Living Without Religion Ad Campgn.--U can love, live, hope, and care w/o religion (Video)

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Living Without Religion Ad Campgn.--U can love, live, hope, and care w/o religion (Video)

Pretty nice video.  Actually makes it appear like most Americans are normal and objective like we are instead of the crazy Christnuts they are.  Of course I know most Americans don't preach the insanity and are pretty secular when dealing with the public but some are batsh*t insane in their private beliefs.

You can still care, live, hope, and love without the mythical Jesus.

The video is put out by the Center  For Inquiry.  Unfortunately I've not seen this video air anywhere.  I doubt any of you guys have either?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
That's awesome. 

That's awesome.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:That's

mellestad wrote:

That's awesome.

Yeah, it is isn't it?  The video shows a nice cross section of Americans of different races, ages, and ethnic groups and makes it appear that most of us are like that!!

Well, at least secularism has a STRONG foothold in America unlike many of the crazy muzzie nations where they can stone you to death or just kill you, arrest you, etc. if they find out you are no longer a Muslim.

I've even met very religious Christians who shut the hell up when I tell them it's all crap and Jesus is purely MYTHICAL with no eyewitness or even contemporary accounts that he lived on earth and gods BEFORE him also had virgin birth, blood sacrifice, resurrection, birthday on 12/25, etc.

If you did that to religious Muslims in a Muslim nation I don't think it would go over so well!

You might end up planning your own funeral!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
I am offended because, I am a christian and i have rights too

Seems like all of you so called people that dont believe in God, have spoken up so loud against my beliefs that as an American, I am offended. Well I am speaking up for what I know is right. I know that there is a God and that he lives and will soon someday come back after those who do believe in Him. There is a heaven and a hell and if you dont believe in this , you will someday will find out. So if I cant put up signs about God and His good doings along the roads because it offends you, well I am one that will speak up to you your beliefs and signs offend me and as a christian I WILL CONTINUE TO SPEAK UP FOR MY RIGHTS. In this country we have a freedom of speach so I am standing on Gods word and and you nonbelievers believe what you want but you will find out someday that I am right. Think what you want, Please keep your thoughts to yourself I have to and if you would please stop offending me I wont say anything more to you to offend you. After all this is OUR country. You live your life without God and I will choose to live mine for God. God made the earth, He made the air we breath, He gave us life. Without God there wouldnt be man or woman.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum. If you

Welcome to the forum. If you continue posting, I recommend that you sign up for an account.

Anonymous wrote:
Well I am speaking up for what I know is right.

Since it is so important to you, are you willing to have a dialogue with me?

Anonymous wrote:
I know that there is a God and that he lives and will soon someday come back after those who do believe in Him. There is a heaven and a hell and if you dont believe in this , you will someday will find out.

Okay, and how do you know that?

Anonymous wrote:
So if I cant put up signs about God and His good doings along the roads because it offends you, well I am one that will speak up to you your beliefs and signs offend me and as a christian I WILL CONTINUE TO SPEAK UP FOR MY RIGHTS.

Legally, you can put up signs along the road as much as you want, as long as you have the money for it.

Anonymous wrote:
In this country we have a freedom of speach so I am standing on Gods word and and you nonbelievers believe what you want but you will find out someday that I am right. Think what you want, Please keep your thoughts to yourself I have to and if you would please stop offending me I wont say anything more to you to offend you.

As you stated, we have freedom of speech in the U.S. So, I am allowed to say what I want to say, and I will continue to say what I want to say, because I believe that communication and knowledge is more important than not offending you.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote:  Seems

Anonymous wrote:
  Seems like all of you so called people that dont believe in God, have spoken up so loud against my beliefs that as an American, I am offended.

Do you want some cheese to go along with that whine?

Buy it yourself...

Anonymous wrote:
 Well I am speaking up for what I know is right. 

You mean you're voicing your opinion?

Ya, so?

Waddya want for that, a coconut?  Two coconuts?

Anonymous wrote:
 I know that there is a God and that he lives and will soon someday come back after those who do believe in Him.

I know that tonight I'll be taking a shower again with my wife, and I'll probably end up with my tongue inside her a** again, but maybe you don't wanna hear that...

Anonymous wrote:
I WILL CONTINUE TO SPEAK UP FOR MY RIGHTS.

Somebody give him a coconut, already...

Anonymous wrote:
In this country we have a freedom of speach

Thanks for that, Captain Obvious... 

Anonymous wrote:
 Think what you want

You're not the boss of me, so watch your mouth, boy...

Anonymous wrote:
 Please keep your thoughts to yourself

Fuck you, asshole.

Anonymous wrote:
 if you would please stop offending me I wont say anything more to you to offend you.

This isn't open for negotiation.

If your feelings get hurt, call the waaaaaahhhhhmbulance.

I don't care what you jerk off to, personally.

Anonymous wrote:
 After all this is OUR country.

Don't know what bumper sticker you've been readin, Bubba, but 'America is the land of the free'

Anonymous wrote:
You live your life ...

The way I want to, Bubba.

So get off my cloud...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
You mean psycho Christnuts

You mean psycho Christnuts are allowed here??  I thought this place was free of those crazy loons!

Hey Anyonymous, I see why you don't register.  You know you're a fake and a fraud just like your MYTHICAL Jesus!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

kourtney:) loves jesus (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
ONE NATION UNDER GOD :D

LOOK > you people are ignorant. and one day are going to rot in hell. im not in church every fuckin sunday . but you REALLY ARE STREACHIN YOUR RIGHTS HUN>. our "MYTHICAL JESUS" , is going to be the make your going to meet one day. IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WE HAVE A RIGHT TO SPEAK HOWEVER THE FUCK WE WANT. SAY WHATEVER THE HELL WE PLEASE. AND SAY WHATEVER WE BELEIVE. YOU ARE AND IGNORANT STUPID. IDIOT IN MY OPINIONSmiling (thats the best part of america all our silly little opinions) JUST LIKE YOUR "NON BELIEVEIN " NATION .  YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF OPINONS KEEP THEM TO YOUR DAMN SELVES. YOU WANNA PREACH ON HOW YOU HAVE THE "RIGHT" TO BELIVE WHAT YOU WANT YOU DOSmiling YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT BUT PUTTIN UP BILLBOARDS ACROSS AMERICA TO POST AN OPINION. AND ITS WRONG. YOU "non belivers" WOULD SHIT YOUR PANTS IF WE CHRISTIANS PUTT UP BANNERS AND BILLBOARDS AND MADE SIGNS THAT FELL FROM THE SKY ABOUT OUR GOD. ABOUT OUR BELEIFS. YOU PEOPLE WOULD BE MARCHIN DOWN THE STREET MAD AS HELL RIOTING. I GOT ONTO THIS SITE LOOKIN TO POST MY "OPINION" ABOUT THAT LIVEWIHTOUTRELIGON.ORG BULLSHIT. ITS WRONG KEEP IT TO YOUR SELFS. WE ALL LIVE IN AMERICA BUT IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY THIS COUNTRY RUNS GET THE FUCK OUT ID LOVE TO RUN YOUR NON BELEIVEN NATION OUT OF HERE. GO SOMEWHERE WERE THEY DONT BELEIVE IN GOD. GREATEST THOUGHT OF THE DAYSmiling . THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT ONE NATION UNDER GOD' QUOATIN THE NATIONAL ANTHEM. DO YOU LEAVE THAT PART OUT. SO NOW YOUR NOT PATRIOTIC SO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. WE CHRISTIANS SHOULD AND WILL BAN TOGEHTHER AND KICK YOUR NON BELEIVING BULLSHIT OUT OF HERE WITH OUR "OPINIONS" PRAISESmiling OUR LOUD GOSPELS THAT WE SHALL SING HIGH INTO THE HEAVENS TO GOD,. YOU ALL WANNA GO ON ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS. WE HAVE A SUNDAY. A DAY TO REST DEDICATED TO OUR GOD. YOU ALL NEEED TO GO SIT THROUGH A CHURCH SERVICE. MAYBE YOULL FEEL HIM TOO. THATS PROBABALY THE PROBLEM YOU HAVE NEVER LET HIM IN. NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS FIGHT ABOUT RELIGON YOU ALL JUST SOUNDED THE ALARMS. I WILL GO TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY NOW STARTING THIS SUNDAY. ALL BECASUE THAT BILLLBOARD. IN THE SENSE OF IGNORANCE YOU ALL ARE. HOPE, FAITH, LOVE , AND TO CARE IS A FEELING. YOU CANT SEE THEM , YOU CANT HOLD THEM, YOU CANT BUILD THEM OUT OF MAN MAID MATERIALS. ITS A FEELIN THAT SOUROUNDS YOUR HEART. A FEELING YOU HAVE TO TRUST YOU KNOW IT IS THERE. YOU ARE BASING GOD OFF OF . SCIENTIFIC FACTS?? GIVE ME A MOTHER FUCKN FACT SAYIN HOPE DOES EXCIST OR LOVE , GIVE ME SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEN THOSE FEELINGS STANDING IN THE FLESH OR BUILT THEM OUT OF MATERIALS.??     YOU ALL KEEP YOUR OPINONS TO YOURSELF.  WE WILL OURS . KEEP GOING OFF YOUR "WE HAVE THE RIGHTS TO SPEAK" YOU HAVE OFFENED ME IN THE BIGGEST WAY POSSIBLE. DISRESPECTING WHAT I BELEIVE.  TRYING TO SHOVE SOME BULLSHIT WORDS ONA BILLBOARD DOWN MY THROAT. . THE CHRISTIAN NATION WILL STAND TOGEHER AND PISS ON YOUR BELIFS THE WAYS YOU HAVE OURS.       

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the

Welcome to the forum.

kourtneySmiling loves jesus wrote:
IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WE HAVE A RIGHT TO SPEAK HOWEVER THE FUCK WE WANT. SAY WHATEVER THE HELL WE PLEASE. AND SAY WHATEVER WE BELEIVE.

Using caps lock does not make your arguments any more sound. It just makes you look emotional and irrational.

Quote:
YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT BUT PUTTIN UP BILLBOARDS ACROSS AMERICA TO POST AN OPINION. AND ITS WRONG. YOU "non belivers" WOULD SHIT YOUR PANTS IF WE CHRISTIANS PUTT UP BANNERS AND BILLBOARDS AND MADE SIGNS THAT FELL FROM THE SKY ABOUT OUR GOD. ABOUT OUR BELEIFS. YOU PEOPLE WOULD BE MARCHIN DOWN THE STREET MAD AS HELL RIOTING.

You just stated that in this country, we have the right to say what we want. So, we have the right to put up billboards, just like you. Also, you don't have to speak of Christians putting up billboards as a hypothetical; you guys put up exponentially more billboards than we do. There's no rioting yet.

Quote:
ITS WRONG KEEP IT TO YOUR SELFS. WE ALL LIVE IN AMERICA BUT IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY THIS COUNTRY RUNS GET THE FUCK OUT ID LOVE TO RUN YOUR NON BELEIVEN NATION OUT OF HERE.

Even if we are "wrong," discouraging communication and dissent is also wrong. You should not simply exile and ban anyone that disagrees with you.

Quote:
YOU ALL NEEED TO GO SIT THROUGH A CHURCH SERVICE. MAYBE YOULL FEEL HIM TOO. THATS PROBABALY THE PROBLEM YOU HAVE NEVER LET HIM IN.

You are lacking a lot of perspective. Many of us used to be Christians. Several of the people that currently post on this forum were or were training to be ministers. Personally, I have read most of the Bible and have been to church services many times.

Quote:
I WILL GO TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY NOW STARTING THIS SUNDAY. ALL BECASUE THAT BILLLBOARD.

Good. That would allow you to learn more about your religion. You should read the Bible too, the whole thing, front to back.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

JupiterCoyote
Superfan
JupiterCoyote's picture
User is offlineOffline
Phrase

There is something about the phrase "You don't need God to hope, to care, to love, to live." I don't like.   It implies there is only one god for people to believe in.
Instead of pointing to one god, i would have edited the video with "You don't need a god, or gods to hope, to care, to love, to live. " to illustrate that sheeple exhibit the belief in more than just one single deity.

Still fantastic video regardless and  extremely elated to see it at first light.

PBS is the only possible mass media airtime i would imagine seeing it on and even the odds of that would be even more slim than the odds of gods existing.

GodlessMonk
atheist
GodlessMonk's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is there something about

Is there something about this ad that makes xtians post in uncomfortable blocks of text?

Interesting...

Also, I like the argument, "You'll see!  You'll ALL see!!!" as a way to proseletize.  I'm almost convinced, myself.  Eye-wink

Robb

"The general opinion is not always the perfect truth..."
- Giordano Bruno