why do girls do it?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
why do girls do it?

why they just use sex to get what they want?

 

i hate it it make us object only for men not for us

 

watch this

 

 

they just parade around to please men and get money

 

i not drunk i just have a few drinks but i see it everywhere and hate it

 

 

 

 

 


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
video not work in first

video not work in first post


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 Miss Hyde has graced us

 Miss Hyde has graced us with her presence...

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:video

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
video not work in first post

 

I put the correct embed code in the second post.

 

Also, I tried embedding a video an hour or so ago in another thread. Youtube is throwing bad embed codes tonight. There is another way to get the correct code but I will only tell you how if you do it with me.

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
i'm not drunk

i'm not drunk


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:i not

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
i not drunk i just have a few drinks
 u have enuf drink for miss hyde to come out and play.

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:why they

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

why they just use sex to get what they want?

 

 

Because... its... easy? o_O

What Would Kharn Do?


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 I ni cout drnks. Y u not

 I ni cout drnks. Y u not in motel in CT ubder me?

 

Translation: The bottle is a 750ml of triple distilled Polish potato vodka. I have been through the first 10+ centimeters of it in the past three hours. I am just getting started.

 

In other news: the equation E=mc^2 can be stated as: Energy equals mass times the speed of light as expressed in centimeters per second  squared. Also, stoves hurt when you touch them.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
you want to contribute or

you want to contribute or not?

 

if you dont than just keep jerking off to videos

 

i want to know why it good that women are objects in society

 

 

 


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
 Because if you haven't

 Because if you haven't figured it out yet pineapple that sexuality is one of the more basic parts of humanity, we are all driven by it normally (yes some are asexual but on the average we are sexual creatures). As such there is nothing more than just making money off of our most basic desires. But if you have an issue with such behavior, well like I have stated before, you bring this topic up so freaking many times it makes me wonder how jealous you are of women like this, or any women that show the lest bit of being sexual or using their natural charm in any way or form.

[edit] They are not exactly pleasing men, they are more like teasing men.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
There is objectivisation of women

 

in society by both men and women. Blokes are randy sods, who like porn. But there's plenty of sexual competition/performance between women. Most guys would be happy with a nice girl who was breathing.

The current hyper sexuality thing in music is a weird slide from the quirky and cool music vids of the 80s to flat out soft porn. I don't understand it and no longer watch music video. It does not matter how small the shorts are if the music sucks.

In any case, I think it's important not to mistake the projections of the media for reality. The overt sex we see in media advertising and music and so forth is not evidenced in the real world.

I have a bunch of girl mates who are 19-23 or so and they think and behave little differently than girls did when I was a kid. They are more open but not sleazy in the slightest and if they thought you were they'd tell you to f**k off in short order.

I had a party at my house last night and a crowd of late teen early 20s girls (we are locals at the same pub) sat around talking about the stuff girls talk about. Work, boys who suck, feelings, family.

I think in reality, women make tactical investments in intimacy and are keen on a return. Furthermore, if women are sex objects, men are financial donkeys required to provide.

Sure, there are plenty of working women but the nature of family life means that sooner or later mum is best off at home most of the time. That's just what works best and some one has to pay for it.

Either way, the sexes use each other for something that could be called shallow but ultimately relates to procreation and survival of the species. 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
kapko i dont care that you

kapko i dont care that you dont care so ha

 

i know we have drives but should we use drives to get advantage? you just say it drive but never say if we should exploit

 

i dont think we should

 

 


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:kapko i

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

kapko i dont care that you dont care so ha

 

i know we have drives but should we use drives to get advantage? you just say it drive but never say if we should exploit

 

i dont think we should

And how would you fix it? 

 

I like to believe that its only teenage boys that buy this crap (pussy cat dolls etc.) but I know thats not true.

 

Tbh from my experiance its mainly girls that go for it. I don't know a single guy who likes them but I know quite a few girls that do. Might just be the type of people I hang around though.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13663
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:you want

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

you want to contribute or not?

 

if you dont than just keep jerking off to videos

 

i want to know why it good that women are objects in society

 

 

 

Thats funny considering the avatar you have.

I hate to tell you this but we use our bodies for EVERYTHING to make money, does that make humans objects?

It is only disqusting to me when it is done out of manipulation or force or done to support a drug habit. Other than that I don't care how someone makes money.

What makes you think that just because someone, man or woman is sexy, and uses that appeal to make money, that others are treating them like an object?

I don't care is some one is dressed like a librarian or completely naked, that doesn't make them an object.

How many people have undressed you in public without you realizing it? I am also quite sure gays have looked me up and down in public, I don't think that makes me an object. I simply think that makes someone attractive. State of dress does not give anyone the right to abuse you so what you wear should not matter.

 I do not think it is immoral for anyone to do what they want with their own bodies, nor does that make them objects.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I do not

Brian37 wrote:

 I do not think it is immoral for anyone to do what they want with their own bodies, nor does that make them objects.

 

I totally agree with Brian37.

If sex seems like a mystery to anyone, best to pick up a copy of Matt Ridley's The Red Queen : Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature.

A bit of lengthy read, but well researched and was mentioned by Richard Dawkin's very favorably .

Sexual drive is the result of billions of years of evolution and survival.

No big deal and  no real taboo, other than people's perspectives on it.

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3657
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: i want

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

i want to know why it good that women are objects in society

 

 

 

  

 

  Perhaps you live in the wrong society ?   With your obvious disdain regarding the objectification of women have you thought about moving  east....  like to Saudi Arabia ?  They seem to have that  problem completely under control.

                                               

        

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

i want to know why it good that women are objects in society

 

 

 

  

 

  Perhaps you live in the wrong society ?   With your obvious disdain regarding the objectification of women have you thought about moving  east....  like to Saudi Arabia ?  They seem to have that  problem completely under control.

                                               

        

Excellent point ProzacDeathWish

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
 Our drive, especially

 Our drive, especially sexual gets us in better position in society, always have, the more beautiful or more sexually desirable of us get to normally move up in our social position. This has been going on since, well the times of human civilization started. Men and women are both used by those in power for their sexuality and what it may or may believe it brings to their offspring, men and women also use this to get power and why not, it's an advantage, and those with brains and sexual desirability can really move up if they are able to apply it correctly. However as for the pussycat dolls, yeah none of my friends in my age group by their stuff, i know teenagers and early twenties people that do, and majority of them are females. But still why not, we all do in some form or at some level use our sexuality in some form or way to get what we want from others because it in us for the most part, sex and sexuality is just part of our make up. If some can use their sexuality and brains to move up why not? It's an advantage, if they can use their brain go for it, if they use just their sexuality, well they don't actually move that far up in the social ladder normally. The pussycat dolls, more so Nicole, are pretty business savy as you can't been around this long in the business without some brains for it. Look at fergie, another woman that is very sexually desirable, uses it, but can and has survived since 1984 in the music/entertainment business and has played across genres of music, from hip hop and dance with the black eyed peas to rock n roll with Slash and RnB with John Legend. Say what you will about her, but she is very much in a comfortable lifestyle without having to have slept with everyone just using her brains and sexuality, even if you listen to her music, she doesn't hide that fact. However even men do use their sexuality in so many ways, Mick Jagger, Bowie, freddy mercury, and so many other rock star, to hip hop artists to even country artists use their sexual desirability. Nothing with it, it's what we are. Sexual creatures.


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:why they

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

why they just use sex to get what they want?

 

i hate it it make us object only for men not for us

 

watch this

 

 

they just parade around to please men and get money

 

i not drunk i just have a few drinks but i see it everywhere and hate it

I agree with you 100% - I think it is disgusting.

I think most of the male responses are correct (and they are correct because they are led through life by their dicks) - 'sex appeal' has to do with competing for and getting a mate for the purpose of procreation... lower animal instincts and behavior.

Since men think mostly with their dicks, women, in general, use this fact to try to get their attention in a sexual way, hoping to latch on to a mate. It's not so much that they like what they are doing, so much as they know what works.

But, you know what? Once you realize that you don't NEED a man, that you are capable of functioning quite well without one, that you can take care of yourself and be independent, life becomes a lot less complicated and more enjoyable, imo.

Once you eliminate an obsession with sex from your life, it's amazing how you automatically focus on more important things and get more accomplished.

 I'm glad you didn't get drunk this weekend - keep it up.

 

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
I just watched 30 seconds of

I just watched 30 seconds of the video - no talent girls acting like sluts.


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

i want to know why it good that women are objects in society

 

 

 

  

 

  Perhaps you live in the wrong society ?   With your obvious disdain regarding the objectification of women have you thought about moving  east....  like to Saudi Arabia ?  They seem to have that  problem completely under control.

                                               

        

 

Nirvana for anyone with a Linen fetish.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 Pineapple, I have told you

 Pineapple, I have told you plenty of times before:

 

Take the train to CT. So long as you fail to be fugly, you will get some.

 

Free tip: Every amtrack train has a bar car. The guy will serve you whatever because it happens often enough that one guy is placing an order for a group who is six cars back. You can be wasted before you get here.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:why they

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

why they just use sex to get what they want?

 

i hate it it make us object only for men not for us

 

watch this

 

they just parade around to please men and get money

 

i not drunk i just have a few drinks but i see it everywhere and hate it  

 

As someone who has studied science you should known why this is the case.

Women are smaller then men and less physically strong. Evolution developed the methods to use men's weakness, the inability to have sufficient quantities of blood in both small head and large head simultaneusly. Women learned that this could be an advantage and have used it for generations.

End of story.

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
I agree with you 100% - I

Quote:

I agree with you 100% - I think it is disgusting.

I think most of the male responses are correct (and they are correct because they are led through life by their dicks) - 'sex appeal' has to do with competing for and getting a mate for the purpose of procreation... lower animal instincts and behavior.

Since men think mostly with their dicks, women, in general, use this fact to try to get their attention in a sexual way, hoping to latch on to a mate. It's not so much that they like what they are doing, so much as they know what works.

But, you know what? Once you realize that you don't NEED a man, that you are capable of functioning quite well without one, that you can take care of yourself and be independent, life becomes a lot less complicated and more enjoyable, imo.

Once you eliminate an obsession with sex from your life, it's amazing how you automatically focus on more important things and get more accomplished.

 I'm glad you didn't get drunk this weekend - keep it up.

 

Why do you say we are led through life with our dicks? We are not, we are lead through life by our hormones, just like women are, except men like sex, women love to be bitchy and emotional. Lets be stereotypical shall we. I mean its not like women don't have sexual needs or desires and that men have never used that on a woman, oh gosh no, women are just frigid things that require no sex at all.

Lets admit sandy your statement is pretty stupid. Women and men both use their sexuality and advance when they can in society, nothing wrong with that. They also have to have brains in order to climb higher in society as well. We need companionship, we are social creatures for the most part, some can get along without having men/women (and if I use my sister as an example it's because they are cold non sexual people and therefore undesirable to the rest of society and yes this is a stereotype), however by and large we all need companionship and sex is part of that, its our makeup, our in genes. Our obsession that you say, I say my need, not an obsession. The complications arise from a relationship, not from sex, I tend to find sex the lest complicated part of a relationship, the communication and bulind of an relationship is far harder and complicated than sex. Sex is the act, it's that simple. 

As for the video, yeah they are acting like sluts, not that they are sluts, they are selling an image, but it doesn't mean they are by any stretch of the imagination. Which is where education come in and understanding the difference between the two. Seems you and pineapple should learn that difference, and why only certain men are attracted to those types of women and others are not.


ragdish
atheist
ragdish's picture
Posts: 462
Joined: 2007-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I have written a number of

I have written a number of threads on this subject and the standard feminist response is that a raunchy woman's sexual narrative has been negatively conditioned by a patriarchical society. That is, these women have no agency and thus have no choice but to submit to such negative brainwashing. This is an ancient tiresome argument which may have been valid prior to the 21st century when women had less say over career choices and zero control of their bodies (and I would add during a time when there was less explicit raunch). IMO this argument is valid today among those who are truly vulnerable as in the following example:

 

Yes indeed it does make my stomach churn with intense nausea and outright rage when parents subject children to such exploitation that give a pedophile an erection. I am doubtful that any such children will grow up mentally healthy and likely not pursue careers such as neurosurgery or quantum physics. I wholeheartedly agree that there is a problem with hypersexualization in the media that is harmful to children and adolescent girls.

However, we have intelligent women who are free to make choices like Salma Hayek:

 

Why does she dress this way?!?! BECAUSE SHE CAN!!!!!! As already stated, women often dress raunchy simply to show off their assets and tease men. And they are making an informed choice when prancing around half naked. Salma Hayek is not a hapless victim of patriarchy considering she had made the choice to also look like this:

 

I have no idea what goes on in the minds of the Pussycat Dolls. It's an enigma as to whether these women are bimbos or intellects (probably not). But what is clear is that in a society that grants women unlimited freedoms (sexual, reproductive, economic, political, etc..) there will always be women who choose to behave like the Pussycat Dolls or Salma Hayek. And yes, such freedom will also allow women to lean to the far right and become nutbags like Sarah Palin who woudn't hesitate to suppress women's freedoms.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
ragdish wrote: This is an

ragdish wrote:

 This is an ancient tiresome argument which may have been valid prior to the 21st century when women had less say over career choices and zero control of their bodies (and I would add during a time when there was less explicit raunch). IMO this argument is valid today among those who are truly vulnerable as in the following example:

I have no idea what goes on in the minds of the Pussycat Dolls. It's an enigma as to whether these women are bimbos or intellects (probably not). But what is clear is that in a society that grants women unlimited freedoms (sexual, reproductive, economic, political, etc..) there will always be women who choose to behave like the Pussycat Dolls or Salma Hayek. And yes, such freedom will also allow women to lean to the far right and become nutbags like Sarah Palin who woudn't hesitate to suppress women's freedoms.

Good post Ragdish. Thanks for the Hayek pics as well, hehe.

But this is not peculiar to the human species. For instance, the Red Queen Theory touches upon similiarities in the animal kingdom, such as the peacock's tail, to be a case in point.

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3716
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:I'm glad you

Sandycane wrote:
I'm glad you didn't get drunk this weekend - keep it up.

When Pineapple is skimping on capitalization and punctuation, she is drunk.

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Sandycane

butterbattle wrote:

Sandycane wrote:
I'm glad you didn't get drunk this weekend - keep it up.

When Pineapple is skimping on capitalization and punctuation, she is drunk.

 

There is drunk and there is drunk. Only losing capitalization and punctuation is a fine first step.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:I agree with

Sandycane wrote:

I agree with you 100% - I think it is disgusting.

That they flaunt the bodies and sexuality?

As soon as you start protesting David Beckham ads posting in Times Square, I'll start taking your protest here seriously...

Sandycane wrote:
I think most of the male responses are correct (and they are correct because they are led through life by their dicks) 

You apparently have a very low opinion of males, and feel they are inferior to you, which is funny, considering they invented virtually everything that makes your life comfortable.

Oh, and they invented the vibrator as well.

 

You're welcome...

Sandycane wrote:
- 'sex appeal' has to do with...

Distinguishing oneself from the others.

Without being overtly sexual, the majority of women would not stand out, one from another. And they are extremely competitive amongst themselves.

Sandycane wrote:
....competing for and getting a mate for the purpose of procreation...

False.

Virtually 99.9999% of sexual desire among both men AND women, is for recreational sex, not procreational sex.

Sandycane wrote:
..lower animal instincts and behavior.

Unless I'm mistaken, you've not had sex with many women, and have little knowledge of how 'animalistic' their behaviour is when having sex.

Sexually uninhibited women are every bit as 'hungry' for pure fcuking, as any man. That cat's been out of the bag, a long time.

Stop trying to blow smoke, about 'men' and 'women'.

Men don't live in a vacuum.

Sandycane wrote:
Since men think mostly with their dicks...

You mean that's how the industrialized world was created?

The impetus for human progress was the penis head?

Sandycane wrote:
.. women, in general, use this fact to try to get their attention in a sexual way, hoping to latch on to a mate.

Not exactly.

They want to try and kill as many birds with one stone, as possible. Historically, a woman's chastity was valuable, and was an important factor in her 'worth' to a man. Those antiquated models are slowly being erased, as women want equality, and to be seen as everything that men are, which includes as sexual as men are.

 

Sandycane wrote:
It's not so much that they like what they are doing, so much as they know what works.

Like I said earlier, they've learned an easy way to stand out from other women, in order to get sexual attention from men. Being that the end result is sex, they want sex with the male as well, otherwise they'd 'lead' with something else.

Sandycane wrote:
But, you know what? Once you realize that you don't NEED a man, that you are capable of functioning quite well without one, that you can take care of yourself and be independent, life becomes a lot less complicated and more enjoyable, imo.

Your diatribe notwithstanding, I agree with you.

Sex without marriage, and with modern 'liberated' woman, is a great deal.

Best invention ever.

Men are not required to 'provide' anything anymore, in exchange for regular sex with the same woman, nor are they required to be exclusive with her.

You're 'girlfriend' isn't able to take you to the cleaners, like a 'wife' could.

 

Sandycane wrote:
Once you eliminate an obsession with sex from your life, it's amazing how you automatically focus on more important things and get more accomplished.

I feel sorry for you, then.

I enjoy and value sex with a woman, too much to agree with that statement. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything I'd rather do than have sex with a woman I have a strong desire for, and connection with.

 

Sandycane wrote:
I just watched 30 seconds of the video - no talent girls acting like sluts.

The amount of ignorance in this one comment is astounding.

In 30 seconds they've earned nothing but your vitriol and scorn. And for no justifiable reason, other than petty jealousy.

I doubt that you possess superior dancing or singing ability than any of them, much less the lead singer, who is the most talented of them.

I also doubt you know how many girls they auditioned before they settled on these 6 girls.

 

Oh, and please define for this forum what a 'slut' is....

 

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

why they just use sex to get what they want?

Get what?

What have you given to women in exchange for sex?

I'd really like to know.

All I've ever had a woman want from me after we've had sex, is hoping for the next time.

 

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
i hate it it make us object only for men not for us

I don't follow.

But, no one can 'make' you feel anything.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
..they just parade around to please men and get money

Entertainers do just that. Both male and female.

You've obviously never seen the inside of a club that has males entertaining women only.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
i not drunk i just have a few drinks but i see it everywhere and hate it

Hate what?

That you'd have to give them money to get your attention?

Sounds like you're jealous of them as well...

 

 

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Cpt_pineapple

Tapey wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

kapko i dont care that you dont care so ha

 

i know we have drives but should we use drives to get advantage? you just say it drive but never say if we should exploit

 

i dont think we should

And how would you fix it? 

 

I like to believe that its only teenage boys that buy this crap (pussy cat dolls etc.) but I know thats not true.

 

Tbh from my experiance its mainly girls that go for it. I don't know a single guy who likes them but I know quite a few girls that do. Might just be the type of people I hang around though.

I've always wondered this, and it is blatantly obvious.  You'd think a slutty hot singer would attract a male audience, but that's just not the case atall.  Who is buying albums from Britney, Christina, PCD, Kesha, etc.. hyper sexual groups and singers, GIRLS.  Who is at their concerts GIRLS. Not all ofcourse but the overwhelming majority.  The last time britney came through town I knew grown women that were waiting at their computers to buy a ticket, shit sold out in 2 minutes, GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS.  Why?  I really hope it's not for the music.  Most men DO NOT want the sluty vixen anyway (well not for more than 45 minutes), most men want cute, smart, real, girls next door.  If I was datins Nicole Sheridan, I would be more attreacted to her making a sandwich in sweats and a hat after going to the gym, than all dolled up like some hooker.   I seems to me that it is women who are obsessed with their own sexuality.  Women want to be wanted, it is natural and instintive, they want attention I think it is as simple as.  Women "attract" men, and men "hunt" women, this is just how it works even today (just less obvious).  So I would assume it is natural for many to "peacock" themselves.  That need is so powerful in some of them it may make them act and dress like these vixens they see who they feel are wanted.  I have asked many rational girls the same question and all have admitted variances of the following:  "When I am in a room full of girls, I constantly compare myself to them, and when an unknown walks in who is blatantly prettier/smarter/etc... all I can really do is start to pick them apart and make a case to myself for how the are some bitch or something"

Men just don't do this, we don't think "man that guy has nice muscular arms, I bet he's a slut or he's stupid" or "man that guy is really goodlooking, I'm going to have to act real over the top to get any attention in this group."  We just don't think like that.

If women want to act like the vixen, have at it, but do it for the right reasons, sadly most of the time it's for the wrong reasons.   

 

 

 

On a side note I'd like to hear people comments on a subject I was discussing with a few friends last week.  The subject was crappy music, and how the large majority of real fans of crappy music seem to be girls.  Crappy music=subjective yadayada...well not really.  I think we can all agree on Backstreet boys, justin beiber, britney, Kesha, etc...  These types, music with no substance, music written for 10 year olds. This is crap music, usually written by real musicians behind the scenes but specifically to be crap music for people who listen to crap music and for kids.  Why is it that the fans of this kind of music are overwhealmingly girls, and the insane fans who chase cars and cry are always girls.  Women, what is up with that?


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Men aren't as intense with it

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

 

Men just don't do this, we don't think "man that guy has nice muscular arms, I bet he's a slut or he's stupid" or "man that guy is really goodlooking, I'm going to have to act real over the top to get any attention in this group."  We just don't think like that.

 

 

 

 

But they can be competitive at times - just in different ways. They might reveal how well off they are or how brave with their skydiving or something. Or they might ridicule or tease someone they are threatened by. Or, and most commonly, they might make them an ally. You can't cheat behind a mate's back as you might a stranger's so an alliance strategy has real merit and no risk.

Girls as you say, will definitely vilify the competition, especially if given the slightest excuse. The other thing is this. Even if girls are flaunting their wares it's not as if they are doing anything about it. They are displaying but not offering themselves unless they choose to.

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
Wow, I'm flattered that you

Wow, I'm flattered that you took all that time to reply individually to every sentence in my reply! Sorry, I won't reciprocate... well, except for this part:

redneF wrote:

In 30 seconds they've earned nothing but your vitriol and scorn. And for no justifiable reason, other than petty jealousy.

I doubt that you possess superior dancing or singing ability than any of them, much less the lead singer, who is the most talented of them.

I also doubt you know how many girls they auditioned before they settled on these 6 girls.

 

Oh, and please define for this forum what a 'slut' is....

30 seconds was more than enough time to see they are no-talent girls acting like sluts.

'jealousy'??? That's a good one! 'No-talent' sums it up. There is no one on this planet that I am 'jealous' of but, I can think of quite a few that I admire and look up to. Teen Trash and Sluts are not on the list.

'Settled' on is probably the best word to use in this case. I don't know and don't care how many were auditioned - the final result is a mess. IF the lead singer has any talent at all, it is not visible in this video .. maybe if she dumped the gyrating Pips that dominate the video, her talent might be seen, if she has any, which I doubt. But, hey, everyone has to start somewhere.

I specifically chose the words, 'acting like sluts' because that is what they were doing. Whether or, not they act like that only to make a buck, I couldn't say.

You want a definition of 'slut'? Watch the video.

 

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

 

Men just don't do this, we don't think "man that guy has nice muscular arms, I bet he's a slut or he's stupid" or "man that guy is really goodlooking, I'm going to have to act real over the top to get any attention in this group."  We just don't think like that.

 

But they can be competitive at times - just in different ways. They might reveal how well off they are or how brave with their skydiving or something. Or they might ridicule or tease someone they are threatened by. Or, and most commonly, they might make them an ally. You can't cheat behind a mate's back as you might a stranger's so an alliance strategy has real merit and no risk.

Girls as you say, will definitely vilify the competition, especially if given the slightest excuse. The other thing is this. Even if girls are flaunting their wares it's not as if they are doing anything about it. They are displaying but not offering themselves unless they choose to.

I was going to say something similar... men puff up like peacocks or, beat the opponents brains out when competing for a female.... or, by displaying their wealth.

Isn't there a tropical bird that does this to attract a mate? They gather all sorts of shiny objects to place around the nest to lure in the female - just like men do.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:why they

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

why they just use sex to get what they want?

 

I think it's pretty simple and obvious, because they can, and because IT WORKS.  Same reason kids make cute sad faces to manipulate their parents, it works, it's efficient, it's easy pickens.


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4565
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
I appreciate their talent.

I appreciate their talent. And I also think that sluts get a really bad rap. I don't understand why everyone is so hard on women trying to make an honest living. I think it is past time to get rid of the social stigma that follows women who work at strip clubs or as whores but somehow does not follow the men who use their services. It is sexist if you ask me. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Sex and culture

I have heard it mentioned by many people ( I am not talking about on this thread, but elsewhere) about how much more predominantly sexual that our modern culture has become and how much more open that it seems to be, but is this true ? Is that even a bad thing ?

For instance, go to a museum and check out Renaissance art paintings and sculptures. Quite alot of sexual imagery and much of it is tied into religious themes. Some of it very erotic, some of it very disturbing, but this was acceptable art in the time when Europe was deemed as Christendom. Same thing with quite a bit of the literature of that time period as well.

The pictures and the drawings of Toulouse Lautrec  in the 19th century is just but one example of how often people liked to see imagery of the so-called "decadent" in art. Lautrec is only one example of the artists of that time period.

The romantic words of "courtly love" are referring to adultery in medieval poems.

Need we mention some of the artifacts that were discovered in Pompeii and how overtly sexual that culture was ?

How about some of the practices of the ancient Romans and Greeks when it came to sex ?

Look at how shocked the world was in the 1960's when the hippy movement came up with such ideas as "free love" and "love ins" and even that term made famous by the Supremes song "Love Child".

Taboos, fascination and attraction to sexual behavior are really nothing all of that new or alarming if you ask me.

For much of the older generation (I guess I could fit in that category, being in my mid-30's) it may seem somehow decadent to look at the practices of the young, but that is not unusual at all .

When I was a kid, heavy metal and MTV were  going to be the utter destruction of the future generations, the elderly said.

Every new generation has to push it's boundaries and mess with the elderly, I think it is normal.

Granted, some of this new pop music does seem talentless. I don't see how it could compare to what Madonna and Cyndi Lauper was to us back in the day (and trust me, they had FLOODS of people that did not like their imagery in performance).

I do have to admit there are some Lady Gaga tunes that I almost (I said almost, I did not admit ) to liking, but I think that is because she is just so weird.

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:I

Beyond Saving wrote:

I appreciate their talent. And I also think that sluts get a really bad rap. I don't understand why everyone is so hard on women trying to make an honest living. I think it is past time to get rid of the social stigma that follows women who work at strip clubs or as whores but somehow does not follow the men who use their services. It is sexist if you ask me. 

I completely and totally agree.

What is the difference between some Christian fundamentalist that wants to take away adult entertainment and some radical political agenda anti-porn crusader that wants to take away adult entertainment ? It still boils down to a select, smug group of people trying to dictate to everyone else what they should and should not do. This was the type of thinking that first started to push me away from religion to begin with.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: But

Atheistextremist wrote:
 

But they can be competitive at times - just in different ways. They might reveal how well off they are or how brave with their skydiving or something. Or they might ridicule or tease someone they are threatened by. Or, and most commonly, they might make them an ally. You can't cheat behind a mate's back as you might a stranger's so an alliance strategy has real merit and no risk.

 

 

So true, we do "flex our muscles" for girls, and that is our funny thing (look shinny car, sexy time?).  But we don't seem as quick to irrational judgement of other men in that way.  From my observations men certainly do silly things like fist fight over some random girl at the bar, but we're far more likely to have a beer with the guy on a later date.  We often compete/fight but don't "hate" eachother in that way.  Men don't seem as quick to   Women in general seem more prone to quickly hating other women for minute reasons, and setting up elaborate scenarios in their mind that prove other women to be this or that.  Men seem in general much quicker to befriend other men, and usually get along right away.  Put 2 guy friends on competing rugby teams and they will gladly beat the shit out of eachother without holding back and have a beer together after the game.  Put 2 girl friends on opposing contact sport teams and it could literally ruin the friendship 

In my current personal experience just looking at my guy friends in comparison to my girlfriends girlfriends the difference is clear.  My guy friends get along, always with eachother (we are solid as a rock), and the majority of the time with other men including all my girlfriends friends boyfriends.  The flip side however is the complete opposite.  My girlfirends friends are a gong show of constantly changing cliques, cattiness, gossip, and psycological abuse.  They are constanlty shifting the hate towards girls in the group, and it changes depending on current events and who's there for the conversation.  Sometimes, whoever didn't make it to girls night, just gets torn apart verbally by the girls that came (trust me, I'm trying to sleep in the other room while the hens down 6 bottles of wine).  I've heard my girl friend talk to one friend on the phone together bashing another friend, and then do the exact same reverse 2 minutes later with the other friend.  From my experience they're just mean to eachother.   

 

Example:

Just 2 nights ago, my girlfriend was out with the hens, something happened (not 100% sure) about one girl asking for a ride from another girls boyfriend yaddayadda (silly stuff), instigates 2 hour hen picking of how this girl is "a bitch like that" and how "they don't even want to be friends with her anymore" blablabla texting and verbal warfare extravoganza back at my place.  This goes on and on and on, some of the things they say about eachother, it's crazy.  They ofcourse will all be friends again but this will happen over and over and over... shifting from one girl to the other.  And new girls brought in to the group, don't even get me started. 


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:I

Beyond Saving wrote:

I appreciate their talent. And I also think that sluts get a really bad rap. I don't understand why everyone is so hard on women trying to make an honest living. I think it is past time to get rid of the social stigma that follows women who work at strip clubs or as whores but somehow does not follow the men who use their services. It is sexist if you ask me. 

Are you saying there is no stigma of male strippers and male prostitutes? I would say they are viewed pretty badly by guys, worse than how  there female counterparts are view by guys. That what I've gotten from my experiance. not saying that you believe there isn't just pointing out there is a flip side.

 

Well personally I don't hold guys who go to strip clubs in high regard nor guys who tack advantage of the services offered by prostitutes. They are free to do it, im not going to bash them about it just like im not going to bash strippers or prostitutes but at the same time im not about to say that I find there life choices awesome.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:I

Beyond Saving wrote:

I appreciate their talent. And I also think that sluts get a really bad rap. I don't understand why everyone is so hard on women trying to make an honest living. I think it is past time to get rid of the social stigma that follows women who work at strip clubs or as whores but somehow does not follow the men who use their services. It is sexist if you ask me. 

Very true.

 

  I think if you wanna be a stripper who I am to tell you it's wrong, but I have known many girls in the trade, and many of them are not healthy mentally because of it.  Many can't handle it, do it for the wrong reasons and become messed up from it.  I've met some, one in particular I believe was absolutely strong enough, did it for the money only, and could handle the daily harassment of men at the bar.  But still who am I to say you can't be a stripper because you can't handle it, it's their life. 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:Very

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Very true.

 

  I think if you wanna be a stripper who I am to tell you it's wrong, but I have known many girls in the trade, and many of them are not healthy mentally because of it.  Many can't handle it, do it for the wrong reasons and become messed up from it.  I've met some, one in particular I believe was absolutely strong enough, did it for the money only, and could handle the daily harassment of men at the bar.  But still who am I to say you can't be a stripper because you can't handle it, it's their life. 

Do you think that some of the mental hang-ups could possibly be in association with all of the religious and social taboos that are placed upon it ?

However, we could look at it from this angle. I worked in construction for a lot of years. Seen a lot of guys develop all sorts of physical health problems because of it. Also seen alot of careless people get badly injured and even seen a couple of people lose some limbs.

Alot of the people that I worked with in construction were dudes with felonies and dudes that had such severe alcohol and drug problems that trying to find any other type of work was well nigh impossible. Not to mention all of the people that I worked with that seemed to have cavemen type mentalities (i.e. a disagreemet over how a job was to be done could result in a few bloody fist fights that I have seen) and could never fit in with any sort of conventional mode.

It would not be hard to draw a conclusion from all of my experiences that working in construction can prove to be VERY detrimental to one's health and that a man would have to be messed up to want to get into it.

Odd part about it all is, I kinda liked it, hehe. But then again, I always knew I was mental.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Well personally

Tapey wrote:

Well personally I don't hold guys who go to strip clubs in high regard nor guys who tack advantage of the services offered by prostitutes. They are free to do it, im not going to bash them about it just like im not going to bash strippers or prostitutes but at the same time im not about to say that I find there life choices awesome.

Well put.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:kapko i

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

kapko i dont care that you dont care so ha

 

i know we have drives but should we use drives to get advantage? you just say it drive but never say if we should exploit

 

i dont think we should

Well, at least her sober requiem was a bit quieter this time...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Have I mentioned that I have

Have I mentioned that I have a book due out VERY VERY VERY soon abvout male/female sexual interactions and committed relationships?.... and which tackles many of these subjects?....Have I?... JUST ASKIN'....

 

(shameless, I know)


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I have

harleysportster wrote:

I have heard it mentioned by many people ( I am not talking about on this thread, but elsewhere) about how much more predominantly sexual that our modern culture has become and how much more open that it seems to be, but is this true ? Is that even a bad thing ?

For instance, go to a museum and check out Renaissance art paintings and sculptures. Quite alot of sexual imagery and much of it is tied into religious themes. Some of it very erotic, some of it very disturbing, but this was acceptable art in the time when Europe was deemed as Christendom. Same thing with quite a bit of the literature of that time period as well.

The pictures and the drawings of Toulouse Lautrec  in the 19th century is just but one example of how often people liked to see imagery of the so-called "decadent" in art. Lautrec is only one example of the artists of that time period.

The romantic words of "courtly love" are referring to adultery in medieval poems.

Need we mention some of the artifacts that were discovered in Pompeii and how overtly sexual that culture was ?

