Funny 'critique' on RRS

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Funny 'critique' on RRS

I came across this [Mod edit: link removed. Google it if you want. -- natural ] when I was searching for something RRS related on Google.  I found it very funny and thought that you guys would have a good laugh at it.  It's made to look like wikipedia too.  I can't believe the amount of time/effort that has gone into that page.  

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRS FTW

Ktulu wrote:

I found it very funny and thought that you guys would have a good laugh at it.  

Smiling My stupid company won't let me get to that site. What do they want me to do with my time? "Work"? Ppff.

I'll check it and laugh heartily when I get to the house!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bugger me.

Could Matt have made that? It's an insider-job by the looks of it. And yeah it's pretty funny in a kind of way.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow.... someone is

Wow.... someone is bitter....

I thought *I* had internet haters...

connerman
atheist
connerman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Memes?

Gotta like how they've used the Richard Dawkins term meme in the first paragraph. When they start to appropriate words from a famed athiest such as Dawkins the desparation starts to show.

Understanding that there is no purpose in the Universe frees us all to find one.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Could

Atheistextremist wrote:
Could Matt have made that? It's an insider-job by the looks of it. And yeah it's pretty funny in a kind of way.

Well, without even looking at the article, I can say that Matt need not be involved.

It is a general hate site (and really fun to read BTW) where anyone can write pretty much anything.

For those who do not know, that is the wiki for anonymous/4chan...

Everything on that site is about the same.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's the same web site I

That's the same web site I posted several weeks ago when I asked about Kelly... Brian edited out the link from my post saying (something like) we don't need to give that site any publicity.

I would have to agree.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

There is Matt's mug hidden in the middle of this collage [Mod edit: delinked -- natural]. Do you think it could be his secret signature, or it's too clever for him?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 This not not Matt.  That

This not not Matt.  That pic was up long before he got banned.

[Mod edit: delinked. Can add these extensions if you want, to find the original links -- natural]

/Longcat

/Magical_Trevor

/DOUBLE_NIGGER

/Raptor_Jesus

/Weathercat

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I removed the links. I admit

I removed the links. I admit some of their shit is funny, but there is an equal amount of pure hater shit on there. They certainly don't deserve any link-love from us, but google them if you need to satisfy your curiosity.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote:I removed the

natural wrote:

I removed the links. I admit some of their shit is funny, but there is an equal amount of pure hater shit on there. They certainly don't deserve any link-love from us, but google them if you need to satisfy your curiosity.

fair enough, though I don't see why we have anything to worry about.  Their words speak for themselves...  

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's not worrying about

It's not worrying about them. It's a matter of principle. Like it or not, links provide support to sites. There are plenty of sites worth de-linking to on that basis. This just happens to be one of them.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
connerman wrote:Gotta like

connerman wrote:

Gotta like how they've used the Richard Dawkins term meme in the first paragraph. When they start to appropriate words from a famed athiest such as Dawkins the desparation starts to show.

I like your profile picture, you have won my favor.