Another personality analysis

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another personality analysis

Hello.

Personality analysis is fun. That, and ancient esoteric slogan, gnothi seauthon (know yourself) led me to try a couple of these methods. I know we had here already MBTI, but from these four letters (INFP/INTP for example) it's diffcult to tell who's what in detail, unless you do some reading. Which is not that fun, unless it's you.

Yes, personality analysis is maybe for narcissists, but as the Tibetyan (DK) writes, a disciple should make effort to assess precisely his assets and liabilities, or pros and cons, to decide how to invest himself in service with greatest effectivity. What a pragmatic guy. So that's about it, we're not that selfish in all this navel and mirror gazing, it's after all for a good purpose. So, here is my diagram:

Of course, that's not complete, it's just forum picture for embedding. There's supposed to be a big Cautious element on the other side of Free spirited. The Open side means practically the person's brains. The violet one means responsibility, plus or minus. The green one means emotions or lack of thereof.

Signal Patterns is also offers a music preference assesment web application. I have to say, it sucks... Or it works only for mainstream listeners. It's hard to tell where my favorite psychedelic ambient music genre belongs, it evolved from fast, electronic psychedelic dance music, when the DJs accumulated too much THC from potent indica in their bodily tissues and mellowed out into rather downtempo genres. (which is even more trippy, IMO)

But I have to say, the web application got the basics right. It's instrumental, with voice just as another instrument of many. It's relaxing... Well, if you call mindblowing relaxing. It's sad. Well, not exactly sad, but there's this somewhat melancholic peculiar key of music, which is very typical for this genre and which I adore. And which is damn hard to find in most of other genres. So it got the basics right, but it won't recommend me the right music. Nevermind.
Anyway, I had read into the book "This is your brain on music - The science of human obsession" by Daniel J. Levitin. Perhaps there I will discover what is this special psychedelic key or pitch that works for me like something between sacramental wine and soma. Or what the hell is my brain doing when I'm all tripping on something like this:

My best guess is, that this would fit into the reflective and complex cathegory, even though it already contains jazz, piano and baroque classics.

I had just recently read some scientific studies on music and personality correlation. Surprisingly, classic and heavy metal fans are very similar. Country, rock, hip-hop, indie and dance music also have their stereotypes. Too bad that nobody evaluated psychedelic music - what must be the shady and delirious mind of those, who lurk around with poised synthesizer and shamelessly rob the global cultures off their wealth and mix it into their totally historically inaccurate hypnotic collages in best hippie legacy? 

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Too bad nobody evaluated psyhedelic music -

I was hoping to see or hear some "Hendrix's music" on that video ? As Jimi Hendrix said "I play the sounds that fit in between the notes" to me that was a break thru in music, because in the way that he understood life on our planet,during those hippy,dippy ways   of summer.

Signature ? How ?

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:      I was

Ken G. wrote:

I was hoping to see or hear some "Hendrix's music" on that video ? As Jimi Hendrix said "I play the sounds that fit in between the notes" to me that was a break thru in music, because in the way that he understood life on our planet,during those hippy,dippy ways   of summer.

Yeah, today I'd think he's just careless with notes Sticking out tongue Hendrix is a guy with electric guitar and singing. So far I heard no other culture mixed into his songs. I meant rather something like that:

Only about 3 times longer Smiling

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:careless with notes........

WHAT ! excuse me, careless with notes  are you kidding me, Hendrix was a innovator who influenced many guitar players and even the great Jazz man Miles Davis who after seeing Hendrix play" Machine Gun", compiled a very good album called "Bitches Brew". Hey I think that the Beatles influenced many artist and musicians with their work and Paul McCartney thought that Hendrix was a great influence to the music scene, Ravi Shankar influenced George Harrison with the Sitar,which was the instrument that my music teacher played, its very hard to master but very neat anyway, music is as they say UNIVERSAL.        

Signature ? How ?

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:      

Ken G. wrote:

WHAT ! excuse me, careless with notes  are you kidding me, Hendrix was a innovator who influenced many guitar players and even the great Jazz man Miles Davis who after seeing Hendrix play" Machine Gun", compiled a very good album called "Bitches Brew". Hey I think that the Beatles influenced many artist and musicians with their work and Paul McCartney thought that Hendrix was a great influence to the music scene, Ravi Shankar influenced George Harrison with the Sitar,which was the instrument that my music teacher played, its very hard to master but very neat anyway, music is as they say UNIVERSAL.        

All right. When it comes to guitar (electric too) I prefer Mike Oldfield, who started to be noticed later, in 1973.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote: Mike Oldfield

I know that name,but I can't put a face to the name, I'll check out YouTube to see if they have any of his work ?      Yo ! I've check out a live performance of Mike Oldfield -Tubular Bells and a music video #5 it was a pretty neat journey of nature, a really very good band that inspires the listener, Thanks for the head's up  

Signature ? How ?