Christian lies...

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian lies...

Some creationist troll on another forum just posted this link - http://www.secular-humanism.com/ - to "prove" a point with a quote purportedly by Sir Arthur Keith, being "Evolution is unproved and unprovable. We believe it only because the only alternative is special creation, and that is unthinkable." The troll showed it claiming that it was a "real" quote on a "secular-humanist" site. So, I ckicked on the home button at the bottom of the page and found this - http://www.allaboutgod.com/ . Apparently some christians decided they could pretend to be humanists and post whatever they want.

The troll, when this was pointed out, then sent a link to the wikipedia page on Sir Arthur Keith to show that the quote was "real" without reading the footnote (#4.)

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is the wikipedia link:

Here is the wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Keith

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Ahh, creationists, the

Ahh, creationists, the village idiots of the scientific community.  They want to think they're using scientific facts to support their delusions but they're just idiotic laymen that are too stupid to understand a grade 9 science book.  I like the YouTube series "Why people laugh at Creationists"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY

These are the 'elite' of the creationist movement and they are really silly people.  It's sad that these individuals have a following.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ah, devout theists using

Ah, devout theists using propaganda... it's unfathomable, I tell you!

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is why "Thou shalt not

This is why "Thou shalt not lie" was left out of the commandments.... Seriously... do we need to expose any Christian Lies after "The fictional Character named jesus is the son of a non existant supreme being"?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not quite.

Rich Woods wrote:

This is why "Thou shalt not lie" was left out of the commandments.... Seriously... do we need to expose any Christian Lies after "The fictional Character named jesus is the son of a non existant supreme being"?

It is the ninth commandment that says " thou shalt NOT bare false witness....."  It does mean don't lie, but theists tend to ignore that one like they ignore anything else that makes sense.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Isn't there a verse from

Isn't there a verse from Paul advocating lying? "If through my falsehood"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Ah, devout

Kapkao wrote:

Ah, devout theists using propaganda... it's unfathomable, I tell you!

LOL. Good one.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
christian lies..

Tadgh wrote:

Some creationist troll on another forum ..  Apparently some christians decided they could pretend to be humanists and post whatever they want.

You are praying for him. Correct ?  Eye-wink

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:You are

danatemporary wrote:

You are praying for him. Correct ?  Eye-wink

No, but I don't suppose it could do any harm, although I guess it could if I actually believed.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
.. I don't suppose it could do any harm

:~  I keep hearing on other forums how someone asserts “god save me” in a harrowing experience. Or how harrowing airplane  turbulence  brings out a religious side  in  all Atheists . . . 

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: :~  I

danatemporary wrote:

:~  I keep hearing on other forums how someone asserts “god save me” in a harrowing experience. Or how harrowing airplane  turbulence  brings out a religious side  in  all Atheists . . . 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian lies..

You'll have to pardon me. I found it humorous.

____

At the other forums Im on they are mostly 'Theists'.