10 things christians and atheists can and must agree on.

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
Posts: 157
Joined: 2007-12-10
User is offlineOffline
10 things christians and atheists can and must agree on.

This is a terribly written article, now tear it to pieces!!!

 

 

http://www.cracked.com/article_15759_10-things-christians-atheists-can-and-must-agree-on.html


Blake
atheistScience Freak
Posts: 991
Joined: 2010-02-19
User is offlineOffline
The "morality/love therefore

The "morality/love therefore god" argument was idiotic, every time he brought it up or referenced it.  Apparently he doesn't comprehend social contract, and is completely ignorant of work in secular objective morality.  Reason can explain all morality, and justify social systems in itself.

He might as well have said "Morality goes in, morality goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."

 

There is something to be said about the lack of any "kill people" prescription in atheism, but otherwise the rest was pretty much just an opinion piece.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13835
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Blake wrote:The

Blake wrote:

The "morality/love therefore god" argument was idiotic, every time he brought it up or referenced it.  Apparently he doesn't comprehend social contract, and is completely ignorant of work in secular objective morality.  Reason can explain all morality, and justify social systems in itself.

He might as well have said "Morality goes in, morality goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."

 

There is something to be said about the lack of any "kill people" prescription in atheism, but otherwise the rest was pretty much just an opinion piece.

You know you committed a gaff AND A REALLY BAD ONE, when your gaff bleeds into unrelated stories. Can we safely say that this person is pulling an O'Reilly"?

"Ignorance goes up, never comes down, Always a miscommunication".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
funknotik wrote:This is a

funknotik wrote:

This is a terribly written article, now tear it to pieces!!!

 

 

http://www.cracked.com/article_15759_10-things-christians-atheists-can-and-must-agree-on.html

I just skimmed it but I only saw 2.  I'll add another one.

All Christnuts must convert or be executed.

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
Posts: 679
Joined: 2010-05-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

funknotik wrote:

This is a terribly written article, now tear it to pieces!!!

 

 

http://www.cracked.com/article_15759_10-things-christians-atheists-can-and-must-agree-on.html

I just skimmed it but I only saw 2.  I'll add another one.

All Christnuts must convert or be executed.

 

It is interesting, that Stalin was much softer on believers.  

Here

is an article (in Russian, but you can translate it in English by Chrome for instance).  It is not so clear if Stalin was an atheist, but it is clear that he was not a crusader against Christians especially, and for sure he did not operate in the name of atheism.  


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
It reads like it was written

It reads like it was written by someone between the ages of 17-22 yrs old, who really isn't that profound a thinker.

That was 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back....

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist wrote:It

100percentAtheist wrote:

It is interesting, that Stalin was much softer on believers.  

Here

is an article (in Russian, but you can translate it in English by Chrome for instance).  It is not so clear if Stalin was an atheist, but it is clear that he was not a crusader against Christians especially, and for sure he did not operate in the name of atheism.  

Do you know any Russian video sites that have full episodes of anime?

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Before I read the article,

Before I read the article, is one of the things we can all agree on, the global elimination of the Speedo?


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Before I

Rich Woods wrote:

Before I read the article, is one of the things we can all agree on, the global elimination of the Speedo?

 

You have got my vote.

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
I didn't think it was that

I didn't think it was that bad, overall.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
Posts: 157
Joined: 2007-12-10
User is offlineOffline
Blake wrote:The

Blake wrote:

The "morality/love therefore god" argument was idiotic, every time he brought it up or referenced it.  Apparently he doesn't comprehend social contract, and is completely ignorant of work in secular objective morality.  Reason can explain all morality, and justify social systems in itself.

He might as well have said "Morality goes in, morality goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."

 

There is something to be said about the lack of any "kill people" prescription in atheism, but otherwise the rest was pretty much just an opinion piece.

 

Aside from what you mentioned, I think the worst part is "Both sides really believe what they are saying." That's a huge assumption, I think most religious people are just involved in some form of psychodrama. When you really press the issue on them with specific claims about their belief they usually collapse and say either "I can't really prove any of this is true but I believe it." Or "someone else (a religious authority) will explain it better than me." This has been my experience but a lot of church goers are just there for show they don't even know whats in their "holly" book. Then you have the new age spiritual type people who don't know what the fuck they believe. Aside from that just terribly written over all.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
I found that article a few

I found that article a few weeks ago and left some comments. They all got deleted the next day, leaving only the "I'm a christian, and it's tru what he sez about athiests !" comments.

*shrug*


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13835
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

funknotik wrote:

This is a terribly written article, now tear it to pieces!!!

 

 

http://www.cracked.com/article_15759_10-things-christians-atheists-can-and-must-agree-on.html

I just skimmed it but I only saw 2.  I'll add another one.

All Christnuts must convert or be executed.

 

It is interesting, that Stalin was much softer on believers.  

Here

is an article (in Russian, but you can translate it in English by Chrome for instance).  It is not so clear if Stalin was an atheist, but it is clear that he was not a crusader against Christians especially, and for sure he did not operate in the name of atheism.  

Stalin, in my assesment probably didn't give a shit what someone believed as long as they didn't disobey him. He would of killed you if you tried to compete with the state, over ANYTHING, politics or business or religion and I am sure he would have had me killed as an atheist.

He wasn't anti-religion as much as he was anti-competition. The God of Abraham has more in common with Stalin than I do even if he was an atheist. I am not against people making absurd claims, or political competition. I am against monopolies of power. And if any claimed concept in human history smacks of absolute power the God of Abraham does.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13835
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
And for most hear reading

And for most hear reading this, we are familiar with the back peddle of "No he won't torture you, you will just miss out on the utopia party in the eternity".

That STILL misses the point that this alleged god has the final say without the ability to consent to the outcome. You cant boot this god out of office.

You didn't consent to be born. You don't consent to disease or violence that he has watch over and selectively gets involved. You don't have the option of blaming him if things go wrong.

Funny how in western secular governments, if we don't like our leaders, we can get rid of them by voting them out of office. They cant force us to submit to them. They have to consent to us to be given power and that power can be taken away from them. That is how rational societies find common ground.

The god of Abraham can only be defined as a dictator. Even if you want to try to downplay it by saying he is not violent,(coulda fooled me with the stories of the OT and revelations). He still has the absolute power of final decision. In reality in secular pluralistic societies, the decision makers are not set in stone and they consent to us as much as we consent to them.

There is no give and take or checks and balances with the god of Abraham.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
Posts: 676
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Dumb and Dumb

Moron wrote:
But I think we've got more common ground than we admit. For instance, both my atheist and Christian friends (I seem to have an equal number of both these days) tell me they agree with the following statement:

Celebrating the death of somebody you disagreed with pretty much makes you a dick.

Soooo, celebrating the death of a mass-murdering, genocidal, psychotic makes you a d*ck?

Celebrating the end of a life dedicated to homophobia, hate, and intolerance makes you a d*ck?

That's..... special.

This guy is hanging on by a very thin thread. I wouldn't be surprised if he had to have someone help him brush his hair and make his breakfast.


marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
Posts: 676
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Before I

Rich Woods wrote:

Before I read the article, is one of the things we can all agree on, the global elimination of the Speedo?

We should at least get a vote on-site to decide if they have to go back to their car and change.

"Sorry dude, you've been voted out of the speedos. Do not return until you have less dumb swimming trunks"


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Rich Woods

marcusfish wrote:

Rich Woods wrote:

Before I read the article, is one of the things we can all agree on, the global elimination of the Speedo?

We should at least get a vote on-site to decide if they have to go back to their car and change.

"Sorry dude, you've been voted out of the speedos. Do not return until you have less dumb swimming trunks"

I don't want it to be eliminated, it's more hygienic. They make square cut.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
Posts: 157
Joined: 2007-12-10
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Moron

marcusfish wrote:

Moron wrote:
But I think we've got more common ground than we admit. For instance, both my atheist and Christian friends (I seem to have an equal number of both these days) tell me they agree with the following statement:

Celebrating the death of somebody you disagreed with pretty much makes you a dick.

Soooo, celebrating the death of a mass-murdering, genocidal, psychotic makes you a d*ck?

Celebrating the end of a life dedicated to homophobia, hate, and intolerance makes you a d*ck?

That's..... special.

This guy is hanging on by a very thin thread. I wouldn't be surprised if he had to have someone help him brush his hair and make his breakfast.

Yeah what an idiot there are probably hundreds of people whose deaths have signified something great for alot of people. It strikes me that the writer is a closet Christian, cause no one does the Black and white thing like they do.


marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
Posts: 676
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Confidence

funknotik wrote:
It strikes me that the writer is a closet Christian, cause no one does the Black and white thing like they do.

You would consider him in the closet?

This guy is clearly Christian, he just doesn't come out and say it because he thinks that will separate him from his potential atheist audience. Or... all of the atheist friends he apparently has, which is just another attempt to lull non-believers into his confidence.

"Look, I'm so friendly to the atheist that I even have them as friends. Aren't I swell? *They* consider my opinion valuable - shouldn't you as well?"

10 points to the person who can tell us which logical fallacy this is.


rebecca.williamson
atheist
Posts: 459
Joined: 2010-08-09
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Rich Woods

cj wrote:

Rich Woods wrote:

Before I read the article, is one of the things we can all agree on, the global elimination of the Speedo?

 

You have got my vote.

 

 

 Mine too! Speedos are horrible no matter who wears one.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:funknotik

marcusfish wrote:

funknotik wrote:
It strikes me that the writer is a closet Christian, cause no one does the Black and white thing like they do.

You would consider him in the closet?

This guy is clearly Christian, he just doesn't come out and say it because he thinks that will separate him from his potential atheist audience. Or... all of the atheist friends he apparently has, which is just another attempt to lull non-believers into his confidence.

"Look, I'm so friendly to the atheist that I even have them as friends. Aren't I swell? *They* consider my opinion valuable - shouldn't you as well?"

10 points to the person who can tell us which logical fallacy this is.

Anyone that has to advertise that they have "all these atheist friends" speaks volumes about who they truly are I do agree.

And funknotik is right. I don't know of anyone that pushes the false dichotomy of absolute black and whites without thought to variables more than Theists. It's always a question of THIS WAY OR NO WAY, YOUR FOR GOD OR AGAINST GOD, nonsense little absolutist slogans like that.

I thought the article was nonsense too.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


JesusLoves You ...
Theist
Posts: 1
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
IM SORRY

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest in this forum for you have absolutely have NO IDEA what awaits you if you die rejecting Jesus. I am quite sure you have already heard this deplorable rhetoric numerous times so i will keep my spiel to a minimum. I know Jesus is real because He has actually appeared to me. I was on the verge of killing myself. He said TRUST ME. Do I have proof to offer the scientific community, of course not but it was proof enough for me. My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians? Why dont you ever see athiests back talking Mohommed or Budda. Are you afraid that some Islamic extremist will come and blow your house up. You attack only Christians because Jesus taught us to Love and Pray for our enemies so you know there will be no retribution. I would love to see an athiest go on national television and say something sarcastic about Allah. I do not think athiest have BIG enough ba--s. I also find it ironic I have never seen an athiest's of america truck pull up to a disaster site and start handing out food or supplies. Why is that? You only think of yourselves. You live for yourselves. Jesus has taught me to put other people before myself and that is something an athiest cannot or will not do. You love only yourselfs. How pitiful. Have you ever talked to former athiests and asked them what actually made them give there life to Jesus? It has been said most athiests did not have a good relationship with there father growing up, that is why they reject there Heavenly Father. I f you truly want to know if God ( Jesus ) exists, ask Him, He will prove it to you with out a doubt like He did with me. Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity and I really do not want to see anyone go to Hell until they have ALL THE FACTS. ASK HIM IF YOU TRULY WANT TO KNOW IF HE EXISTS, HE WILL PROVE IT TO YOU. BELIEVE ME YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS. I always questioned whether God existed and when I needed Him to prove it to me, He did. Please dont reject Him until you have truly asked Him to prove His existence to you. .......Ron C 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

 My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians? Why dont you ever see athiests back talking Mohommed or Budda.

Dude, there are two muslim threads topping recent posts right now !

*sigh*, okay, let's tackle that "thing" first then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhN6CG1zCRc

Also, google-search this site for the words "muslim" or "islam", and then say that again with a straight face.

I trust that settles your thing ? (You seem to have a couple more. I'll leave those to other people )

Oh, and welcome.

 


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
 Personally I'd like to see

 Personally I'd like to see more criticism of Mormons because most Christians may not consider them to be part of the group. They may need special attention.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4668
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

 My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians? Why dont you ever see athiests back talking Mohommed or Budda.

Read the forum genius. At the time you wrote this post two of the top three recently updated posts were specifically about Islam. 

 

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I also find it ironic I have never seen an athiest's of america truck pull up to a disaster site and start handing out food or supplies. Why is that? You only think of yourselves.You live for yourselves. Jesus has taught me to put other people before myself and that is something an athiest cannot or will not do. You love only yourselfs. How pitiful. 

I thought Christians were supposed to be humble. If there were a god I'm pretty sure it is condescending fucks who presume to tell people they are incapable of love and tell them who they care about that would burn in hell. You don't see an "atheists of america" truck because when we give charity we don't see a need to push our religious views or lack thereof onto the people we are helping as a condition of our help. There are many charities that are secular as they should be. Charity should be about helping those who need help, not trying to convert them to your religion. Some of us don't need an invisible friend to want to help out others. Put a dumb ass tax on yourself and send $1000 to charity. One of my favorite secular ones is 

http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org because they saved my nieces life. Oh that's right, I'm an atheist, I can't possibly care about my niece. Well you being an all caring Christian can donate in my absence then. 

