Hi i am matt

th3_fury
User is offlineOffline
Hi i am matt

Hello my name is Matt  and  i am a atheist and  it is hard because i live in the bible  belt but i am glade to find this site it is great to be around people like me.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the Forum

Welcome aboard !

You'll find that your not alone. There are scores of Bible Belt Atheists on this particular forum (says something about the power of the Bible Belt doesn't it ? It's creating more and more Atheists, hehe).

I live in Memphis, Tennessee but was originally born and raised in New Jersey. You can imagine the difficulties that an open Yankee Atheist encounters on a pretty regular basis.

But, this place has tons of information and all the smart replies ever needed to tear any religious nutcases to shreds if they ever start any crap with you. Fear not, the next time someone says "Oh but without a god there is no morality," you'll be able to make them look like an idiot !

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Matt.

pleased to meet you.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hey Matt! Nice to meet

Hey Matt! Nice to meet you.
It's great to talk to like-minded people, indeed. A lot of my friends are christians, so it's kind of hard to talk about anything that isn't every-day stuff, because they have to start talking about God and everything, while I don't really care.
Although I did introduce the term religious existentialism, recently Smiling

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Hey Matt, welcome. 

Hey Matt, welcome.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
G'day Matt, I'm from

G'day Matt, I'm from Australia, a part of it that once was compared to the Bible Belt of the US, altho not quite that bad. But we got over it, or least finally kicked out the somewhat fundy State political leader who was making us the butt of jokes in the rest of the country.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Matt. Welcome.

Hey, Matt. Welcome.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 welcome to the forum

welcome to the forum