I made this flyer for everyone to pass out during the holidays!

Heizenberg
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Heizenberg's picture
User is offlineOffline
I made this flyer for everyone to pass out during the holidays!

Hey everyone, 

I have a flyer I created a few years back and I really want to share it with everyone so American Theist can read it and ponder their religion.  (hopefully)

What I do, is print out stacks of these every year and while people are in church, I place them all over there cars.  And then I move on to the next church....

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/atheist-holiday-flyer

(it is uploaded as a PDF to this website)

If you get a chance to look at it, let me know what you think!

-Mark

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nice work!

I'll leave some on the windshields of our local church members on Sunday.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yah, nice work there dude.

Yah, nice work there dude.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

sidekick
sidekick's picture
User is offlineOffline
awesomeness.  i hope you

awesomeness.  i hope you don't limit yourself to churches, though.  the churchies probably won't read it all the way through once they realize what it is, and then they will just stand around and judge one another on who has the biggest fake outrage over it.  college parking lots would be a good place if you want a better chance of reaching people who might be on the fence or haven't given it much thought before.  then again, pissing off the churchies would be just plain fun.  either way, nice work.

I know the answer! The answer lies in the heart of all mankind!...The answer is 12? I think I'm in the wrong building. --Charles M. Schulz

ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
User is offlineOffline
rrsok wrote:Do you believe

rrsok wrote:

Do you believe in Zeus, Enki, or Anu-bis? Chances are you do not. You are an atheist in regards to those Gods. Try to understand why you don't be-lieve in those Gods, and you are just one step closer to seeing why many others go one God further.  

There are over 3,000 Gods and God-desses throughout history. If you only believe in one of those, it would be fair to say that you are an atheist 99.99 % of the time. Why make an exception for just one God?

A theist is not 99.99% atheist if he is 100% theist... I hate when atheist use this argument because it is a category mistake. There is a fundamental difference between non-belief 3000 gods and belief in yet another and no belief at all.... What would you say to those who believes in a whole pantheon, like hundreds of millions of gods as Hindus. Are they "less" atheistic because they believe in more gods? While it's a nice soundbite, it is erroneous I think.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep

sidekick wrote:

awesomeness.  i hope you don't limit yourself to churches, though.  the churchies probably won't read it all the way through once they realize what it is, and then they will just stand around and judge one another on who has the biggest fake outrage over it.  college parking lots would be a good place if you want a better chance of reaching people who might be on the fence or haven't given it much thought before.  then again, pissing off the churchies would be just plain fun.  either way, nice work.

Yep, I'd say that is about the sum of it.

I like the flyer, especially how it starts out with that born of a virgin piece and ends with Dionysus. Too bad most of the ignorant church people would not be open minded enough to consider the irrational aspects of their "absolute truth" that they are following.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

astrosurfer
User is offlineOffline
Firstly, I'd like to

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on a wonderful piece of work that is your flyer. Truly INSPIRING.

Secondly, in my opinion, I have to say that I kinda side with UbuntuAnyone on the issue that you are either 100% theist or you are simply atheist. I conclude this because no matter which one or ones you believe in, it is still belief in a god or gods, therefore theism or polytheism.

Sadly I have never had the opportunity to discuss theism with a polytheist, as much as I would like the opportunity. I know nothing of their beliefs. I also have 0% doubt that I would still be an atheist at the end of that discussion. I would  definitely enjoy to hear of their strong beliefs though. I genuinely do feel happy for theists that they are happy and they feel that love in their heart, you know the one, that only belief in GOD and accepting JESUS as your savior can bring. How? or why? someone is theist is irrelevant to me because I consider them FOOLISH to believe in something that they cannot see or prove. But that's just me.

These alternative humans do not believe in the other gods and pass them off as just stories....LOL....what a nerve. They say things like "Who in their right mind would think that those old stories of mythical gods could actually be true?" or "No, that's just silly, there only is one god".

I have discovered throughout my 42 yr life that further discussion from that point usually ends with the FANATIC rearing it's ugly head. So sad.

Hence I say that as much as I admire you for passing out the flyer, because that's a big KUDOS, I could not do it personally just to avoid the possible confrontation from a raging FANATIC. I'm tired of seeing the FANATIC.

my $0.02.

Mottsapplejuice
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well if you think about it

Well if you think about it alot of people who believe god are polytheists they just don't see themselves as that. First they treat many different "demi-gods" like gods jesus,mary, the kings, saint of this and that etc.

Also using a good quote from Dawkins

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Mottsapplejuice
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Thank you! I am going to

Thank you! I am going to print a shit load of these and plan an "attack" on black Friday. Get people to run through the top floor of my local mall and throw the papers in the air letting them float about to people on both floors and get of there fast because i dont think freedom of speech applies at malls, i mean hell my friend got in trouble for playing a nice song on their piano that they NEVER use.

Heizenberg
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Heizenberg's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks for enjoying the

Thanks for enjoying the flyer!

I started this flyer because I'm going to school in one of the worst states for religion... Oklahoma - So many people here are highly ignorant. (and sadly it doesn't stop at just religion).

I was eating at a restaurant in my hometown, when I signed the tip receipt I left a flyer.  While I was sitting in my car just messing with my phone, a lady (middle aged) comes running out to my car with flyer in-hand.  I crack my window as she approaches, then she crumbles the flyer and attempts to throw it at me but just bounces off the window.  She follows that by screaming the f- word at me over and over again for handing that flyer out.   She stuck her hand inside the small window space saying she was going to call the police.  (I'm not really sure why she was trying to reach inside...) I called her a "Crazy Bitch" and proceeded to roll up the window.  I stayed around for a for minuets after ward to see if the cops were really going to come-  I mean, I would of loved to see that lady freak out too them about my flyer and I would of just shrugged my shoulders.