Intention of the gospel writers

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline
Intention of the gospel writers

I would to know what the intentions of the writers of the gospels and epistles were if this stuff wasnt real than why is it written the way it is.

I dont beileve its true but i cant imagine how people could make this stuff up. Are the books we have know the way they were always written and why are they written the way they are like when jesus does miracles and the priests say he is a devil. Obviously it didnt happen so what was the stories purpose.

Also is the story of lazarus a complete fabrication it has to be people dont come back from the dead so who made it up and when.

Im also suspcious of pauls vision that has to be a fabrication to because if he hated christians then why would he have a visoin of jesus obvioulsy he didnt know what he looked like was paul really making this all up with some self serving purpose in mind.

This stuff really frustrates me because i want to know how these stuff can be made up it doesnt happen today anymore.

Ive also read The Evolutionof god and find it really interested but hard to follow.

Basically I want to know what it looked like say when someone was writting the book of exodus for example how could someone write this if it didnt happen and what was the intention.

Also i realize my writing struture is horrible.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
ymalmsteen887 wrote:What

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

What thread can I post material relating to debating a christian for help debunking arguments?

Do more reading, and less talking, if you really want to get somewhere.

Your thought process is completely scatterbrained, with no direction.

Go to the Bible Errancy thread, and READ.

Stop wasting your time, and everybody elses. You keep going in circles, and you're not going to retain half of what people are telling you.

Start here:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/rook_hawkins/biblical_errancy/44

And then, go into this forum:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forums/religionandirrationalities/biblicalerrancy

There are only 11 pages of threads, that will answer many more questions than any one person, is likely to.

Grow up, and stop asking people to rewrite all this, just for YOU.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:ymalmsteen887

redneF wrote:

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

What thread can I post material relating to debating a christian for help debunking arguments?

Do more reading, and less talking, if you really want to get somewhere.

Your thought process is completely scatterbrained, with no direction.

Go to the Bible Errancy thread, and READ.

Stop wasting your time, and everybody elses. You keep going in circles, and you're not going to retain half of what people are telling you.

Start here:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/rook_hawkins/biblical_errancy/44

And then, go into this forum:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forums/religionandirrationalities/biblicalerrancy

There are only 11 pages of threads, that will answer many more questions than any one person, is likely to.

Grow up, and stop asking people to rewrite all this, just for YOU.

Gee why couldn't I have said that.  I gotta quit enabling folks.  I still have all those ministry programs running in my head saying smile be nice but you're right I have tried to feed it on a platter thinking its a translation thing but it does not seem to sink in.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:Gee why

TGBaker wrote:

Gee why couldn't I have said that.  I gotta quit enabling folks.  I still have all those ministry programs running in my head saying smile be nice but you're right I have tried to feed it on a platter thinking its a translation thing but it does not seem to sink in.

I already told ya. You're too tolerant.

You've got caught in the 'why' trap.

"Why this?"

"Why that?"

"Why not this?"

"Why not that?"

This insidious troll has almost 200 posts, in a number of threads, just making people waste their productive posting time, chasing after his red herrings.

Put him on full ignore.

I've learned more, in a few short weeks of being here, about all religions, than 90% of the religious people I know.

This troll has NO excuse, and NO reason to ask for a personal 'team' of people to help him 'save' himself.

"God helps those, who help themselves", which, translated, means, quit your whining, and fix it yourself...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
ymalmsteen887

ymalmsteen887 I received an email that you wanted to contact me. I do not have email capacity on this board but you can post me here if you wish.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:ymalmsteen887

TGBaker wrote:

ymalmsteen887 I received an email that you wanted to contact me. I do not have email capacity on this board but you can post me here if you wish.

What do you mean you dont have email capacity? Judging from your last post you seem to have a problem with me asking questions on a thread I started. I apprciate your help but I wanted to clarify a few things before I post in these threads again. I am starting to feel like a Nuisance posting here.

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline

TGBaker wrote:

What do you mean you dont have email capacity? Judging from your last post you seem to have a problem with me asking questions on a thread I started. I apprciate your help but I wanted to clarify a few things before I post in these threads again. I am starting to feel like a Nuisance posting here.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
ymalmsteen887 wrote:TGBaker

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

I am saying whatever you sent me I received an email notification that you sent me something. However I do not have an elevated account on this board so I can't access whatever you sent me.

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline

TGBaker wrote:

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

I am saying whatever you sent me I received an email notification that you sent me something. However I do not have an elevated account on this board so I can't access whatever you sent me.

I am pretty sure it goes to your email address.

Anyways can you tell me if this guys video is credible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

Also I feel there should be more to the story, it seemed like he was giong to do a second part but its been awhile since that one. I feel he should go through to the new testament.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
ymalmsteen887 wrote:TGBaker

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

I am pretty sure it goes to your email address.

Anyways can you tell me if this guys video is credible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

Also I feel there should be more to the story, it seemed like he was giong to do a second part but its been awhile since that one. I feel he should go through to the new testament.

Well your wrong so goodbye.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
ymalmsteen887 wrote:What

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

You can start a new thread. I recommend that you mention a specific argument. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline

All right then.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Troll, you've been pwned...

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Troll, you've

redneF wrote:

What does troll mean??? In this context???? I looked around on the net. 

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Someone whose primary

Someone whose primary intention is to 'stir the pot', or 'sh1t disturb', or simply lay out a trail of red herring after red herring, after red herring, because they get pleasure out of watching people 'fuss with a bone'.

AKA: Trouble Maker

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Someone whose

redneF wrote:

Someone whose primary intention is to 'stir the pot', or 'sh1t disturb', or simply lay out a trail of red herring after red herring, after red herring, because they get pleasure out of watching people 'fuss with a bone'.

AKA: Trouble Maker

I don't know what the deal was about the email. I got something to my personal email that the dude was trying to contact me. When I hit the link it said access denied. From what I could make out I needed an elevated level to have an inbox at RRS. The dude did not believe me. Why should I try to help him anylonger????

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't know why you assume

I don't know why you assume that he is sincerely struggling, and unable to use the contents of this site.

You are essentially, tutoring him. Mentoring him.

Spoon feeding him.

No offense, meant to you. You're being kind. But, maybe not skeptical enough of his true motives...

I'm done with him.

I provided links to forums on this site that debunk the BS in the bible, left, right, front, and back.

Your 'expertise' is put to better use, elsewhere, on this site.

JMO.

Cheers

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:I don't know

redneF wrote:

I don't know why you assume that he is sincerely struggling, and unable to use the contents of this site.

Spoon feeding him.

No offense, meant to you. You're being kind. But, maybe not skeptical enough of his true motives...

I'm done with him.

I provided links to forums on this site that debunk the BS in the bible, left, right, front, and back.

JMO.

Cheers

Rock and Roll. Thanks.  It seems as though he was asking for stufff he coulda looked up.... I just thought he was not getting it because of language, etc: I am learning hang in there.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beware of the 'why' trap....

Beware of the 'why' trap....

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:redneF wrote:I

TGBaker wrote:

redneF wrote:

Spoon feeding him.

I'm done with him.

JMO.

Cheers

Rock and Roll. Thanks.  It seems as though he was asking for stufff he coulda looked up.... I just thought he was not getting it because of language, etc: I am learning hang in there.

I have looked it up and there isnt information out there for quesitons like "why is the holy spirit considered unforgivable and how was it concieved of since there was no concept of it in the old testament and why did christians feel they need to make it apart of jesus and god. You havent answered this question I one point you told lee that one verse didnt help him because it said god jesus and the holy ghost telling him that means they thought of them as seperate things. But you told me the holy spirit was simply the evolution of the term spirit of god which means it is god which is what lee was trying to argue for. So which is it. The holy spirit is god from the perspective of the bible or not god and something seperate?

By the way there is info on that first question but only from christian sites from the view that it is real. I want to know what they meant when they wrote it and what was the agenda. I hear alot of atheists say religion was concieved for power and money but that verse doesnt seem to be related to either of those positions. It is(or more was now since I have gotten better) something that has tormented me for a long time and I just want to end it. So if you are bothered by my asking questions I am sorry that internet forums bother you I am not in your face you didnt even have to respond.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
ymalmsteen887 wrote: I want

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

I want to know ...

So?

How is that anyone else's problem?

You are not owed an answer.

You can't always get what you want.

Get over it.

Other people have.

You are not any one else's responsibility.

Try harder.

Focus on something positive.

Learn to let it go.

Get on with your life.

Have a nice day.

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:ymalmsteen887

redneF wrote:

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

I want to know ...

So?

How is that anyone else's problem?

You are not owed an answer.

You can't always get what you want.

Get over it.

Other people have.

You are not any one else's responsibility.

Try harder.

Focus on something positive.

Learn to let it go.

Get on with your life.

Have a nice day.

I agree with you and I will leave it at that.