Green Bay gives glory to God

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Green Bay gives glory to God

Heard at least one Green Bay player give praise and glory to God. So a number of them looking and pointing up in the air.

So did God take the last few hours out of his busy schedule making sure the millions of galaxies kept moving like a watch and also worried about a sparrow falling from the air, took the time out and blessed the more righteous team? They must have prayed harder to him and stroked his almighty ego more than the Steelers. Of course it was about how right they were with Jesus and not about how much they wanted it or practiced for it. God always wins.

Great game.  I say it was the best SuperBowl game I have seen. Many of them are pretty lame and lopsided. Funny commercials too.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep , it is funny

It is funny how many ball teams, from professionals all the way down to the little leaguers are always petitioning the empty air for sure fire victory.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:It is

harleysportster wrote:

It is funny how many ball teams, from professionals all the way down to the little leaguers are always petitioning the empty air for sure fire victory.

and most generally win now and again, but only the few get to the finals. Yet even one victory is from God. It reminds me of gamblers. They only tell you about the wins and quickly forget about the losses.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Heard at

ex-minister wrote:

Heard at least one Green Bay player give praise and glory to God.  

Why?

Who pays them insane amounts of money to beat each other into concussions over a piece of pigskin?

Fcuking ingrates...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well, have you ever known

Well, have you ever known a really sick compulsive gambler? I have.

The guy can have $5 in his pocket when he walks into a store. He will buy that many scratch tickets. Whatever comes of the matter will be reinvested in more tickets. This dude will spend as much time in the store as needed to end up with nothing to show for the whole deal. The longer he spends there the more he has won. Losses are part of the process but not a part of math. At least according to him.

Seriously, I have been with this guy when he is in action. He can walk into the store with $5. that wins $1. Which wins $10. Which wins $4 and so on...

At the end of the deal, all of his wins could add up to any number at all. Let's say that he started with $5 and ended up with $0. Along the way, all of the small prizes added up to some number. Well he won that number of dollars. Let's say that he won a total of $357. now we ask him what he is going to spend the money on. Whoops! He does not have any money to spend on anything. But he won $357.

A typical conversation would go like this:

Me: so you have that money in your pocket. Let's go to a steak house and have a $75 dinner.

Him: I won $357.

Me: OK how about buying a pair of pants?

Me: do you actually have cash in your pocket?

That is actually an abbreviated version of a real conversation.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, cool!My total points

Hey, cool!

My total points earned after that post was 442.

My first car was a '73 Cutlass 442.

And I'll be 44 in 2 yrs.

It must be a fricken, miracle!

Praise Jeebus!

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 And I will be 48 in May. 

And I will be 48 in May.

And I can't think of a single thing in my life that has that number.

Praise jebus!!!111one!!1!!!1

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
It truly is a miraculous

It truly is a miraculous day!

Miracles for all my friends!!

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 So if nothing at all can

So if nothing at all can be a miracle, then....

Umm, please complete the logic.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

So if nothing at all can be a miracle, then....

Umm, please complete the logic.

Think about it!

There's no way that it could happen randomly!

There's a clear pattern!

It indicates a design!

In order for there to be a design, there must be a designer!

When I opened my mind, and my heart, I saw the truth!

Just like they said I would!!

Oh, joyous day!!

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians are like gamblers (like in Pascal's Wager)

My grandfather was a big gambler and at least one of his sons.

I was born on 8/12 at 8:21 am in room 128. My mother has told me a bunch of times how he bet on every combination of those numbers. He was the one who noticed the pattern. No one ever heard anything how it turned out. His son, my uncle, eventually moved to Las Vegas. He would alway talk about the big killings he made. Impressive numbers like $25,000 in one win. He didn't talk about the other side at all. Humans have a large capacity to see only one side of a thing. So susceptible to believing just about anything. There is an invisible man in the sky. 

Found a post of an ex-Hindu. He said everything he had prayed for he had gotten from the Hindu gods. And then there were these Christians trying to convert him and told him his gods were not real. He was said he could not believe what they were saying since his gods had been so good to him.  His breech in faith ultimately happened when he talked to his grandfather and eventually he became an atheist. Sounded like his grandfather may have been pretty close to an atheist.

Religion Kills !!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
You are surprised by a pro

You are surprised by a pro sports player being superstitious?

Thank God I won a meaningless game while most half of Egyptians are starving.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You are

Brian37 wrote:

That is SO dead on correct.

As long as their deity grants all of their selfish desires and wants, it is in the miracle category of divine intervention, but all the pain and misery that is going on around them is just his way of working in mysterious ways.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

As long as their deity grants all of their selfish desires and wants, it is in the miracle category of divine intervention, but all the pain and misery that is going on around them is just his way of working in mysterious ways.

Don't get me wrong, I am an NFL fan and unfortunately a Redskins fan. BUT, sports stars, actors, and pop stars who win awards should put that shit in perspective and not be so fucking narcissistic in thinking their wealth is the center of the universe.

It is important to have some sort of entertainment in life, we'd all go nuts if we were all work and no play. But when 2,000 kids a day die from malaria, you have to be out of your fucking mind to claim that your god should be concerned about you winning an award.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Don't get me

Brian37 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I am an NFL fan and unfortunately a Redskins fan. BUT, sports stars, actors, and pop stars who win awards should put that shit in perspective and not be so fucking narcissistic in thinking their wealth is the center of the universe.

It is important to have some sort of entertainment in life, we'd all go nuts if we were all work and no play. But when 2,000 kids a day die from malaria, you have to be out of your fucking mind to claim that your god should be concerned about you winning an award.

Very well said.

I am gonna have to use that sometime.

― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

It couldn't be that bad shit happens without a super hero and super villain and that their real  work went into them getting there, luck had a lot to do with it too. I also find it funny that they abdicate their actual real work as not being a product of themselves, but the whims of a god, which makes them toys themselves.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus Can Suck It

Brian37 wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

It couldn't be that bad shit happens without a super hero and super villain and that their real  work went into them getting there, luck had a lot to do with it too. I also find it funny that they abdicate their actual real work as not being a product of themselves, but the whims of a god, which makes them toys themselves.

Jesus Can Suck It

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Jesus Can

marcusfish wrote:

Jesus Can Suck It

Laughing out loud That's a good one.