Christopher Hitchens on 60 minutes tonight - Sunday 3/6/2011

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Christopher Hitchens on 60 minutes tonight - Sunday 3/6/2011

I really dig Chistopher Hitchens and I know that he has a few fans here that might want to  see him on TV,sooooo this is just a heads up, enjoy !!!

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool.I love Hitchens, too.

Cool.

I love Hitchens, too.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
I rarely miss 60minutes.

Hitchens looked surprisingly good, still an atheist, still fiesty, still Hitch.  Maybe we will  all luck out and Hitch can beat that cancer.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

BardlishtheMagnifico
atheistScience Freak
BardlishtheMagnifico's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Hitchens looked surprisingly good, still an atheist, still fiesty, still Hitch.  Maybe we will  all luck out and Hitch can beat that cancer.

I too hope so, but if he doesn't, it brings to light the absolute need for new thinkers willing to challenge the stupidity of faith.  THe four horsemen are great men, but they are not (exceptin Harris) young men.  It is our day.  It is our time.  It is time to stand up and make a great big mother-fucking racket! 

No one else has the courage. We are past Jimmy Swaggart.  Someone needs to stand up and tell Joel Osteen he is full of shit!

Wisdom lies not in thinking outside the box. Wisdom is the realization that there is no box. Truth and reality extend as far as the eye can see and infinitely further.

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Maybe we will

Jeffrick wrote:

Maybe we will all luck out and Hitch can beat that cancer.

But then theists will say God is so good he even saved people as evil as Hitchens.
On the other hand. They will say God is good for killing him, too.
God is always good!

Gotta wait until it's uploaded to the tubes, though. Don't have access to American television.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I missed it is there a

I missed it is there a webclip of this somewhere?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
try this.

Brian37 wrote:

I missed it is there a webclip of this somewhere?

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/warch/?id=7358646n&tag=related;photovideo 

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml?tag=hdr;nav

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:But then

Thunderios wrote:

But then theists will say God is so good he even saved people as evil as Hitchens.

That will just make them look even more the fools.

It's human ingenuity and intervention that has been saving him from illness, caused by the poor design of his immune system...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:Jeffrick

Thunderios wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Maybe we will all luck out and Hitch can beat that cancer.

On the other hand. They will say God is good for killing him, too.
God is always good!

Gotta wait until it's uploaded to the tubes, though. Don't have access to American television.

LOL..totally self defeating argument.  You realize you can make up a fictional god and say the exact same thing?

I hope Hitchens beats it too since that will stick it to the ChristNUTS.

But Hitchens has been a chain smoker and a heavy drinker his entire adult life!! He probably started smoking as a teenager or maybe younger! If he does die THAT is the major factor not anything else.

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Thunderios

redneF wrote:

Thunderios wrote:

It's human ingenuity and intervention that has been saving him from illness, caused by the poor design of his immune system...

Don't use the word "design" it feeds the fundies. Hitchens cancer was do to evolution as part of genetic variants and his own addictions.

But it does bring up the point when fundies want to argue design that would make the cancer designed too.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:redneF

Brian37 wrote:

redneF wrote:

Thunderios wrote:

Don't use the word "design" it feeds the fundies. Hitchens cancer was do to evolution as part of genetic variants and his own addictions.

But it does bring up the point when fundies want to argue design that would make the cancer designed too.

LOL...why don't they say an invisible pink headed dragon with 5 arms, 3 legs, and 5 heads created us and the cancer?  Delusional nutcase Christians don't realize their bible is the EXACT same thing as a FICTIONAL story.  Nothing outside the bible to corroborate it or to show it's anything but a FAIRY TALE!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:redneF

Brian37 wrote:

redneF wrote:

Thunderios wrote:

Well, that's the whole point. We are not 'designed' at all. We've just evolved a certain way. Certain deviations are better adapted to survive the natural environment, and as a result will flourish, and others will not, and we will not see many of them, because they would have ended up as dinner for some carnivore.

I don't know why Creationists believe there will be examples of all mutations in the fossil record.

Are they that stupid?

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris