Greetings.

xTiberiax
xTiberiax's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings.

Greetings, stumbled upon Rational Response through Greydon Square and Mr. Gawn. Hoping to build my knowlege and expand my mind.

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left."

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome.  Tell us about

Welcome, tell us about yourself. 

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi xTib

Welcome to zoo. We have 2 pet christians trapped in our ceiling if you want to play with them. Look for threads by Fonzie and Gramster.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
xTiberiax wrote:Greetings,

xTiberiax wrote:

Greetings, stumbled upon Rational Response through Greydon Square and Mr. Gawn. Hoping to build my knowlege and expand my mind.

Welcome. As far as Greydon, you might not know, but he assaulted Brian Sapient(owner of this site). Brian isn't as mad about the needless attack as he is concerned with Greydon's mental health.  Its been a couple years since that event and hopefully Greydon is getting help for his anger issues. It really sucks that Greydon did that because he had really great Rap music, and I am not into rap.

As far as Mr Gawn, haven't heard from him in a while. I met him at a convention 3 years ago. Nice guy but loves to sarcastically tease the hell out of everyone. It would be nice to have an update as to how he is doing.

In any case, welcome.

I also recommend the band Rush and their new album. They have a song about the inconsistency of god being "all loving" called "BU2B".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I fondly remember frequently

I fondly remember frequently chatting and joking with Mr.Gawn on video chat (Stickam) sessions that used to be regular events here.

Like Brian37, I haven't heard from him for a while.

Welcome, hope you find stuff to interest and engage you here...

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

xTiberiax
xTiberiax's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I am an active duty

Well, I am an active duty service member. My religious doubts started, I suppose, while serving overseas. Just realizing alot of what I was brought up to believe as truth is highly questionable. Some of it downright ridiculous. I will definitely be snooping around the forums just taking in all that I read.

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
xTiberiax wrote:Well, I am

xTiberiax wrote:

Well, I am an active duty service member. My religious doubts started, I suppose, while serving overseas. Just realizing alot of what I was brought up to believe as truth is highly questionable. Some of it downright ridiculous. I will definitely be snooping around the forums just taking in all that I read.

You can't serve in the military, you didn't swear an oath to Jesus. Oh, wait, DAMN CONSTITUTION! Well, just keep your mouth shut even though you are risking your ass for us.

Sing the cadence with me.

"MY FIRST GOD

HE'S GOT CLASS

HE'S GOT A FACE

LIKE A BULLDOG'S ASS"

SOUND OFF!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog