The tide goes in,the tide goes out,with no interuptions,you can't explain that

Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
The tide goes in,the tide goes out,with no interuptions,you can't explain that

       That is what Bill O'Reily said to the president of the American Atheist, now we all know how stupid religious people are,but this clown is on TV talking shit - quite different.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13823
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Yea, I saw that and

Yea, I saw that and TONIGHT,  January 6th Keith Olberman on Countdown is going to blast Ocrappy's stupid argument. So if anyone can post that clip here of Olberman slamming him for this stupid argument, please post it. It may take a while for MSNBC to post it but, post a link here once you get it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13823
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
That was priceless.

That was priceless. Olberman's just sat and stared and put up his hands and shrugged in disbelief that anyone in this age could make such a stupid statement. And then grunted "moon make gravity".LOL

I feel sooo vindicated that stuff like this is making national cable news. He even said before the clip "Silverman cleaned his clock".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
I'm actually angry at the

I'm actually angry at the atheist for not saying the word "Gravity"... he had a golden opportunity to slam O'reilly on his own show.... He blew it.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13823
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Rich Woods wrote:I'm

Rich Woods wrote:

I'm actually angry at the atheist for not saying the word "Gravity"... he had a golden opportunity to slam O'reilly on his own show.... He blew it.

I am not angry at all. You have to remember that this is a pressure situation under O'Reilly's trained ringmaster circus show and time was limited. Media, both left and right are trained to set up their guest as a punching bag.

He skipped that step because the end was important too, which is everyone argues the gap.

I do think it would have been better to say, "Would you buy the same "tide" argument if someone were arguing for Allah or Vishnu?"

The gravity issue while important, misses the end goal of pointing out that the believer has an agenda regardless of scientific fact.

FYI FOLKS, if someone can post last night's Colbert Report clip here, he bitch slaps O'Reilly and has Neil Degrees Tyson in on the joke. I fell out of my chair.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:I'm

 

Rich Woods wrote:
I'm actually angry at the atheist for not saying the word "Gravity"... he had a golden opportunity to slam O'reilly on his own show.... He blew it.
Totally, IT"S THE MOON BITCH!!!  haha, ah well I'm sure he's pissed he missed it too.  My favourite part "I know I'm not the smartest guy in town,"  Ya think!!! 

He should (and the network should as well) have to correct himself on a later show "sorry I'm a fucking idiot it's the moon gravity", well he would if it wasn't fox.  He probably still doesn't know how the tides work, mysterious indeed, must be the Christian God at work.  He probably wonders why celestial bodies are round.  He probably says as an argument "why are all the planets perfectly round hmmm????  Must be design."  This guy is an idiot.


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Rich Woods

Brian37 wrote:

Rich Woods wrote:

I'm actually angry at the atheist for not saying the word "Gravity"... he had a golden opportunity to slam O'reilly on his own show.... He blew it.

I am not angry at all. You have to remember that this is a pressure situation under O'Reilly's trained ringmaster circus show and time was limited. Media, both left and right are trained to set up their guest as a punching bag.

He skipped that step because the end was important too, which is everyone argues the gap.

I do think it would have been better to say, "Would you buy the same "tide" argument if someone were arguing for Allah or Vishnu?"

The gravity issue while important, misses the end goal of pointing out that the believer has an agenda regardless of scientific fact.

FYI FOLKS, if someone can post last night's Colbert Report clip here, he bitch slaps O'Reilly and has Neil Degrees Tyson in on the joke. I fell out of my chair.

agreed. point taken.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:FYI FOLKS, if

Brian37 wrote:

FYI FOLKS, if someone can post last night's Colbert Report clip here, he bitch slaps O'Reilly and has Neil Degrees Tyson in on the joke. I fell out of my chair.

http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/the-colbert-report/full-episodes/the-colbert-report---january-6-2011/#clip396324

 


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
http://www.colbertnation.com/

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


lalib
atheist
lalib's picture
Posts: 134
Joined: 2010-12-31
User is offlineOffline
 I'm quite in love with

 I'm quite in love with Colbert. Eye-wink


Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Brian 37 wrote: Colbert Report clip .........

    I'll look for the clip ! Anyway, I saw the Colbert Report every day this week except for last night. 

Signature ? How ?


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:I'm

Rich Woods wrote:

I'm actually angry at the atheist for not saying the word "Gravity"... he had a golden opportunity to slam O'reilly on his own show.... He blew it.

EXACTLY. What the hell is the president of American Atheists thinking?? You CAN explain the tide going in and out by the tidal forces caused by the MOON!!

He could've SMOKED O'Reilly the Christnut!!

WHY oh WHY didn't the American Atheist president just say that??!??? What the hell??!?!????!????

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:He could've SMOKED O'Reily

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

Signature ? How ?


Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote: I'll look for the clip !

     I did'nt even look down any further,my bad,mellstead posted the whole show(thank you). and someone also posted it. (pay attention,Ken G.)

Signature ? How ?


lala
lala's picture
Posts: 6
Joined: 2011-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:       I

Ken G. wrote:

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

I agree. The look on Silverman's face is priceless.

 

 

 

 

 

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
lala wrote:Ken G.

lala wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

I agree. The look on Silverman's face is priceless.

 

 

I felt the same way. The tide goes in ?When I first heard O'Reilly say that, I was like WTF ?  How the hell does that prove Yahweh is up there pushing the tide back and forth ?

The look on his face when he was like "The tide goes in and out ?,". Almost like he was saying, I have heard some dumb arguments but this really caps it off.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Even stupider

 

Later in the interview when Silverman says he does'nt know why so many unbeliever (doubters) are in church, O'Reilly pounces on it like this proves his tidal point.

"You don't know, you don't know," he cries in delight.

This argument from complexity/ignorance based on no evidence is standard fare from more brainless christians who insist anything we can't explain proves some definite alternative reality for which no evidence exists.

And what's with the bullshit about 2 per cent atheists in the USA? Surely the entire country can't be godly, can it? I thought you have 15 or 20 per cent at least.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

Later in the interview when Silverman says he does'nt know why so many unbeliever (doubters) are in church, O'Reilly pounces on it like this proves his tidal point.

"You don't know, you don't know," he cries in delight.

This argument from complexity/ignorance based on no evidence is standard fare from more brainless christians who insist anything we can't explain proves some definite alternative reality for which no evidence exists.

And what's with the bullshit about 2 per cent atheists in the USA? Surely the entire country can't be godly, can it? I thought you have 15 or 20 per cent at least.

No f*ckin way about the 2 percent atheist.  Officially in America 78% say they are Christian but we just had the thread about people in America claim they're a lot more religious than they REALLY are. 

Church attendance is only at about 25% and out of those AT LEAST half are there only because they HAVE to be i.e. a family member is FORCING them to go.  Others are there for the social activities after the stupid boring mass and the food/drink.

So the truth is in America approximately 10% of the population is hardcore religious Christians, THAT'S IT!  The rest are wishy/washy and full of doubt!

 

 

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:lala

harleysportster wrote:

lala wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

I agree. The look on Silverman's face is priceless.

 

 

I felt the same way. The tide goes in ?When I first heard O'Reilly say that, I was like WTF ?  How the hell does that prove Yahweh is up there pushing the tide back and forth ?

The look on his face when he was like "The tide goes in and out ?,". Almost like he was saying, I have heard some dumb arguments but this really caps it off.

Below is what Silverman SHOULD'VE said!! For cryin out loud we learn this stuff in elementary school/junior high!! He could've DESTROYED O'Reilly if he simply told him this:

Tides are caused by the gravitational pull of the Sun and Moon on the Earth's surface. While most people associate tides specifically with the ocean, the entire planet is subject to tidal forces, as is the atmosphere, and in fact all celestial bodies are influenced by tidal forces. The large volume of water on the Earth has made the actions of the tides particularly notable and interesting. 

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-the-tides-work.htm

 

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:lala

harleysportster wrote:

lala wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

I agree. The look on Silverman's face is priceless.

 

 

I felt the same way. The tide goes in ?When I first heard O'Reilly say that, I was like WTF ?  How the hell does that prove Yahweh is up there pushing the tide back and forth ?

The look on his face when he was like "The tide goes in and out ?,". Almost like he was saying, I have heard some dumb arguments but this really caps it off.

Below is what Silverman SHOULD'VE said!! For cryin out loud we learn this stuff in elementary school/junior high!! He could've DESTROYED O'Reilly if he simply told him this:

Tides are caused by the gravitational pull of the Sun and Moon on the Earth's surface. While most people associate tides specifically with the ocean, the entire planet is subject to tidal forces, as is the atmosphere, and in fact all celestial bodies are influenced by tidal forces. The large volume of water on the Earth has made the actions of the tides particularly notable and interesting. 

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-the-tides-work.htm

 

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13823
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

lala wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

I agree. The look on Silverman's face is priceless.

 

 

I felt the same way. The tide goes in ?When I first heard O'Reilly say that, I was like WTF ?  How the hell does that prove Yahweh is up there pushing the tide back and forth ?

The look on his face when he was like "The tide goes in and out ?,". Almost like he was saying, I have heard some dumb arguments but this really caps it off.

Below is what Silverman SHOULD'VE said!! For cryin out loud we learn this stuff in elementary school/junior high!! He could've DESTROYED O'Reilly if he simply told him this:

Tides are caused by the gravitational pull of the Sun and Moon on the Earth's surface. While most people associate tides specifically with the ocean, the entire planet is subject to tidal forces, as is the atmosphere, and in fact all celestial bodies are influenced by tidal forces. The large volume of water on the Earth has made the actions of the tides particularly notable and interesting. 

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-the-tides-work.htm

 

You missed my point earlier. Don't get too upset over this. First off shows like this have hosts trained to be ringmasters and they are not going to give the guest any real time to make a point. Their goal is to set you up.

But the bigger point you seem to miss is that the fans of shows like this will ignore science. So the better approach would be to say, "Would you buy your own argument if a Muslim said, "The tide goes in, the tide goes out, therefore Allah exists".

Only after that, can you say, the gravity of the moon is the universal evidence we all accept and it does not point to one god over another.

NEVER expect any circus show like this to be a real formal debate. I thing David did quite well and considering the time he had to make his point, he did a great job. And it doesn't matter if you win this one battle, the important thing is that it brings science and atheism out in the open more and more. THAT goal is worth going through any petty sideshow O crappy wants to set up.

Not to mention BOTH Olberman and Cobert jumped all over O'Reilly the next day.

Dont worry about "gotcha" media, the bigger goal is to bring attention to science and reality. Cheap stunts get figured out over time.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:considering the time that he had to make his point

      Exactly,given his time,he did pretty well,in my opinion. Concision is the name that all media use.   en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concision. He'll be back. I hope.

 

Signature ? How ?


funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
Posts: 157
Joined: 2007-12-10
User is offlineOffline
lala wrote:Ken G.

lala wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

I agree. The look on Silverman's face is priceless.

Yeah you have to consider how stupid that is and the shock of such stupidity in front of you kind of paralyzes you for a second. It's like a poisonous snake bite of ignorance! My question if any one would care to answer is do you think it's all a play or a performance or does Bill O really believe what he is saying? " The Colbert run down of the situation was priceless! Colbert is as close to god as you can  get.


marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
Posts: 676
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:lala

harleysportster wrote:
lala wrote:
Ken G. wrote:

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

I agree. The look on Silverman's face is priceless.

"The tide goes in and out ?,". Almost like he was saying, I have heard some dumb arguments but this really caps it off.

It's unfortunately true. The most ridiculous arguments are sometimes the most difficult to deal with. This is even more true when, as someone mentioned earlier, the person who says the argument is an argument master. Note that O'Moron is not a debate expert, but an argument expert. I find his show painful not so much because he is an idiot but because his bias and bullying method is so offensive.

And Colbert schoooooooooled him.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 Yah, I have to go with the

 Yah, I have to go with the idea that O'Rilley shot him self in the foot. Of course, in his world, he has elevated foot shooting to an art form. The only thing being that Silverman brought a pea shooter and it was not even pointed in the right general direction.

 

Seriously, if you are going to go on a modern TV show, then you should be prepared for what you are going into. Sadly enough, this would involve watching a few episodes of the show but even so, it is what has to be done.

 

In all honesty, Michael Behe turns up on TV all the time and he seems to be ready to take on all challengers. As a community, we need to be able to do the same. It should not be that hard to be able to deal with some challenge when the deal is scheduled weeks in advance.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
David Silverman just set the

David Silverman just set the atheist model for how to talk to the right wing media.  I hope anyone who will have the same opportunity will pay close attention to how it should be done. 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 What? By being unprepared

 What? By being unprepared and not having an answer to stupid crap?

 

Seriously, pull the Colbert clip up. He says that he can't explain the tides. Then Niel Degrasse Tyson shows up and says “I can explain the tides”

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
The Colbert ReportMon -
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Bill O'Reilly Proves God's Existence - Neil deGrasse Tyson
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire Blog</a>Video Archive

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 OK, here is how to pwn

 OK, here is how to pwn O'Reily:

 

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Mike W (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I think that Bill might have

I think that Bill might have been trying to lure him with that Moon comment saying that God created the moon, therefore it doesn't prove anything. That wouldn't have just ended up a circular argument with Bill wasting time.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
He is not all that hard to

He is not all that hard to pwn.

 

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7530
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

 What? By being unprepared and not having an answer to stupid crap?

Are you objecting to Dave not responding to how the tides work?

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
Posts: 970
Joined: 2010-10-16
User is offlineOffline
funknotik wrote:lala

funknotik wrote:

lala wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

       I think that he was so stuned by the stupidity of O'Reily.

I agree. The look on Silverman's face is priceless.

Yeah you have to consider how stupid that is and the shock of such stupidity in front of you kind of paralyzes you for a second. It's like a poisonous snake bite of ignorance! My question if any one would care to answer is do you think it's all a play or a performance or does Bill O really believe what he is saying? " The Colbert run down of the situation was priceless! Colbert is as close to god as you can  get.

That's it, exactly! I had a face-to-face with someone who said the same thing: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/27606

I think my jaw actually dropped in shock. I also realized at that moment that any scientific explanation would be a waste of time.

 

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

He is not all that hard to pwn.

 

That was a pretty cool interview with Marylin Manson, I used to listen to him back in the day, I didn't realize he was trying to rationalize his art.  Ironically if I'd known at the time he wouldn't have seen that cool.  I used to think people not giving a shit about anything and being overall nihilistic were cool.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene...wrote: cool interview with Marylin Manson

    Yes it was, I only wish that the people that criticize people like him,would take the time to listen to other people's opinion of the world around them. He seems like a intelligent human-being.    rock on !!!

Signature ? How ?


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Poor Bill.I had no idea that

Poor Bill.

I had no idea that no one cared about him.

I mean, who would allow him to keep making a complete fool of himself by continually repeating things on television like "Tide goes in, tide goes out....Sun comes up, sun goes down, never any miscommunication....".

Obviously, he is either too stupid to understand how completely vapid his pontifications are, or........he really believes that the IQ of his audience is so much lower than his, as to find great wisdom in his drivel.

What a pathetic display.

How do people actually work for this guy? You couldn't pay me enough money to work day in, day out with such a moron.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
 Sapient wrote:   Answers

 

Sapient wrote:

 

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:
What? By being unprepared and not having an answer to stupid crap?

 

Are you objecting to Dave not responding to how the tides work?

