Fundamentalist Christians: Even Stupider Than We Thought

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fundamentalist Christians: Even Stupider Than We Thought

Kentucky Creationist Museum Will Feature Dragons, Unicorns

By Max Fisher | December 29, 2010 9:01am Kentucky Creationist Museum Will Feature Dragons, Unicorns Presented By Click here to find out more!

Kentucky's state-backed $150 million creationist theme park, The Ark Encounter, will allow visitors to explore a literal interpretation of the Bible's story of Noah and the ark. But pseudonymous liberal Kentucky blogger Media Czech raises two important questions about that interpretation and how it will be manifest in theme park form. First, were there dinosaurs on the original ark? Second, what about unicorns?

Now, the blogger has found answers to both questions at Answers In Genesis, the official blog of the group behind The Ark Encounter. The group says "yes," to both, which implies that their creationist theme park will include dinosaurs and unicorns on the Ark. Here's Answers In Genesis explaining why dinosaurs were on the Ark, although the group prefers to call them "dragons":
Being land animals, dinosaurs (or dragons of the land) were created on Day Six (Genesis 1:24–31), went aboard Noah’s Ark (Genesis 6:20), and then came off the Ark into the post-Flood world (Genesis 8:16–19). It makes sense that many cultures would have seen these creatures from time to time before they died out.
And here's their position on Biblical unicorns:
The biblical unicorn was a real animal, not an imaginary creature. ... The absence of a unicorn in the modern world should not cause us to doubt its past existence. (Think of the dodo bird. It does not exist today, but we do not doubt that it existed in the past.). ... To think of the biblical unicorn as a fantasy animal is to demean God’s Word, which is true in every detail.
The Kentucky blogger fumes:
Kentucky will now be known as the state whose governor endorsed and gave $40 million in tax breaks to people who want to tell children that science and history explain that a 600 year old man herded dinosaurs, fire-breathing dragons and unicorns onto a big boat 4,000 years ago.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Wow.  Not only do they

Wow.  Not only do they follow their religion blindly, they pick a literal translation of a shitty copy that makes them look as stupid as humanly possible.  Excellent.

I know it's funny, but I feel horrible for the kids that grow up like this.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yeah - funnily tho'

I don't have much sympathy for those who swallow it whole. They're quite happy to go through life mentally impaired and death to the infidel. It's the doubters I feel for.

Sometimes I wonder if brimstone christians have a fundamental issue with empathy. The entire universe is all about them spooning with that sandelled wanker, jesus. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Yea, I guess...but I don't

Yea, I guess...but I don't think people have much of a chance if they are not taught how to reason at a young age.  I feel the same way about kids that grow up in racist or abusive households...sure, they can change, but real psychology isn't about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps.

But I'm feeling melencholy.  Let's just focus on how stupid they are.  I went to the website, you can buy a peg or plank for the ark for as low as $100!  Currently they're at $800k out of $25,000,000!  The whole thing is probably a scam anyway, that 800k is probably being worked spent on coke and pussy as we speak.  But it is Jesus coke and Jesus pussy, so everything is alright.  And hey, tax free!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

connerman
atheist
connerman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dino and the Ark

What do you feed a Tyranosaurus Rex for 40 days on an ark? Sorry 2 T-Rex's.

Why wasn't every animal on earth a bunch of inbred mutants a year after the flood?

What about all the trees? Did they they hold their CO 2 breath for forty days?

Where did all the extra water come from? Where did it go?

What's a cubit?

Understanding that there is no purpose in the Universe frees us all to find one.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I agree Conner

And what the fuck's 'gopherwood' while we're talking about it...and why only one window 18 inches square to ventilate all those methane bubbling bovines.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
No, you're right.

mellestad wrote:

Yea, I guess...but I don't think people have much of a chance if they are not taught how to reason at a young age.  I feel the same way about kids that grow up in racist or abusive households...sure, they can change, but real psychology isn't about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps.

But I'm feeling melencholy.  Let's just focus on how stupid they are.  I went to the website, you can buy a peg or plank for the ark for as low as $100!  Currently they're at $800k out of $25,000,000!  The whole thing is probably a scam anyway, that 800k is probably being worked spent on coke and pussy as we speak.  But it is Jesus coke and Jesus pussy, so everything is alright.  And hey, tax free!

I feel sort of sorry for them. It's just that once they've swallowed the bullshit they are so concerned with their own eternal life that they lose all moral consistency. Murder is among the worst of sins, but not for god.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
connerman wrote:What do you

connerman wrote:

Why wasn't every animal on earth a bunch of inbred mutants a year after the flood?

What's a cubit?

My interpretation is that all the fundamentalists did indeed take a trip on a localized flooded puddle in a wooden boat, and then have all derived from one couple.  The inbreeding explains their reduced mental capacity and amazing aquatic ability due to their webbed toes.  Also most moved down south and continue the practice by literally loving one's sister and brother, thus ensuring both the passage and enhancement of the above mentioned aquatic ability.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:connerman

Ktulu wrote:

connerman wrote:

What's a cubit?

My interpretation is that all the fundamentalists did indeed take a trip on a localized flooded puddle in a wooden boat, and then have all derived from one couple.  The inbreeding explains their reduced mental capacity and amazing aquatic ability due to their webbed toes.  Also most moved down south and continue the practice by literally loving one's sister and brother, thus ensuring both the passage and enhancement of the above mentioned aquatic ability.

LOL. Good one.

They don't like it when you  bring up myths like the Epic of Gilgamesh and it's similiarities either.

A lengthy read, but a pretty good refuting of Noah's Ark can be found here :

http://www.angelfire.com/nm/amendm/arkmyth.html

And of course, for sheer slapstick entertainment of how ridiculous the whole argument is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I225Vcs3X0g

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno