Fonzie is my rl friend and FB friend.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie is my rl friend and FB friend.

Fundie friend= my actual friend

fundie friend of fundie frind is of course just some random friend of his.

This is real. I had to rant because his little comment popped up on my wall and it irritated me as he knew it would. He speaks of jesus and used to text me and had "jesus loves you" as a default when he texted me.

Fundie friend: Just wanted everyone to know that God broke the mold when he made my wife. She's absolutley the best of best friends and a person im glad im sharing my life with....FOREVER

Me: Just hope one of you doesn't end up in hell...lol

Fundie friend: My Father wouldnt let that happen...what about urs (my name)?

Fundie friend of my fundie friend: I am happy to be the spectator while watching God put pieces of my life in all the right places. So happy to know that God has given you such a wonderful wife and family

Me: Yea, because people themselves are so pathetic and helpless without their sky daddy.

Fundie friend of my fundie friend: You are correct (my name), we are humans, we sin and make mistakes. We ARE pathetic compared to God. That is why God sent his ONLY son to die on the cross for OUR sins, so we can have everlasting life.

Me: Well thats good, sounds like a real nice fellow, sending his son to die and all for something I didn't even do.

Me: Btw (fundie friends name) read your bible, according to this book everyone dies untill judgement day and then we are all bodily ressurected to fight a war of good vs evil.( Much like the account of the death of Jesus when hundreds of corpses were ressurected throughout the city) It says nothing about going to a heaven, the only mention of heaven is in reference as to where this "god" himself dwells.
It is the most important thing in your life, read your bible.

Fundie friend: It's ok to be under conviction with God, he knows you are curious about him.If you just take that leap of faith and put your life in God's hands you will be amazed at what he can do for you...

Me: Read your bible.
If you wish to follow the tales of chauvenistic fearful men who lived 2000 years ago thats your choice.
But don't tell me whats what untill you have read your own doctrine.

Fundie friends friend: Man, I've never seen this side of you : D It's great you have a partner your so passionate about and I'm glad God has blessed you soooooo much! Keep fighting the good faith and never let others tell you any different or cheat you out of those feelings through morbid oppression! Always faithful my friend, always faithful : D

Fundie friend: (my name), you really need to give yourself to God that way you can truly understand what the bible is saying..Being under conviction is just the beginning. Being a true christian and understanding the bible taking it out of text and twisting it like all atheist do.We can sit here and battle about religion all day long but the main ? is, look how God has impacted my life..Look at what he has done for me....Hint hint

Me: You mean what you have done for you. You said "god" helped you get a job, you act as if you did not go fill out a job application and they decided you were qualified. You act as if (his wifes name) were handed to you by an invisible man.
You will obviously never understand that I do think your god exists.
How can I "give myself" to that which does not exist? I may as well pray to a leprechaun or any other man made fictional character.
Why don't you believe in Zeus or any of the many other gods man has worshipped.
Reality is much more real and fulfilling, knowing what you get you earned, what you do you have done. Not some invisible imaginary man in the sky handing you things because you "pray" for it.

Me: Lol morbid opression. It's morbid to believe you are worthless without an imaginary friend.

Fundie friend of fundie friend. Huh? hiss wife is real lol. *(he appaerently did not get that I was responding to his last comment.)

Me:I'm very aware of how real (his wifes name) is lol. I have complimented him several times on doing better the second time around as far as his choice in life partners is concerned.

Fundie friend of fundie friend: But in his post he's testifying to how God is very real with his love and partnership with his wife. To call God an imaginary friend or not real is almost like slapping him in the face and disrespecting his partnership with his wife : /

Me: How so, I said HE did it not some imaginary guy, he is giving credit to that which does not exist when he himself should be taking the credit, it is a "slap in the face" to say some imaginary dude in the clouds did it. Say you win a game, you did not earn it yourself through hard work and practice, an imaginary friend did all the work for you, you are just a tool being manipulated, now tell me what is good about that.

Fundie friend of fundie friend:But your views on God and Lee's are very different. You imagine God as something he is not and (fundie friend) see's Him for what he is? It's like you two are talking about two total different entities?

Me: lol you also can't even imagine it is not real.
We are talking of the same thing, he see's it as real and I see it as something men made up years ago to explain their place in the world.

Fundie friend of fundie friend: You make a good point though. Oh how I wish life were a game for people with the sakes of me. I can personally tell you I've lived life without my faith in my imaginary friend. These days, I just couldn't do it without him. It's a great thi...ng, to let go and live outside of contentment and experience true joy. You can call it a farce, or call me insane, but as I grow older, I just can't do it without my imaginary friend. I enjoy the peace, being kind, and living my life the best I can to a systematic set of principles that keep me in constant joy. But, this page isn't meant to be a discussion board for our personal feelings. I just think it's great that two people are in love so much for one to acknowledge a higher power and the blessings in there life. Feel free to add me as a friend and maybe we could have interesting debates via mail. You bring up a lot of good points, the way I used to feel about things, lol. Again (fundie friend), kudos to you and may God always bless you friend : D

Me: I just want (fundie friend) to read his bible, I think it should be telling that an atheist such as myself knows more of his religion than he does.
He thought I was full of it when I told him jews do not believe in jesus, that is how informed he is on his own religion. What is wrong with me trying to get him to read his bible, that which his faith* is based on? His very life is based on this and he does not read it.
As far as he and (his wifes name) go it's great, I just hate to see him demeaning it with this delusion from which so many suffer from.

Fundie friend: I do read my bible and I understand my bible very well..unlike you couldn't interpret what the book of JOB was. You thought it was about people getting struck by lightning. You say you were once a Christian and went to church and read your... bible, I don't think so...When we talk about religion you except me to know everyone else's beliefs. I only know Baptist and that is all I care about knowing, I'm not a Jew, I'm not a Mormon, I'm not a Church of Christ, I'm not Catholic, I'm not Methodist nor am I Presbyterian, nor am I a Jehovah Witness

Fundie friend: I AM A BAPTIST, if you want to talk about being a Baptist let's hash it out...But if you wanna go on about all the other religions your on your own.. No matter what you say, I BELIEVE IN GOD/JESUS. I do have Faith in my GOD. Look at what GOD has put in my life. Now what do you have to show for since you don't believe in GOD. So from now on accept me for who I am and my beliefs because I don't hear anything you say..

Me: i know, you are deaf

Fundie friend: Yup and very proud of it

Me: lol

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, it amused me. God is

Well, it amused me. God is so awesome he gave him an atheist for a best friend.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Robj

Is your Fonzie our Fonzie?

Yeah - fundy friends and family can be weird as hell. Maybe god organises them to give each of us a cross to bear.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Fundie friend:

robj101 wrote:
Fundie friend: Yup and very proud of it

Pride's not a sin anymore ? Gee, fundamentalism is so flexible.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: Is

Atheistextremist wrote:

Yeah - fundy friends and family can be weird as hell. Maybe god organises them to give each of us a cross to bear.

I was joking he is not Fonzie he is probably worse, his "faith" does not allow him to even glance at this site or anything that may potentially force him to think.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
It can't be a very strong

robj101 wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

I was joking he is not Fonzie he is probably worse, his "faith" does not allow him to even glance at this site or anything that may potentially force him to think.

belief then, can it, a belief that lives in fear of exposure to truth its dogma slanders as the work of satan.

Fundies. They are not all there, if you ask me. Or maybe these mental shortcuts are a way to protect ourselves from confrontation with the real.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

belief then, can it, a belief that lives in fear of exposure to truth its dogma slanders as the work of satan.

Fundies. They are not all there, if you ask me. Or maybe these mental shortcuts are a way to protect ourselves from confrontation with the real.

Well it's very sad, he is actually a pretty decent friend and I really do hate to see him in this hole he and his religion has dug.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Ah, well.

The friendship is the most important thing, anyway.