"It's clearly an image of Jesus"

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
"It's clearly an image of Jesus"

Just found this beauty:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-jesus-image-in-chair,0,3187416.story

Actually, it is an image of Bob Marley. .. clearly...

Why people are such idiots even individually, not in large groups as ElRushbo likes to cite?!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Groan

We have barely progressed from the stone age.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Dude, it's not jeebus.It's

Dude, it's not jeebus.

It's clearly Rob Zombie.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I am deadly serious when I

I am deadly serious when I say this:

I pretend people like this don't actually exist.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:I am deadly

mellestad wrote:

She says that she is not sure of what it means but it is a sign of good things to come ? Wait a minute, I thought she wasn't sure what it means ? How does she know it does not mean that the end draweth nigh ?

They say that they are not overtly religious but can not dispute the image ? HOLY SHIT ! How are people so stupid ?

Now, in a couple of months, when their lives are still going nowhere and new problems emerge, I am sure that they will somehow twist the events around to be the miracle of the Jesus rocking chair that made it all possible.

If their daughter gets killed by some mad rapist, they'll conclude that the Jesus rocking chair was trying to warn  them.

Everytime I get a little bit of hope for the human race, stories like these occur. Cursing Man

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:I am deadly

mellestad wrote:

Don't be so harsh, man.

Rob Zombie rocks!

I jest, I jest...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
He more looks like the top

He more looks like the top of his head is bald.

Perhaps Ragnar Lodbrok the Norse legendary hero from the Viking Age?

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Actually, it is an image of Bob Marley. .. clearly...

Well, I guess they won't sit on that chair anymore, that would mean pushing their butt into Jesus' face.

These apparitions of Jesus' face are so ambivalent. Muslims have it better. They can not display holy faces, so they have miraculously manifested words or whole sentences in arabic script on various food or even color patterns of belly fur of goats and sheep.

http://www.islamawareness.net/Miracles/miracle_eggs.html

I wonder why these people ate the beans with "Allah" pattern. I would grow more of them.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

lalib
atheist
lalib's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fun fact: Muslims see

Fun fact: Muslims see Islamic phenomena in nature and Christians see christian phenomena in nature, but never do you see a Muslim who see a Jesus face in his falafel. 

I wonder why? 

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
lalib wrote:Fun fact:

lalib wrote:

Fun fact: Muslims see Islamic phenomena in nature and Christians see christian phenomena in nature, but never do you see a Muslim who see a Jesus face in his falafel. 

I wonder why? 

Very good question Smiling Perhaps because they would be so charmed by the sign, they would no longer be Muslim, and become Christian immediately.  At which point their friends would have to kill them for converting, hence we never hear of these incidents.  They're quite common however, there are just no good Christians around to report it.  The streets of Middle East are littered with Jesus sculpted falafels.  And also infidel Christian heads.  Smiling

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline

lalib wrote:

I wonder why? 

Muslims have forbidden to create holy icons, in accordance with the law "thou shalt not make graven images of god," or something like that. Many historical depictions of Muhammad are drawn with veiled face.

Muslim miracles are mostly when they find Allah's name in arabic script on various natural objects. Or the first sentence of Koran, that's also frequent. Alternatively, another muslim miracle type is, when a person manifests stones out of body. There was a case of girl who weeps razor-sharp crystals without any pain, or a man who produces gemstones out of his toe.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:There was a

Luminon wrote:

There was a case of girl who weeps razor-sharp crystals without any pain, or a man who produces gemstones out of his toe.

Oye vey...

I wanna see the YouTube on that.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote: Luminon wrote:

redneF wrote:

Luminon wrote:

There was a case of girl who weeps razor-sharp crystals without any pain, or a man who produces gemstones out of his toe.

Oye vey...

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:redneF wrote:

Luminon wrote:

redneF wrote:

Luminon wrote:

Oye vey...

You do realize that's a hoax right? Please tell me you don't believe that's real.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
That settles it.I believe. 

That settles it.

I believe.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:That settles

redneF wrote:

That settles it.

I believe.

Of course, this and everything else which the 'powers that be' manifest for religious folks to have a miracle, is subsequently imitated by the skeptic community. The fact, that skeptics are capable of immitation on a small scale is then regarded as a proof, that the original phenomenon was manifested by exactly the same fake method. Is that correct? :P 

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
What would be immitation in

What would be immitation in a small scale, exactly?

The tape you've shown is edited.

There's something in the corner of her eye, and then there's an edit to the guy scratching something with an object that resembles what came out of her eye.

Am I supposed to come to the conclusion that she has razor sharp crystal tears?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I don't see the editing as

I don't see the editing as you suggest. Yes, it is edited but it could be a girl who got a bit of glass in her eye. That and a few clips of people who did the same. Let me see the damage to the eyeball and we will have something.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline

lalib wrote:
Fun fact: Muslims see Islamic phenomena in nature and Christians see christian phenomena in nature, but never do you see a Muslim who see a Jesus face in his falafel. = 

I wonder why? 

You are not trying hard enough. It is a rare theist who finds iconography in weird shit. However, Buddhists have no god. So it follows logically that all Buddhists find nothing in everything.

[/rimshot]

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I don't see the editing as you suggest.

The tape is spliced to another scene at 12 sec. of the guy scratching something with what they want us to believe is the same thing that came out of her eye.

Even if there was no editing, it's not a compelling evidence that there's any supernatural phenonema.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Answers in Gene

redneF wrote:

I don't see the editing as you suggest.

The tape is spliced to another scene at 12 sec. of the guy scratching something with what they want us to believe is the same thing that came out of her eye.

Even if there was no editing, it's not a compelling evidence that there's any supernatural phenonema.

Might be evidence of child abuse though, heh.

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
My personal favorite miracle

My personal favorite miracle image... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8-8WJxA-cI

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

I don't see the editing as you suggest. Yes, it is edited but it could be a girl who got a bit of glass in her eye. That and a few clips of people who did the same. Let me see the damage to the eyeball and we will have something.

Awww, don't you get it? It's not just glass in her eye; it's miracle glass tears!!!!!1111 So of course there wouldn't be any damage to her eyes. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:lalib

Luminon wrote:

lalib wrote:

I wonder why? 

Muslims have forbidden to create holy icons, in accordance with the law "thou shalt not make graven images of god," or something like that. Many historical depictions of Muhammad are drawn with veiled face.

Muslim miracles are mostly when they find Allah's name in arabic script on various natural objects. Or the first sentence of Koran, that's also frequent. Alternatively, another muslim miracle type is, when a person manifests stones out of body. There was a case of girl who weeps razor-sharp crystals without any pain, or a man who produces gemstones out of his toe.

My understanding is this is a fairly recent thing.  There are many older pictorial representations of Mo' baring his face.  Then some someone wanted to show how holy they were and decreed you couldn't make icons, so there you go.

Gemstones out of his toe?  Lol.