FOXNEWS .com prints opinion of atheist. WTF? Not impossible, but damn refreshing.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
FOXNEWS .com prints opinion of atheist. WTF? Not impossible, but damn refreshing.

Here is a link to their story about the Pew research. They printed an opinion by Dave Silverman.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/09/28/dave-silverman-pew-survey-atheists-bible-preacher-god-islam-holy-american/

Are they waking up? Are they realizing that skepticism and atheism is marketable? I am quite sure that this is merely their way of parading the atheist around like a circus sideshow to gain attention to their website and channel. But it can only backfire because our message is rational, think for yourself, don't blindly buy what others sell you.

Fox has made it's living off of telling the credulous what to believe and is nothing but the propaganda arm of the right wing. I think their printing this is nothing but a stunt, but it doesn't bother me because once the believer reads this, some, not all, might look at what Silverman says and actually do what he says and read the book themselves.

I find it refreshing to see an atheist opinion on their website. I think they have seen the rest of the media do it, other local and national and probably see no choice but to try and compete because other media are covering it as well.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Some of the comments by

Some of the comments by believers are fucking laughable.

Quote:
The bible is a spiritual book and unless you have been born again you are not qualified to comment on it

Translation:

"Don't pick on my daddy, I am too afraid to attempt to defend my belief".

I hate to tell you this dippy, but I have eyes and can read books, any book, which makes me literate. I am sorry it scares you that other people outside your belief can read.

Your god character is a petty tyrant who throws a fit when he cant or wont arrange his army men in his sandbox the way he wants and throws a tantrum and knocks down his toys when he doesn't get what he wants.

Who died and left you boss? I can and will comment and criticize and even blaspheme your fictional friend in the sky and do not need your permission to do so.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another person wrote:Quote:I

Another person wrote:

Quote:
I have researched the Holy Bible, I have read the entire book twice. I must say it can be very confusing, if you allow it to be.

TRANSLATION:

"Simply swallow it and it wont be confusing".

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that's shocking that

Wow, that's shocking that Fox let an atheist pen an article there! At least that's one thing good they've done for a change!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I might have gotten banned

I might have gotten banned from that website. I am now attempting to make posts but a " your post is being reviewed", but my new posts are not posting.

It may simply be that I am posting a lot but one of the moderators accused me of "insulting" here is my response to the false accusation of "insulting". Which has not been posted.

Quote:
QUOTE:"However, by your insulting others' beliefs in such a way you certainly do show that you think yourself indeed special. "

No, I am not special. If you were to shoot me in the head, I would get severely hurt and or die. I cannot stop bullets with my chest. I am one of 6 billion.

There is a difference between blasphemy and an insult.

Here is what you are doing:

Skeptic, "Santa isn't real"
Believer, "DON'T INSULT ME"

Is Santa real?

If you were about to run a stop light and crash, wouldn't you want someone, even if they had to shout at you, to try to prevent you from doing that? Instead of staring at the tip of my finger while I point at the moon, maybe you should ask yourself WHY I say the moon is not made of cheese.

The only "insult" here is you equating blasphemy to being an insult.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions" Thomas Jefferson. If you want to have a glass jaw, I cannot stop you. But you are wrong about my intent and my tactic. I am merely using blasphemy to wake others up out of their dream state.

I DO ENCOURAGE EVERYONE HERE TO POST AT THAT SITE. ESPECIALLY in the opposition's camp. They need to know that we exist and we will not let them get away with their propaganda.

Unlike many both atheists and theists, if they did ban me, I am not going to cry foul or that my freedom of speech has been abridged. I most certainly can post at other websites. But if you haven't posted there yet, they do not require personal info to post.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually I was able to make

Actually I was able to make another post. I didn't want to falsely accuse them of banning me for being an atheist, which is why I was speculating that they might have banned me merely for the amount I was posting.

It seems that it is only a temporary ban in order to convey other opinions. It is FOXNEWS,com not brian37.com.

But even if they had banned me forever, I wouldn't bitch about it or claim my rights were violated.