a beautiful woman is comming to live with me for a month

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
a beautiful woman is comming to live with me for a month

I'm having a friend over for about a month. She arrives monday. We've known each other for a long time. But this will be the first time we will be together this long.

She knows of my desires for her but still resists them. She resists them because of stuborness, I guess... and her mind still live in certain dogmas and false paradigms... 

It will be a hard time to have such a woman living with me without any action... but I'm hopefull she will let me love her this time... we are both alone and lacking.

Hmmm... I must prepare something really romantic...

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Nialler, don't worry about

Nialler, don't worry about Luminon. He is no troll.

He is full of woo but he is our woo guy and we kind of like him. In fact, he only has the theist badge because he has this idea that some guy who may be alive (but he can't prove was ever born) is going to fix every problem in the world. Seriously, he thinks the dude is less that 60 or so years old.

As far as the whole astrology thing goes, I am an astronomer and I have asked him a bunch of technical questions when the opportunity comes up. He has always answered me fair and square.

In our lengthy multithread discussion, I am still not clear on many major points but as chances come up, I ask him questions and, as I said, he tells me what I ask of him.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Nialler, don't worry about Luminon. He is no troll.

He is full of woo but he is our woo guy and we kind of like him. In fact, he only has the theist badge because he has this idea that some guy who may be alive (but he can't prove was ever born) is going to fix every problem in the world. Seriously, he thinks the dude is less that 60 or so years old.

As far as the whole astrology thing goes, I am an astronomer and I have asked him a bunch of technical questions when the opportunity comes up. He has always answered me fair and square.

In our lengthy multithread discussion, I am still not clear on many major points but as chances come up, I ask him questions and, as I said, he tells me what I ask of him.

He may know the positions of the stars in the sky. I'd sort of expect that of even the most basic astrologist, but please don't tell me that you would accept any other crap from him.

This place has gone to hell.

Astrology is the purest woo. If you accept it then you are buying into pure crap.

If you need evidence just look at the way that the OP treats women. He may be your favourite woo practitioner but he objectifies women and he sees them as objects that should relent to his obvious charm.

There are no exceptions here. His father practices woo and makes money by ripping off suggestable victims of it. His son clearly accepts that it is ok to rip people off in this way.

We are not speaking of a cute enterprise. His father is demonstrably a con man and the son has bought into it.

I really don't care whether or not you like the guy. He is complicit in a conman activity.

The fact that he is also a sexist and mysoginist asshole is another issue.

Please reread this thread and read what he thinks about women. Then read it again to see that his father is a conman.

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote: NiallerWhat

Teralek wrote:

Nialler

What if a person doesn't want to eat because he/she thinks eating is wrong. I keep insisting that this person must eat because it is getting sick.

This person has the urge to eat sometimes, and still rejects it. I try to reason that the food is good for health... but to no avail, this is a stubborn person

I have to use this analogy... but it applies the situation

Don't judge without knowing, or mind your own Business...

I hope that this situation hasn't gone bad, but I worry because of this: "I keep insisting that this person must eat because it is getting sick."

You are one sick puppy when you compare and contrast your own sexual desires with the needs or lack of them on the same level as a person with severe and potentially deadly eating disorders, and then you additionally use the impersonal pronoun to refer to a , gasp, person then that becomes a worry.

Please get some help. Soon. Seriously. You're a sick bastard.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Nialler, I think you are

Nialler, I think you are confusing Luminon and Teralek.

Teralek is the guy who thinks that all hot babes are desperate for his tiny little cock.

Luminon is the astrologer.

As for me, perhaps you missed it but I am an astronomer. I like asking Luminon technical questions. Sure, it is a bad deal but I am seriously curious as to just what is going on with someone who is a true believer to the point that he can make the same observations that I can and come to such totally different conclusions.

Is he charging gullible people for his work? Probably. However, that does not make him worse than the people who don't actually do anything and still manage to make money on general gullibility. Perhaps you should watch a few episodes of Penn and Teller's Bullshit to see just how bad this crap actually gets. No, seriously, they once interviewed someone who gets a couple hundred buck for the stones she picks up in her driveway.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nialler wrote:Sorry.

Nialler wrote:
Sorry. "Becoming good at astrology"? WTF??

It may require some intelligence to make some money from such a scam, but I have to ask if you are trying to troll me at this stage.

In the event that you aren't I just wonder how you have got this far in life without tripping over your tongue. Seriously. Astrology?

When anyone tells me their starsign I walk away. You've explained that your father is a serious fuckwit in this thread. I originally thought that it was only you.

Well, that's the problem with skeptics, they don't care to learn about the "enemy" until this enemy starts to take over the government, schools and public life. Otherwise, there is no reason to learn. They either want their peace, or to destroy the woo culture forever. Nope, I want to bring standards in there. Not everyone there are scammers and earn undeserved money. When there are no standards in the jungle of woo, the quality of service depends on quality of the person providing it.

Nialler wrote:

Please don't follow in his steps. Just walk from his woo. Maintain a relationship with him, of course, but walk away from that astrology shit.

I don't follow in his steps, I was already born like that. I have such a peculiar mind and nervous system that is very sensitive to woo. That's what I begin with, but I'd like to show some progress and add some other abilities on top of that. Social skills, psychology, emotional intelligence, rhetorics, HTML (how to meet ladies) and so on. There are no schools for that around here, so I simply make use of local resources and my natural inclinations.

Nialler wrote:
And start to grow up in your attitudes to women.

Women are seriously complex creatures and so are we - as in, men. Neither you or or I are amenable to simplistic deconstructions. The same goes to every woman that I've known. As an aside, how old are you

Unfortunately, most of women I know are simple, as well as men. They're good people, but they only care about their loved ones, work, pub, cigarettes (I call them Cinderellas) and what's on TV. They only get smarter in their 40's or so and then we can talk. There are of course exceptions, but they're regularly dispersed in population, therefore always far away and can be only found online. If I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol unless it's gratis and don't watch TV, then there is no common ground with normal people. Usually we're mutually boring the hell out of us, because there is something wrong with my emotions and their intellect.
My age is 22. And yours?

Teralek: I'm sorry, I'll be still very busy, my class received a few homeworks and four tests scheduled on the next week. Anyway, I think the most handy information you will find in the book I recommended.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
My age is 46. So what is

My age is 46. So what is your point?

Can we talk now? Without you being a patronising cunt? Without you calling people that you can't deal with "Cinderellas"?

Enjoy your vapid feelings of superiority because you don't indulge in cigarettes, ar alcohol (unless it's free!!!) and whatever else you choose to eschew. Oh wow, you don't watch American Pop Idol. What an intellectual you must be.

You may try to retain a superior mien, but you are still a sad little mysogynistic fucker who is desperate to get laid and blames his loneliness on the world.

The fact also remains that you are peddling woo here and that it's being tolerated.

In short, you are full of crap.

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Nialler

Luminon wrote:

Nialler wrote:
"astrologic courses"? Do you not think that they type of people who would present themselves for such a course are somewhat impressionable and already amenable to accepting rubbish?

Me thinks that as sample groups go, if you wished to find a group of suggestible and below-average intelligence people, an astrology course would be a good place to start.

Becoming good at astrology is much more diffcult than becoming good at chess, it requires some intelligence. There are no simple chess figures, there are archetypes, models of behavior, areas of life and aspects between all these. Average skeptic has no idea how complex the astrology is.

I'll clue you in a little bit about what I do as a living:

Becoming good at modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions is much more diffcult than becoming good at chess (so does expertise in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions), it requires some intelligence (so does expertise and a piblished record in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions°. There are no simple chess figures (there are no simple models in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions), there are archetypes, (not in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions) models of behavior, (not in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions) areas of life and aspects between all these. Average skeptic has no idea how complex the astrology is. and you have no idea about modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions.

You are full of BS. You are also an idiot.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nialler wrote:My age is 46.

Nialler wrote:

My age is 46. So what is your point?

Can we talk now? Without you being a patronising cunt? Without you calling people that you can't deal with "Cinderellas"?

I call smoking girls "Cinderellas" as a joke. And rarely. And I think it fits!

Nialler wrote:
Enjoy your vapid feelings of superiority because you don't indulge in cigarettes, ar alcohol (unless it's free!!!) and whatever else you choose to eschew. Oh wow, you don't watch American Pop Idol. What an intellectual you must be.

You may try to retain a superior mien, but you are still a sad little mysogynistic fucker who is desperate to get laid and blames his loneliness on the world.

Whatever. The sad truth is, that I often lack emotions, (maybe a schizoid disorder) I get little fun from what people normally enjoy, such as worshipping gods or watching American Idol or sports. What superiority? It's nothing to be proud of, I need to get my emotions back.
BTW, it's not just about getting laid, it's about the chemistry of getting in love (better than drugs!) the lasting love, the fine mechanism of relationship, the discovering of another personality and having a companion for various activities.

Nialler wrote:
  The fact also remains that you are peddling woo here and that it's being tolerated. 

In short, you are full of crap. 

Peddling the woo, here? No chance, everybody wants evidence first.
It is not peddling woo, it is informing local people about the nature of woo, my studies of it and what results our group came to after many years of study and practice. Skeptics can't study in depth everything they're skeptical to, they're not paid for that. So it's only natural there's someone who they can ask some details. Anyway, a world where everybody agrees with you would be so boring.

Nialler wrote:

Becoming good at modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions is much more diffcult than becoming good at chess (so does expertise in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions), it requires some intelligence (so does expertise and a piblished record in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions°. There are no simple chess figures (there are no simple models in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions), there are archetypes, (not in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions) models of behavior, (not in modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions) areas of life and aspects between all these. Average skeptic has no idea how complex the astrology is. and you have no idea about modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions.

You are full of BS. You are also an idiot.

I'm also emotionally unfeeling and it's not easy to get me pissed-off.

Btw, do these modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions make you good at astrology? I guess not, that's the point.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Nialler
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:I'm also

Luminon wrote:

Btw, do these modular arithmetic/cryptologolical functions make you good at astrology? I guess not, that's the point.

Nope, because I see zero point in investing my time and my brain cycles in something which is clearly and manifestly crap.

Y'see things don't work that way in real life.

Here's a kicker or you: despite having developed statistic modelling software for the uni were  studied I know little about the field that I developed for: Bacteriology and Parasitology. Two good projects, and I accept that  the rigours of both disciplines and the peer-review process that is used has ensured the best possible quality of outcome when their findings were presented. I have to have a degree of faith - but it's faith in the process rather than the findings. Every time that someone publishes there is a bunch of wolves wishing to tear it apart. If they can't, then the research stands.

I'd be interested in a peer-reviewed review of  your father's work. I'd sort of  guess that none exists.

You're an idiot to believe in his flim-flam. Try hold yourself to higher standards.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nialler wrote:Luminon

Nialler wrote:

Luminon wrote:

Nope, because I see zero point in investing my time and my brain cycles in something which is clearly and manifestly crap.

Again, that is not the point. Many atheists are very good at Biblical studies, even though they think it's crap. But it surely feels good to demonstrate Christians how they got their own Bible wrong. So I wonder when someone starts that with astrology. Probably when astrologic extremists will start invading the parliament or threatening people who say that Pluto is not a planet Smiling

There was one lecture of a year long cycle of voluntary lectures on a local pedagogic faculty, with the topic of using astrology in education. That raised a great angry response from local skeptical club, but it only revealed their general incompetence and specific deep ignorance of what astrology is and isn't. But one lecture on a pedagogic faculty was not nearly enough to make them study the subject before criticizing it.

Nialler wrote:
Y'see things don't work that way in real life.
As far as I have experienced, they do work like that. Don't worry, I'm aware that for different people things may work differently. But for surprisingly many people around me it is very similar.

Nialler wrote:
Here's a kicker or you: despite having developed statistic modelling software for the uni were  studied I know little about the field that I developed for: Bacteriology and Parasitology. Two good projects, and I accept that  the rigours of both disciplines and the peer-review process that is used has ensured the best possible quality of outcome when their findings were presented. I have to have a degree of faith - but it's faith in the process rather than the findings. Every time that someone publishes there is a bunch of wolves wishing to tear it apart. If they can't, then the research stands.
All right. You see, when there are no universal standards of process in my field, (which I regret) I have to rely upon people who set their own standards and hold them steadily. A process is a good thing, but it is just a process. What goes in, goes out. Similarly, law-suit at the court is method of a legal dispute, but it does not guarantee the truth and justice. Another example, medical education does not guarantee the same chances for health.

Having a standard process is a way of doing things. Another way is to judge things without the process, but then obviously all depends on the quality of a person that does it. Or better said, the result relies upon those who search for a good person to give meaningful results. Currently this method is much more accessible to me.

Nialler wrote:
I'd be interested in a peer-reviewed review of  your father's work. I'd sort of  guess that none exists.
His introductory book went out in USA this year, so it's at already possible. But anyway, how does one get a peer review? Is it a formal or informal process? Who is a peer in astrology? Specially when my dad's astrology is very modern, very abstract. Most of astrologers today still work according to medieval sets of rules.

Nialler wrote:
You're an idiot to believe in his flim-flam. Try hold yourself to higher standards.
Who says I'm a believer? I'm a student. I read up on astrology a lot, I study my horoscope even more, also some other people's horoscopes, all that to make a qualified opinion on dad's work and work of other astrologers. I also study esoteric astrology, esoteric psychology, a bit of mundane psychology, and so on. The sources I study are meant to be compared and applied to the everyday life to achieve certain results. I despise an ignorant belief just like I despise an equally ignorant denial.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hey! I'm back!ROFTL! You

Hey! I'm back!

ROFTL! You guys have some strange comments about me! But it's comprehensible, I have some crazy comments myself sometimes, and these are just words... I am really Anonymous... We do not forget and we are relentless  Long live the Low Orbit Ion Cannon!

I have been absent for several reasons; job change, pause from intellectual discussions on rational responders, etc.

Only Luminon, mellestad and Beyhond saving seem to know me better...

About this topic I have nothing further worth mentioning. She's still here and will go home next week.

Although we may not have been having sex we love each other very much and this pleases me a lot given all other possibilities.

Even a bad ship can sail, she may sail slower and she may even be in the risk of sinking... but everyone has to sail with the tools they have... and we just have to help each other so we call all safely reach port.

It is hard to talk in metaphors and be objective at the same time... when you don't want to give too much out of a real situation. So your miss understandings are compreensible

What is NOT comprehensible is the bigotry and insults that fart from some posts sometimes... but I see that not everyone is an educated person like me...

I really wish hot babes were crazy about me and I had a tiny cock... but unfortunatly none of these things are true.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote: Hey! I'm

Teralek wrote:

Hey! I'm back!

ROFTL! You guys have some strange comments about me! But it's comprehensible, I have some crazy comments myself sometimes, and these are just words... I am really Anonymous... We do not forget and we are relentless  Long live the Low Orbit Ion Cannon!

I have been absent for several reasons; job change, pause from intellectual discussions on rational responders, etc.

Only Luminon, mellestad and Beyhond saving seem to know me better...

About this topic I have nothing further worth mentioning. She's still here and will go home next week.

Although we may not have been having sex we love each other very much and this pleases me a lot given all other possibilities.

Even a bad ship can sail, she may sail slower and she may even be in the risk of sinking... but everyone has to sail with the tools they have... and we just have to help each other so we call all safely reach port.

It is hard to talk in metaphors and be objective at the same time... when you don't want to give too much out of a real situation. So your miss understandings are compreensible

What is NOT comprehensible is the bigotry and insults that fart from some posts sometimes... but I see that not everyone is an educated person like me...

I really wish hot babes were crazy about me and I had a tiny cock... but unfortunatly none of these things are true.

Pffft.

It's no wonder this girl wants nothing to do with you. I'm sure she is picking up on your condescending vibes, even if you don't voice them to her (which you probably do).

Quote:

I really wish hot babes were crazy about me and I had a tiny cock... but unfortunately none of these things are true.

WTF? Here's a hint: it's your attitude that's the problem, not the size (or lack thereof) of your dick.

PS: Only a guy with a tiny dick would say what you said...

I'll be happy for her when she finally goes home.

PPS: I'm a 54 year old 'hot babe' who hasn't had sex in 7 years and I would sooner have sex with a dickless man than you.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:It's no

Sandycane wrote:

It's no wonder this girl wants nothing to do with you. I'm sure she is picking up on your condescending vibes, even if you don't voice them to her (which you probably do).

It is your uninformed opinion, I respect that

Sandycane wrote:

WTF? Here's a hint: it's your attitude that's the problem, not the size (or lack thereof) of your dick.

PPS: I'm a 54 year old 'hot babe' who hasn't had sex in 7 years and I would sooner have sex with a dickless man than you.

Answers in Gene... wrote:

Teralek is the guy who thinks that all hot babes are desperate for his tiny little cock.

This is the kind of bigotery I was talking about. When I was returning this idiotic comment... someone out of the blue say I have an attitude problem! It seems answers in genes is a saint that can say whatever he vomits but the poor "theist" has to hear and swallow! It is becoming clear to me that this is the most elitist forum I've ever seen! Dispite it's good philosophical threads.

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote:Sandycane

Teralek wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

It is your uninformed opinion, I respect that

Sandycane wrote:

Answers in Gene... wrote:

This is the kind of bigotery I was talking about. When I was returning this idiotic comment... someone out of the blue say I have an attitude problem! It seems answers in genes is a saint that can say whatever he vomits but the poor "theist" has to hear and swallow! It is becoming clear to me that this is the most elitist forum I've ever seen! Dispite it's good philosophical threads.

Teralek,

I think that theism is a good hideout for people who are falsely shy to have sex. 

I agree 100% with Sandycane.  Your girl is probably just wanted to see if you have guts to say truth and act.  Wish her good luck, she'll find a normal guy.  Unless, of course, she has similar problems as you have.

100%

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Oh, and by the way,  your

Oh, and by the way,  your problem is manifested not by you refusing to have sex, but by you posting this in the forum.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:I don't follow

Luminon wrote:

I don't follow in his steps, I was already born like that. I have such a peculiar mind and nervous system that is very sensitive to woo. That's what I begin with, but I'd like to show some progress  Unfortunately, most of women I know are simple, as well as men. They're good people, but they only care about their loved ones, work, pub, cigarettes (I call them Cinderellas) and what's on TV. They only get smarter in their 40's or so and then we can talk. There are of course exceptions, but they're regularly dispersed in population, therefore always far away and can be only found online. If I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol unless it's gratis and don't watch TV, then there is no common ground with normal people. Usually we're mutually boring the hell out of us, because there is something wrong with my emotions and their intellect.

Well said. It is also true that we are all complex beings and we are all different but there are trends and in this trends we are the same. You made a good hint on how stupid and predictable human relations often are. We have to be one of the "sheeps" or else a potential mate cant find a common ground. The problem is stupidity. When I look at younger people I really think humans are getting more and more stupid! I wish I didn't thought this way!

I admire your attitude Luminon. Nialler called you an idiot so many times but you kept cool! High five for that.

I guess I'm a bit bitter today and I couldn't resist pumping more of this bigotery out.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek,

I think that theism is a good hideout for people who are falsely shy to have sex. 

And I think Atheism is a good hideout for an unresolved Oedipus complex. I couldn't care less with what you think. Really

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Teralek

Teralek wrote:

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek,

And I think Atheism is a good hideout for an unresolved Oedipus complex. I couldn't care less with what you think. Really

Then why did you reply?

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Teralek

Teralek wrote:

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek,

Also, I did not mean you specifically.  I think that if someone wants, then he/she may say "religion does not allow me to do so" instead of "I have no guts to do this".

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek wrote:

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek,

Then why did you reply?

Good question. Another would be, 'Why did you post your personal business on the Internet if you don't care what other people think?'

This one's for you, Teralek:

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've got another question

I've got another question for you...

I'm fairly new here so, could you tell me what species of theist you are a member of?

If you are a christian (or muslim) and this girl is one, too, baiting her for the purpose fornication is a definite no-no. Shame on you.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bimbos

Nialler wrote:

Luminon wrote:
All women, specially in modern ages of today have a secret problem with self-value. They need to represent a value, a beauty, but they're afraid that they don't.

Dude, your father is wrong. There are no secrets about women. They're the same as us. I don't know how he gets off on peddling this crap to you, but hey, go ahead and try out his theories in the real world.

Nialler, while I try to avoid agreeing with Luminon, I don't think that your comment could be less correct. When it comes to how we get our self-esteem and sense of comfort from the opposite sex is completely different and I find it counterproductive to suggest that this isn't the case.

Men are the ones that need the coddling from women. A core chunk of our self esteem comes directly from how we believe we are perceived by women. If we are appreciated and built up for our virility and feel that we have/can sufficiently demonstrate our value as providers then we can begin having healthy self image. While we do not get validation from at least one desirable woman I don't believe we can be fully functioning human beings.

Nialler wrote:
What she *does* need from me is a trusting loving relationship, that I contribute to all aspects of living together, that I be a good father to our children, and that I treat her with the respect that she deserves as an equal partner in our relationship.

This much I agree with because this is where many women get the bulk of their positive self image. Some women can feel safe and provided for all on their own and I suspect that they can be quite healthy. This is where men and women differ the most imo, a man can't get what he needs without a woman (or man, if that's how you swing) but woman can technically get what they need without someone else's input. I would say that most women however cannot do this on their own and need to have these needs at least partially sated by someone else.

Nialler wrote:
Flattery might work on such bimbos as accord to your father's sexist theory, but I hate to tell you this: he's a sexist jerk and he's feeding you crap.

What a sensitive age we live in; when presenting the prospect that women need men is a villainous thing to do. It's unfortunate to see. We should be able to have a conversation like this without jumping the gun and assuming that men and women are the same (which is not remotely true) and that we relate to each other with the same fundamental needs in mind.

Some women get a lot of juice from the compliments and reinforcement of her significant other, that makes her a bimbo? No, it doesn't - it makes her possibly different from you but that isn't always a bad thing. Calling someone names because they like compliments is not rational and it certainly isn't constructive.

We are different, why is that so scary? Men need the validation of women and have indomitable sex drives. Why should that be scary to a woman? Why should she work all day long at restricting his natural and unavoidable urges instead of making sure that he is getting his base needs met so that the risk of him leaving are considerably less? Why shouldn't she embrace what he is on a biological level instead of pretending that it's some kind of option for him to be a horn dog who wants the pleasure of as many women as possible? It's a futile exercise and the statistics of the fabled monogamous relationship prove it in stunning fashion.

I see people so determined to undermine reality and puppet these tired old monogamous traditions as if they were helpful.  As skeptics I would much prefer we look at topics like this without the traditional sense of terror. I suspect men and women can go far to have longer relationships if we stop being obsessed with making one exactly like the other.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:Play hard to

Sandycane wrote:
Play hard to get. Be nice but, treat her like a buddy and flirt with other women in her presence. If there is a chance, she'll let you know by her pissy attitude and jealousy.

Playing jealousy games is a great way to have a totally messed up relationship.

Flirting with her in front of other girls is a good plan, if only we disagree on the reasons. If you flirt with her in front of her girlfriends it may very well make her feel appreciated and give her the opportunity to guage the reaction of her friends. She will want to be with a fellow her friends dig - on this point men and women are the same - so with any luck her friends will give you the thumbs up. Once that happens, your chances shoot through the roof.

My advice though, move on bro... move on.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist wrote:Then

100percentAtheist wrote:

Then why did you reply?

I only reply because you said you agree with Sandycane. Which meant me specifically. 

Your (most of you) psycological and stereotipic analysis are a laugh! All I really said was I'm having a friend over to whom I would like to have sex. This friend is someone I know from a long time and we have a close relationship. I wasn't very specific about the rest.

Sorry if my english is not perfect Sandycane... but by baiting her you mean luring her into sex?! What does that have to do with religion? And have you realize that sex always involves luring other people?! I don't see anything wrong with that as long as the motivation is not self centered. When we care for others the motivation is ok.

Religion doesn't stop me from doing nothing. I have no religion as I've been saying over and over again here at the forum... I am a philosofical spiritual person, if you will.

Moreover I never called anyone an idiot, douchbag, or any other kind of free insults unprovocked.

marcusfish, bro, I moved on. Even when we don't want to, life makes us move on. Still these roads sometimes lead to a starting point.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote:Luminon

Teralek wrote:

Luminon wrote:

I don't follow in his steps, I was already born like that. I have such a peculiar mind and nervous system that is very sensitive to woo. That's what I begin with, but I'd like to show some progress  Unfortunately, most of women I know are simple, as well as men. They're good people, but they only care about their loved ones, work, pub, cigarettes (I call them Cinderellas) and what's on TV. They only get smarter in their 40's or so and then we can talk. There are of course exceptions, but they're regularly dispersed in population, therefore always far away and can be only found online. If I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol unless it's gratis and don't watch TV, then there is no common ground with normal people. Usually we're mutually boring the hell out of us, because there is something wrong with my emotions and their intellect.

Well said. It is also true that we are all complex beings and we are all different but there are trends and in this trends we are the same. You made a good hint on how stupid and predictable human relations often are. We have to be one of the "sheeps" or else a potential mate cant find a common ground. The problem is stupidity. When I look at younger people I really think humans are getting more and more stupid! I wish I didn't thought this way!

I admire your attitude Luminon. Nialler called you an idiot so many times but you kept cool! High five for that.

I guess I'm a bit bitter today and I couldn't resist pumping more of this bigotery out.

Luminon is one of the most even tempered people on the forum, I'm always impressed with his attitude.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Teralek

Teralek wrote:

100percentAtheist wrote:

Then why did you reply?

I only reply because you said you agree with Sandycane. Which meant me specifically. 

Your (most of you) psycological and stereotipic analysis are a laugh! All I really said was I'm having a friend over to whom I would like to have sex. This friend is someone I know from a long time and we have a close relationship. I wasn't very specific about the rest.

Sorry if my english is not perfect Sandycane... but by baiting her you mean luring her into sex?! What does that have to do with religion? And have you realize that sex always involves luring other people?! I don't see anything wrong with that as long as the motivation is not self centered. When we care for others the motivation is ok.

Religion doesn't stop me from doing nothing. I have no religion as I've been saying over and over again here at the forum... I am a philosofical spiritual person, if you will.

Moreover I never called anyone an idiot, douchbag, or any other kind of free insults unprovocked.

marcusfish, bro, I moved on. Even when we don't want to, life makes us move on. Still these roads sometimes lead to a starting point.

Teralek,

Again, my comment about religion was general, and I actually had catholic religion on mind.  I am glad it does not apply to you. 

Regarding your case, all I saw was that you stated that you LOVE each other, live together under the same roof, and are not going to have sex.  On top of it you are posting all this on a public forum.  You can laugh as much as you want, but it does not take a rocket scientist to conclude that you are either:

1) making up stories

2) sadomasochist 

3) psychologically immature person

Again, you can laugh if it helps you.

General comment.  Imagine a poor African child who dreams about having a decent dinner.  And once upon a time he receives a huge bag of delicious food smelling so beautiful and sweet that he almost pass out.  So, you think he jump on eating it all?  Sharing it with his family?  With other hungry children?  No, instead he posts on an internet forum that he got a huge bag of delicious food and he is not going to eat it.   ... the food got eaten by worms...

100%

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Movin' Along

Teralek wrote:

I wasn't intending to be sarcastic when I called you "bro" so if that's how you received it that was unintentional. I say that because you said it back to me which is usually a sign that someone didn't appreciate it. So, no more pet names for you, dude.

I agree that luring is part of the mating process to a degree. When I put on smell good, try to sound intelligent (try, mind you), and try to figure out what she likes so I can show off interest I am luring her into liking me. Ultimately I want her to like me because I want the pleasure of slowly removing her panties - it's just true. Have I done something wrong by trying to impress her and get her interested in me because I want her? Have I lured her in some unfair way into giving over something she didn't want to give me?

Now I think that flirting with a girl in front of her friends to get her jealous could be considered incredibly manipulative. Would that be an example of intentionally manipulating them into giving us what we want? Did I lure her into it?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek,

Again, my comment about religion was general, and I actually had catholic religion on mind.  I am glad it does not apply to you. 

Regarding your case, all I saw was that you stated that you LOVE each other, live together under the same roof, and are not going to have sex.  On top of it you are posting all this on a public forum.  You can laugh as much as you want, but it does not take a rocket scientist to conclude that you are either:

1) making up stories

2) sadomasochist 

General comment.  Imagine a poor African child who dreams about having a decent dinner.  And once upon a time he receives a huge bag of delicious food smelling so beautiful and sweet that he almost pass out.  So, you think he jump on eating it all?  Sharing it with his family?  With other hungry children?  No, instead he posts on an internet forum that he got a huge bag of delicious food and he is not going to eat it.   ... the food got eaten by worms...

100%

That is exactly what I was thinking as well, 100%.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek,

1) making up stories

2) sadomasochist 

100%

That is exactly what I was thinking as well, 100%.

Possibly...

Teralek was handed a golden opportunity on a silver platter and didn't know what to do with it and fucked it up. Instead of admitting this, he tries to make the girl the guilty culprit. 'Not going to eat the delicious food' because he doesn't know how.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Nialler

marcusfish wrote:

Nialler wrote:

Luminon wrote:
All women, specially in modern ages of today have a secret problem with self-value. They need to represent a value, a beauty, but they're afraid that they don't.

Dude, your father is wrong. There are no secrets about women. They're the same as us. I don't know how he gets off on peddling this crap to you, but hey, go ahead and try out his theories in the real world.

Nialler, while I try to avoid agreeing with Luminon, I don't think that your comment could be less correct. When it comes to how we get our self-esteem and sense of comfort from the opposite sex is completely different and I find it counterproductive to suggest that this isn't the case.

Men are the ones that need the coddling from women. A core chunk of our self esteem comes directly from how we believe we are perceived by women. If we are appreciated and built up for our virility and feel that we have/can sufficiently demonstrate our value as providers then we can begin having healthy self image. While we do not get validation from at least one desirable woman I don't believe we can be fully functioning human beings.

Nialler wrote:
What she *does* need from me is a trusting loving relationship, that I contribute to all aspects of living together, that I be a good father to our children, and that I treat her with the respect that she deserves as an equal partner in our relationship.

This much I agree with because this is where many women get the bulk of their positive self image. Some women can feel safe and provided for all on their own and I suspect that they can be quite healthy. This is where men and women differ the most imo, a man can't get what he needs without a woman (or man, if that's how you swing) but woman can technically get what they need without someone else's input. I would say that most women however cannot do this on their own and need to have these needs at least partially sated by someone else.

Nialler wrote:
Flattery might work on such bimbos as accord to your father's sexist theory, but I hate to tell you this: he's a sexist jerk and he's feeding you crap.

What a sensitive age we live in; when presenting the prospect that women need men is a villainous thing to do. It's unfortunate to see. We should be able to have a conversation like this without jumping the gun and assuming that men and women are the same (which is not remotely true) and that we relate to each other with the same fundamental needs in mind.

Some women get a lot of juice from the compliments and reinforcement of her significant other, that makes her a bimbo? No, it doesn't - it makes her possibly different from you but that isn't always a bad thing. Calling someone names because they like compliments is not rational and it certainly isn't constructive.

We are different, why is that so scary? Men need the validation of women and have indomitable sex drives. Why should that be scary to a woman? Why should she work all day long at restricting his natural and unavoidable urges instead of making sure that he is getting his base needs met so that the risk of him leaving are considerably less? Why shouldn't she embrace what he is on a biological level instead of pretending that it's some kind of option for him to be a horn dog who wants the pleasure of as many women as possible? It's a futile exercise and the statistics of the fabled monogamous relationship prove it in stunning fashion.

I see people so determined to undermine reality and puppet these tired old monogamous traditions as if they were helpful.  As skeptics I would much prefer we look at topics like this without the traditional sense of terror. I suspect men and women can go far to have longer relationships if we stop being obsessed with making one exactly like the other.

Flattering a woman to get into her panties is no secret...that's why most (intelligent) women are leary of flattery.

What you describe is no less or, more than any male animal would do to secure the attention of a female for the purpose of mating.

There are some who are more interested in a higher, more meaningful relationship. The trick is finding someone who is on the same level as you. Some prefer to satisfy the more base animal desires instead of intellectual stimulation.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burn Him!

Sandycane wrote:

Teralek was handed a golden opportunity on a silver platter and didn't know what to do with it and fucked it up. Instead of admitting this, he tries to make the girl the guilty culprit. 'Not going to eat the delicious food' because he doesn't know how.

How do we know he messed it up? Because he didn't score with her? If she wasn't into it it was her decision I'm guessing - one could describe her as the culprit of the outcome if one were so inclined, no? I don't think that makes him the bad guy. That doesn't necessarily make him a blame shifting loser whose integrity we should all gleefully insult.

Honestly, I've re-read through all of these posts and I can't figure out what this guy did to get you guys so pissed off at him. None of us have any idea how it went down or what he or the girl wanted out of the situation. Yet there are vicious attacks and wild sweeping assumptions being made and all the while this guy seems to be treated like he is some kind of sick freak and you guys are gathering up wood to burn him.

Did I miss something? I don't mean to come off as confrontational about it but it's just strange and I get the impression that I am missing some history or something.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sex or Conversation / Can't Have Both

Sandycane wrote:

There are some who are more interested in a higher, more meaningful relationship. The trick is finding someone who is on the same level as you. Some prefer to satisfy the more base animal desires instead of intellectual stimulation. 

If we are not interested in satisfying this "base animal desire" (I can't tell if that was intended to be backhanded or not) then what is the difference between that relationship and that of a friend? I am sure we can all agree that everyone has a deep desire for companionship and also a thriving drive for sex. These two things go hand in hand if we are talking about a romantic relationship (as opposed to a platonic friendship).

Does the presence of physical desire for someone cheapen it to the point of completely void of value? Should this drive be held in such contempt?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Sandycane

marcusfish wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

How do we know he messed it up? Because he didn't score with her? If she wasn't into it it was her decision I'm guessing - one could describe her as the culprit of the outcome if one were so inclined, no? I don't think that makes him the bad guy. That doesn't necessarily make him a blame shifting loser whose integrity we should all gleefully insult.

Honestly, I've re-read through all of these posts and I can't figure out what this guy did to get you guys so pissed off at him. None of us have any idea how it went down or what he or the girl wanted out of the situation. Yet there are vicious attacks and wild sweeping assumptions being made and all the while this guy seems to be treated like he is some kind of sick freak and you guys are gathering up wood to burn him.

Did I miss something? I don't mean to come off as confrontational about it but it's just strange and I get the impression that I am missing some history or something.

I've been following the thread since the beginning and I didn't see anything to warrant those assumptions either.  If you like a person sexually, but fail to have sex with them, you're a worthless, crazy, dysfunctional reprobate of some sort worthy of ridicule and venom?  I don't get it.

If I had to guess, I would guess that people are trying to string him up because he has the word theist under his name.  Or people are just being mean.  Or I missed something entirely, but I don't think so.  I'm chalking this one up to the good old lynch mob spirit.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Teralek

marcusfish wrote:

Teralek wrote:

I wasn't intending to be sarcastic when I called you "bro" so if that's how you received it that was unintentional. I say that because you said it back to me which is usually a sign that someone didn't appreciate it. So, no more pet names for you, dude. 

Not at all!! This must be one of those cultural miss understandings. I'm not amercian nor a native english speaker. I found the bro thing funny, that is why I answered the same way.

marcusfish wrote:
Now I think that flirting with a girl in front of her friends to get her jealous could be considered incredibly manipulative. Would that be an example of intentionally manipulating them into giving us what we want? Did I lure her into it?

100% manipulative! Though it works! I can't do it.

marcusfish wrote:

I laughed my ass out!! You are my hero! I'm not even blaming anyone. We are THE best friends. She is the one who doesn't want to have sex for reasons I will not disclose. But I don't blame her in that sense, my friendship towards her does not change.

mellestad wrote:
I've been following the thread since the beginning and I didn't see anything to warrant those assumptions either. If you like a person sexually, but fail to have sex with them, you're a worthless, crazy, dysfunctional reprobate of some sort worthy of ridicule and venom? I don't get it.

If I had to guess, I would guess that people are trying to string him up because he has the word theist under his name. Or people are just being mean. Or I missed something entirely, but I don't think so. I'm chalking this one up to the good old lynch mob spirit.

Oh this is really great!!! At least someone can see the bigotry! 

100percentAtheist wrote:
Regarding your case, all I saw was that you stated that you LOVE each other, live together under the same roof, and are not going to have sex. On top of it you are posting all this on a public forum. 

If you read things from the beggining (it would have avoided your wild speculations) you would have known that she is here temporarily working from the beggining. About this being public than in that case you'd have to arrest for insanity more than half the internet social networks. Although I have fallen in love with her a long time ago, and our situation is resolved I thought that the inedit fact of being under the same roof for sometime could unfold new situations since she is still a person I would want for a wife and I'm still available. It wasn't so though... well life goes on...

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane

Sandycane wrote:

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek wrote:

100percentAtheist wrote:

Teralek,

Then why did you reply?

Good question. Another would be, 'Why did you post your personal business on the Internet if you don't care what other people think?'

I do care. I just don't care with what faggots think. And I'll use South Park definition for this one:

Fag (făg) n.

1 - contemptible person who rides a Harley motorcycle,

2 - an inconsiderate douchebag

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote: I do care. I

Teralek wrote:

I do care. I just don't care with what faggots think. And I'll use South Park definition for this one:

Fag (făg) n.

R O F L (roll on floor laughing if you don't know that one)

You're going to get fried for that one man. I almost peed my pants when I read that so it'll at least be worth it for me Laughing out loud

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote:mellestad

Teralek wrote:

mellestad wrote:
I've been following the thread since the beginning and I didn't see anything to warrant those assumptions either. If you like a person sexually, but fail to have sex with them, you're a worthless, crazy, dysfunctional reprobate of some sort worthy of ridicule and venom? I don't get it.

If I had to guess, I would guess that people are trying to string him up because he has the word theist under his name. Or people are just being mean. Or I missed something entirely, but I don't think so. I'm chalking this one up to the good old lynch mob spirit.

Oh this is really great!!! At least someone can see the bigotry! 

I just like it when everyone gets along.  The more reasonable people that stick around this forum the better it is, regardless of their beliefs.  Look at Luminon...he's nuts, but he's also a great person to have around and I hope he sticks around for years.  I'm bothered when decent theists get picked on because it drives them away and we just get an endless cycle of weird and crazy people, because they are the only people who are willing to put up with the attack attitude.  But I've said it before, I'd rather live in a world with polite, live and let live theists than a world of angry hateful atheists.

That doesn't mean I'd cut a polite theist any slack in the debate threads, but this isn't a debate thread, this is just a thread about a fellow human being.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote: I do care. I

Teralek wrote:

Fag (făg) n.

I do believe I have just been called a faggot. Oh well.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Teralek wrote:

Fag (făg) n.

I do believe I have just been called a faggot. Oh well.

If you're a faggot, then I'm a douchebag.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oh hell! I haven't read this

Oh hell! I haven't read this thread in a while but WOW! I had no idea this would turn into a boxing match

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Faggot

Hmm, definitions of faggot vary. 1. a bundle of sticks to be used for burning.  2.  16th Century term for old unpleasant woman. 3. 17th Century British term for a dude recruited to help fill the military ranks.  Fag in England can refer to  a cigarette and faggot in England can also refer to a type of meatball

First use in a derogatory word for homosexuality was in 1914 .

So, I must be either a bundle of sticks, an old unpleasant woman, a drafted dude in the military, a cigarette or a meatball ? Or the 1914 term.

Hmm, My ex-wife had alot of adjectives to describe me, but none of the above quite fit.

― Giordano Bruno

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Harley, you missed

Harley, you missed one:

fag·ot·ing or faggoting fag′·got·ing (fagət iŋ)

noun

1. a kind of drawnwork or hemstitch with wide spaces
  2. openwork decoration in which the thread is drawn in crisscross or barlike stitches across the open seam

Sorry Teralek if I was a bit harsh with you (I suppose I was). I just don't like the way you view women...maybe it's a gender thing or, an age thing or, a cultural thing. or, a misunderstanding. I don't know but, you just rubbed me the wrong way with your replies to this thread.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's ok Sandycane, no hard

That's ok Sandycane, no hard feelings.

I believe this thread is closed nonetheless...

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote:I admire your

Teralek wrote:

Thanks! (and thanks to you too, Mellestad) I depleted most of my life's share of taking offense, feeling hurt, etc, during my school years. It tired me to react emotionally when someone says this or that. It had to be a great fun for all these kids to say some nonsense and see me react the same every time. So I changed myself radically through detachment. And now I change myself again, because I overdid it.
The problem is that detached emotions don't really help at socializing, dating, enjoying simple joys or competitive sports. These wonderful activities require a healthy dose of non-thinking, aggressiveness and certain low, dirty and naughty states of consciousness, which I lack. When I'll be master of my emotions again in this sense, then I'll really be a great person to hang out with.

harleysportster wrote:

Hmm, definitions of faggot vary. 1. a bundle of sticks to be used for burning.  2.  16th Century term for old unpleasant woman. 3. 17th Century British term for a dude recruited to help fill the military ranks.  Fag in England can refer to  a cigarette and faggot in England can also refer to a type of meatball

First use in a derogatory word for homosexuality was in 1914 .

Yeah, I had to explain the homosexuality meaning of the word "fag" last year to my English teacher. She taught the class the cigarette meaning, but being the Forum English adept, I couldn't let it be, because 'smoking' here also means a blowjob. Someone saying that he "smokes fags" might cause a disaster.