 

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

It has been said most athiests did not have a good relationship with there father growing up, that is why they reject there Heavenly Father. 

By whom? More condescending people like you? Please tell me what my relationship with my father was like, because I don't know. Glad you are here to tell me.  

 

Anyway, glad you didn't kill yourself. Give to charity. Don't replace your real father with your imaginary one. And you ought to avoid making radical assumptions about people you know nothing about. Have a nice day. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Apology not accepted, Ron.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest in this forum for you have absolutely have NO IDEA what awaits you if you die rejecting Jesus. I am quite sure you have already heard this deplorable rhetoric numerous times so i will keep my spiel to a minimum. I know Jesus is real because He has actually appeared to me. I was on the verge of killing myself. He said TRUST ME. Do I have proof to offer the scientific community, of course not but it was proof enough for me. My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians? Why dont you ever see athiests back talking Mohommed or Budda. Are you afraid that some Islamic extremist will come and blow your house up. You attack only Christians because Jesus taught us to Love and Pray for our enemies so you know there will be no retribution. I would love to see an athiest go on national television and say something sarcastic about Allah. I do not think athiest have BIG enough ba--s. I also find it ironic I have never seen an athiest's of america truck pull up to a disaster site and start handing out food or supplies. Why is that? You only think of yourselves. You live for yourselves. Jesus has taught me to put other people before myself and that is something an athiest cannot or will not do. You love only yourselfs. How pitiful. Have you ever talked to former athiests and asked them what actually made them give there life to Jesus? It has been said most athiests did not have a good relationship with there father growing up, that is why they reject there Heavenly Father. I f you truly want to know if God ( Jesus ) exists, ask Him, He will prove it to you with out a doubt like He did with me. Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity and I really do not want to see anyone go to Hell until they have ALL THE FACTS. ASK HIM IF YOU TRULY WANT TO KNOW IF HE EXISTS, HE WILL PROVE IT TO YOU. BELIEVE ME YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS. I always questioned whether God existed and when I needed Him to prove it to me, He did. Please dont reject Him until you have truly asked Him to prove His existence to you. .......Ron C 

 

Ron's theology:

"I have no proof for my assertion but if you do not agree with me it will torture you for all eternity despite the fact I don't want it to".

 

Ron, why don't you hitch your knackers a bit higher in your budgie smugglers and try to show moral consistency for a change. That's right - killing and torture are wrong - even when you're god. Oh, and fuck off Jesus, Allah, Buddha and any other imaginary friends there might be hunched outside the universe watching me pee. I think it's high time we stopped being nice to religious fanatics who hitch a ride on secular tolerance. 

P.S. BTW, Ron, I'm glad you didn't kill yourself. I guess that's something good that came out of your private Damascan moment, though most of what you are saying here is nevertheless thoughtless, unprovable crap.

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5907
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway, it

JesusLoves You Anyway, it was very much a good relationship with my sceptical father that ensured I would never get drawn into the religious delusion that you seem to have fallen into.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest in this forum for you have absolutely have NO IDEA what awaits you if you die rejecting Jesus. I am quite sure you have already heard this deplorable rhetoric numerous times so i will keep my spiel to a minimum.

Yep your rhetoric is pretty deplorable. But every time that I hear garbage like this, it reinforces my atheism all the more.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

 I know Jesus is real because He has actually appeared to me. I was on the verge of killing myself. He said TRUST ME. Do I have proof to offer the scientific community, of course not but it was proof enough for me.

What about all the other people that commit suicide daily ? Guess Jesus just ignores them but somehow CHOSE you right ? Christians do love to feel special and "ABOVE" others don't they ? You can't stand the thought that your just down here on Earth with all of the rest of us can you ? There are lots of people in the insane asylums that claim to "see" and "talk " to Jesus. Sure your not hallucinating ? Or maybe just filled with wishful thinking ? Hopefully, you fouhd reasons to live because YOU want to live and have found valid reasons to live, not because of religion.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians? Why dont you ever see athiests back talking Mohommed or Budda. Are you afraid that some Islamic extremist will come and blow your house up.

Oh give me a  break. I hold no respect for any religious belief or superstition.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

You attack only Christians because Jesus taught us to Love and Pray for our enemies so you know there will be no retribution.

 There wasn't any real message of love in any of the teachings of Jesus. It was just insane, hate-filled garbage. Christians have a pretty violent history. I don't see the members of Wetboro Baptist Church praying for their enemies when they picket military funerals with signs that say: God Hates Fags on them. I don't see a majority of your religion teaching any love and tolerance. Would you like some specific examples ?

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

. I do not think athiest have BIG enough ba--s. I also find it ironic I have never seen an athiest's of america truck pull up to a disaster site and start handing out food or supplies. Why is that? You only think of yourselves. You live for yourselves. Jesus has taught me to put other people before myself and that is something an athiest cannot or will not do.

Plenty of Atheist and secular charities .

JesusLoves you Anyway wrote:

You love only yourselfs. How pitiful. Have you ever talked to former athiests and asked them what actually made them give there life to Jesus? It has been said most athiests did not have a good relationship with there father growing up, that is why they reject there Heavenly Father. I f you truly want to know if God ( Jesus ) exists, ask Him, He will prove it to you with out a doubt like He did with me. Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity and I really do not want to see anyone go to Hell until they have ALL THE FACTS. ASK HIM IF YOU TRULY WANT TO KNOW IF HE EXISTS, HE WILL PROVE IT TO YOU. BELIEVE ME YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS. I always questioned whether God existed and when I needed Him to prove it to me, He did. Please dont reject Him until you have truly asked Him to prove His existence to you. .......Ron C 

Wow, such hate-filled and prejudice assertions from the loving and forgiving religion of Christianity. The one that teaches you to judge not and to turn the other cheek, but I guess that you ignore the parts of your religion that do not suit you when you wish. Hypocritical, double-talk and self-contradictory, like most Christians that I encounter.

I am actually going to say that Christians only love themselves. What kind of a person could find any peace in heaven if he knew that people were burning in hell ? What kind of a self-obsessed person could waste his whole life on the hope that he was going to get an eternal reward so that he could smugly assure himself that other people were going to burn ? What kind of person would worship a tyrant ? Why does god hide ? Why do I have to be at the point of despair before he would reveal himself ? What about all the other people suffering from depression that he DOESN'T reveal himself to ? Does he not care about them ?

I'd be curious as to how you would answer that.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
Posts: 157
Joined: 2007-12-10
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest in this forum for you have absolutely have NO IDEA what awaits you if you die rejecting Jesus. I am quite sure you have already heard this deplorable rhetoric numerous times so i will keep my spiel to a minimum. I know Jesus is real because He has actually appeared to me. I was on the verge of killing myself. He said TRUST ME. Do I have proof to offer the scientific community, of course not but it was proof enough for me. My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians? Why dont you ever see athiests back talking Mohommed or Budda. Are you afraid that some Islamic extremist will come and blow your house up. You attack only Christians because Jesus taught us to Love and Pray for our enemies so you know there will be no retribution. I would love to see an athiest go on national television and say something sarcastic about Allah. I do not think athiest have BIG enough ba--s. I also find it ironic I have never seen an athiest's of america truck pull up to a disaster site and start handing out food or supplies. Why is that? You only think of yourselves. You live for yourselves. Jesus has taught me to put other people before myself and that is something an athiest cannot or will not do. You love only yourselfs. How pitiful. Have you ever talked to former athiests and asked them what actually made them give there life to Jesus? It has been said most athiests did not have a good relationship with there father growing up, that is why they reject there Heavenly Father. I f you truly want to know if God ( Jesus ) exists, ask Him, He will prove it to you with out a doubt like He did with me. Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity and I really do not want to see anyone go to Hell until they have ALL THE FACTS. ASK HIM IF YOU TRULY WANT TO KNOW IF HE EXISTS, HE WILL PROVE IT TO YOU. BELIEVE ME YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS. I always questioned whether God existed and when I needed Him to prove it to me, He did. Please dont reject Him until you have truly asked Him to prove His existence to you. .......Ron C 

I'm not going to bother responding to that. But is there a way to track how people get to this site? Like what links they follow or if they found it on a google search or whatever. It would be interesting to know how these people get here do they just look through the forum and then say "here's something I disagree with let me voice my opinion and save these people!" "Oh no sky father is going to be angry if I don't save them." How much of a simpleton do you have to be to go to an atheist site and post such drivel?

"Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity and I really do not want to see anyone go to Hell until they have ALL THE FACTS." 

Cool I got the facts now I'm ready to go to hell. LOL!

 


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Nicely put, Harley.

 

harleysportster wrote:

I am actually going to say that Christians only love themselves. What kind of a person could find any peace in heaven if he knew that people were burning in hell ? What kind of a self-obsessed person could waste his whole life on the hope that he was going to get an eternal reward so that he could smugly assure himself that other people were going to burn ? What kind of person would worship a tyrant ? Why does god hide ? Why do I have to be at the point of despair before he would reveal himself ? What about all the other people suffering from depression that he DOESN'T reveal himself to ? Does he not care about them ?

