".

I mentor children in afterschool programs because their parents are too busy to love them. The group I am in was just in an article in our local newspaper.

In no way does my theology, or lack of make me a bad person. I am not in need of redemption.  I do good things because it makes me and the people I interact with happier.  But I am a wicked atheist right? Uh huh. Tell that to my mother and she will bitch slap you for being ignorant.

Proof that two hands working, does more than millions clasped in prayer.

You sir, are the one who has been brainwashed and decieved. There were many Gods before your God.  Do you believe so strongly in those as well??

If not, guess what, you are an Atheist too....I just go one God further. Several Gods actually.

 

Bible scripture.....wow, really?  I happen to know alot about your bible.  If you would like, I will gladly list, and display all the many errancies and contradictions found throughout your holy text.......But it would be a waste of time for one so diluded as yourself.

You imply that I hate christians.  You don't fucking know me asshat.  I.....don't hate anyone.  Unlike those of your religion who have murdered millions in the name of your God.

We are not a christian nation my Theist friend.  Thomas Jefferson stated that quite clearly, as well as Madison, and Adams.....separation of church and state......that speaks for itself. 

People like you are in the decline..........the world is starting to wake up.....

I only hope that you don't have any children that you have indoctrinated with your false belief system.....poor kids never had a chance.

 

 

You in no way proved the existence of God.  Or what created God.  Scripture is no source of reference for proof. 

 

BAaaaaaAAAaaA.....that is the sound a sheep makes...

 

Me??? Destroyed???? Take a look at the numbers, world wide, Christianity is in a steady decline. Your 'truth" will soon become Ancient History to be taught in schools...just like the greek and roman gods, icelandic gods, native american gods.......and so on and so forth.

 

 

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
Friedrich Nietzsche
German philosopher (1844 - 1900)
I own myself.....You, are a slave to indoctrination....

 

 

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal

mrOriginal wrote:


@ciarin....You are a strange theist. Please elaborate on the questions....Please. You have made several comments that are not of the "traditional" kind that intrigue me.

1. Do you subscribe to creation?

2. Which God do you believe in?

3. If there is no specific God, are you a deist?

 

1. no

2. I believe in many gods and goddesses. You might have heard them called Thor, Odin, Frigga, etc.

3. I'm not a deist, I'm a polytheist.

 


mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
Posts: 80
Joined: 2011-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Of all the belief systems,

Of all the belief systems, at least you picked the coolest one.

 

thanks for answering.

 

mr. O

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche


sourkroutamen
sourkroutamen's picture
Posts: 12
Joined: 2011-04-08
User is offlineOffline
Well, you just stated the

Well, you just stated the exact argument where theists and atheists reach the stalemate

Side A: Who made God?

Side C: Who made the big bang?

A: You can't prove creation theory!

C: You can't prove evolution as the origin of species!

A: We have more evidence than you do.

C: We have more evidence than you do.

Nobody has gotten past this point for years, and it will be years before we will.

 

When I look at the evidence, I find it very difficult to believe that I evolved over billions of years from some random molecule that somehow came to life. With all our science today, we can't make something come alive out of dust, yet your camp believes that chance made it happen. I suppose I could get very technical and rattle off all my evidence, but you could do the same and at the end of the day, it really comes down to which side you find hardest/easiest to believe.

A theist could have posted this exact question. If you believe in the big bang, then what created the stuff before the big bang. And so on. I am making an assumption that you believe in the big bang, if not, then fill in the blanks with whatever belief you have.

Well, that is my attempt at answering your unanswerable question.

I'm a noob to the site, so I guess I'll find out what kind of responses I get. Btw, interesting Nietzsche quote. I haven't seen that one before.

 


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Uh...this theist(as well as

Uh...this theist(as well as a multitude of other theists) readily accept the big bang theory as well as evolution as the best explanation of the origins of the universe and the diversity of life on earth.

 

So.....perhaps you meant creationists rather than theists?


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
sourkroutamen wrote: When I

sourkroutamen wrote:
When I look at the evidence

Oooo, an objectivist. Weeee....

sourkroutamen wrote:
When I look at the evidence, I find it very difficult to believe

Bzzzt.

The argument from personal incredulity is a logical fallacy.

Try again, Hotshot.

sourkroutamen wrote:
that I evolved over billions of years from some random molecule that somehow came to life.

1- You (personally) could not live for billions of years.

2- Until you can perfectly recreate a full scale experiment that perfectly reflects the conditions of earth and the universe 4.3 billion years ago, and wait 4.3 billion yrs to examine what happens naturally, you need to STFU, or admit 'I really don't know' WTF I'm talking about'.

sourkroutamen wrote:
With all our science today, we can't make something come alive out of dust, yet your camp believes that chance made it happen.

Patently false.

You're as dumb as dirt.

Open a science textbook.

The first stages of biological life are monomer compounds. They can spontaneously arise, even in an atmosphere void of oxygen, as was the case billions of years ago, before photosynthesis created an oxygen rich atmosphere.

There are dozens of highly possible means that biological life could have emerged from inorganic matter.

sourkroutamen wrote:
I suppose I could get very technical and rattle off all my evidence

I wouldn't recommend it... 

sourkroutamen wrote:
but you could do the same and at the end of the day, it really comes down to which side you find hardest/easiest to believe.

Speak for yourself.

-------------------

 

Batter up!

This ought to be good...lol

David T. wrote:
  We are battling “atheists” in the wrong arena. 

Well, you're punching outside of your weight class, but let's spar a little, just for exercise...

David T. wrote:
 It has been the arena of their choosing:  the arena of deception. 

Oooooo, sounds like a conspiracy...

David T. wrote:
 And as we do battle there, they are systematically trying to take God out of America

Nope.

Freedom of religion is in the Constitution.

That's why there are as many people practicing many different spiritual faiths, as there are.

David T. wrote:
and they are walking right into our schools and destroying our children. 

Science is not a religion. It's impartial.

David T. wrote:
Enough is enough. 

I agree.

David T. wrote:
Let’s do battle in the arena of our choosing:  the arena of Truth.

You mean 'teach the controversy' in science classes?

 

I don't think you really want to give equal time for kids to be taught all the different competing theories.

But, I'll tell you what.

Get every organized religion in America to agree on giving atheists equal time with a captive audience in the churches, synagogues, and temples, to 'teach the controversy' and we might be able to strike up some kind of deal....

 

You up for dat?...

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
Posts: 70
Joined: 2011-04-04
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:...Get every

redneF wrote:

...

Get every organized religion in America to agree on giving atheists equal time with a captive audience in the churches, synagogues, and temples, to 'teach the controversy' and we might be able to strike up some kind of deal....

If you can prove to me that every organized religion in America can agree on practically anything, I'd be impressed.  The only reason for even inter denominational agreement is imposed personal experience. But, everyone likes a good ghost story.


BigIgnorantAtheist
Posts: 1
Joined: 2011-04-09
User is offlineOffline
Atheist's Song

"OH, Im a Big dumb atheist, and your so gay.

hating religious people, all damn day

I could never think at all. Tie my shoes at all

So there must be no God, Because I dis like a religious person

Cause im so vain, All I wanna do is hate all day.

Cause Atheist are just full of rage. Cause I am a atheist meaning I hate all DAY!!!!!!!!!!"

Atheist - The Practice of caring about nothing except yourself and nothing else!


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
BigIgnorantAtheist

BigIgnorantAtheist wrote:

"OH, Im a Big dumb troll, and your so gay.

hating people, all damn day

I could never think at all. Tie my shoes at all

So I must have no brain, Because I dis like a person

Cause im so vain, All I wanna do is hate all day.

Cause trolls are just full of rage. Cause I am a troll meaning I hate all DAY!!!!!!!!!!"

Troll - The Practice of posting stupid off-topic shit to a message board to illicit an emotional response

 

Fixed


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
BigIgnorantAtheist wrote:

BigIgnorantAtheist wrote:
Because I dis like a religious person

So, unless everyone likes you, it puts a kink in your day?

They've got a pill for that, y'know...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Honestly Mr O

 

I think David T the theist pretty much covered the fundamentalist response in classic style. First he offered up the usual ad hominem assault before introducing his cosmological argument and a fallacy from complexity and then that vibrant wall of bible quotes comprising a wasteland of baseless assertion.

The other guy who was claiming that theists and atheists alike can't prove their big claims needs to pay attention to scientific modelling. We're for the best evidence at the time, recognising its weaknesses and seeking to know more. Only theists insist they know everything. They are in love with a theological model.

And dude, science is not the atheist doctrine, it's just the best way for humans to establish facts about reality. Would theists prefer to fly in aeroplanes that instead of being serviced by highly qualified technicians are prayed over by the ladies of the Country Womens Association?

I thought not. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
BigIgnorantAtheist

BigIgnorantAtheist wrote:

"OH, Im a Big dumb atheist, and your so gay.

hating religious people, all damn day

I could never think at all. Tie my shoes at all

So there must be no God, Because I dis like a religious person

Cause im so vain, All I wanna do is hate all day.

Cause Atheist are just full of rage. Cause I am a atheist meaning I hate all DAY!!!!!!!!!!"

Atheist - The Practice of caring about nothing except yourself and nothing else!

What do you think rednef... another "no morality without religion" tool?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:What do you

Kapkao wrote:

What do you think rednef... another "no morality without religion" tool?

I'll never understand how they even entertain that canard.

Is that like a confession that without a threat from a supernatural deity that they would be immoral?

They keep making references to animals, but what animal species are even close to being as savage as devoutly religious people have been historically?

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


sourkroutamen
sourkroutamen's picture
Posts: 12
Joined: 2011-04-08
User is offlineOffline
Sure

I did mean creationists, thank you Ciarin. It can be difficult to see all assumptions until they are pointed out.

 

 


sourkroutamen
sourkroutamen's picture
Posts: 12
Joined: 2011-04-08
User is offlineOffline
"There are dozens of highly

"There are dozens of highly possible means that biological life could have emerged from inorganic matter."

Name a couple of the dozens of "highly possible means." If it were so likely to happen, why don't cant scientists figure out how to make life out of the said inorganic matter? Maybe because they aren't highly possible means?


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
sourkroutamen wrote:"There

sourkroutamen wrote:

"There are dozens of highly possible means that biological life could have emerged from inorganic matter."

Name a couple of the dozens of "highly possible means." If it were so likely to happen, why don't cant scientists figure out how to make life out of the said inorganic matter? Maybe because they aren't highly possible means?

Because we are still too stupid and uninformed. Attempting to recreate something that happened during billions of years time might take .. yep you got it, a little time. But it's coming.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Joker
atheist
Joker's picture
Posts: 180
Joined: 2010-07-23
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:sourkroutamen

robj101 wrote:

sourkroutamen wrote:

"There are dozens of highly possible means that biological life could have emerged from inorganic matter."

Name a couple of the dozens of "highly possible means." If it were so likely to happen, why don't cant scientists figure out how to make life out of the said inorganic matter? Maybe because they aren't highly possible means?

Because we are still too stupid and uninformed. Attempting to recreate something that happened during billions of years time might take .. yep you got it, a little time. But it's coming.

 

I do wonder how well we'd be able to do it, if only because we can't duplicate the full process which is what most of them would demand and if we somehow reset time to various points the evolutionary history of earth could be wildly different with just a few things going differently.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
sourkroutamen wrote:"There

sourkroutamen wrote:

"There are dozens of highly possible means that biological life could have emerged from inorganic matter."

Name a couple of the dozens of "highly possible means."

Fuck are you people just plain stupid and lazy.

Here's just 1 fucking place to start.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

 

sourkroutamen wrote:
If it were so likely to happen

Do you have any idea how many sperm your father murdered for you to be the one who made it to the egg?

And how likely is it that despite the knowledge that we've accumulated and how much of it is on the internets, that you had to be a such a retarded sperm that couldn't think to look up abiogenesis on it's own?

 

sourkroutamen wrote:
why don't cant scientists figure out how to make life out of the said inorganic matter?

Probably because there aren't enough 'flat earth' philosophers like Ray Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and William Lane Craig on the case, using their Modal Logic, to figure it out.

Not to worry though, chances are that scientists will stumble up the answer by mistake, first...

 

sourkroutamen wrote:
Maybe because they aren't highly possible means?

Aren't you the same clowns that believe in miracles?

Why the sudden lack of faith that scientists won't be able to unravel that mystery?

 

Maybe because you clowns are praying that it won't happen.

You may as well quit. Even you people know that won't prevent it from happening...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


JV (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Define your terms

 First we have to define our terms. What do you mean by God? Do you mean invisible sky-daddy who grants wishes? If so, then I agree. There is no God. 

On the other hand. If we were to say that creation is not separate or distinct from God, but is an extension of God, then God exists by definition; we defined him that way. But that doesn't really explain anything.

So what is God? God is the mysterious origin of all, the infinitesimal point at the very beginning and center of creation. He is also the infinite circumference of all; he is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end of all and everything. He exists prior to creation and simultaneously encompasses the whole. 

Such lofty concepts. Clearly beyond human comprehension and practically devoid of meaning. 

Is that even rational?

Sure, if you're a pragmatist. The whole point to this (in part at least) is to begin to see the connectedness, the interdependence, the unity of creation; to feel a reverence for the Universe and its workings. To wonder with a sense of astonishment and awe.

In other words, the concept of God is useful for meditation, as food for thought. It's fun to ponder such lofty concepts. And it works. You may begin to feel more connected to things, more a part of something bigger than yourself. (Of course this doesn't excuse typical religious beliefs.)

Besides, it takes a mind to distinguish one thing from another. Things have no REAL independent existence. That is where true rational thought begins: at the beginning.