Bill Maher interviews Richard Tillman brother of Pat Tillman.

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bill Maher interviews Richard Tillman brother of Pat Tillman.

Speaking of Atheists in the military... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t_V_7U8qdc

Apparently Dick Cheney gave a speech at Patt Tillmans funeral and said something like "We will all meet in heaven together." To which his brother responded afterward "He's not with god he's fucking dead." "he would want me to say this he's not religious."

Other great lines "He's simply not with fucking god."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Fucking awesome!It was nice

Fucking awesome!

It was nice to see him blast those idiots at his funeral. I wonder if John and Maria offer their Jewish friends pork.

There are two places you zip your lip, weddings and funerals. John and Maria showed no compassion for Tillman and his brother had every right to tell them to fuck off,

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
A lt Col. in the Army

A lt Col. in the Army actually told Tillman's mother that she is suffering because she is an Atheist, and how can she find peace if her son is just "Wormfood"....

The Army's Christian leanings are sickening.... apparently we are not fighting for America, we are fighting for God, and he is on America's side...just sickening... and the way they handled this is nothing short of criminal, on so many levels...

Not enough Good things can happen to the Tillmans... Pat Tillman is a REAL Hero... and Richard Tillman is awesome.... The whole family are the best of what humanity has to offer... smart and HONEST....

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:A lt Col.

Rich Woods wrote:

A lt Col. in the Army actually told Tillman's mother that she is suffering because she is an Atheist, and how can she find peace if her son is just "Wormfood"....

The Army's Christian leanings are sickening.... apparently we are not fighting for America, we are fighting for God, and he is on America's side...just sickening... and the way they handled this is nothing short of criminal, on so many levels...

Not enough Good things can happen to the Tillmans... Pat Tillman is a REAL Hero... and Richard Tillman is awesome.... The whole family are the best of what humanity has to offer... smart and HONEST....

+1 to your comments. I'll also add that I wish more families like the Tillmans existed in the US. Intelligent, non believing, and willing to say it in a direct and simple way. I am also very tickled by the fact that he told John Mccain "He's simply not with fucking god."

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I think I'm in love with the

I think I'm in love with the Tillman brothers.  The whole thing sucks.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
The original link is gone

The original link is gone due to copyright issues.  I have what I think to be the same saved elsewhere.

Try this:

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/MalpineWalis/?action=view&current=BillMaherinterviewsRichardTillman2010.mp4

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

αθεος
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yes there are people,

Yes there are people, including those in high leadership positions, that are borderline evangelistic in the military, but they cannot do much about someone in their ranks being outspoken about not believing as they do, so I can see where the cover-up comes into play in that aspect.

It is a little ironic to know that when I get deployed to support the fight against religious extremists, I also have to watch out for religious extremism within, because there are those with the mentality that they are fighting for the christian god and are pretty outspoken, sometimes even encouraged for having that mentality... doesn't stop me from being open about my lack of belief though.

I am glad the Tillmans are open about their nonbelief, it's awesome for this country to have a well known war hero who was a non believer.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted...