Republicans bitch about working at Christmas time.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Republicans bitch about working at Christmas time.

Here is what ticks me off, they wouldn't actually be working Christmas day. But even the Dems were saying "We understand the importance of Christmas day".

Hey DIPSHITS on both sides, there will be people such as cops and fire fighters that WILL work on Christmas day and even plenty of private business's that will be open on Christmas day.

GROW THE FUCK UP, if the middle and poor classes are willing to work on Christmas day and our soldiers will be on duty Christmas day, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

My business wont be open Christmas day, but I am sure on my way to visit my mom, I will be going into an open private business such as a gas station on my way there. AND WHAT A SHOCK, there will be poorly paid hard working nurses at her retirement home who will work Christmas day.

Blue laws are stupid, much less practical to enforce. But for you rich whiny snots to complain about having to work on Christmas day, tell that to the middle class and poor and cops and police who will. And YOU won't work Christmas day in either case, even if you only get that day off.

You idiots get more time off than most people. I don't get a paid vacation and if we were open I am sure I would be expected to work.

CONGRESS, BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT, GET MY BOO HOO CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER AWARD.

The earth wont stop turning if you only get that day off and it wouldn't stop turning even if you did work on that day.

YOU FUCKING CRYBABIES!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Personally, I would prefer

Personally, I would prefer if they all go home for Christmas and stay there. Every day these jokers "work" they spend a few hundred billion dollars that you and me have to pay for.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Personally, I would prefer if they all go home for Christmas and stay there. Every day these jokers "work" they spend a few hundred billion dollars that you and me have to pay for.

You are probably paying far more, cumulatively, toward the over-remuneration of the top brass of every big corporation that produces the goods and services you buy every day.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Beyond

BobSpence1 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

You are probably paying far more, cumulatively, toward the over-remuneration of the top brass of every big corporation that produces the goods and services you buy every day.

Maybe. I suspect that if one went through the effort to calculate the amount of excise taxes, sales taxes and embedded taxes combined with my income tax I probably pay over 50% of my income in taxes so I give far less to corporations. However, even if your assertion were true, no corporation has never taken money from me without me voluntarily giving it to them (except for the ones who team up with government to do so) and I directly get something that I believe is worth the price from any corporation I am purchasing from.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You F<>king Crybabies

I think that if thier income was affect by the xmas holidays,like no work ,no pay they would quickly abolish the holiday season.What kind of so-called leaders are these people anyway,that's why I'm a anarchist-No Gods-No Masters is my slogan.

Signature ? How ?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:  I think that

Ken G. wrote:

I think that if thier income was affect by the xmas holidays,like no work ,no pay they would quickly abolish the holiday season.What kind of so-called leaders are these people anyway,that's why I'm a anarchist-No Gods-No Masters is my slogan.

"Anarchy" is as silly a utopia and the other side of the North Korea coin. Laws are going to exist because humans have to have ways to come to agreement and order.

Otherwise I could rob your house and murder you and get away with it if I have more resources than you.

It isn't a matter of either or. No government is as bad as an oppressive government. The issue is effective government and least intrusive,

Humans will always conflict as to how about going to do things, government is the way to solve those issues without bloodshed.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Ken G.

Brian37 wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

The issue is effective government and least intrusive,

I agree that I think the least intrusive government would be the way to go. I personally think that people would enjoy a whole lot more freedom if alot of these faith-based initiatives, victimless crimes, and archaic intrusive morality type laws were relegated to the history books where they belong. Let the government worry about protecting the innocent from harm, fighting the fires, defense of the nation, keeping up the maintenance of the highways and leave a whole lot more room for people to do what they wish.

Although I have to admit, No Gods-No Masters is a great sounding slogan. I am going to use it when it applies to people like the Pope, the televangelists, the preachers and the churches when they wish to impose their will on everyone else.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, on the basic topic, I

Well, on the basic topic, I am a conservative republican and I will be working on Christmas day. I have done so for several years. There is a certain logic here.

Both of my parents are dead. My brother has to spend the day with his inlaws. I don't deal with my inlaws because they are probably more fucked up than my family ever was (I don't know how that is possible but it is a fact).

Anyway, I have two ways that I can go on this. I can spend the day doing general stuff that I would be doing anyway. Or I can spend the day with people whom I know and care about.

Such fails to be a replacement for family but it is damned better than spending the day playing computer games.

BobSpence1 wrote:

Well, you get no BS from me on this. I am given to know (I don't have a source but whatever...) that the main guy in charge of Nike athletic gear has like two dozen apartments around the world, all so that he never has to stay in a hotel when he needs to have a business meeting.

That and I hear that he has a hardon for hand woven Indian carpets that he hangs on the walls of the many places that he does not live in.

Try buying one for yourself. A place near me had a going out of business sale a few years ago and they were saying that they had stuff at 80% off retail. When I tried to buy one, I was told that it would cost USD $3,000. I asked about the discount only to be told “These are hand made rugs” which I think to be a term that means the guy who made it was paid a minimal living wage for the nation of India. Probably he spent several days making the thing and got paid a couple of bucks for his effort. Heck, all of that work might have bought his family a couple of loaves of bread.

Beyond Saving wrote:

Correct. I can buy a USD $30 pair of keds and be just a comfortable as if I spent USD $150 for a pair of nike sneakers. However, the CEO of whomever makes keds does not have USD $50,000 worth of wall hangings per apartment that he will probably not actually enter in this year or the next.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: "Anarchy" is a silly utopia

Well,for starters "anarchism" belongs to no one.It's understandable how most peoples see anarchism as a silly notion,but they short change themselves.Anarchism is a formless,utopian,but then again so are all major power systems,like Stalinism,Fascism,and western liberalism,that all combined to condemn & destroy the anarchist revolution in Spain (1936) as was the way capitalist saw a threat to thier own utopian.Anarchism (I think) was part of the Enlightment (no more kings or queens-they where seen as tyrants-which they are) it can also be traced back in interesting ways to the Scientific Revolution in the 17th century,in order to truly understand anarchism read -  www.chomsky.info/interviews/19961223.htm . The power structures that surronds us today,do not legitamize thier institutions,but in a anarchist society all institutions have to ligetimize thier power,Rudolf Rocker is another good source for anarchist thought.

Signature ? How ?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:      

Ken G. wrote:

Well,for starters "anarchism" belongs to no one.It's understandable how most peoples see anarchism as a silly notion,but they short change themselves.Anarchism is a formless,utopian,but then again so are all major power systems,like Stalinism,Fascism,and western liberalism,that all combined to condemn & destroy the anarchist revolution in Spain (1936) as was the way capitalist saw a threat to thier own utopian.Anarchism (I think) was part of the Enlightment (no more kings or queens-they where seen as tyrants-which they are) it can also be traced back in interesting ways to the Scientific Revolution in the 17th century,in order to truly understand anarchism read -  www.chomsky.info/interviews/19961223.htm . The power structures that surronds us today,do not legitamize thier institutions,but in a anarchist society all institutions have to ligetimize thier power,Rudolf Rocker is another good source for anarchist thought.

Interesting link. I had never heard it put quite like that before.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
No human can reach a dictate

No human can reach a dictate without oppressing others, Everything sounds good in one's own mind but turns to crap when projected on others. The best humans can do when they think they have it right is to lead, not beat or silence.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can think of at least

I can think of at least three sources of waste in the private sector.

1. Over-payment of top executives, due to competitive forces chasing  the perceived 'best' people.

2. The standard over-charging allowed for companies in a monopolistic position, often reinforced by natural or artificial barriers to entry.

3. A highly competitive market typically leads to much unnecessary expenditure on advertising, way beyond what is necessary to inform the customer.

The advertising industry is a massive sink-hole of resources, as it goes way beyond its justification, into selling to companies the 'need' for even more advertising.

Note, competitive forces do not always work in favour of the end-user, and the end-user does not necessarily have a real choice in purchasing decisions to register a 'vote' against such practises.

Also some of the over spending by government is due to mutual corruption involving manipulated contracting procedures with private enterprise.

So don't give me this simplistic libertarian BS about Govt bad, Business good.

Any group in a position of power, govt or private, is gonna be tempted into exploitation of that position sooner or later.

At least government in the 'West' has to nominally answer to the electorate, whereas multinationals can play whole govts off against each other.

The 'natural state' of a society, from our evolutionary past, is for a dominant power-seeking group to eventually emerge and control society.

So the irony is that it requires a government of some kind, consciously set up with checks and balances, as envisaged by your founders, to prevent society devolving toward either a Somalia or a North Korea, or a Theocracy as in Iran, and so assure a manageable level of freedom and prosperity for as many as possible of the citizens, not just the robber-barons or dictator cliques.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:I can think

BobSpence1 wrote:

I can think of at least three sources of waste in the private sector.

1. Over-payment of top executives, due to competitive forces chasing  the perceived 'best' people.

Who cares? Your not paying them unless you choose to buy their product or the government is taking your tax money to pay them.

BobSpence1 wrote:

2. The standard over-charging allowed for companies in a monopolistic position, often reinforced by natural or artificial barriers to entry.

Agreed. One of governments main roles should be to prevent monopolies. Unfortunately, it tends to do the opposite far more often.

BobSpence1 wrote:

3. A highly competitive market typically leads to much unnecessary expenditure on advertising, way beyond what is necessary to inform the customer.

The advertising industry is a massive sink-hole of resources, as it goes way beyond its justification, into selling to companies the 'need' for even more advertising.

Who cares? If a corporation wants to waste money that is their problem, not yours. (Unless you are one of the masses that buys brand names because of advertising instead of the much cheaper and same shit generic brands.)

BobSpence1 wrote:

Note, competitive forces do not always work in favour of the end-user, and the end-user does not necessarily have a real choice in purchasing decisions to register a 'vote' against such practises.

With the possible exception of energy and insurance (both highly regulated by government) what product do you not have a real choice with? You can always choose to buy nothing. Maybe on your side of the ocean it is different but over here I have a choice where I purchase everything except utilities because of government monopolies.

BobSpence1 wrote:

Also some of the over spending by government is due to mutual corruption involving manipulated contracting procedures with private enterprise.

Agreed, and if you know a solution to this problem let me know.

BobSpence1 wrote:

So don't give me this simplistic libertarian BS about Govt bad, Business good.

I never said business was good. Business is neither good nor evil, it simply seeks profit. So don't simplify my beliefs because it makes them easier to argue against. I have said a hundred times on this board what roles I believe government ought to play. I am not an anarchist. Governments role ought to be to prevent business from becoming too powerful (breaking up monopolies, enforcing contract law, preventing fraud etc). Unfortunately, most governments either attempt to replace business with itself or team up with large businesses to destroy small businesses by making it harder for businesses without the right political ties to operate. 

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:don't

Beyond Saving wrote:
don't simplify my beliefs because it makes them easier to argue against

"good luck"

No, seriously... red herring is the primary export of the web. We can point fingers, but I've privately concluded we're all at least a little guilty.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)