I'd be curious as to how you would answer that.

 

That first line of yours really covers it for me. Christianity and islam are selfish attempts to live forever at the expense of virtually all other life. Christians do only love themselves while paying lip service to empathy.

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
Posts: 125
Joined: 2010-08-29
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest in this forum for you have absolutely have NO IDEA what awaits you if you die rejecting Jesus. I am quite sure you have already heard this deplorable rhetoric numerous times so i will keep my spiel to a minimum. I know Jesus is real because He has actually appeared to me. I was on the verge of killing myself. He said TRUST ME. Do I have proof to offer the scientific community, of course not but it was proof enough for me. My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians? Why dont you ever see athiests back talking Mohommed or Budda. Are you afraid that some Islamic extremist will come and blow your house up. You attack only Christians because Jesus taught us to Love and Pray for our enemies so you know there will be no retribution. I would love to see an athiest go on national television and say something sarcastic about Allah. I do not think athiest have BIG enough ba--s. I also find it ironic I have never seen an athiest's of america truck pull up to a disaster site and start handing out food or supplies. Why is that? You only think of yourselves. You live for yourselves. Jesus has taught me to put other people before myself and that is something an athiest cannot or will not do. You love only yourselfs. How pitiful. Have you ever talked to former athiests and asked them what actually made them give there life to Jesus? It has been said most athiests did not have a good relationship with there father growing up, that is why they reject there Heavenly Father. I f you truly want to know if God ( Jesus ) exists, ask Him, He will prove it to you with out a doubt like He did with me. Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity and I really do not want to see anyone go to Hell until they have ALL THE FACTS. ASK HIM IF YOU TRULY WANT TO KNOW IF HE EXISTS, HE WILL PROVE IT TO YOU. BELIEVE ME YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS. I always questioned whether God existed and when I needed Him to prove it to me, He did. Please dont reject Him until you have truly asked Him to prove His existence to you. .......Ron C 

 

I remember the day my father died in our living room and in my presence. He had been taking morphine for the pain in the final stages and so, when he told us that he could see the angels coming to take him, I attributed this vision to the drugs and I was very happy that this is what he saw. I did not think the angels were real.

I do not know what kind, if any, of drugs you were taking when you had your vision, but I do believe that someone who is on the verge of suicide is not exactly what I would call in a healthy frame of mind. I am very glad that you lived to tell the tale, and I hope you continue to live for a very long time. I do not mean any disrespect to you, but you will forgive me if I do not have much faith in your personal experience. I am glad, however, that you had it.

Peace.


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5907
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity and I really do not want to see anyone go to Hell until they have ALL THE FACTS.

That is why I would rightfully reject any such God  - a god that would condemn a person to eternal torment simply for not believing in him, especially when he has apparently constructed a world that is so full of injustice to people who have done nothing to deserve being killed or otherwise suffer from natural disaster, or from some horrible disease, or simply have their minds and/or bodies decay unnecessarily as they age, a world that looks more as if it was 'designed' by a spiteful prankster than a 'loving' God.

So the penalty for people who exercise their minds, who really look at the world as honestly and widely as they can, in an effort to determine the true nature of reality, to actually gather ALL THE FACTS, and still honestly see no sign of the God described by Christianity, or any other religion, is to be condemned to a Hell?? So only the feeble minded, or those who can lie to themselves and claim to believe in this invisible creature who loves the world, despite all the evidence to the contrary, only these are to be let into heaven to suck up to this tyrant forever?

So even when you yourself say you would not like to see someone so condemned simply for ignorance, can you not see that you are admitting that you believe in a God who is UNJUST enough to do just that? So you are 'believing' purely out of fear...

There is no evidence for a God creator, and even if there was a God, all the evidence of the history of the world is that He would have to be a malevolent creature.

There are actually fewer ultimate mysteries if we don't assume a God, and the 'problem of evil' disappears entirely - unfortunate events are entirely consistent with an ultimately purposeless reality. What purpose there is is that of individual conscious beings - ourselves.

 

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I always questioned whether God existed and when I needed Him to prove it to me, He did. Please dont reject Him until you have truly asked Him to prove His existence to you. .......Ron C 

Isn't questioning God (the trinity God, Son and Holy Spirit) an unforgivable sin?  

Mark 3:28-29

 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation.”

 

Matthew 12:30-32

31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemyagainst the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. "

Can you imagine this wacko dedicating his life to worship only to find out that it's all for nothing?  That's irony for you.

 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
It's the f**king upper case

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I always questioned whether God existed and when I needed Him to prove it to me, He did. Please don't reject Him until you have truly asked Him to prove His existence to you. .......Ron C 

 

objective personal pronouns for god that shit me the most. When I see those I could scream. He may not exist but I hate Him.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest in this forum

Bite me.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
...for you have absolutely have NO IDEA what awaits you if you die rejecting Jesus.

Ummm...you are just as clueless as anyone else is on what happens after death. However, since you've had your mind made up already, you are much less inclined to investigate what the reality is.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
I know Jesus is real because He has actually appeared to me.

Cool.

Post it on YouTube, or STFU.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
I was on the verge of killing myself. He said TRUST ME. Do I have proof to offer the scientific community, of course not but it was proof enough for me.

And you feel sorry for anyone who hasn't had the same hallucination?

I guess it doesn't even occur to you how drole that really is...

 

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians?

Ummm, have you always lived in a vacuum of ignorance? Where did you get that idea into your head?

Lemme guess...

 

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
 I would love to see an athiest go on national television and say something sarcastic about Allah.

Can't afford cable TV, huh?

 

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
I do not think athiest have BIG enough ba--s.

Do you have any idea how many atheists there are in the world, and how many countries in Europe are mostly atheist?

 

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
I also find it ironic I have never seen an athiest's of america truck pull up to a disaster site and start handing out food or supplies. Why is that?

Because atheists are too busy aiding people, rather than exploiting a disaster to promote themselves.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
You only think of yourselves.

This is a complete lie. You know otherwise, and chose to be dishonest about it.

You're no Christian. You're a fake.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
You live for yourselves.

You mean we're all given a life to live for someone else? WTF for?

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
Jesus has taught me to put other people before myself and that is something an athiest cannot or will not do.

Another lie. You're gonna burn for that, y'know...

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
 You love only yourselfs.

Another lie. You obviously have extreme contempt and hatred for certain people.

You're gonna burn for that too...

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
  How pitiful.

It's too bad there's really no hell, because I'd pay big money to see the horror on your face (and every other religious hypocrite's) when you'd get the bad news to where you're going...

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
 Have you ever talked to former athiests and asked them what actually made them give there life to Jesus?

I don't know any personally, except for a few people who were alcoholics that got brainwashed by AA. But they're extremely dysfunctional and weak people, to begin with. Whether they were secular or religious is not relevant.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
 It has been said most athiests did not have a good relationship with there father growing up, that is why they reject there Heavenly Father. 

That's junk science, that could only come out a religion.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
 I f you truly want to know if God ( Jesus ) exists, ask Him, He will prove it to you with out a doubt like He did with me.

Dude, if he's that easy to summon, then catch him on video, and post it on YouTube.

But, of course you can't do that, so you'll feed us BS reasons why it's never been done.

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:
  Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity...

And the proof of that is?...

 

Face it. You don't believe in what you're saying, anymore than I do. Because you wouldn't be the lying, intolerant, hate spewing individual that you are, if you really believed in hell.

You have yourself a good day now...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
JesusLoves You Anyway

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest in this forum for you have absolutely have NO IDEA what awaits you if you die rejecting Jesus. I am quite sure you have already heard this deplorable rhetoric numerous times so i will keep my spiel to a minimum. I know Jesus is real because He has actually appeared to me. I was on the verge of killing myself. He said TRUST ME. Do I have proof to offer the scientific community, of course not but it was proof enough for me. My thing is why do athiest only attack Christians? Why dont you ever see athiests back talking Mohommed or Budda. Are you afraid that some Islamic extremist will come and blow your house up. You attack only Christians because Jesus taught us to Love and Pray for our enemies so you know there will be no retribution. I would love to see an athiest go on national television and say something sarcastic about Allah. I do not think athiest have BIG enough ba--s. I also find it ironic I have never seen an athiest's of america truck pull up to a disaster site and start handing out food or supplies. Why is that? You only think of yourselves. You live for yourselves. Jesus has taught me to put other people before myself and that is something an athiest cannot or will not do. You love only yourselfs. How pitiful. Have you ever talked to former athiests and asked them what actually made them give there life to Jesus? It has been said most athiests did not have a good relationship with there father growing up, that is why they reject there Heavenly Father. I f you truly want to know if God ( Jesus ) exists, ask Him, He will prove it to you with out a doubt like He did with me. Because by rejecting Him you are making a decision that will hurt you for eternity and I really do not want to see anyone go to Hell until they have ALL THE FACTS. ASK HIM IF YOU TRULY WANT TO KNOW IF HE EXISTS, HE WILL PROVE IT TO YOU. BELIEVE ME YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS. I always questioned whether God existed and when I needed Him to prove it to me, He did. Please dont reject Him until you have truly asked Him to prove His existence to you. .......Ron C 

We all know this was a type and dash.  This guy isn't competant enough to defend himself.

Oh and for the record, I humbly prayed hundreds if not a thousand or so times for god to reveal himself to me, eventually I stopped making the effort.  


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Oh, Crazy, if only you'd

Oh, Crazy, if only you'd prayed on more time!  

 

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
Posts: 676
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Compassion

redneF wrote:

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest [IT IS SPELLED ATHEIST!!] in this forum

Bite me.

Now be nice. I'm sure its not this guys fault that he is a blithering retard. 

 


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:redneF

marcusfish wrote:

redneF wrote:

JesusLoves You Anyway wrote:

I would just like to send my sincerest apologies to ALL of the athiest [IT IS SPELLED ATHEIST!!] in this forum

Bite me.

Now be nice. I'm sure its not this guys fault that he is a blithering retard. 

 

lol

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Oh, Crazy,

mellestad wrote:

Oh, Crazy, if only you'd prayed on more time!  

 

I know right, or maybe I just wasn't praying hard enough.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Oh, Crazy, if only you'd prayed on more time!  

 

I know right, or maybe I just wasn't praying hard enough.

You know it might be interesting If I did, that is take these theists challenge of humbly reaching to a higher power for a week or so.  Really give it my all, any predictions on results?


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Oh, Crazy, if only you'd prayed on more time!  

 

I know right, or maybe I just wasn't praying hard enough.

You know it might be interesting If I did, that is take these theists challenge of humbly reaching to a higher power for a week or so.  Really give it my all, any predictions on results?

 

I did that once in a forum debate against some theists who claimed God would reveal Himself to a genuine seeker.  It was rough getting myself mentally prepared to make it a 'serious' request that a potentially unknown deity reveal itself, but I *think* I manged to make an honest query to the nether.

I'm sure you can guess the result of the exercise Sticking out tongue

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:JesusLoves

BobSpence1 wrote:

JesusLoves You Anyway, it was very much a good relationship with my sceptical father that ensured I would never get drawn into the religious delusion that you seem to have fallen into.

I became an Atheist anyway at age 10, despite having a very theistic (yet hippie-ish) dad. You... might not have been atheist if it weren't for your dad's belief system?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5907
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:BobSpence1

Kapkao wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

JesusLoves You Anyway, it was very much a good relationship with my sceptical father that ensured I would never get drawn into the religious delusion that you seem to have fallen into.

I became an Atheist anyway at age 10, despite having a very theistic (yet hippie-ish) dad. You... might not have been atheist if it weren't for your dad's belief system?

I can't tell in retrospect, but I'm sure that his attitude, plus the fact that we got along quite well, would have helped get me going in the atheist direction earlier than I might have otherwise.

I can only guess how I might have responded if brought up with strong religious indoctrination from my parents.

You don't say how much, if at all, your father actually tried to persuade you to adopt religion, which is really more relevant. "Hippie-ish" at least suggests to me that he would have been more open to you going your own way.

Of course I was almost certainly more rationally inclined anyway. I was never really into Theism, I was just aware that it was a set of ideas that was 'out there'. So I really had no actual 'adoption' of atheism, it was more a matter of my thoughts starting off without any strong pressure, even from my conventionally religious Mom, toward religion. By age 10, I think I was well into atheism, AFAICR.

It may be of interest that by my later teens/early twenties, I was definitely in disagreement with my Dad on political issues.

It seems to me now more a matter that on issues where we already inclined somewhat the same way, it became re-inforcing, whereas where we disagreed, it did not have any noticeable counter-effect.

I progressively became more confidently anti-theism, more as a consequence of my growing understanding of the world through Science, encouraged by discussions with my Dad, who was also strongly into science. The dominant realization seems to have been a progressive loss of respect for 'authority' as a basis for my beliefs. Lack of God belief was just that, an absence of positive belief, which became more consciously rejecting of unsupportable ideas.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:You don't

BobSpence1 wrote:
You don't say how much, if at all, your father actually tried to persuade you to adopt religion, which is really more relevant.


 

Quite a good damn bit, but he didn't force it on me (except during the Christmas eve service.) Pressure me into getting involved with his church, guilt tripping me for not going, yes. Force me, no.

Quote:
I was definitely in disagreement with my Dad on political issues.

Wonderful! You'll have to introduce me to him, in that case, the next time I'm in Oz. (Likely never, but still...)

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)