Why Are There More People In Hell Than In Heaven?

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline

I guess it could be a plan

This dying world of ours

It’s nothing to brag about though

I wouldn’t call it grand

It doesn’t seem divine

Shitty is more like it

This sadistic watchmaker of yours

Must get his jollies

From unnecessary suffering

I guess that’s why he made hell eternal

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well it is warmer in hell

Well it is warmer in hell and I could use a little heat right now.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is merely a mythological

It is merely a mythological representation of the REAL alpha male mentality where any challenge to your resources are seen as a threat.

The believers of this mythological concept fail to see the inconsistency of the production rate vs output. If this fictional god had to sit in Trump's boardroom and explain all the waste, what would Trump say to this god?

When you strip life of magic and superstition, the production vs output is explained by nature and the universe without a fictional cognition as the cause. The universe is a majority hostile to life and any life outside our planet would most definitely be in an extreme minority. And if we are to assume, as the believers would have you believe, that this rock we live on is special, that would make the ratio even worse.

And as far as biological life is concerned, people are fooled by the seemingly abundant life, when the reality is most attempts at ALL life fail. For every tree that grows to full size there are thousands of acorns that do nothing and simply rot in the ground. That would be trillions worldwide.

There are 6 billion humans with roughly half male, not counting the humans who have since died. Males most of the time expel sperm in their urine. They also most of the time when having sex DONT get the women pregnant, And that is millions of sperm per load vs the minority of times the one sperm gets to the egg. Multiply that by 3 billion, times the millions of sperm per the 3 billion males, multiplied by the failed attempts and expelled urine, and what you end up with is hundreds of trillions of sperm vs the 1 percent being the 6 billion humans who got lucky.

This is hardly the mark of a thoughtful manufacturer, but the real reality of nature and evolution. Evolution is not about an apex or efficiency, it is merely about making many attempts where most fail, and all it takes is one to get to the next generation.

God belief is merely the mind's placebo mistaking the "sense of awe" because something is "pretty". This false positive in the human mind fails to take into account the majority of nasty shit that happens vs the "pretty" stuff"

I have to laugh at anyone who would postulate such an inept being if they are going to claim that such a being is "all powerful". Eagles have better eyesight than humans. Bacteria and cockroaches outnumber humans and will be around long after the human species goes extinct.

All god claims will die when the human species goes extinct because there will no longer be another generation to sell the myth to.

It is a joke to try to justify an efficient being with this kind of track record. I wouldn't hire such a being to scrub my toilet.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Keovar
Keovar's picture
User is offlineOffline

Maybe god is just an incompetent craftsman, or worse, it's like someone playing some Sim game who finds it funny to trigger all the disasters just for the hell of watching the destruction.  Too bad there's no save/reload system to clean it all up. 

Or, you know, shit happens and we're on our own.  God's only excuse is non-existence.

I don't see why so many people prefer incompetence or malice rather than simple non-existence.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
No one is actually in hell,

No one is actually in hell, it's closed for rennovations and everyone who was in hell was reborn as a teabagger.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Well

Beyond Saving wrote:

Well it is warmer in hell and I could use a little heat right now.

If you lived where I do, something cold would be much more appealing, so that can't be a general answer.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah - sleeping without

sweat trickling over the mosquitoes suckling on my face sounds pretty good right now.

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ENOUGH!!!!!!!

I WRITE DRUNKEN POETRY FROM MY GUT. PLENTY DRUNK NOW AS I WRITE THIS REPLY. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE  EMAIL UPDATES KEEPING ME UP TO DATE ON THIS BORING THREAD OF ATHIEST THOUGHT. SHARE YOUR CLEVER THOUGHTS WITH ONE ANOTHER SOMEWHERE ELSE. WHEN  I SOBER UP SOMETIME THIS WEEK I WILL END MY TIES WITH THIS LIMP DICK SITE. LIFE IS NOT LIVED IN A FUCKING BOOK OR A WITTY COMMENT ON A WEB SITE I WAS DRUNK ENOUGH TO PARTICIPATE IN. IT'S LIVED AT THE BOTTOM OF A BOTTLE, IN A SWOLLEN CLIT, AND A DRUNKEN BUT TRUE POEM. YOU SHIT HEAD S HAVE CRAPPED ALL OVER MY TRUTH. FUCK YOU. NOW IT'S TIME FOR ME TO GO START A BAR ROOM BRAWL, TO FORNICATE, AND TO WRITE MORE POETRY. IF YOU WANT TO BE A FAG THEN GO AHEAD AND CON TINUE WITH YOUR FAG COMMENTS (AND BY FAG I MEAN SHITHEAD - NOT HOMOSEXUAL). OTHERWISE .. . SHUT THE FUCK UP. TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER . AND QUIT BEING SO GOD DANMED BORING. I DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND YOUR CLEVER BULLSHIT. AGAIN, FUCK YOU!!@!!!. .. I DONT EVEN GIVE A SHIT IF YOU LIKE MY POETRY. I WANT TO CRUSH YOUR SKULLS FOR BORING ME WITH YOUR BLAH BLAH BLAH. TIME TO GET ARRESTED NOW. I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU WHEN I BREAK WHOEVER THE HELL IT IS ES NOSE I'M GOING TO BREAK. THANKS FOR NOTHING. PISS OFF. FILL INN THE REST...

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well, JP.

The poem expressed excellent sentiments I agree with wholeheartedly. As you point out, the god of the bible is immoral at best and a psychopath at worst.

I love free verse like this and think there should be more poetry on RRS but the poem does not stack up to the raw emotion you've expressed in that last post.

