Dumbass Christian. YOU RESPOND!

CoryBlueFire
Posts: 5
Joined: 2009-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Dumbass Christian. YOU RESPOND!

Here are some of her quotes.

God gathered up all the children along with the people that believed in Him. The only people that drowned were the ones that didn't believe he existed. And it was up to the parents to put up red paint on their door of their house to protect their child. Every thing He done was testing who believed in Him and who didn't. Anywho who didn't obey chose their destiny.

Yes I have. And just like Revelations He said that those that are not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. It's your choice to believe in Him or not. Jus like it was the people who chose not to build a protection ag...ainst the flood. God doesn't kill anyone-People that kill other people commit to their own enternal life. That makes no sense for u to say that he kills other people and obviously you dont understand the bible and what He's saying. He died for YOU on the cross and all your sins; it's your choice to believe or not. But God doesn't owe you anything.

Yeah and u have nothing to say about anything else. That's because its His word and you chose not to believe it. Your ridiculous. God is light and in Him is no darkness. Read up on that in John. You need to understand what he was facing to ...do what he done. It was for a purpose. I suppose you are for rapist and murderers also since you believe what they do will not send them to hell if their is no repentance. You have so much to learn. Your one minded. And I hope when judgement day comes that you realize what kind of life you've set for yourself because it's a dark one without the Lord.

In Heaven. With our Father. People became wicked which is why he flooded this world. And people are more corrupted now then they have ever been and it's quickly coming again of which this time he will bring fire.

lol @ her biblical knowledge


CoryBlueFire
Posts: 5
Joined: 2009-02-12
User is offlineOffline
"God believed the people

"God believed the people were wicked and continually plotting evil and that corruption breeds corruption most of the time. He has examples for many of th...ose. Your coming up with these examples like Jesus did nothing for you. It's your choice to or not Cory. He is all-loving and all-knowing and if dying on thr cross isn't good enough for you then maybe you should think things over again. Like I said, God doesn't have to answer any question you wonder and people that say why me? Why me? God has a purpose for each of us and to say that I will believe in Him when he shows himself that he's real is ludicrous. He doesn't owe you anything! Nothing! I just hope you realize one day. "


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Yay. Waste time.CoryBlueFire

Yay. Waste time.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Here are some of her quotes. God gathered up all the children along with the people that believed in Him. The only people that drowned were the ones that didn't believe he existed.

"Believe in me or I'll kill you." The character God of the Old Testament is a narcissistic murderer.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
And it was up to the parents to put up red paint on their door of their house to protect their child. Every thing He done was testing who believed in Him and who didn't. Anywho who didn't obey chose their destiny. Yes I have.

According to the story, anyone who didn't obey chose their child's destiny. Their children had no choice in the matter at all. They served as nothing but objects, and their fate was determined by their parents beliefs and God's whim.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
And just like Revelations He said that those that are not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. It's your choice to believe in Him or not.

This is even worse. "Believe in me or you'll be tortured for all eternity."

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Jus like it was the people who chose not to build a protection ag...ainst the flood.

Sounds like an abusive spouse to me. "Choose" to obey me or I'll beat you up.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
God doesn't kill anyone

If the definition of "kill" is changed, then sure.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
-People that kill other people commit to their own enternal life. That makes no sense for u to say that he kills other people and obviously you dont understand the bible and what He's saying. He died for YOU on the cross and all your sins; it's your choice to believe or not. But God doesn't owe you anything.

The idea that arbitrarily sacrificing yourself can atone for someone else's wrongdoing is a wholly outdated moral concept, not to mention that his "sacrifice" is just to be tortured for three days and then he gets to spend eternity in heaven. Hah, so horrible. Where can I sign up for that?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Yeah and u have nothing to say about anything else. That's because its His word and you chose not to believe it.

Belief is not a choice.

We don't "choose" not to believe in God; that's nonsense. We don't believe in God because we are not convinced that such a thing exists.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
I suppose you are for rapist and murderers also since you believe what they do will not send them to hell if their is no repentance.

Strawman.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
And I hope when judgement day comes that you realize what kind of life you've set for yourself because it's a dark one without the Lord.

Question begging. Appeal to fear.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


CoryBlueFire
Posts: 5
Joined: 2009-02-12
User is offlineOffline
hahahahhahhahahahahahahaha

hahahahhahhahahahahahahaha


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
CoryBlueFire wrote:Your

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Your coming up with these examples like Jesus did nothing for you. It's your choice to or not Cory. He is all-loving and all-knowing and if dying on thr cross isn't good enough for you then maybe you should think things over again.

Well, first of all, we don't believe that there existed a Jesus who was the son of a God. We don't believe in any God. We don't believe he died on the cross.

So, it's not just that the morality of it is a bit schizophrenic. It's also because we don't believe any of it actually happened. So, more evidence less question begging would be nice.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
God has a purpose for each of us and to say that I will believe in Him when he shows himself that he's real is ludicrous.

More question begging. Naked assertion. Confuses the burden of proof. 

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


CoryBlueFire
Posts: 5
Joined: 2009-02-12
User is offlineOffline
It's a harsh reality that we

It's a harsh reality that we live in Cory. Are you serious? Don't believe. Thats you and I chose too. People that have raped others/murdered/took their own life/ didn't believe in the Lord will go to Hell. That's a few. It clearly says in the bible that Homosexuality is a sin as well. You believe what you want. It's a choice that you will live with for thr rest of your life.

another quote lmao


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
I must be bored.CoryBlueFire

I must be bored.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
It's a harsh reality that we live in Cory. Are you serious?

We are serious.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
People that have raped others/murdered/took their own life/ didn't believe in the Lord will go to Hell. That's a few.

We don't believe in the Lord. We don't believe in hell.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
It clearly says in the bible that Homosexuality is a sin as well.

We don't believe the Bible. We don't believe in sin.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
You believe what you want.

Awesome. She can believe what she wants too. In fact, I won't even torture her for it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1831
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
 who is this person, and

 who is this person, and where are the quotes from?


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
CoryBlueFire wrote:Here are

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Here are some of her quotes. God gathered up all the children along with the people that believed in Him. The only people that drowned were the ones that didn't believe he existed. And it was up to the parents to put up red paint on their door of their house to protect their child. Every thing He done was testing who believed in Him and who didn't. Anywho who didn't obey chose their destiny. Yes I have. And just like Revelations He said that those that are not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. It's your choice to believe in Him or not.

Well, I am not sure who SHE is. But her arguments are no different than most theistic nonsense that I have heard millions of times. Judging by the above picture she is painting, I would tell her that god is a mass murdering, insane, tyrant and that I can not understand how any decent human being would follow him. Plus, it is not much of a choice to say, follow me or die.

 

CoryBlueFire wrote:

Jus like it was the people who chose not to build a protection ag...ainst the flood. God doesn't kill anyone-People that kill other people commit to their own enternal life. That makes no sense for u to say that he kills other people and obviously you dont understand the bible and what He's saying. He died for YOU on the cross and all your sins; it's your choice to believe or not.

So, god was too twisted to forgive anyone, so he had to create a son to come down, do some magic tricks, and hang on a cross, but none of it even works unless you believe ? Hmm, god seems to be seriously lacking in the intelligence department on that one. Technically, if people kill people because of the free will that god gave them, then that would in effect be god killing people. She is right that it is my choice to swallow irrational superstitious insanity or not. Tell her I will give it a pass.

CoryBlueFire wrote:

But God doesn't owe you anything. Yeah and u have nothing to say about anything else. That's because its His word and you chose not to believe it. Your ridiculous.

If god truly doesn't owe us anything at all, then why would he concern himself with whether we believe in him or not ? 

CoryBlueFire wrote:

God is light and in Him is no darkness. Read up on that in John. You need to understand what he was facing to ...do what he done. It was for a purpose.

Well hell, if everything is so twisted and messed up that he needed to invent a purpose, that would mean that he was clueless as to how to make creations that could run smoothly. God was "facing" what he wished to face, otherwise why didn't he just create it differently ? Obvious to me if the creation is bad, then it would have to mean it is cause the creator is bad.

CoryBlueFire wrote:

I suppose you are for rapist and murderers also since you believe what they do will not send them to hell if their is no repentance.

Actually the god of the old testament loves rapists and murderers. He commanded a whole lot of it. Besides, tell her (whoever she is) that she is making a strawman argument and a fallacy of equivocation. (Doubtful she'll understand, but oh well).

CoryBlueFire wrote:

You have so much to learn. Your one minded.

 When theists tell me that, I say : How strange, I feel the same way about you. You base your whole life off of on obscure book and exclude anyone that doesn't think exactly like you.