 

Partially. We have seen from the clips, that Bill uses that argument over and over. It should not have been hard to anticipate and have a response for. However, the whole interview was Bill throwing batshit crazy arguments at him over and over and the best that Dave could do was choke out some bit about Thor that Bill steam rolled over.

 

Really, at one point, Bill threw out the idea that atheists are a mere 1% of the population. I would tend to think that Dave would have been aware of the real numbers that are out there. However, instead of trying to counter that, he let Bill continue by saying that 1% of the people are insulting 80%. Um, where did the remaining 19% go?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


rebecca.williamson
atheist
Posts: 459
Joined: 2010-08-09
User is offlineOffline
  Bill really rakes my

  Bill really rakes my nerves. He's such a smart ass that I wanna punch him in the mouth. (You are a moron Bill!!) Anyway, watch some bat shit loony christian vandalize that billboard. I'm sure Bill won't consider that an insult

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.


rebecca.williamson
atheist
Posts: 459
Joined: 2010-08-09
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

He is not all that hard to pwn.

 

 

 

 

I woulda laughed my ass off if Manson hopped over the table and bent Bill over lol. Funny thing tho, I'm not really a Manson fan at all but he did seem way smarter than Bill.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.


marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
Posts: 676
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
Manson

rebecca.williamson wrote:
 I'm not really a Manson fan at all but he did seem way smarter than Bill.

One of my favorite clips is that Manson interview. He quietly and honestly hands O'Reilly his ass. He didn't go after the idiot, he just answered his questions with absolute honesty and that was more than enough to completely destroy every weak and hateful attack O'Reilly dished out.

It was beautiful in its simplicity.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13823
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Sexual harassment goes out,

Sexual harassment goes out, lawsuit comes in, always a jackass.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


rebecca.williamson
atheist
Posts: 459
Joined: 2010-08-09
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish

marcusfish wrote:

rebecca.williamson wrote:
 I'm not really a Manson fan at all but he did seem way smarter than Bill.

One of my favorite clips is that Manson interview. He quietly and honestly hands O'Reilly his ass. He didn't go after the idiot, he just answered his questions with absolute honesty and that was more than enough to completely destroy every weak and hateful attack O'Reilly dished out.

It was beautiful in its simplicity.

 

Yeah, that was pretty good. He made him look like the ass he is and very immature.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson wrote: 

rebecca.williamson wrote:

  Bill really rakes my nerves. He's such a smart ass that I wanna punch him in the mouth. (You are a moron Bill!!) Anyway, watch some bat shit loony christian vandalize that billboard. I'm sure Bill won't consider that an insult

That's an insult to all other smartasses... like me for example!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


rebecca.williamson
atheist
Posts: 459
Joined: 2010-08-09
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

Kapkao wrote:

rebecca.williamson wrote:

  Bill really rakes my nerves. He's such a smart ass that I wanna punch him in the mouth. (You are a moron Bill!!) Anyway, watch some bat shit loony christian vandalize that billboard. I'm sure Bill won't consider that an insult

That's an insult to all other smartasses... like me for example!

 

Eh, I don't care. I'm a smart ass too. Just on the opposite side.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson

rebecca.williamson wrote:

marcusfish wrote:

rebecca.williamson wrote:
 I'm not really a Manson fan at all but he did seem way smarter than Bill.

One of my favorite clips is that Manson interview. He quietly and honestly hands O'Reilly his ass. He didn't go after the idiot, he just answered his questions with absolute honesty and that was more than enough to completely destroy every weak and hateful attack O'Reilly dished out.

It was beautiful in its simplicity.

 

Yeah, that was pretty good. He made him look like the ass he is and very immature.

I don't know about that, Bill seemed to be asking valid questions to me. Sure manson answered them well for the most part. But the whole thing seemed rather neutral from Bills end. It didn't come across as attacking manson to me. It more looked like he was just giving Manson time to justify things which people may be confused about.  Maybe i'm just socially retarded but it just didn't come across as anyone handing anyone their ass. Just questions and answers, nothing more.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
He didn't f**k with Manson,

He didn't f**k with Manson, because it's well known that Manson is no fool, and doesn't suffer fools gladly. Manson is quite thoughtful, and is sharp. He would have easily made Bill look like a total boob, if Bill went at him hard.

Manson gave Bill a taste of that, when Bill asked if his music might actually inspire someone to commit suicide, or about whether or not kids might try and emulate his alleged 'sex act' on a man.

Manson is an artist. Simple as that.

Bill is 'projecting' that Manson should be conscious of what 'influence' his 'art' might have on people, and Manson will have none of that thrust upon him.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


rebecca.williamson
atheist
Posts: 459
Joined: 2010-08-09
User is offlineOffline
Tapey

Tapey wrote:

rebecca.williamson wrote:

marcusfish wrote:

rebecca.williamson wrote:
 I'm not really a Manson fan at all but he did seem way smarter than Bill.

One of my favorite clips is that Manson interview. He quietly and honestly hands O'Reilly his ass. He didn't go after the idiot, he just answered his questions with absolute honesty and that was more than enough to completely destroy every weak and hateful attack O'Reilly dished out.

It was beautiful in its simplicity.

 

Yeah, that was pretty good. He made him look like the ass he is and very immature.

I don't know about that, Bill seemed to be asking valid questions to me. Sure manson answered them well for the most part. But the whole thing seemed rather neutral from Bills end. It didn't come across as attacking manson to me. It more looked like he was just giving Manson time to justify things which people may be confused about.  Maybe i'm just socially retarded but it just didn't come across as anyone handing anyone their ass. Just questions and answers, nothing more.

 

Bill may ask valid questions. The problem is he doesn't except the answers he gets if he doesn't agree with them. He is a dumb ass and though I'm not a Manson fan, he's actually a pretty smart guy. He did mention as well he started out as a journalist and he in fact did ( I'm huge into music so I research everything about musicians). On the other hand Bill has a job to do and that is to "try' to make people look dumb. He does it all the time or at least tries to. He does the same song and game with everyone from Bill Maher to republican christians, which is what I have heard Bill say he is. He's really not as smart as he portrays himself to be. He gets a script to read just like an actor or actress.The flip side is that he gets educated people on his show and tries to tear them apart. Hence making himself look like the ass and he does a pretty good job of it quite a bit.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
My favorite Manson

My favorite Manson quote:

 

Interviewer:  Some poeple blame you for some kids becoming violent listening to your music.

Manson:  That's like blaming Third Eye Blind for making some kids boring.


Pitbults (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
2:02

 2:02 

face worth 10000 explanations!


Physboy
agnostic deistTheist
Physboy's picture
Posts: 19
Joined: 2007-08-04
User is offlineOffline
Plea For Humanity

I can think of no worse of an assault on humankind than to proliferate miss-information, second only to KNOWINGLY proliferate miss-information.  There is no cause worthy of this criminal commission against humanity being practiced.

 

Bill, PLEASE seek the help that is needed for you to understand, and refrain from the commission of this heinous act that you, and the institution you represent so callously practice on a DAILY BASIS.

 

People should not have to continue to die as a result of your, or anyone else's out of control Cognitive Dissonance!

 

Thanks

Challenge your perspectives with the truth.


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Physboy wrote:I can think of

Physboy wrote:

I can think of no worse of an assault on humankind than to proliferate miss-information, second only to KNOWINGLY proliferate miss-information.  There is no cause worthy of this criminal commission against humanity being practiced.

 

Bill, PLEASE seek the help that is needed for you to understand, and refrain from the commission of this heinous act that you, and the institution you represent so callously practice on a DAILY BASIS.

What you're trying to say is O'Reilly is a brainless idiot for not knowing how tides work and even more moronic for trying to make some stupid supernatural conncection between a mythical Arab god, Jesus, and the tides.

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com