French Rejecting Marriage

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
French Rejecting Marriage

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/16/world/europe/16france.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

My girlfriend told me about it yesterday and I only just now got around to reading an article on the topic. Man, this is great stuff!

I'll bet the catholic church is just tossing and turning in their sleep lol

"But the sanctity of marriage! Won't anyone think of the sanctity of marriage!?! If people aren't getting married then they aren't getting married, and that's bad! People have to get married because.. well.. sanctity of marriage!!"

I love the catholics, the stupidity these guys manage to get away with is staggering.

But the French leaning even more toward a secular state is terrific news!!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 But what about the

But what about the sanctity of marriage? Don't they know that without the sanctity of marriage all of those heathens will run around murdering babies and eating kittens?Worst of all, they might have CHILDREN OUT OF WEDLOCK.....AHHHHHHHHH it is the end of civilization!

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
The French are very

The French are very progressive, in many ways, as are many Europeans.

Not just in social circles, but in many aspects of design, engineering, science and technology, medicine, the arts, etc, compared to the western world, much as I hate to admit it.

For example, in Quebec, Canada, they're debating on legalizing euthanasia:

http://alexschadenberg.blogspot.com/2010/11/euthanasia-poll-what-do-people-of.html

Polls show as high as 83% of people want to legalize euthanasia.

That ought to make some Christians mental.

As far as Christians, and 'marriage', you have clowns like evanglelist John MacArthur who think that we need to begin better understanding the term 'slave'.

"Even true Christians, the people who truly believe and are genuinely converted and understand the gospel, now if they understand the concept of slave, have a much I did a much richer a much more defining way to understand what the Lord has done for me, the benevolent grace which he dispenses to me – I’m a slave but I’ve become a friend and a son and a citizen and a joint heir and I reign with him – this is a new way to understand slavery, not in terms of American abusive African slave trade but in terms of I am owned by a master who loves me and wants to provide everything in his limitless resources out of that love to make my life eternally joyful. That is a concept of slavery that’s easily embraceable." : John MacArthur

http://www.christianpost.com/news/interview-john-macarthur-on-being-a-slave-for-christ-middle-east-unrest-49087/

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 I don't have a link, but I

I don't have a link, but I remember reading a proposal in Germany a few years back, where people had to reapply for a marriage licence every five years, lest it expired and annul the marriage.  I don't think it made it but I think that's a great freaking idea.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:That is a

redneF wrote:

That is a concept of slavery that’s easily embraceable." : John MacArthur 

Well said, John, I too want to be a slave now.

What a tool.