CoryBlueFire

And I hope when judgement day comes that you realize what kind of life you've set for yourself because it's a dark one without the Lord. In Heaven. With our Father. People became wicked which is why he flooded this world. And people are more corrupted now then they have ever been and it's quickly coming again of which this time he will bring fire. lol @ her biblical knowledge [/quote wrote:

Yawn. When they have no other argument or logic (something that they lack anyway) most theists fall back on the threats of eternal damnation as though that makes them correct in winning an argument. I always tell them : Yes, I certainly know what type of person could blissfully enjoy eternity knowing other people were burning in hell, that speaks volumes about that person.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
CoryBlueFire wrote:It's a

CoryBlueFire wrote:
It's a harsh reality that we live in Cory. Are you serious? Don't believe. Thats you and I chose too. People that have raped others/murdered/took their own life/ didn't believe in the Lord will go to Hell. That's a few. It clearly says in the bible that Homosexuality is a sin as well. You believe what you want. It's a choice that you will live with for thr rest of your life. another quote lmao

You mean, like all those god sanctioned mass murderers and rapists in the old testament ? 

If homosexuality is a sin, then eating shellfish is a sin. Ask anyone who perpetuates that old argument if they believe people eating shellfish should be put to death ? How about people that grow two different crops in the same field or work on the sabbath day ? Should our courts execute them too ?

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1970
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
CoryBlueFire wrote:Here are

CoryBlueFire wrote:

Here are some of her quotes. God gathered up all the children along with the people that believed in Him.

That's not how the story goes. Who is this female? Is she married to 'Him'?

CoryBlueFire wrote:

The only people that drowned were the ones that didn't believe he existed.

According to whom?

Him?

So does he claim responsiblity, or does he condone them being punished by suffering and death, for disobedience?

CoryBlueFire wrote:

And it was up to the parents to put up red paint on their door of their house to protect their child.

They were given an arbitrary ultimatum with dire consequences for non compliance?

CoryBlueFire wrote:

Every thing He done was testing who believed in Him and who didn't.

The definition of insecurity.

CoryBlueFire wrote:

Anywho who didn't obey chose their destiny.

Which, according to you, is to be murdered in cold blood by 'Him' in a premeditated act of irrational megalomaniacal hatred.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Yes I have.

That's nice.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
And just like Revelations He said that those that are not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Who will arbitrarily cast them into the lake of fire?

What is the intent/motivation?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
It's your choice to believe in Him or not.

Why couldn't a supposed 'Him' be able to deal with the potential that not everyone worshipping him?

Why be so petulant and insistent?

Why would there be such a need for worship from a supposed 'Him'?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
  God doesn't kill anyone

That's incompatible with your previous assertions.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
 That makes no sense for u to say that he kills other people

It's your claim that a supposed god does kill people who would not worship him.

Unless you're claiming that they commited suicide for something they are ambivalent/apathetic to.

Which leaves you with the burden of explaining why they would choose to do that, as it would be completely irrational for people to do so, and even if they did, you have no way of unequivocally proving your hypothesis is factual and the correct explanation.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
...and obviously you dont understand the bible and what He's saying.

You've met and heard this supposed god and actually heard him say these things?

Or are you simply taking someone else's word for it?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
He died for YOU on the cross and all your sins...

Reportedly.

But since you weren't there, you cannot possibly claim you have the personal knowledge, and are certain of what may/may not have happened.

All you have is a testimony.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
...it's your choice to believe or not.

Obviously.

The question is, why you have chosen to find these testimonies compelling?

1- Is this testimony being true, a requirement for you?

2- Is this testimony being true, of value to you?

3- For what purpose?

4- Why?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
..But God doesn't owe you anything.

Why are you defending something that was never alleged? 

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Yeah and u have nothing to say about anything else.

You're not the boss of me.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
That's because its His word and you chose not to believe it.

You're going in circles.

You haven't established anything yet, beyond a rumour.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Your ridiculous.

Why are you adressing people (as if in a dialogue) who haven't even read or responded to your monologue.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
 You have so much to learn.

According to whom?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
People became wicked which is why he flooded this world. And people are more corrupted now then they have ever been and it's quickly coming again of which this time he will bring fire. lol @ her biblical knowledge

You've asserted that:

CoryBlueFire wrote:
God doesn't kill anyone

You said that after asserting that:

CoryBlueFire wrote:
God gathered up all the children along with the people that believed in Him. The only people that drowned were the ones that didn't believe he existed.

 And now you're asserting that he will once again arbitrarily cause death to certain people.

 

You have many times broken the commandment " Though shall not bear false witness " because these claims are not all compatible. 

You must be lying. 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Thunderios
atheist
Posts: 261
Joined: 2010-12-26
User is offlineOffline
CoryBlueFire wrote:God

CoryBlueFire wrote:
God gathered up all the children along with the people that believed in Him.

Do you mean all children of the earth were on Noah's ark?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
The only people that drowned were the ones that didn't believe he existed.

Or couldn't have believed he existed because they were too small (children), or never exposed to His Holy Infallible Word. You know, since only Noah believed it was kinda hard to get in touch with God...

CoryBlueFire wrote:
And it was up to the parents to put up red paint on their door of their house to protect their child.

So the children had no say in it, and are killed because God made the Pharaoh unable to let the Israelites go, and never told anyone except Abraham that He existed, so they Egyptians couldn't have believed in Him in the first place.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Every thing He done was testing who believed in Him and who didn't.

Edit: Who HE MADE believe in him. The people had no choice in the matter. The believed what their ancestors had believed.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
And just like Revelations He said that those that are not found in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

And how do you get in the Book? Are you saying we don't have a choice, because God already chose our beliefs, and wrote them in his book? That'd be silly!

CoryBlueFire wrote:
Just like it was the people who chose not to build a protection against the flood.

You mean the people that were never told about the flood?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
God doesn't kill anyone

Agreed. Someone that doesn't exist, doesn't kill.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
People that kill other people commit to their own enternal life.

Killing or not killing doesn't have anything to do with eternal life, right? It's a matter of faith. As long as you believe you can do whatever you like...

CoryBlueFire wrote:
He died for YOU on the cross and all your sins; it's your choice to believe or not.

This argument is only viable if you can replace YOU with everybody. People in North Korea don't have access to your particular brand of Christianity.
And even if those people are saved because they didn't know. How's that different from me? I tend to believe things for which I find evidence. Your faith has, by definition, none, therefore I can't believe, and it's not a choice.

CoryBlueFire wrote:
But God doesn't owe you anything.

Nor do I owe him anything. What's your point?

CoryBlueFire wrote:
I suppose you are for rapist and murderers also since you believe what they do will not send them to hell if their is no repentance.

omg, this is such a bad argument Laughing out loud You're basically saying that you believe people go to hell because else there wouldn't be justice. You assume nature/God is justice, whereas it isn't. Animals that are eaten don't get justice. The only justice that exists is that which we create. Also, you can rape and murder, and go to heaven if you believe.

Left out the personal attacks.
Also. The OP didn't say this, right? You're just quoting?


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3922
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
CoryBlueFire wrote:He died

CoryBlueFire wrote:
He died for YOU on the cross and all your sins; 

The problem is he didn't stay dead. What kind of a sacrifice is that, just 3 days? I've had hangovers where I wished I was dead longer than that.

I want a god that will stay dead forever and ever.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:CoryBlueFire

EXC wrote:

CoryBlueFire wrote:
He died for YOU on the cross and all your sins; 

The problem is he didn't stay dead. What kind of a sacrifice is that, just 3 days? I've had hangovers where I wished I was dead longer than that.

I want a god that will stay dead forever and ever.

How does Dillahunty say it? "When Elvis died for my sins, he stayed dead."

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Requim (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Truth.

"Believe in me or you will be torured for all eternity"

That's not a threat. That is a warning. If a man tells you not to run down a road because it leads to a cliff, what do you do? The man is just telling what will happen if you make the wrong dicision.

From any age you choose. You may not choose to believe, but you choose to base you beliefs on the knowledge of the world, and through that context God does not make sense.

 

Hopefully you believe that man does in fact sin: sin being any form of hatred or inconsideration towards your fellow human being. Through the worlds standards if something wrong like murder is done, it must be punished. By God's standards most sins are murder because they are based in hatred. The only thing seperating hatred from murder is the circumstances. Therefore sin must be punished. Are you criticizing God for not letting everyone get away with murder? Something has to pay for the sins of people.

 

Preist is misinformed if he is basing his information on the bible.

 

All arguments aside, try reading the new testament some time. Its one of those times when the sequel IS better.


Requim (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Truth.

Wow. Awesome. Lets say a man died for you. He died so you could live. You do not acknowledge this fact. Later it turns out he didn't die, he is alive and comes to see you. You tell him he's not a very nice person if he didn't die for you. That's you right now. Even if your only pretending Jesus is real for the sake of arguement.