Atheist-non-christian websites?

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist-non-christian websites?

Is anyone aware of a website that have conversations like this but not atheist-Christian, but atheist-hindu, atheist-buddhist, atheist-islam, atheist-non judeo/christian? Is this unique? Christianity is somewhat unique in that it is more intellectual and less ritualistic. Perhaps it essentially invites this dialogue.
Any comments/thoughts on that?

I just wonder if the other sites exist how similar and how different they would be.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think

I think http://www.faithfreedom.org fits what you would call atheist-Muslim.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Forum of the council of

Forum of the council of british ex-muslims : http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/

Like most people here, they seem to have a sense of humor about the crazy extremes of religious fundamentalism. Like in this thread where they post the craziest death-threats they got from not-ex-muslims :

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=9444.0

I Keel You!!!! « on: March 29, 2010, 12:49 PM »  

Post any death threats, accusations of taking it up the ass, being related to a monkey, or any other general abuse you get from those infected by the spirit of Achmed the dead terrorist. 

edit : from that very thread, this is fucking gold, seriously, get a load of this :

Quote from: mabia7ebwell, you say you don't beleive in any religion now, then how come u are only attacking islam?? ??
attack christianity and judaism for a change, mother fucker !! Smiley try getting some science from their holy books!! and lets see if u find anything worthy to make vidoes about
    LOL !! sound familiar ?

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Wow, look at what those

Wow, look at what those poor bastards have to debate

Quote:

abbekhan (1 week ago) 

If i find you you then you know what i do i cut your penis put in your mouth and cut your body parts every week but you shell get healthy food every day that you shell not die once and a huge horse shell fuck you with huge cock then you cant move,basterd mother fucker,your most dirty human on earth,You dont have right to live basterd you must die must die must die,i can kill you IF I FIND YOU, YOU ARE MOST UGLY AND EVIL ON EARTH I NEVER SEEN A SUCH BASTERD IN MY LIFE,

that's funny

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Quote from:

Anonymouse wrote:

Quote from: mabia7ebwell, you say you don't beleive in any religion now, then how come u are only attacking islam?? ??
attack christianity and judaism for a change, mother fucker !! Smiley try getting some science from their holy books!! and lets see if u find anything worthy to make vidoes about
 LOL !! sound familiar ? 

Hahahahahaha. Too familiar. Much too familiar. Except with "only attacking Islam" replaced with "only attacking Christianity" of course.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote: Except

butterbattle wrote:

Except with "only attacking Islam" replaced with "only attacking Christianity" of course. 

haha, I was thinking the same thing! Looks like different "types" of theists are more similar than we thought. 

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's why you won't have an

Here's why you won't have an Islam vs. Atheist conversation site:

Atheist: Islam Has been spread and maintained though violence and intimidation.

Muslim: You have insulted our religion, the holy Koran says you must die atheist infidel.

Not much else to discuss.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Glory days

Good point. They illustrate what christianity was like during t
he dark ages. Must be quite nostalgic for modern xians. The glory days.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Good

ex-minister wrote:
Good point. They illustrate what christianity was like during t he dark ages. Must be quite nostalgic for modern xians. The glory days.

It does always crack me up when so many Christians wistfully refer to the "good old days" when making references to anything current or modern.

I always want to know what "good old days" they are talking about.

Most seem to long for the 1950's Beaver Cleaver type world that never existed.

Some seem to wistfully yearn for good old 19th century local politics where everyone 'knew" what was right and killed off anyone who was wrong.

Some seem to genuinely wish for the medieval institutions of long ago.

But all seem to wish for a time when knowledge was suppressed, certain people knew their "place" and fitting in with the mainstream was the ultimate goal for survival.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Most

harleysportster wrote:

Most seem to long for the 1950's Beaver Cleaver type world that never existed.

June Cleaver and Father Knows Best and The Nelsons and all those other 50s "family" shows were always a cognitive dissonance for me.  There was June Cleaver, heels, pearls, spotlessly clean house, wiping down the last plate in the dish drainer.  There was my mom, working 44 hours a week, in cut off shorts, man's shirt and bare feet, yelling at whoever was supposed to do the dishes before she got home.

Or my high school days in the early 60s.  Over 40% dropped out before graduating.  Most were girls who got married or pregnant or both.  One of my teachers had to quit when she was only 3 months pregnant because she might "show" and give the girls bad ideas.  Sure, let's return to those good old days when in AZ, it was illegal for your doctor to talk to you about birth control unless you were married.  You could be 40 and unmarried and it was illegal for the doc to discuss the rhythm method with you. 

harleysportster wrote:

But all seem to wish for a time when knowledge was suppressed, certain people knew their "place" and fitting in with the mainstream was the ultimate goal for survival.

Yeah, I've met them.  And I thought my memory was bad.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.