Read the Necronomicon it'll change your life!

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
User is offlineOffline

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Gorgeous! 

Gorgeous!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Read it - bored the crap out

Read it - bored the crap out of me.

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Read it -

jcgadfly wrote:

You can't possibly have read H.P. Lovecraft and been bored!?! Or are you talking about the prop book they sell on amazon, cause that thing is just for shits and giggles? Read "The Outsider" short story by Lovecraft. In a letter, Lovecraft himself said that, of all his tales, this story most closely resembles the style of his idol Edgar Allen Poe, writing that it "represents my literal though unconscious imitation of Poe at its very height."

Anyway the link was parody of A Mormon commercial infused with Chthulu mythos. It was epic lolz for Lovecraft fans.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
funknotik wrote:jcgadfly

funknotik wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

You can't possibly have read H.P. Lovecraft and been bored!?! Or are you talking about the prop book they sell on amazon, cause that thing is just for shits and giggles? Read "The Outsider" short story by Lovecraft. In a letter, Lovecraft himself said that, of all his tales, this story most closely resembles the style of his idol Edgar Allen Poe, writing that it "represents my literal though unconscious imitation of Poe at its very height."

Anyway the link was parody of A Mormon commercial infused with Chthulu mythos. It was epic lolz for Lovecraft fans.

Well it was in the 80's and I wasn't giving a damn then... I'll look at the link later. I don't get youtube here.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:funknotik

jcgadfly wrote:

funknotik wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Well it was in the 80's and I wasn't giving a damn then... I'll look at the link later. I don't get youtube here.

Yah, you almost certainly read the crap book that was written as supporting material.  If you want to get a feel for the real stuff without the reading, I would urge you to rent John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

devils
atheist
devils's picture
User is offlineOffline
i've read it.  it was

i've read it.  it was interesting at times but it didn't change my life.  The Golden Bough, however....

"Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand."
Bertrand Russell

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1572636949