Merry X-max. Lovely X-tian song.

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Merry X-max. Lovely X-tian song.

Probably, this song is already well known on this forum and received some attention before, but I've just discovered it to myself and it sounds ... well, timely.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d3c_1229133179

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow. Is that for real? I

Wow. Is that for real? I mean, the song, not Santa. Are those folks Christian fundies with their theology and history messed up more than usual or it is just a case of Poe?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Wow. Is that

Luminon wrote:

Wow. Is that for real? I mean, the song, not Santa. Are those folks Christian fundies with their theology and history messed up more than usual or it is just a case of Poe?

Unfortunately, yes, it is real.  It is Westboro Baptist Church with its god hates fags agenda. 

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Surprising

that nothing bad has happened to this church. If you went around with this attitude and with the protests at soldiers' funerals in Oz, I just can't imagine people letting it go.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

that nothing bad has happened to this church. If you went around with this attitude and with the protests at soldiers' funerals in Oz, I just can't imagine people letting it go.

I know that a group of bikers called the Patriot Guard  bring alot of huge American flags and posters to hide the presence of the Westboro Baptists from the family members attending the funerals. A couple of times, when the Westboro people are on the highways shouting their slogans, alot of the Guard will park their bikes nearby and try to make as much noise as possible to drown them out. As far as physical violence, Westboro surrounds  themselves with a heavy police presence and sues anyone that even comes remotely close to them.

Fred Phelps and his daughter are prominent lawyers and have sued alot of people for  coming near their rallies or property and have won monetary awards. They carefully hide behind the legal system to push their agenda.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Tadgh
atheist
Tadgh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well...

at least their singing has improved with decades of practice.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awwww, the little kids look

Awwww, the little kids look so cute holding Fag Xmas Doggy Style signs.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare