Sexy Science

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sexy Science

There's nothing hotter for me, than a woman with brains.

The more, the better.

This woman is a tough act to beat.

She rocks!

Her name is Lisa Randall.

It would be great if the media gave more exposure to women like her, than the next Lady Gaga.

We'd have more women with substance.

Check this out this 4 part interview with her discussing her research into particle physics, quantum theory, string theory etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm38apPNUs&feature=related

She's also written a book that should be an interesting read.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

ragdish
atheist
ragdish's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:There's nothing

redneF wrote:

The more, the better.

She rocks!

It would be great if the media gave more exposure to women like her, than the next Lady Gaga.

Check this out this 4 part interview with her discussing her research into particle physics, quantum theory, string theory etc...

Based on her photo, she looks fucking hot and I'm horny as hell!!!!!!! But according to certain self-righteous feminist moral crusaders, such "male gaze" attitudes are thoughtcrime and destroy a woman's intellect. Is it impossible to appreciate a woman for both her brains and physical beauty?

ragdish
atheist
ragdish's picture
User is offlineOffline
And here's a picture of her

And here's a picture of her equally hot and super intelligent sister, Dana Randall a professor of Computer Science:

I would most certainly enjoy a delightful conversation with the Randall sisters on the finer points of algorithms, combinatorics and 10 dimensional space amongst other more carnal issues in my hot tub.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
ragdish wrote:  Based on

ragdish wrote:

Based on her photo, she looks fucking hot and I'm horny as hell!!!!!!! But according to certain self-righteous feminist moral crusaders, such "male gaze" attitudes are thoughtcrime and destroy a woman's intellect. Is it impossible to appreciate a woman for both her brains and physical beauty?

Laughing out loud

I have read some of your articles about those crusaders and I agree with you 100%.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
ragdish wrote: Based on her

ragdish wrote:

Based on her photo, she looks fucking hot and I'm horny as hell!!!!!!!

She is definitely a physically attractive woman

ragdish wrote:
But according to certain self-righteous feminist moral crusaders, such "male gaze" attitudes are thoughtcrime and destroy a woman's intellect.

That's hackneyed self righteous indignation.

That's 'projecting' insecurities.

ragdish wrote:
Is it impossible to appreciate a woman for both her brains and physical beauty?

Much like 'is it impossible to appreciate a woman's beautiful breasts?'

The correct answer is:

It depends.

It's based on arbitrary 'value' judgments.

The woman's.

It all depends on whether the woman in question desires the appreciation, and from whom.

Everyone else is 'secondary', and 'projecting' their judgments.

I don't care as much about other people's minds, since I've got my own.

I think she's hot.

And, it's nice to see really stylish and attractive women who aspire to substance, over style.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Lol, this is like the

Lol, this is like the chess club center-fold.  We should all snort and adjust our thick glasses after every comment. 

I'm a happily married man, that being said I do find her attractive, but no more so because of the brains.  I find air-heads a turnoff but there's a limit on what intelligence can do for a woman.  I guess I'm just shallow... I'm ok with that.  I think handcuffs as a sextoy = about 30 IQ points in my book.  Tits and ass = about 40 together...  Face = about 15.   ( just kidding of course )  My wife is my life, and I love her very much, I know it sounds corny but I don't really look at other women that way.  I can appreciate 'hotness' but never entertain the idea.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, aside from her

Well, aside from her appearances, she articulates concepts very well, in layman's terms. She doesn't have that stuffy geeky kind of vibe to her, that old men with beards in white lab coats have.

She's got a very youthful enthusiasm and exhuberance about her.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote: . Check this

redneF wrote:

Really good video. Interesting stuff. It does help that she is hot.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
The Large Hadron Collider

Here is a video of Lisa explaining the Large Hadron Collider. I hope to hear more of her stuff as it becomes available. The youtube search engine did not reveal that many results as of yet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7XtqH6ETZc&feature=channel

― Giordano Bruno

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote: Lol, this is

Ktulu wrote:

Lol, this is like the chess club center-fold.

Wait until I get a bit drunker.  I will see about making a sexy nerds calendar.  Heck but I would bet that if I do a good enough job, I could make it a web site and get many hits on it for the rest of the year.

Edit:  Meet Claire Gmachl.  She is best known for her work in the development of quantum cascade lasers.

Professor of Electrical Engineering
Director of MIRTHE (NSF-ERC)

Ph.D., Technical University of Vienna, Austria, 1995
M.Sc., Physics, University of Innsbruck, Austria, 1991

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Wait until I get a bit drunker.  I will see about making a sexy nerds calendar.  Heck but I would bet that if I do a good enough job, I could make it a web site and get many hits on it for the rest of the year.

Never really was a nerd, but it seemed like every nerd and sci-fi fan I went to school with defined the "ultimate woman" as Traci Lords. That was one thing that we almost had an agreement with.

― Giordano Bruno

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote: she articulates concepts very well,layman's terms.

Exactly ! she is easy to listen to, she should be a teacher. Anyway thanks for posting her discussion with Charlie.     Science is "sexy" no matter what !    A beauty like that makes learning easier.

Signature ? How ?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Wait until I get a bit drunker. 

Bartender!

Another round for my friend!

Let's get it on!

Here's another woman with substance, and style.

Hedy Lamarr

Famous actress in the 30's and 40's.

She was co-inventor of a 'frequency hopping system' for controlling torpedos, that would become the basis for modern wireless communications.

Here's an article on her:

http://patentpending.blogs.com/patent_pending_blog/2006/01/hedy_lamar_inve.html#trackback

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another smart cookie.Eugenie

Another smart cookie.

Dr. Eugenie Scott. Director at the National Center for Science Education.

Here she gives the background on the Intelligent Design scam trying to infiltrate our school systems.

You can't pull the wool over this smart cookie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE3Qvfm8jU0&feature=related

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:There's nothing

redneF wrote:

The more, the better.

She rocks!

I would deposit enough DNA between her shoulder blades to petri dish a nation of self-indulgent egomaniacs