And gladly go to hell

On moral principle alone

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
John,I noticed several new

John,

I noticed several new posts by you. We need more atheist poets in the world.

I like the last two lines especially.

Even if the god of the bible were proven to be true, the only thing I could call such a being is a morally repugnant prick and deserving of every scorn imaginable. I am glad such a being does not exist, but the fans of such myth are most trying at times.

I really wish believers would know the difference between them, as individuals, and the completely separate issue of the claims that come out of their mouths. I can like and love those who make these claims, but the claims by themselves are horrible and would be horrible if real.

Good work.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I do however take issue that

I do however take issue that atheists have to become martyrs themselves. This is a war of claims, and should not be turned into a war of physical force. The world already has too many people willing to die for what they believe. I think we should stand up for what we know is true, but we don't have to have a physical war with anyone to win the war of ideas.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
John Paul wrote: The God Of

John Paul wrote:

The God Of The Bible Is Ugly

The best thing religion gave me

Was a willingness to die

For what is right

A willingness to stand up

And be counted

To suffer the pains of martyrdom

It is because of this

That I can honestly say

That even if the God of the Bible does in fact exist in reality

I still reject him

And gladly go to hell

On moral principle alone

Thank you. Thats my take on itSmiling

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Only an atheist can be a

Only an atheist can be a martyr. Doesn't count if you believe you're going strait to paradise.