I'd love to see you channel that angst in a tirade against the lord jesus christ, an arsehole of behemoth proportions, who refuses to listen to the prayers of billions.

Sotto Voce PS:  Soz for talking out loud during your poetry thread...thoughtless of me.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Poetry with swearing

Bush ballad      May 23, 2008

i’ll build my words
from whatever’s
laying around from
kero tins & hessian
& bent bark shapes
with scruff edges.
just bang the bastards
together any way i
think u cunts might
get my fucking point

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
John Paul wrote:I WRITE

John Paul wrote:

I WRITE DRUNKEN POETRY FROM MY GUT. PLENTY DRUNK NOW AS I WRITE THIS REPLY. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE  EMAIL UPDATES KEEPING ME UP TO DATE ON THIS BORING THREAD OF ATHIEST THOUGHT. SHARE YOUR CLEVER THOUGHTS WITH ONE ANOTHER SOMEWHERE ELSE. WHEN  I SOBER UP SOMETIME THIS WEEK I WILL END MY TIES WITH THIS LIMP DICK SITE. LIFE IS NOT LIVED IN A FUCKING BOOK OR A WITTY COMMENT ON A WEB SITE I WAS DRUNK ENOUGH TO PARTICIPATE IN. IT'S LIVED AT THE BOTTOM OF A BOTTLE, IN A SWOLLEN CLIT, AND A DRUNKEN BUT TRUE POEM. YOU SHIT HEAD S HAVE CRAPPED ALL OVER MY TRUTH. FUCK YOU. NOW IT'S TIME FOR ME TO GO START A BAR ROOM BRAWL, TO FORNICATE, AND TO WRITE MORE POETRY. IF YOU WANT TO BE A FAG THEN GO AHEAD AND CON TINUE WITH YOUR FAG COMMENTS (AND BY FAG I MEAN SHITHEAD - NOT HOMOSEXUAL). OTHERWISE .. . SHUT THE FUCK UP. TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER . AND QUIT BEING SO GOD DANMED BORING. I DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND YOUR CLEVER BULLSHIT. AGAIN, FUCK YOU!!@!!!. .. I DONT EVEN GIVE A SHIT IF YOU LIKE MY POETRY. I WANT TO CRUSH YOUR SKULLS FOR BORING ME WITH YOUR BLAH BLAH BLAH. TIME TO GET ARRESTED NOW. I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU WHEN I BREAK WHOEVER THE HELL IT IS ES NOSE I'M GOING TO BREAK. THANKS FOR NOTHING. PISS OFF. FILL INN THE REST...

You cane to us numbnuts. Never forget this.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Drunk poetry

3 hangovers in a row       December 14, 2005

what would he think that far ago kid
could i sit down for coffee with who
i was and explain how it got to this

Nightfall       January 6, 2006

seeing off days in
their caskets
lines of
headlit cars.
whether i bow
my head quiet
or dance drunk
in the street
i wear black

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hell poetry

Gehenna      March 4, 2005

when i get to dante’s
flaming doorway the
first thing i’m asking
for is counselling

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline

John Paul wrote:

Now this is poetry, I have a tear on my face, this is fucking beautiful!  Especially the caps, pure genius, amazing...  oh wait, I'm drunk too, disregard what I've just said.  You have a lot of hate bottled up Smiling I admire your nihilistic approach, I was quite guilty of it a few years ago when I had less responsibilities.  I envy your freedom and I remember the desperation, loneliness and pointlessness that comes with it.  You sir, need purpose and direction.  I fear it will crush your anarchistic creativity but it will forge your will from the invertebrate it now is into something with a spine.  Smiling good luck to you, and I hope you get a few good shots in.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
BLAH BLAH BLAH

UNFORTUNATELY I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO ERASE MY ACCOUNT . CANT EVEN ERASE MY FOOTPRINT. SO CARRY ON WITH ALL YOUR CLEVER, INSIGHTFUL BLAH BLAH BLAH. AT LEAST NOW I WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE UPDATES ABOUT ALL THE WITTY COMMENTS ON THIS SITE. SO TALK AMONGST YOURSELVES. BREAK IT ALL DOWN. BEAT THE DEAD HORSE. KEEP UP YOUR BORING THREADS. FUCK YOU VERY MUCH. CHEERS...

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
John Paul

John Paul wrote:

UNFORTUNATELY I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO ERASE MY ACCOUNT . CANT EVEN ERASE MY FOOTPRINT. SO CARRY ON WITH ALL YOUR CLEVER, INSIGHTFUL BLAH BLAH BLAH. AT LEAST NOW I WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE UPDATES ABOUT ALL THE WITTY COMMENTS ON THIS SITE. SO TALK AMONGST YOURSELVES. BREAK IT ALL DOWN. BEAT THE DEAD HORSE. KEEP UP YOUR BORING THREADS. FUCK YOU VERY MUCH. CHEERS...

Do you always get so wussy when you're sober?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
John Paul

John Paul wrote:

I liked you better drunk.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
By: Me

nice friendly forum

a confused little boy cries

capslock key is stuck

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:nice

mellestad wrote:

nice friendly forum

a confused little boy cries

capslock key is stuck

Ain't that the truth ?

Some people just need to get over themselves.

This same type of terminally unique, I hate everyone cause no one is as smart as me nonsense seems more of a byproduct of theistic feelings of entitlement than someone that understands there are 7 Billion damned people on this planet with unique sets of problems.

Dude needs to get drunk and spew his whiny ass poetry drivel somewhere else. I got no sympathy for him at all.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline

John Paul wrote:

Tell it to someone else, cause I am pretty sure that no one here really gives a shit.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno