Sexist pig wont restle girl says it is against his "faith".

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sexist pig wont restle girl says it is against his "faith".

Cant find a link but just heard the story on Headline News.  A boy refuses to wrestle a girl WHO WANTS to wrestle. I think maybe this coward has seen her record and doesn't want to be embarrassed. My point to this dickhead is that he should not care who beats him and should care more about winning himself.

While accepting our evolutionary differences ON AVERAGE, that males do grow bigger, his argument would make more sense from a purely secular evolutionary standpoint. BUT AGAIN, he is not making this his argument, he is basing his "faith".

Wrestling is weight class based, so I see no problem with two people who have the same height and weight competing physically. And it is even more absurd that he he is making this bullshit claim when SHE is not being forced to participate and WANTS to participate.

I certainly have more physical strength ON AVERAGE, than a woman my age and my height. But I am only 5 foot 10 and do not have the same strength as say a woman weightlifter who is 6 foot tall and weighs more than me and is younger.

I think this sexist bigot simply doesn't want to "lose to a girl"

I even hated this shit when a female pulled this crap on me in a PE class where she beat me at bowling she said, "sucks to be beaten by a girl". No, it sucks to lose, nothing more. Why shouldn't I be happy when anyone beats me fairly, regardless of their sex?

But what gets me more about this is that he says it "goes against his faith". Fine, so women shouldn't be police officers or firemen because those jobs are dangerous.

Accepting that their is a majority in a given sample as a ratio ignores the fact that life is a range and if this girl can compete and wants to compete then you are a fucking asshole who might as well force women to wear burkas.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
And they had a caller

And they had a caller segment and this woman who was against this said, "Even tennis isn't co-ed" WHAT THE FUCK?

HEY YOU STUPID BITCH, EVER HEARD OF MIXED DOUBLES?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
My hormones kicked in two

My hormones kicked in two years late, so I'm pretty much weaker than anybody, including girls. I also suck at bowling, so I get beaten with it a lot too. Also the sexist jokes from girls who say the same thing.
Why would having an advantage be a reason not to wrestle? If she wants to wrestle, and she actually is weaker, he has nothing to fear...

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
sounds like he might have

sounds like he might have been concerned that he'd get an erection during the match.

You know how theists are with their naughty bits. Wrestling a girl doesn't conform to his "Christian side hug" mentality.

I would be more concerned about having a vulnerability that she could take advantage of. After all, if the ref doesn't see it it's legal.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:sounds like

jcgadfly wrote:

sounds like he might have been concerned that he'd get an erection during the match.

You know how theists are with their naughty bits. Wrestling a girl doesn't conform to his "Christian side hug" mentality.

I would be more concerned about having a vulnerability that she could take advantage of. After all, if the ref doesn't see it it's legal.

That's what I was thinking, every time I 'wrestled' a girl it was foreplay.  I don't think I could do it without getting an erection, but that's just me.  I mean some of those grips are really homo-erotic.  I can't imagine having the mental self restraint not to get turned on with a girl, unless she has a beard and smells like wet dog.  It would also be very distracting,.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Joel Northrup an asshole

Joel Northrup an asshole with a Pastor father, just saw this.

Thunderios wrote:

My hormones kicked in two years late, so I'm pretty much weaker than anybody, including girls. I also suck at bowling, so I get beaten with it a lot too. Also the sexist jokes from girls who say the same thing.
Why would having an advantage be a reason not to wrestle? If she wants to wrestle, and she actually is weaker, he has nothing to fear...

I would have respect for anyone saying, "I am not going to physically compete with this person because I know I will clean their clock" THAT can be a lagit reason not to engage someone.

Just because I am a guy, doesn't mean I ever had the ability to be a linebacker. And for example Darell Green who was only 5 foot 9, and only about 175 competed against 6-2 linbackers weighing 300lbs.

Even if I was only 20 years old and didn't smoke, and there was a woman who trained in martial arts, and I didn't, EVEN IF she weighed less, her training would compensate. But even if she is she same size and same weight in a competition, and she wants to compete, then she should be allowed to.

This is nothing more than religious utopia script writing gender role bullshit.

Humans are a RANGE, not an absolute. Recognizing biological differences as a ratio is important and we should not treat it as a mythological script.

I remember the FOX Celebrity boxing stunt where they pitted Buttanasshole against China. I think he still would have won, but he had to cheat with low blows that wouldn't even be accepted in a same sex match.

It wasn't wrong for China to step into the ring with a guy. I think what was wrong was putting a guy in that was out of her weight class. I think there would have been many men she would have floored if it had been more physically even.

Even though she lost, even in this case, I remember Butthole having to cheat and her getting in plenty of good licks herself.

I have no problem accepting that there are others, in sports, or in life, male or female, that can do certain things better than I can. I also know in other arenas, such as debate, there are plenty of people I outclass. None of what one is good at has to be about what their sex or even their sexuality is.

I say if you can do it, give it a shot. It would thrill me, for example to see a female kicker in the NFL. We've already had a female NHL player. http://www.hhof.com/html/wmspla04.shtml She is a bit down the list.

This is another example about how religion holds back progress.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I often say that I would

I often say that I would have loved to have Xena Warrior Princess as my girlfriend in high school when the jocks picked on me. I wouldn't have been ashamed at all being protected by a women.

We do that all the time in real life with female police officers, female military and female doctors and female fire fighters and female EMTs.

Joel Northrup gets my "asshole of the week" award.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I rather enjoy wrestling

I rather enjoy wrestling with women. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

I rather enjoy wrestling with women. 

And so do I, but that is not the type of "wrestling" we are talking about smarty pants.

Anyway, in all seriousness, another woman called in and brought up the point that in the "teen years" how would you distinguish "copping a feel" vs touching that is part of the sport? She said that she came from a family of female wrestlers but wants it separate.

I think I would point out, what if one of those teen's is gay? Couldn't they "cop a feel" too?

I don't think when you have all those eyes on you that you are going to take that risk. I had a gay man cop a feel on me, and I wasn't even wrestling. His gay couple friends at the party were horrified that he groped me., kicked him out, and apologized to me , not that they had to, I wasn't blaming them, just him. He was drunk and thought he could get away with it. My loud yell which got everyone's attention put an end to that.

But I most certainly would not object to a gay man touching me in a contact sport such as basketball or football, if I could play. I think anyone, male or female that does that sort of thing isn't going to use a high profile situation, they are more likely going to try to pick on someone they think is vulnerable.

If this girl had that happen to her, it would have happened sooner rather than later and she would have complained about it. I think the fact that she made it all the way to the state finals says to me that all but this one asshole is mature enough to handle it.