No,Atheist Don't Have to Show "Respect" for Religion !

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
No,Atheist Don't Have to Show "Respect" for Religion !

Progressive believers often ignore religious differences in the name of tolerance.But this ecumenicalism promotes anti-atheist hostility and shows a disregard for the truth.    www.alternet.org/belief/149588/no%2C_atheist_don%27t_have_to_show_%22_for_religion/

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:   

Ken G. wrote:

Progressive believers often ignore religious differences in the name of tolerance.But this ecumenicalism promotes anti-atheist hostility and shows a disregard for the truth.    www.alternet.org/belief/149588/no%2C_atheist_don%27t_have_to_show_%22_for_religion/

I don't have an attention span that I could read all four pages Laughing out loud
The writer might be right. But in my area (somewhere in Holland) it's not that much of a problem. People try to find their view on life all the time, whether you're being a Christian, a Christian that doesn't go to the same church their parents do because they don't like the idea preached in that church (because what you like is true, obviously) or an atheist. Everybody gets respect.
Unless you're a Muslim, that is. Although a lot of people try to be nice to them, because they're people, somehow we all commonly dislike them. It's kinda weird...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Church of Galileo's time

The Church of Galileo's time demanded respect and put him under house arrest until he died for telling the truth.

We only owe each other "respect" in human rights. But that doesn't mean a claim ON ANY SUBJECT should get taboo status just because we agree that you should have the right to claim it.

Words like "respect" "Honor" and "justice" are merely words the insecure use to avoid finding tested data to back up their claims.

What should be respected is data that has been thrashed to death and still comes out universal beyond personal bias.

There is the difference between the human right, which all humans should have, to be free to say what they want. But equally important to human progress is the ability to question any and all claims to insure quality of data.

If our species always catered to social norms we never would have left the caves.

The worst thing the believer has to fear is being wrong, but in being wrong, instead of looking at it as an attack on their personal rights, which it is not, they should look at it as a learning experience. The species didn't die out when people gave up on belief in Isis, and I think we will do fine without the current popular superstitions as well.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: What should be respected is data

Exactly , I could'nt have said it better !