"All loving/all powerful" contradicted once again in FLA city council shooting.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
"All loving/all powerful" contradicted once again in FLA city council shooting.

Fortunately no one but the nutcase died. The video I am sure is all over the net.

A disturbed man came into a city council meeting with a gun mad about his wife being fired as a teacher. One brave and stupid lady, tried to knock the gun out of his hands with her purse. She failed and it could have gotten her killed, all be it understandable because she wanted to save her friends.

No one died but the nutcase. Of course the god speak popped up in subsequent interviews, "God intervened" and crap like that.

REALLY? None of why you survived had anything to do with the shooter's bad aim, or deliberate aim missing everyone? None of it had to do with the quick response of the off duty police officer who got his gun and finally shot the asshole. No "god did it".

If you are willing to thank this alleged god for your survival, then you should be consistent and blame him for not preventing it in the first place. So you(meaning the unfortunate victims) like the fact god allowed you to be scared shitless and be shot at needlessly? Why? So you could kiss his ass for the fear you felt?

I wouldn't hire this alleged super hero to scoop up my dog's shit. What a fucking deadbeat.

How about this guys. I am glad you survived. But there was no magic camera in the sky allowing this or intervening in it. It happened. I am sure it was scary and would scare the shit out of me too if I had been there. But to claim it was more than a a nut shooting a gun and that a magic super hero saved you from this nut, is bullshit.

Where was your alleged super hero before this nut walked in when he was thinking and planning this?

This alleged god cannot be called "all loving" or "all powerful". It could only be called inept, or a cruel monster, if one were to assume it's existence for argument's sake only.

This is nothing but people, rightfully scared, coping with a real trauma with a superstition.

We are glad you survived, but you had no magical help from above.

You want me to thank this alleged being for his help? NO THANKS, with "help" like that, who needs enemies.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Heh, yea no kidding

Heh, yea no kidding right?

One of the quotes from the CNN article I read had one of them saying Jesus put his hand down to stop those bullets.  I think Jesus should have, 'put his hand down' a *smidge* earlier in the process.

And not only that, it is the height of hubris to think Jesus saved *you* but none of the other 15,000 people who were murdered that year.  They must not have prayed hard enough.  Oh, wait, it is all part of God's plan, riiiiight.

---------------------------------

On of my cousins and best friends was killed in a school shooting in the early 90's.  You know what God's plan seemed to be?  A broken family split up over a continent and a father who blew his brains out while kneeling on the grave of his son.  Awesome work Jesus!

I had another cousin who was going to kill himself and his little sister walked in on him.  So what was God's plan?  Apparently it was for the psycho to murder his little sister and his mom before finishing the job he had started on himself.  Way to go YHWH!

But it is all OK, because one day the bi-polar deity altered the course of fate and time to save some jack-off at a PTA meeting in Florida by making sure the poor mentally diseased bastard doing the shooting was so emotionally distraught he couldn't shoot straight, and made sure *he* died a horrible death.  Praise Jesus!

I don't think the problem of evil is a solid rational basis for atheism, but it sure doesn't hurt at an emotional level.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Heh, yea no

mellestad wrote:

Heh, yea no kidding right?

One of the quotes from the CNN article I read had one of them saying Jesus put his hand down to stop those bullets.  I think Jesus should have, 'put his hand down' a *smidge* earlier in the process.

And not only that, it is the height of hubris to think Jesus saved *you* but none of the other 15,000 people who were murdered that year.  They must not have prayed hard enough.  Oh, wait, it is all part of God's plan, riiiiight.

On of my cousins and best friends was killed in a school shooting in the early 90's.  You know what God's plan seemed to be?  A broken family split up over a continent and a father who blew his brains out while kneeling on the grave of his son.  Awesome work Jesus!

I had another cousin who was going to kill himself and his little sister walked in on him.  So what was God's plan?  Apparently it was for the psycho to murder his little sister and his mom before finishing the job he had started on himself.  Way to go YHWH!

But it is all OK, because one day the bi-polar deity altered the course of fate and time to save some jack-off at a PTA meeting in Florida by making sure the poor mentally diseased bastard doing the shooting was so emotionally distraught he couldn't shoot straight, and made sure *he* died a horrible death.  Praise Jesus!

I don't think the problem of evil is a solid rational basis for atheism, but it sure doesn't hurt at an emotional level.

The "God's Plan" crap is just a mental ploy to trick naive sheeple into believing some god is at work while in reality it's just the con men who are selling the story.

It's like  during Hurricane Katrina when over a THOUSAND people died there were people saying "Jesus saved them" when they were rescued from rooftops.  WHERE THE HELL was he for the other 1000+ people??  Didn't the helicopter and pilot have a little something to do with it??

If this was 2000 years ago you would've all died despite all the praying to Jesus since they would've had no helicopters to come and get you!!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
TOTALLY agree Brian.... The

TOTALLY agree Brian....

The Christian slant was nausiating... But what really made me sick was how cavalier they were afterwards even though a life had been lost... They had absolutely NO empathy or compasion for this poor, derranged lunatic.... He COULD have killed them all if he really wanted to, IMHO.. especially that dumb broad who hit him with her purse who was making jokes in a chineese accent afterewards... My day would be much happier had she taked a hollow point to the forehead.

Nor did any of these self-imprtant dullards stop to consider all of the the innocent people who were being shot to death all over the world... whose lives were cut short because the lord guided a bullet through a vital organ... as they stood in front of the cameras basking in their glory.

Yep... I guess god needed a few more african rape victims who fight back against their oppressors, and he could hold off on the ego-maniacal southern dipshits for a while longer...

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:TOTALLY

Rich Woods wrote:

TOTALLY agree Brian....

The Christian slant was nausiating... But what really made me sick was how cavalier they were afterwards even though a life had been lost... They had absolutely NO empathy or compasion for this poor, derranged lunatic.... He COULD have killed them all if he really wanted to, IMHO.

Don't fall for all that evolutionist psycho-babble Rich, he was *evil*.

I really am glad more life wasn't lost, but the attitude was sickening.  Now, of course the media will go for the most sensational quotes, so I'm sure there were some of them who knew they just got lucky and we'll never hear from them.

Also, I'll give the lady praise for courage, but wow, that was a stupid thing to do. "I came back into the room and tried to hit him with my purse.  He knocked me down and pointed the gun at my head but then let me go."  If she had died she'd be a shoe in for the Darwin awards.  Ladies, if you read this: Unless you are fresh from the Green Berets, don't do what she did.

----------------

Regardless, there were three entities responsible for the low loss of life.  In order of importance: 1) The shooter, because he obviously didn't want to kill a bunch of people. 2) The guard, who shot him and caused him to off himself 3) The level headed PTA member who tried to reason with him and helped keep him calm.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
It always sickens me

It always sickens me when people try to credit god for some positive aspect of a tragedy.

Kind of like when you hear about an airplane crashing and everyone on board is killed except one person. The people will say "God was watching over that person". Which always makes me want to reply "So god did not give a shit about the other people ?,".

This type of thinking, is another part of Christianity that irks me to no end. In the back of their preachy talking, they are really saying : God Loves Everyone. But he Loves some of us MORE than the others.

I wonder what these people would have to say to the families that lost people in 9/11 ? Would they just sigh and say their sorry and use the old cop out line of "God works in mysterious ways" for the pain of others ? , All the while, they are secretly  believing that god values THEIR  own personal pain MORE  than the pain of others ? There reasoning is, they got spared so they must be special. Very irritating.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote: I

harleysportster wrote:

I wonder what these people would have to say to the families that lost people in 9/11 ? Would they just sigh and say their sorry and use the old cop out line of "God works in mysterious ways" for the pain of others ? , All the while, they are secretly  believing that god values THEIR  own personal pain MORE  than the pain of others ? There reasoning is, they got spared so they must be special. Very irritating.

It'll please you to know that after 9/11 I know some of the victims' families left god and never looked back.  Also one of the BTK killer's victims was VERY religious but after his entire family was killed by BTK he said he lost god that day and said there is no way there could be a god!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com