Lincoln

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Lincoln

In 2012, an Abraham Lincoln bio-pic will be coming to theaters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443272/combined

I have been really looking forward to this film for a few years now, and am happy it is finally being made. I am an American Civil War and Abe Lincoln buff, and I am also a fan of Steven Spielberg and Daniel Day-Lewis, and I think this movie will be very entertaining.

I also believe this film may cause some level of controversy since sadly Mr. Lincoln has come under attack in recent years from some people who label him a racist and a tyrant when he was neither of those things. Anyhow, I look forward to the discussions and debates, and defending Honest Abe from his critics. Any other history fans out there?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
I enjoy history, but I favor

I enjoy history, but I favor historical fiction - Patriot Hearts (the wives of the 4 first presidents), Homeland (the Civil War), and the Emancipator's Wife (Mary Todd Lincoln) all by Barbara Hambly and all are historical fiction.  Well researched, but elements of fiction in each book. 

I would like to see the movie, but I am not sure I will make when it is out in theaters.  Probably rent the dvd at some point.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
As a fellow intellectual and

As a fellow intellectual and atheist I like Lincoln in some sense, although I have to admit I probably disagree with his politics.  That's not to say that I would have done differently without hindsight.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Skinny Guys

Zeeboe wrote:

Abraham Lincoln 

"Big guy, big reach; skinny guys fight to the burger" - Tyler Durden