How about some of the practices of the ancient Romans and Greeks when it came to sex ?

Look at how shocked the world was in the 1960's when the hippy movement came up with such ideas as "free love" and "love ins" and even that term made famous by the Supremes song "Love Child".

Taboos, fascination and attraction to sexual behavior are really nothing all of that new or alarming if you ask me.

For much of the older generation (I guess I could fit in that category, being in my mid-30's) it may seem somehow decadent to look at the practices of the young, but that is not unusual at all .

When I was a kid, heavy metal and MTV were  going to be the utter destruction of the future generations, the elderly said.

Every new generation has to push it's boundaries and mess with the elderly, I think it is normal.

Granted, some of this new pop music does seem talentless. I don't see how it could compare to what Madonna and Cyndi Lauper was to us back in the day (and trust me, they had FLOODS of people that did not like their imagery in performance).

I do have to admit there are some Lady Gaga tunes that I almost (I said almost, I did not admit ) to liking, but I think that is because she is just so weird.

 

This is very true, what is considered over sexual depends on the era, I mean elvis presley was considered to be overly sexual with his dancing, which these days is nothing, certain dances of the 1920's was considered overly sexual as well. Tango was considered to be overly sexual and perverted in argentina when it began in the late 1890's early 1900's.  What is considered sexual and not varies from era to era, and each had those that perceived those things, types of clothing, dancing or type of women to be over sexual. But their are always going to be women and men that use their sexual prowess to gain and advantage over those that have less of it.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Very true.

 

  I think if you wanna be a stripper who I am to tell you it's wrong, but I have known many girls in the trade, and many of them are not healthy mentally because of it.  Many can't handle it, do it for the wrong reasons and become messed up from it.  I've met some, one in particular I believe was absolutely strong enough, did it for the money only, and could handle the daily harassment of men at the bar.  But still who am I to say you can't be a stripper because you can't handle it, it's their life. 

However, we could look at it from this angle. I worked in construction for a lot of years. Seen a lot of guys develop all sorts of physical health problems because of it. Also seen alot of careless people get badly injured and even seen a couple of people lose some limbs.

Alot of the people that I worked with in construction were dudes with felonies and dudes that had such severe alcohol and drug problems that trying to find any other type of work was well nigh impossible. Not to mention all of the people that I worked with that seemed to have cavemen type mentalities (i.e. a disagreemet over how a job was to be done could result in a few bloody fist fights that I have seen) and could never fit in with any sort of conventional mode.

It would not be hard to draw a conclusion from all of my experiences that working in construction can prove to be VERY detrimental to one's health and that a man would have to be messed up to want to get into it.

Odd part about it all is, I kinda liked it, hehe. But then again, I always knew I was mental.

 

I'm a carpenter born and raised.  Been in construction for 10 years, and the one thing I know most about construction, is that I don't want to be in construction.  You nailed it on the environement, most job sites are like a chimp exibit.  I'm almost numb to it all now: 

Bob Wankermans (betta males obsessed with the little power they have on the job site),

Carpenteritus (thinking one is the best carpenter in the world),

How to swing your hammer syndrom (Someone who micro manages everything, just stands there watching and correcting you, telling you "how to swing your hammer&quotEye-wink

The Lifers (45-70 year old veteran tradesman, missing fingers, black lungs, grumpy, condecending, usually seem to hate their wives)

 

Their are alote of tools in construction.

  That's why I went into real estate and flipped a house, to bad the market is so flat or I would still be doing it, (40 unit townhome development here I come).  For now, back on the sites.  I think contruction will always have special place inside me, but I'm ready to move on.  It is for the most part an unhealthy environement, dust, saws, heights, the people, everyone usually gets atleast one bad injury for their career in the trades whether it be a missing finger, or a back that just won't bend anymore.

 

Construction...I'm out!   

Design, management, realestate development, yes please.

 


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Birth control + women's

Birth control + women's rights = sex culture that makes traditional types cringe.

 

This is a whole new world, and we're barely seeing the beginning.  I think the whole thing is fascinating, personally.  Sexual taboos don't have much 'real' meaning anymore and it will be interesting to see how different cultures deal with that new reality.  It won't be painless though, or quick...at least not for many cultures that put great value on tradition.

 

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Birth

mellestad wrote:

Birth control + women's rights = sex culture that makes traditional types cringe.

 

This is a whole new world, and we're barely seeing the beginning.  I think the whole thing is fascinating, personally.  Sexual taboos don't have much 'real' meaning anymore and it will be interesting to see how different cultures deal with that new reality.  It won't be painless though, or quick...at least not for many cultures that put great value on tradition.

 

I saw a placard in a store the other day that said : Isn't tradition merely a way of clinging to the illusion of permanence ?

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
you say you like it and they

you say you like it and they do but i know that

 

just that they like doesnt mean they not victim people like religion that not mean anything

 

you like to look i do too that not make it right

 

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: you

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

you like to look i do too that not make it right

 

Why is it not right ?

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno