Busy....... ?

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
Busy....... ?

Have been working long hours, so i hardly get time to visit here, but that would change soon when i get back a computer position lol
and not a grocery position..
SO just checking up on everyone, whats up with you people, what you been up too ?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Just the usual, Fred.

Just the usual, Fred.  Work, enjoying my family, having fun with a little bit of school, reading books, learning neat stuff every day, looking forward to spring.  Smiling

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Back at school full time,

Back at school full time, juggling finances and classes and family and trying to find some part time work and.....

I should be studying right now.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Working, more working, and

Working, more working, and well this week was kinda slow for work. However the weekends have been fun, this weekend even more fun as the GF and I are supposed to have the kids but hers are at their grandparents and aunts and mine is off on a cruise with her mom....so FUN TIME WEEKEND!!!! Hedonistic fun

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote: Working,

latincanuck wrote:

Working, more working, and well this week was kinda slow for work. However the weekends have been fun, this weekend even more fun as the GF and I are supposed to have the kids but hers are at their grandparents and aunts and mine is off on a cruise with her mom....so FUN TIME WEEKEND!!!! Hedonistic fun

I'm not sure Jesus would approve of the type of fun you're suggesting...  *shakes head

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:latincanuck

Ktulu wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

I'm not sure Jesus would approve of the type of fun you're suggesting...  *shakes head

Maybe if he invited Jesus over to share a brew or something.........

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Back at school full

cj wrote:

Back at school full time, juggling finances and classes and family and trying to find some part time work and.....

What are you studying in school?

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
We're really not very busy

We're really not very busy here...

My wife is president and CEO of a small firm here in NJ and is in the process of closing a deal for significant finacning which is brutally difficult since Banks aren't lending money... so that's kind of easy to do...

Then, she produces my weekly talk show... which doesn't take up much time for either of us... piece of cake, really...

and even though I have a day job, I'm about to release my second book... so we're putting together an ittinerary for the year for signings, and seminars...

So that leaves us lots of time ... you know... to nap between bloodlettings...

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:cj

ex-minister wrote:

cj wrote:

Computer science - this term - C++ (I have programmed before so the class is just learning syntax for me), speech (required for majors and I have never had a speech class before, but I seem to be doing okay), and discrete structures, logic and computability (all one class) which I am struggling with.  It has been over 20 years since my last math class and since I had to deal with anything more esoteric than accounting math.  The trick is to get your mind to work like a mathematicians - youch.  That is the sound of straining neurons.

My goal is to stretch this out until 1) I have a master's in software engineering/information security or 2) I have a job that pays well with benefits.  I joke about retiring two days after earning that degree, but retirement isn't likely to happen in my lifetime the way things are going.

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:ex-minister

cj wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

cj wrote:

Computer science - this term - C++ (I have programmed before so the class is just learning syntax for me), speech (required for majors and I have never had a speech class before, but I seem to be doing okay), and discrete structures, logic and computability (all one class) which I am struggling with.  It has been over 20 years since my last math class and since I had to deal with anything more esoteric than accounting math.  The trick is to get your mind to work like a mathematicians - youch.  That is the sound of straining neurons.

My goal is to stretch this out until 1) I have a master's in software engineering/information security or 2) I have a job that pays well with benefits.  I joke about retiring two days after earning that degree, but retirement isn't likely to happen in my lifetime the way things are going.

I also am doing computer Science Laughing out loud Ex and Cj

@ CEO, awesome, the cash flowing haha Laughing out loud

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Freezing my ass off, at

Freezing my ass off, at least I was...

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline

Well, I've been busy at work since we have a major refresh of Dell desktops to do, lots of interest in the ME situation, supposedly studying for the CISSP but that's not happening as I'd planned, trying to figure out how to get myself back on two wheels as summer is almost here (hugely optimistic by nature, it's still bloody freezing in the Mojave Desert) and I've recently cut my hair in a Mohawk at the ripe old age of (almost) 50.

Oh, and I just did the dishes from yesterday.....

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais